As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: the one where no one is running | Jeremiah  (Read 65 times)

Lia Ayres

(12/12/2018 at 01:25)
  • Fourth Year
  • C6D3T5S5
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
What was it about the great outdoors that made everyone sixteen times as likely to get injured?

Lia had yet to figure it out, despite slapping on more band-aids and burn potions and healing potions than she could count onto what had to be every single person at camp this summer. She'd mostly given up on even bothering to do proper, magical healing with most of the minor injuries by this point, preferring to let them suffer with band-aids and muggle treatments if they were going to be falling out of trees and running into things and playing sports and the like. They'd done it to themselves, after all.

It was weirdly quiet in the infirmary currently, however. Lia tried not to think about that too much, lest it bring the apocalypse or something. Unfortunately, luck, it seemed, was not working in her favour, as she was pulled from her potion making to the sounds of another human being appearing. Or that was how she imagined it.

At least, it was just Jeremiah Smallweed. Could have been worse. "Are you looking for the M&Ms I still owe you, or did you break yourself too?"
do you like the person you've become?

Jeremiah Smallweed

(12/12/2018 at 23:14)
  • Seventh Year
  • C1D1T1S2
    • View Profile
He was not here because of his own recklessness, but because, for once, he'd stepped into his role as summer counsellor and tried to prevent the recklessness of two soon-to-be first years from doing any real damage.

The result? He'd gotten caught -- quite literally -- in the crossfire of their illegal duel.

The kids had come out of it okay, just, but with defeated egos and confiscated wands (which, presumably, now sat in the Camp Director's quarters somewhere). Jeremiah Smallweed, on the other hand, had not. Incendio could be a risky spell at the best of times. Erupting from the wand of an untrained wizard, it was downright dangerous.

"I didn't do it." Lia Ayres was a more welcome face than most. Not for the first time, he was grateful that Cecelia Bramston wasn't at Camp Loki this summer. "It was some stupid kid with a wand they should'nt've had."

Jere held up his forearm, and the nasty burn, inflamed red and with skin already peeling, that ran along the length of it. "I'll take some M&Ms as well as some help, though, if you're offerin'."
You caught my attention, you were looking at me first
All that I can see's you waking up in my t-shirt
If you're not hooked on anything right now, I can be your vice

Lia Ayres

(12/16/2018 at 20:21)
  • Fourth Year
  • C6D3T5S5
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"I didn't do it." Lia gave Jeremiah Smallweed an incredulous look. "It was some stupid kid with a wand they should'nt've had."

"Sure it was," she responded, as she glanced down at his arm. Yikes. It wasn't pretty, all red and peeling and gross. It would leave a good scar if they were in the muggle world. "Let's get this started and then I'll get your M&Ms."

She searched through the potions cabinet, locating a healing serum. She dumped the potion into a small cauldron, adding a few extra ingredients to enhance the serum and letting it simmer for a minute. She moved over to grab the candy from her bag, tossing to him.

"That just needs a minute. I'm glad it's something easy to heal. Not that I'm happy you got burned at all," she said, glancing into the cauldron. She leaned back against the workspace. "So how did a kid you a burn that severe?"

Jeremiah Smallweed

(12/23/2018 at 15:18)
  • Seventh Year
  • C1D1T1S2
    • View Profile
She sounded a little bit like she didn't believe him, but he didn't bother trying to defend his story just yet. He still needed her help fixing it, after all -- as well as the chocolate she owed him.

"Well," he snatched the bag from the air with his good hand, and struggled for a moment to tear it open before he managed it. "It was an accident, I think. Idiot must've only just gotten their wand or somethin', I dunno. I guess Incendio sounds kinda fun all the way up until you set a counsellor on fire, right?"

And even then, the kid hadn't seemed too upset about it.

He shook the packet of M&Ms, picked out two blue ones for himself, and then angled the bag towards her. "Want some?"
The next time I saw you, you were breaking down
A million years had gone away
You looked right at me, and I just turned around
There was still nothing I could say
But I'm gonna keep you in love with me for a while

Lia Ayres

(12/24/2018 at 20:29)
  • Fourth Year
  • C6D3T5S5
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
The potion finished and she took it off the heat to cool. It probably would have been fine to use right away - magic and all - but she was still used to the muggle rules that you don't put hot things on burns.

"You going to kick him out for it?" she asked, curiously. Could you get kicked out of camp? "Or do you give out camp detentions or groundings or whatever?" It wasn't like they had points or anything to be taken away.

She grabbed a few M&Ms when he offered the bag to her, popping a couple in her mouth. She never turned down chocolate.

"What are you gonna do for junk food now that you're not running with me?"