Author Topic: Everybody Talks // Aldessa  (Read 200 times)

Adam Hoying

(12/09/2018 at 02:57)
  • Seventh Year
  • C6D7T7S7
    • View Profile
july 4, 1955
shuddering wood; just within the treeline
most definitely after curfew

The Fourth of July always tended to strike a feeling of nostalgia within Adam. He could clearly recall the gatherings that used to take place annually, celebrating America's independence with barbecue and fireworks. Of course, such a holiday was nonexistent in both Britain and Narnia; that entire part of his life now was. This was something he had long since accepted, but he couldn't help wishing to see one more firework show.

It was late, he knew, but the night did not deter Adam Hoying. Perhaps it was not the right time to explore the forest, but it was where his feet had led him, and he paused to lean against a tree and wonder why that was. Holding his wand tightly in his hand, he absentmindedly wondered what might happen if he were to create just one firework of his own--break the rules, just this once--knowing the whole time that he wouldn't.
we're going too fast, fast save us
--we're going too fast, fast--
s a v e  u s  n o w

Alex Thompson

(12/09/2018 at 04:52)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D5T5S8
    • View Profile
She walked aimlessly, as if nothing could stop her. It felt weird storming out of the cabin after a nightmare like the one she just had and finding herself in a strange place. Usually she'd head to the rooftop in the castle, but this was uncharted territory.

A lot of trees passed by her, she didn't pay attention to her surroundings. It was dark but she didn't care. Darkness didn't frighten her.

In the spur of the moment she closed her eyes as she continued to walk, whatever happened would happen and she didn't care. Suddenly, she hit something and tripped. Somehow, managing to keep her balance, Alex reached for her wand, turned around as fast as she could and said "Lumos!" She had to find out what or who was there. She quickly caught a glimpse of his face and then snuck her wand back in her pocket.

"Adam... What are you doing here?"

It felt strange to say his name.

Adam Hoying

(12/10/2018 at 01:21)
  • Seventh Year
  • C6D7T7S7
    • View Profile
He certainly had not expected for someone to literally crash into him--in fact, he had thought he was entirely alone, and surprise showed clearly as his expression was illuminated. Adam blinked several times in quick succession, rubbing his eyes in an automatic reaction to the sudden light.

A response came out at last after a beat of silence. "Th--this is where I ended up." A sharp intake of breath. He had talked to Alex Thompson before, but he had not been prepared for a late-night encounter in the forest.
I created a monster
a beast inside my brain
i've nowhere to go, i'm out on my own, my mind impaired
Awake me from my nightmare

Alex Thompson

(12/10/2018 at 14:39)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D5T5S8
    • View Profile
She looked at him, or at least what she could make of his silhouette in the dark. Adam seemed at bit uneasy and maybe it had to do with her being there.

Alex didn't care if she was interrupting or anything, the forest was big enough for both of them but she could use the company.

What was it that people did? Ah yes, have a conversation.

"So how do you end up in the forest at this time of night? Are you having a moment or something?" 

She definitely wasn't the best at it.

Adam Hoying

(12/10/2018 at 22:33)
  • Seventh Year
  • C6D7T7S7
    • View Profile
"A moment?" He frowned. "I...suppose." Was a bout of nostalgia that led to late-night wandering a moment? Why would Alex Thompson want to be the judge of that?

He reminded himself that they had spoken before--surely it would be fine--and returned with a question of his own. "W-what about you?" He had never been one of those lucky people who could properly converse with ease, but he thought that this must be how it went. Question, answer, follow-up question. Continuation.

(He was not sure he had a choice as to whether it continued.)
we're going too fast, fast save us
--we're going too fast, fast--
s a v e  u s  n o w

Alex Thompson

(12/11/2018 at 20:15)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D5T5S8
    • View Profile
"I...", she paused, should she tell him about her nightmare? She didn't know him that well..

"I couldn't sleep so I came out for a midnight stroll.." That is if one counts running into people a "stroll".

Alex looked around the forest, why were they just standing there? "So... are you planning on standing here all night? Or is there anything more interesting you had in mind?"

She reached in her pocket for a cigarette and managed to light it up, she was hoping to do something to get things off her mind, anything, maybe even burning down the forest for that matter. 

Adam Hoying

(12/12/2018 at 22:30)
  • Seventh Year
  • C6D7T7S7
    • View Profile
His response was merely a nod. Adam had been on similar excursions more times than he could count--that is, if one were to use the word stroll to describe his late-night wanderings.

Interesting, he thought, twirling his wand between his fingers. This did not tend to be a word that was present in his typical monotonous routine, and a little voice hinting at the changing of that niggled in the back of his mind. "Th--there'd be f-fireworks today, if this were America," he said, despite not knowing why he bothered. "But w-we're in a place that doesn't exist."

Smoking, Adam thought, seemed to be common amongst the older students at Hogwarts. He supposed he had seen stranger things.
When you're falling in a forest
And there's nobody around
Do you ever really crash
Or even make a sound
Did I even make a sound?
It's like I never made a sound
Will I ever make a sound?

Alex Thompson

(12/13/2018 at 14:17)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D5T5S8
    • View Profile
She watched as he fiddled with his wand. It seemed as though he was there to do much more than what she'd first imagined; he looked like he had a plan and she was there to encourage whatever it was. She arched an eyebrow and teasingly said:

"Why don't we find a way to celebrate it then, American boy?"

Alex smiled, feeling genuinely excited at the idea of seeing fireworks; she hadn't seen something like that in a very long time, other than the 'sparkles' she'd sent in some people's direction or the occasional (merely accidental) book burning session.

So she put out her cigarette, moved closer to Adam and added  "Show me, what would they look like?"

Adam Hoying

(12/26/2018 at 20:18)
  • Seventh Year
  • C6D7T7S7
    • View Profile
Almost immediately, he shook his head. Adam John Hoying was a rule-follower, born and raised. It was what he had always been taught; obey authority, for they often know much more than you. Rarely did he see any reason to question this, and though he would not mind to see fireworks on this summer night, he knew it was best to not. There were so many things that could go wrong.

"I can't use magic."

This, he did not stumble over. Rules were rules, and facts were facts.

sorry i disappeared for ages :/
i was told when i get older all my fears would shrink
But now I'm insecure
and i care what people think

Vanessa Naoi

(01/05/2019 at 08:55)
  • Fifth Year
  • C5D2T2S2
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
She was out and about in the middle of the night for no reason but to enjoy the moon, the stars, the cool breeze on her skin and hair.

It had become routine.

What was not routine, and actually quite unexpected, were two figures, enshrouded in the darkness, one up against a tree and the other, quite close.

And as Vanessa drew nearer, she realized they were two faces she recognized.

Both she was acquainted with. One, by choice; the other, by unpleasantly and constantly crossing paths. Together, they were a strange pair.

Her thoughts immediately considered the worst. Something within her tightened, and she ducked behind the cover of a large tree trunk.

What were they up to?
ΙΟΠ
GRYFFINDOR

speak up.