As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: It's not only the bed bugs that bite || Shirley  (Read 79 times)

Marilyn-Rose Wilson

(12/30/2018 at 00:48)
  • Fourth Year
  • C4D3T4S4
    • View Profile
1st day of camp
The lower girls cabin

New dorm, new people, and notably not Lia. There was another girl she recognised from her year, and a bunch of smaller girls. They scattered out of her way, splitting like the red sea for the blonde in heels.

Dumping her stuff on the nearest bed to the window, claiming it for late night escapes, she turned and looked at the redhead from her year.

“Do I know you?”

A raised eyebrow, an incredulous look. Queen bee mode activated.
well, my heart knows me better than i know myself,
so i'm gonna let it do all the talking

Shirley Webb

(12/30/2018 at 07:21)
  • Fourth Year
  • C3D5T3S3
    • View Profile
She'd been planning to unpack a little bit more carefully this year, especially since her plans included not being in her cabin very much at all. It was difficult enough to find things in the dark without having to look in unorganized crannies.

But her Effective Unpacking was going to have to wait, it seemed, as Mari was in a mood for a chat. Or a stand-off. Shirley sometimes found it really difficult to read Hufflepuffs.

"Of course you do." The words came easily, followed by a pause and a shrug.

"I offered to switch critters with you in Doomey's class. If the hag had let us, you would have had Circe for the term, not... whatever-your-mouse-was-called."

Marilyn-Rose Wilson

(12/30/2018 at 15:34)
  • Fourth Year
  • C4D3T4S4
    • View Profile
Marilyn nodded, her expression cooled- slightly, not much. As she sat on her bed.

"God, Doomey's awful, isn't she?" She spoke, "I mean, I am terrified of mice and she doesn't let us swap and then keeps on torturing me with it. I didn't expect it to become a real live mouse. I hope they fired her, not even kidding, first ever lesson with her and she separated us by our knowledge of the subject, only the groups were smart kids, and... not smart kids."

A breath.

"Did she even teach us anything?"

A pause.

"And I swear that she was like, obsessed with me. She pulled me up on the podium one time. But hey, at least it's another term that's over."

Shirley Webb

(12/30/2018 at 16:57)
  • Fourth Year
  • C3D5T3S3
    • View Profile
Shirley smiled indulgently as she listened to Mari's rant. Truth be told, she'd learned a great deal from Professor Toomey. Unfortunately she'd gained the experience at the expense of making any progress in Transfiguration. She was nervous of the subject now; it would take an absolute miracle for her to regain her confidence.

"Yes, another year gone," she agreed with a smile, taking a seat on the nearest bed. She was really looking forward to the long, lazy summer that stretched out before her. It was just what she needed to expel the feeling of disappointment that still lingered after the last term.

"I like your lipstick, by the way," the redhead mentioned. Here they were, both the same age, yet Mari looked so much better put together than Shirley had ever managed. "Which shade is that?"
« Last Edit: 12/30/2018 at 17:11 by Shirley Webb »

Marilyn-Rose Wilson

(12/30/2018 at 17:21)
  • Fourth Year
  • C4D3T4S4
    • View Profile
"Oh, I never wear lipstick, my lips are naturally this colour." She said, her bright smile back on her face. The modelling smile, that she often wore. "But I always wear lipgloss, it's lemon flavoured."

A wink.

"I'm sure we'll find a good colour for you, Sheila. That's your name, right?"

Marilyn was terrible with names, that she was willing to admit.

"I wish Lia was here, she's my dorm mate. She usually sleeps in the bed beside me, and dear god, are we actually going to be trapped in this cabin with these little kids?"

A sigh, and a glare sent at one of the younger girls, who whimpered and scuttled away from the pair.

Shirley Webb

(12/30/2018 at 17:50)
  • Fourth Year
  • C3D5T3S3
    • View Profile
Looking at the other girl, Shirley suddenly wondered whether the Hufflepuff was a lot better at Transfiguration than she let on. Unless that lemon lip gloss was something marvelous, in which case it was probably quite expensive. She didn't ask her this, nor did she correct her on the name. It would probably be much more interesting to be a Sheila for a few days.

"I think I've met your dorm mate," Shirley mumbled, then shrugged. As far as memory served Lia was blonde as well, but then a lot of Hufflepuffs their age were. The darker, brooding girls usually ended up in other houses.

"They'll probably go to bed very early," Shirley said, watching the younger girl from the corner of her eye. "I plan to stay out quite late most night anyway."

Marilyn-Rose Wilson

(12/30/2018 at 18:32)
  • Fourth Year
  • C4D3T4S4
    • View Profile
"You probably have, she's kinda quiet, though." Said Marilyn, shrugging about her .

"They're all little snitches, except--" She paused to point out a small brunette, who she smiled and waved at, "--her. She's a Puff. Lizzy, she likes charms. I helped her with her homework."

Marilyn looked back at Sheila.

"Anyways. What makeup do you have? Half mine was stolen by that brat Valentina."

And she couldn't afford to buy more.

"I mean, late night swimming and hanging out with people on a night requires a good look."

A smile, perfect teeth becoming visible.

"Don't you agree?"

Shirley Webb

(12/30/2018 at 19:43)
  • Fourth Year
  • C3D5T3S3
    • View Profile
Shirley glanced towards the younger girl Marilyn was pointing out. She'd never seen her before either, but then if she liked Charms, that would explain it. It was a subject that often gave her headaches. Best

"Oh I don't have any makeup, really. My mum doesn't like me covering my freckles for some reason and mascara just makes my eyes itch."

Besides, Shirley wasn't really used to wandering around with things on her face. No doubt she'd forget all about it and smear the colours everywhere. The best she could really hope for was a nice lip gloss. Rouge would just look ridiculous against her pale skin.

Tags: