As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: A Garden of Boring? ( Kieran)  (Read 106 times)

Findlay OBrien-Razi

(04/01/2019 at 01:27)
  • Fifth Year
  • C2D2T1S3
    • View Profile
He believed in learning from his mistakes, and the biggest mistake of his first year was to attempt some educational adventures.  Thankfully, there were enough core classes with his brother that he could copy his way to success.  Still, next year he was just going to take whatever Kieran took and that would be the end of it.

Looking towards his brother with a smirk he said " I'm happy to be at camp just not to have to hear our hypocrite father complain about my grades. "  Then he chuckled with his grin getting bigger as he looked forward noticing just how many plants the gardens ahead of him had.  With a raised eyebrow he said " Don't spend the whole summer looking things up?  Though if you find anything good tell me. "

As he imagined there had to be something decent for potion brewing in the gardens.

Proceeding forward he moved to pick one of the flowers and said " Any idea what this is " as he held up a rather simple white flower that was beyond boring.  All he could hope was the rest of the garden wasn't as boring, as he would hate Kieran to lose a summer to boring.

Kieran OBrien Razi

(04/01/2019 at 19:59)
  • Fifth Year
  • C3D2T4S3
    • View Profile
Kieran laughed a little. "And what makes you think I'll be able to save your grades? I barely got through last year myself. At least you wouldn't get an earful for failing at dueling."

They were better off together, and he knew it. He had known it last year too, but it had been an experiment to see if they did better on their own or not. Not, as it happened, was the answer.

Fin's next comment was testament to how well they knew each other. Left to himself he would research, make signs, and mark everything of use in this garden. As it stood, that was the last thing he wanted to do while they were on break. Still, he glanced up as his brother held up a small, plain white flower.

"Daisy, maybe." Kieran shrugged. They were found all over the world, and an ingredient in Shrinking Solution. He tried to look as uninterested in the flower as it was possible to be. Glancing around them he noted at least half a dozen plants that could be used in potions.

"I promise I won't spend all Summer looking things up." He said as steadfastly as he could muster while resisting the urge to dig up the roots of the plucked daisy.

"Fin...let's go on an adventure," Kieran suggested. His twin was better at thinking up ways to get them into trouble. He was better at thinking up ways to get them out.

Findlay OBrien-Razi

(04/02/2019 at 01:22)
  • Fifth Year
  • C2D2T1S3
    • View Profile
He looked over at his brother and let out a chuckle.  Then he said “ We both know if there weren’t so many books in that library you would have paid more attention to the boring ones that were part of classes. “  Thankfully he was confident his brother would read the whole library by third year, fourth at the latest if one included the restricted section. 

With a shrug he said “ Are you planning to try dueling again? “  He was one for adventures, not being a dueling dummy for seventh years so he had no interest in dueling until he was confident he could take on at least some of the older years.

"Daisy, maybe.”

Off the top his head he said “ Belching potion right? “ offhandedly.

"I promise I won't spend all Summer looking things up."

With a smirk he said “ Good. “  Naturally, it didn’t manner as he had little intention of letting his brother waste a summer.  They’d already wasted a whole term at Hogwarts.

"Fin...let's go on an adventure,”

Now his brother was talking some sense.  He said “ There is definitely some potential this summer, not as much as last. “  He was probably one of the only ones disappointed with camp.  It looked like a boring city without the people that made cities interesting.  He said " I think the most potential is that weird island. "

Kieran OBrien Razi

(04/03/2019 at 04:06)
  • Fifth Year
  • C3D2T4S3
    • View Profile
“We both know if there weren’t so many books in that library you would have paid more attention to the boring ones that were part of classes."

Kieran wished he could argue with his brother, but Findlay was right. He probably would have been more into his lessons if there weren't so many other good books to devour as ravenously as possible.

“Are you planning to try dueling again?"

"I think I'm going to give it one more try before I give up on it completely," he answered. He hadn't really gotten a chance at it last term. Mostly because he had been reading when it had been time for him to be on the dueling block, and by the time he had gotten there, the duel was all but over.

"Shrinking Solution," Kieran corrected automatically without much thought. Then he realized what he had done, and went slightly pink around the ears.

"The island does seem interesting." He was of the same mind as Fin on this one. Cities were far more interesting when there were people to watch. Without the people, there was nothing to observe. He liked the camp better when it had wild places to explore.

The wild places were few and far between in France.

"At least the food is good this year," he countered, trying to provide some positive spin on this particular Summer.

Tags: