Vote for Player of the Summer!

Author Topic: Player of the Week '55!  (Read 268 times)

* Clinton Litchfield

(12/15/2018 at 22:25)
  • Director of Camp Loki & Head of Hufflepuff
  • C6D28T7S6
  • ['46-'47] Journalist of the Term ['47-'48] Journalist of the Term [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Player of the Week!
Summer 1955

Every summer, the Mod Squad (i.e. your counsellors) convenes and nominates one new player (or a player that has returned from a long hiatus) each week to the honour of Player of the Week! These members have seriously impressed the summer counsellors, and we hope to see them around for many terms to come!
i see a mansard roof through the trees
i see a salty message written in the eaves
the ground beneath my feet, the hot garbage and concrete
and now the tops of buildings, i can see them too

* Clinton Litchfield

(12/15/2018 at 22:27)
  • C6D28T7S6
  • ['46-'47] Journalist of the Term ['47-'48] Journalist of the Term [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Week 1: Lysander Stone!
From the Mod Squad!

Like a firecracker impatiently waiting to be lit, I am so glad for summer to finally come so the many students at Hogwarts could finally interact with Lysander! An early applicant who has been already active on the boards of Elsewhere, I love how sunny and exuberant Sandy has been on the Summer boards. He encapsulates everything I love about camp and I am even more excited to see him in action at Hogwarts. --Calvin Sharppe

While he took quite a bit of time off from Hoggies, Lysander has immediately gotten back into the swing of things during summer. He's signed up for Quidditch and Duelling without hesitation, hasn't been afraid to reach out to people for plots and has really taken summer camp by storm. Lysander is exactly the sort of go-getter that makes summer so much fun! --Aiden Duncan

I can’t help but jump on the band-wagon here with nominating this one. The kid’s just all over the place and in the best of ways! Their energy and willingness to just dive right in are great and fun to see. Apart from the player’s contagious activity levels, I think they manage to capture the enthusiasm and spirit of an actual kid at summer camp, and I love that. I'm excited to see where this one will go! --Téo Wittington

About Lysander!

What shall we call you? Do you have any favorite nicknames?
Lys is the player name and Sandy is the character.  Cuts out on confusion :)

How did you find HSNet?
My dungeons and dragons group at the time was in the middle of a very long dungeon crawl with no role play - I needed my fix! Didn't intend at all to join a HP role play, but I knew the universe like the back of my hand and so fell on in. 

What made you decide to join?
I joined several role play sites all at once - this was the site with active admins and players and a clear site plot. Clearly defined rules encourage creative role-playing, and I think this site wins out in that regard.

Which book is your favorite in the series?
Halfblood prince! The series is by and large a mystery series and the mystery of the prince was entertaining from beginning to end. Umbridge is a great villain who resonates with everyone. The book is defeat after defeat for the heroes, and it's great seeing them weather the storm.

Who is your favorite character from the books?
Ron. He's the 'badass normal' in a universe where everyone has magic. There's never a question whether Harry or Hermione can go the distance. Ron is there by sheer force of will. Ron isn't exceptional - here's just hard-headed and brave and reliable.

Who are you most excited to roleplay with, that you haven't yet?
True, I'm looking your way! You are one of my favourite writers on the site,  your writing is always engaging and I'm not shy to admit that Sandy is in many ways inspired by Tallulah Sloe.

What is one thread that everyone should read this very instant? Why?
Real Peach is written by two people with a flair for punchy dialogue and realistic characterisation. Go read it and fall in love with them both!

What is one thing about Lysander that no one knows?
He's scared of animals big and small. I key it up to undefined events in his childhood.

What is one thing about Lysander that everyone should know?
He is incapable of envy and will always be your biggest cheerleader.

What are you most excited about for when term begins?
It feel as if there's a huge influx of first years from some really great writers. Now's a really good time to come back!

Any last words?
Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak!
i see a mansard roof through the trees
i see a salty message written in the eaves
the ground beneath my feet, the hot garbage and concrete
and now the tops of buildings, i can see them too

* Clinton Litchfield

(12/22/2018 at 13:33)
  • C6D28T7S6
    • View Profile
Week 2: Basil Razi!
From the Mod Squad!

He's been super active since week 1. After being gone for so long he has thrown himself in full force... And it's simply amazing. He threads with everyone and has fresh plot ideas that are out of this world! --Pilar Reina

I'm pretty overly excited to see this player back on the site! I remember one of their old characters and really enjoyed reading their posts. This appears to have not changed, as Basil Razi is entertaining to read about. The character's player has returned with a force, remaining active and emerging themselves back into our Hoggies world, and I'm very, very pleased to see it! Welcome back! --Téo Wittington

A welcome re-addition to the Hoggies family, it seems that Basil hasn't lost a step since taking time off from the site. From joining fun, new activities like Hippogriffs and Horklumps, to having quite a few threads up already and even making a splash in the Spin the Bottle game, Basil has certainly proven to be a veteran that has no qualms jumping right in after a long break. --Aiden Duncan

About Basil!

Let’s go with Ollie.  It was the last name of one of my previous characters on site eons ago, and I’ve sorta kept with it as a site nickname.

How did you find HSNet?
I don’t remember how I found Hoggies - site nickname before HSNet that I still say by accident a lot…

When I initially joined my goal was to get better at writing from both a speed, creativity, and communication perspective.  My time on the site on/off has helped me improve greatly, and given me a love of writing odd characters.  I came back as I had a character idea for a wizarding circus kid with a Razi twist being sent to Hogwarts that kept haunting me - this was before the latest movie.  Hopefully now Basil has been given life he’ll stop bothering me in the back of my head.

The first one. It started the magic…

Am I allowed to say the Wrackspurts are my favorite?  I’m guessing not, so when I started reading the books it was Hermione, but as I’ve gotten older it has changed to Luna.

Everyone I haven’t.  I typically don’t read threads I’m not in especially when I start writing new characters as I want my first roleplay with a person/character to be influenced by what they are writing in that thread - not based on what I’ve read in other threads.  Plus it keeps me from power playing my characters know things they shouldn't.  I’ll probably start resisting temptation to lurk things soon..,

Every thread is awesome!  Pick your favorite number between 215 and 378 - probably more by now, keep picking if one fails...  Then put it into your browser and replace the XXX’s to find the thread you should read: hogwarts-school.net/summer/index.php?topic=8XXX.0

What is one thing about Basil that no one knows?
His blood status…  I don’t even know…

What is one thing about Basil that everyone should know?
Basil genuinely wants to help people be better deep in his heart, even if he tries to convince himself that he helps people only because he wants to be surrounded by those as strong as himself.

I always love the sort for which house the new characters will go in - especially my own!  I am also excited to play little Findlay who is the son of one of my favorite previous characters Jabari Razi with an amazing looking firstie class (that I'm hoping he's in, but they'll be amazing either way). I also secretly love trying to post the first open thread of term/summer for some strange reason - I challenge you all to a race!.  Go!

Any last words?
My favorite type of threads are open threads as any character can join them and they can go off in directions that are better than anything I could ever plot…  Naturally feel free to nudge me for threads/plots…  Hope to RP with you all!
what's that playing on the radio
why do i start swaying to and fro
i have never heard that song before,
but if i don't hear it anymore

* Clinton Litchfield

(12/29/2018 at 11:25)
  • C6D28T7S6
    • View Profile
Week 3: Ellen Lavrovsky!
From the Mod Squad!

I've been following Ellen's summer threads, and she's wonderful to read. She captures the excitement and enthusiasm of being an eleven year old perfectly, and there's a wonderful sense of humour running throughout her posts. I've particularly enjoyed this thread of hers with Calvin, and I can't wait to see more of her once term begins. --Jeremiah Smallweed

Ever since creating a character she's been engaged on the site. From being active in MC to jumping into open threads and creating open threads of her own. I'm excited to see her character grow, and to thread with her myself. --Pilar Reina

There are few people who navigate this confusing and vast site for the first time and get it right. Ellen however, has seamlessly integrated herself, being open and friendly in chat, starting open threads, and replying to others. I thoroughly enjoy her writing and the young energy that is her character and look forward to seeing her more around the site! --Calvin Sharppe

About Ellen!

Ellen is fine but if you can come up with any nicknames for me that's okay, too!

How did you find HSNet?
A friend was a member here. I don't remember which character my friend was, though. They told me about it one day in a conversation...

... I ended up remembering that conversation. It took a bit of searching but somehow I managed to find my way here!

Hmm, probably the seventh book. I loved the focus on hiding out in the woods and being sneaky with all that subterfuge. That little taste of dystopia in there was really fun to imagine!

So, I liked when they introduced witches and wizards from different schools. Getting to know Krum and Fleur was fun but I think due to Fleur being more prevalent in the series, I'd have to vote her as my favorite!

Oh gosh, Samuel Whitmore and Ellen were going to have a cute story. Sorry I haven't been around to start the thread though! :(

Umm... I definitely recommend the spin the bottle thread. It is kind of the only one I keep tabs on despite not having a character involved.

What is one thing about Ellen that no one knows?
She is very protective of her Matryoshka Doll, craved by her father and painted her mother.

What is one thing about Ellen that everyone should know?
She's from Russia and carries that in her accent, definitely noticeable when she speaks.

The idea of classes sound fun (until you have homework involving essays...)

Any last words?
Umm... Oh! I just came back from my trip to Orlando and I finally got to see Hogwarts at Universal which was a lot of fun! I definitely recommend it!
coming to your house, knocking at your door
you're my first sip of wine. you cool me, cool me down
left your clothes next to the bed, some pretty pictures in my head
i hope you had a great summer, a great summer away

Tags: