Vote for Player of the Summer!

Author Topic: Thorn in my Side || Vega  (Read 410 times)

* Nashira Nettlebed

(08/23/2018 at 23:29)
  • Lawyer-in-training
  • C8D8T7S8
    • View Profile
A few days after the Team Wombat picnic
11:36 a.m.

Nashira usually reveled in the sort of rumours about who liked who, especially when they involved her. Only, usually, those were about someone (most recently Gertrude Morningdew of all people) liking her and not the other way around.

This one was different. It was also completely false.

"Vega Nettlebed." Nash's voice bellowed when she finally found her sister by a riverbend, probably sniffing out more ingredients to feed her ridiculous potion obsession. Trying her hardest to make her slim form broad and intimidating as could be, she stormed over to her older sibling. "You're a smelly old liar!"
if I win the lottery you'll never see me again
i'll be downtown

see you around

* Vega Nettlebed

(08/24/2018 at 12:35)
  • Potioneer
  • C12D10T13S8
    • View Profile
She was crouched on the riverbank, scooping algae -- specifically, Chlorella -- by the handful into a bucket, when Nashira, as elegant as ever, came bulldozing towards her.

"Am I?" Blue eyes flickered up to glance at her sister and just as abruptly returned to squinting at the water.

"Which terrible crime are you trying to accuse me of today?"

* Nashira Nettlebed

(08/24/2018 at 14:14)
  • Lawyer-in-training
  • C8D8T7S8
    • View Profile
Nashira scoffed at Vega's feigned (there was no way she didn't know!) ignorance and crossed her arms.

"Apparently I like Avery Elliott?"

Everyone knew, if there was a Nettlebed who liked him, it was definitely Vega.
i'll be downtown

see you around

* Vega Nettlebed

(08/24/2018 at 16:06)
  • Potioneer
  • C12D10T13S8
    • View Profile
...Ah.

Aphrodite had gone blabbing, then, had she?

Vega probably should have seen this one coming. Perhaps she might have done, if she'd bothered to practise her Divination skills this summer.

"Do you?" She continued to pretend that she didn't have a clue what her sister was on about, though there was something in the glint of her gaze that perhaps suggested otherwise. "God, Nash, you have terrible taste. Haven't you seen the state of his hair?"

* Nashira Nettlebed

(08/25/2018 at 22:53)
  • Lawyer-in-training
  • C8D8T7S8
    • View Profile
"Ew! Of course not!" Though Elliott was certainly nowhere near as gross as her revulsion suggested, Nashira wouldn't touch him with a ten foot pole for the mere fact that her Vega had touched him first. And that was gross.

"Besides, everyone knows you're the one that likes him."

Vega always seemed to be around him, after all. Nashira, on the other hand, barely knew him.
i'll be downtown

see you around

* Vega Nettlebed

(08/25/2018 at 23:48)
  • Potioneer
  • C12D10T13S8
    • View Profile
A big blob of algae slipped from her grasp and plopped back into the river.

Glaring daggers, Vega stood, bucket in hand and drawing herself to her full height.

"What did you just say?"

* Nashira Nettlebed

(08/26/2018 at 00:20)
  • Lawyer-in-training
  • C8D8T7S8
    • View Profile
Nashira grinned more toothily than she was usually comfortable with.

She couldn't have known for sure whether what she'd said was true -- not until Vega confirmed it by dropping some of her precious goo back into the water.

"I said," She paused, for effect, breathing in the satisfaction of finally being the sister with the upper hand. "Everyone knows you like him."
i'll be downtown

see you around

* Vega Nettlebed

(08/26/2018 at 12:53)
  • Potioneer
  • C12D10T13S8
    • View Profile
"No they don't," she said, too quickly. She could feel her cheeks burning.

"There's nothing to know, anyway, I hate him and he hates me too." Vega, seething, took a step forward. "Take it back."

* Nashira Nettlebed

(08/26/2018 at 16:41)
  • Lawyer-in-training
  • C8D8T7S8
    • View Profile
"Excuse me?" Nash scoffed as Vega took a step that seemed to be meant as something of a threat.

But Nashira Nettlebed wasn't afraid of her sister. Taunting Vega about some boy she got all sensitive about would never be as terrifying as when she'd tried to talk to her about dad.

"You're the one who started spreading rumours about him and me. You take it back."
i'll be downtown

see you around

* Vega Nettlebed

(08/27/2018 at 23:34)
  • Potioneer
  • C12D10T13S8
    • View Profile
"There's nothing to take back, because I didn't start anything!"

Spite sparked, "And even if I did start it, which I didn't, it's not like you could do much better than Avery Elliot, anyway. You're both so obnoxious, you're practically made for each other."

* Nashira Nettlebed

(08/28/2018 at 01:17)
  • Lawyer-in-training
  • C8D8T7S8
    • View Profile
"Ugh!" The annoyed sound came out more high pitch and frazzled than the cool and collected annoyance she'd been aiming for. This only sent more tension to tighten up her shoulders.

"Odi told me you started it, Vega."

But that wasn't the most important record Nashira needed to set straight.

"And I could so do better! You're just jealous that you can't, so you're trying to lump all your problems on me!"
i'll be downtown

see you around

* Vega Nettlebed

(08/28/2018 at 23:24)
  • Potioneer
  • C12D10T13S8
    • View Profile
"...Oh."

She was going to kill Aphrodite Foxe.

...But she was going to kill Nashira Nettlebed first.

"Avery's not my problem! The only problem I have is you!" And, digging into her bucket, Vega threw a handful of algae, dripping wet, at her sister's face.

* Nashira Nettlebed

(08/29/2018 at 17:35)
  • Lawyer-in-training
  • C8D8T7S8
    • View Profile
"Avery's not my problem! The only problem I have is you!"

Nashira was about to kindly point out that she knew for a fact that Vega must have other problems, otherwise how could everyone  have noticed how her face seemed frozen in a perpetual frown?

Unfortunately, as her mouth opened to say as much, a goopy and yucky handful of river gunk landed on her face.

"OH MY GOD, VEGA! GROSS!" She shrieked, wiping off a thick layer of the disgusting algae off with the back of her hand. Nash was used to being doused in smelly substances, but gobstones juice didn't usually have such an unpleasant texture.

"Reeeeal mature way to solve your problems! Are you five?"
« Last Edit: 08/29/2018 at 17:39 by Nashira Nettlebed »
i'll be downtown

see you around

* Vega Nettlebed

(08/31/2018 at 10:09)
  • Potioneer
  • C12D10T13S8
    • View Profile
She suddenly felt a lot better.

Vega Nettlebed did something she didn't usually do. She giggled.

With triumph in her gaze, she beamed at her sister. "God, even Avery's not going to want you now. Or Primbleton, or Climbrock, or whichever other horrendously ugly boy you've got your eye on."

* Nashira Nettlebed

(08/31/2018 at 17:37)
  • Lawyer-in-training
  • C8D8T7S8
    • View Profile
Vega's giggle confirmed that she was, indeed, five, and that Nashira was, indeed, the most mature out of the two of them.

"I don't have my eye on Avery and especially not on Pimpleton of Climbrock. They like me." Or at least, as far as she knew, Primbleton had liked her for at least a few weeks, although he seemed to do that for most girls.

Wiping another clump of emerald from the curve of her nose (and giving it a sniff, just in case, but the algae emanated a disappointingly pleasant smell), she kept this one in her hand and, because this was the point to which her older sister was lowering her, she flung the littler handful right back from whence it had come - toward the smug face of Vega Nettlebed.
i'll be downtown

see you around

* Vega Nettlebed

(09/01/2018 at 12:05)
  • Potioneer
  • C12D10T13S8
    • View Profile
She should really have seen it coming.

The algae that had, just a moment before, been sliding down her sister's cheek was now sliding down hers.

"NASH!" She was less disgusted by the algae -- after all, she'd been dunking her hands in it all morning -- than she was offended about the fact that Nashira had been the one to throw it.

"Just...ugh! Go away, or I'll--" She hesitated. Then, "--I'll tell Maia you have a secret boyfriend!"
« Last Edit: 09/01/2018 at 12:05 by Vega Nettlebed »

* Nashira Nettlebed

(09/01/2018 at 19:41)
  • Lawyer-in-training
  • C8D8T7S8
    • View Profile
So Vega was the sort of hypocrite who could dish it, but not take it. Somehow, this reaction angered Nashira even more. But the threat of dragging Maia into this was not one she would trifle with, so she began to begrudgingly back away while wiping away more green muck from her face.

(She only seemed to be spreading it more, really.)

"See, I told you you're just a smelly old liar! I bet Maia knows it too. She wouldn't believe you."

Her backwards steps, however, betrayed the fact that Nashira had little faith in her own words.
i'll be downtown

see you around

* Vega Nettlebed

(09/04/2018 at 15:02)
  • Potioneer
  • C12D10T13S8
    • View Profile
"Wouldn't she?"

Fuelled by Nashira's retreat, Vega grinned. It wasn't much of a victory -- neither of them had come out of this well, and she was still going to murder Aphrodite the next time she saw her brat of a cousin -- but she'd take what she could get.

"You've got five seconds to get out of here, or I'll tell her all about how I caught you behind the Quidditch shed with Patrick Primbleton."

Tags: