As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: Duel 1: Clarington-DuPont vs. Hir vs. Wilding  (Read 592 times)

Jeremiah Smallweed

(08/19/2018 at 17:04)
  • Owner of The Snake Pit
  • C1D1T1S2
    • View Profile
10:00am
saturday 21 august 1954

The duelling block had been extremely well disguised. Covered in mossy green turf, it blended almost perfectly with the rest of the rainforest. Several trees sprouted up from the block, stretching up towards the sky. From their branches hung masses of thick vines, drooping low enough to touch the ground in some places and dangling at inconvenient heights in others.

A river stretched across the middle of the block, fairly wide with fast-flowing waters that ran deeper than they looked. Several boulders protruded at various points across the stream, providing crossing points for those duellists who wouldn't want to risk taking a dip.

"Alright." Jeremiah glanced from Fliss to Ollie to True, his gaze lingering just a little longer on the final of the three. Part of him wished that he'd been given the other duel to referee, because watching Jones, Alricsson, and Locke pick each apart seemed infinitely preferable to watching these three try to do the same. He was especially concerned for Ollie, whom he knew was even less capable of casting a spell than he was. Still, he'd gone and almost won the tournament once. Maybe she'd surprise him by doing the same.

"You ain't allowed to kill each other, and, uh... Oh, yeah. You can only disarm someone once. Got it?" He didn't wait for a response. "Good luck, everyone." He stepped from near the centre of the block to the side, out of harm's way. "Get set... And duel!"

Only one successful disarming spell or action allowed per duelist.

Jeremiah Smallweed is the referee for this duel. All questions and concerns go to them.

Please note that you must post in at least 5 rounds in order to claim your bonus point for the tournament next term. Your bonus point must go to the character you are duelling with at Camp Loki.

Round 1 of 7:

Olette Clarington-Dupont - 85%

vs.

Virtue Hir - 50%

vs.

Felicity Wilding - 80%
« Last Edit: 08/19/2018 at 17:08 by Jeremiah Smallweed »
darling, don’t you see?
while this has been hard enough on you
it’s been hard enough on me

Virtue Hir

(08/20/2018 at 14:49)
  • Sixth Year
  • C10D7T7S7
    • View Profile
Virtue was pretty sure she had this duel in the bag.

For one, she was up against Olette, whom, though she was starting to quite like, didn’t seem like much of a threat, and Felicity, who, like Virtue, was a pretty girl, but who lacked (she thought) a sort of bite.  Virtue, of course, considered herself to be both a threat and to be possessed of a certain bite.  It had her feeling quite confident--more confident, even, than usual, which was quite confident indeed.

This was supplemented by the truth that, two, Jeremiah Joseph Smallweed would be her referee for the day’s duel, and Virtue was not above batting her eyelashes or making eyes at him if it meant a call in her favor.

And so it was with confidence that the girl stood, her fingers idly twirling her wand between red-varnished nails.  Minimalistically-hewn, the wand didn’t behave well in this way, but she had grown used to the off balance of it over the years.  It felt better than she thought, being reunited with it, with the only-barely-sanded feel of maple bark beneath her fingers.  When she had it, she hardly ever missed it--it was no secret that Virtue Hir was not a fantastic student of magic--but now it felt as if she had been forgetting something she was only just remembering.

Drawing her French braid over one shoulder, she waited on the block, her perturbation that this was going to be taking place in the wretched jungle (the reason for her braid and for the curly frizz that stuck out on all sides of it, especially at her temples) taking a back seat to the sense of excitement in her chest.  Pushing past one of the low-looping vines, she collected herself closer to the other duelists and closer still to Jere, whose longer look she didn’t miss and did return.

“Good luck, girls,” she said to the other two and smiled, white teeth revealed behind red lips.  Adjusting her grasp on her wand, she readied herself with the rest, and, when given the word, didn’t so much spring into action as slink into it, sinking into a particularly dense swath of vines.  First, she leveled her gaze and her wand at Olette, her mouth open as if to call out a spell, but at the last moment, she did nothing more than wink conspiratorially at the younger girl, hoping that she’d catch her meaning and that her mascara in this humidity didn’t leave a streak of black on her cheek.

Instead, Virtue rounded on Felicity, jabbing her wand in the older girl’s direction and calling out her attempt at “Ictus!”
i fell in love 'cause no one saw me the way you did
and no one's seen me that way since
but for a short time that's how i lived

* Olette Carroll

(08/20/2018 at 16:43)
  • Squib
    • View Profile
Olette was really starting to regret signing up for duels now. She had figured some of the younger kids would sign up. But no, they’d put her against two older girls. True wasn’t much older than her, but the other girl… Ollie didn’t stand a chance.

Ollie looked between the two girls, then gave a worried look to Jere, as if she was hoping he’d let her leave. She had signed up, though she was thinking it had been a bad idea. She wanted to get more involved, and she couldn’t play quidditch. She should have just done the infirmary again.

The duels last summer hadn’t been so bad, so she figured there wasn’t any harm in it. She had no idea what to do. If she tried to hurt one of them, she’d be toast. So instead, Ollie attempted to hide behind a tree, hoping to be able to get out of the way of any attacks headed her way, and better come up with what to do next [act twice, +1 agility].

Jeremiah Smallweed

(08/20/2018 at 18:06)
  • Owner of The Snake Pit
  • C1D1T1S2
    • View Profile
Round 1 Results:

A1. Virtue attempts to cast Ictus at Felicity. Success! 5% damage.

A2. Olette attempts to hide behind a tree. Success!

Round 2 of 7:

Olette Clarington-Dupont - 85%, +1 agility, may act twice

vs.

Virtue Hir - 50%

vs.

Felicity Wilding - 75%, -3 resistance
juliet, the dice was loaded from the start
and I bet, and you exploded into my heart
I can’t do everythin' but I’d do anythin’ for you
I can’t do anythin’ ’cept be in love with you

Virtue Hir

(08/21/2018 at 16:21)
  • Sixth Year
  • C10D7T7S7
    • View Profile
She would have liked to see if her spell hit.

She didn’t.

Only a moment after she had closed her mouth, the incantation for a fresh welt still shaped on her lips, the vines she had darted in to took their revenge.

In retrospect, she should have perhaps known that something like this was coming, should have known better than for things to go smoothly for a girl like herself in a place like this.  Nature was more of Nessa’s thing than it ever was Virtue’s, and while her friend could have probably swung up the vines like some kind of powerful rain forest goddess, the Hir girl was not so lucky.  The sheer act of trying to move in them found her tangled up in the rope-like hanging.  They took her shoulder first, and Virtue flinched away from the feeling of them (a little wet, a little heavy) against her skin, which only made them swallow her further.  Though she tried not to make a sound, she couldn’t suppress a shriek as she struggled, largely without success.  It was an accident, in the end, that she finally tumbled out on the other side of them, catching herself without the amount of grace she usually conducted herself with.

She hoped Jere hadn’t seen, and with his wandering eyes and Felicity somewhere on the block (and perhaps hurt by Virtue’s last spell), she thought she had a fifty-fifty chance that he missed it.

Tugging a leafy tendril out of the back of her braid, she adjusted her grip on her wand and surveyed the field.  Olette had, so far as she could tell, vanished; it wouldn’t surprise the Hir girl if Ollie was, like Nessa was, skilled at climbing trees or swimming rivers or whatever else.  Just visible on the other side of the green, however, was a flash of blonde hair that was Felicity Wilding.

“Come on, girls,” Virtue said, almost tutted.  “It’s no fun unless we all play.”

Her fingers tightening on her wand, she tried to aim at Felicity's sun-tanned skin, this time speaking an attempt at “Commutati calidus vaporus.”  It was already so dreadfully hot, she was not even sure that it would make much of a difference.
i would sleep better on your floor than i would ever in my bed,
and if your carpet makes my face it, it would still be heaven in my head.

* Olette Carroll

(08/21/2018 at 18:03)
  • Squib
    • View Profile
Olette gasped as True’s Ictis hit the other girl. She was sure the other girl would retaliate, and Olette didn’t want to risk being caught in the crossfire. She needed an escape, to get out.

She suddenly noticed that True was wrapped up in vines. She started to run over, but nearly as quickly, she’d managed to find a way out. “Are you okay?” Olette asked frettedly. She looked on the ground at the vines. Even they were after her?

“Come on, girls, it’s no fun unless we all play.”

Olette frowned. She didn’t want to attack True, and was scared of the other girl. The other girl was older, and sure to be skilled at magic. She looked at True, then at the other girl. If she could take away the other girl’s magic, then she wouldn’t be as much of a threat. With a dash towards the girl [Felicity], Ollie attempted to grab her wand out of her hand [disarm].

Whether or not she succeeded, she was sure the older girl would be mad. She had to get away, now. She looked up at a tree closeby. Grabbing onto a nearby branch, Ollie attempted to climb the tree, hoping to get away from any revenge the girl might be seeking [dodge].

Everybody loves a winner
So nobody loved me

Jeremiah Smallweed

(08/21/2018 at 23:17)
  • Owner of The Snake Pit
  • C1D1T1S2
    • View Profile
Round 2 Results:

A1. Virtue attempts to cast Commutati calidus vaporus at Felicity. Success! Burn, baby, burn. 14% damage.

A2. Olette attempts to disarm Felicity. Success! You got yourself a wand, now you just gotta figure out how to use it.

A3. Olette attempts to dodge. Success!

Round 3 of 7:

Olette Clarington-Dupont - 85%, armed with Felicity's wand, dodge lasts for one attack or one round (whichever comes first)

vs.

Virtue Hir - 50%

vs.

Felicity Wilding - 61%, -3 resistance, disarmed
« Last Edit: 08/23/2018 at 22:44 by Calypso Ross »
juliet, the dice was loaded from the start
and I bet, and you exploded into my heart
I can’t do everythin' but I’d do anythin’ for you
I can’t do anythin’ ’cept be in love with you

* Felicity Wilding

(08/22/2018 at 18:01)
  • Gryffindor '56
  • C9D5T5S5
  • ['49-'50] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
When she was younger duelling had seemed so exciting. The thrill of competition, not quite as strong as when she was on the Quidditch pitch, was still very much present. Duelling was a challenge and she loved challenges. It had been fun that first year even though she hadn't made it very far in the tournament.

The main problem now was that Felicity hadn't turned into a very talented witch and that didn't make her a great duellist. She worked hard, most of the time anyway, it just didn't always work. Sometimes all the effort in the world didn't translate into skill. So it had been years since she had duelled in any formal arena. Even if Summer duelling wasn't really important.

The setting was pretty, even more covered by growth than when her and Orion had visited early in the Summer. Felicity was still examining the surrounding area when Jere began speaking and she attempted to focus, twirling her Aspen wand between her fingers. And then the duel began and before she had the chance to barely lift her wand she felt a spell hit and her skin started burning in spots all over her body.

Note to self: tell Orion she needed to work on reaction time more than actual stances. If she didn't have time to get in position what was the good in knowing the best stance?

It all escalated from there. Felicity was apparently everyone's target in this duel. Which didn't bother her all that much. Until she felt the piece of wood in her hand slip out of her grasp. A piece of wood that belonged to her.

"Hey! Get back here you little rat!"

She might feel bad later but someone else holding her wand sent her temper flaring. Watching as the girl climbed a tree, Felicity decided against trying to follow her up. If her tree-climbing expedition earlier in the Summer taught her anything it was that she wasn't as good as that as she used to be either.

Instead, Felicity picked up a stick near the base of the tree and tried throwing it at the girl's hand that was holding her wand, hoping she could knock it out of her hand without actually hurting Olette [disarm].

G
Daring, Determination, Drive

Virtue Hir

(08/22/2018 at 18:45)
  • Sixth Year
  • C10D7T7S7
    • View Profile
It did, as it turned out, make a difference.  She could almost see the air shimmer with surplus heat around Felicity.  A smile, red lipped, twitched across her face.

That had been all that made made a difference, it seemed like; her words appeared to have gone unheard and definitely unanswered.  Olette did, at least, come out of wherever it was she was hiding and made a grab for Felicity’s wand, scurrying up a tree like a squirrel with an acorn when she got it.  True’s eyebrow quirked.  It wasn’t much, but it was action, and apparently it was what Virtue would have to settle for.

“There we go,” she said in a voice that was encouraging but also a little exasperated and hopefully loud enough to carry to whatever tree branch Ollie was hanging from.  “The trick is to actually use the wand, now that you’ve got it, just give it a w--”

Virtue stopped short, as if she suddenly remembered that it was Olette that she was talking to and that the girl somewhere in the trees above could give it a thousand and one waves and it would do exactly nothing.

Thankfully, the Hir girl was saved the embarrassment of having to wiggle out of that one by the sudden action of Felicity, which she hoped was distraction enough from her own faux pas.  Virtue twirled her own wand in her fingers, feeling a little smug that she was the only one of the three of them who was armed and able.  She took a few steps closer to Olette’s tree, careful to avoid the low-looping vines lest they catch her up again.

“She’s no rat,” she tutted to Felicity about Olette, and she thought against it because she was notoriously not a poor Conjurer or Summoner, but decided in the end that she couldn’t miss out on such a good (if cheap) opportunity for a play on words; her sensibility as a writer would simply not allow it.  Waving her wand at the ground in front of her, Virtue spoke an attempt at “Accio rat,” hoping to summon forth from the rainforest whatever sort of bizarre rat might be scurrying in the underbrush [summon a rat ally].

That,” she said, waving her free hand at the ground in front of her were a rat may or may not have been zooming into the same space; she didn’t wait to see if she had been successful or not. “Is a rat.”

Hopefully, at least.
i fell in love 'cause no one saw me the way you did
and no one's seen me that way since
but for a short time that's how i lived

* Olette Carroll

(08/22/2018 at 21:13)
  • Squib
    • View Profile
Once Olette was safely in the tree, she looked down at the piece of wood in her hands. How did it work? Why were some people able to use it, and others weren’t? She knew even with each wand itself, it wouldn’t work well for other witches and wizards. What made it do that? Were wands semi-sentient? Did they know who did and didn’t possess magic? And who their ‘owner’ was?

“There we go. The trick is to actually use the wand, now that you’ve got it, just give it a w--”

“Hey! Get back here you little rat!”

Ollie’s eyes widened as the older girl was throwing things at her.

“She’s no rat.”

Ollie looked down at True, now sticking up for her. Probably because she’d managed to disarm True’s opponent. But that wouldn’t stop the older girl’s attacks, she was sure. Olette attempted to climb higher up the tree, hoping she’d be more likely to get out of the way of attacks and with a higher view, hopefully be able to get a jump on the others. [+1 agility, +1 velocity].

She heard True try to summon a rat. Did rats even live in the rainforest? She didn’t think they did. Not too many of her books took place in rainforests though.
I've been thinking too much

help me

Jeremiah Smallweed

(08/22/2018 at 22:32)
  • Owner of The Snake Pit
  • C1D1T1S2
    • View Profile
Jeremiah Smallweed glanced at the crocodile and then at Virtue Hir.

"That's the weirdest-lookin' rat I ever seen in my life."

Round 3 Results:

A1. Felicity attempts to disarm Olette, but Olette dodges!

A2. Virtue attempts to summon a rat, but her wand fizzles. Failure.
(Ref note: as per the summoning rules, you may only attempt to summon non-intelligent objects/things.)

A3. Olette attempts to climb further up the tree, but she misjudges. Failure.

A4. Saltwater Crocodile emerges from the river and lunges at Virtue. Success! 6% damage.

Round 4 of 7:

Olette Clarington-Dupont - 85%, armed with Felicity's wand

vs.

Virtue Hir - 44%

vs.

Felicity Wilding - 61%, disarmed

vs.

Saltwater Crocodile - 50%
« Last Edit: 08/23/2018 at 22:44 by Jeremiah Smallweed »
I promise tonight not to do no harm
I promise you, babe , I won't do you no harm
and we’re caught up in the crossfire
of heaven and hell

* Felicity Wilding

(08/23/2018 at 15:50)
  • Gryffindor '56
  • C9D5T5S5
    • View Profile
Felicity couldn't help but wonder if Jeremiah was getting a kick out of this duel. He'd said he didn't hate her but maybe watching her be the target of this duel was giving him some sort of satisfaction. Especially since it was Virtue that was dealing her the most amount of damage. Felicity had noticed them spending a lot of time together at the picnic a couple weeks ago.

She wouldn't have blamed him. Betrayal made people think and act in ways that they might not normally. It of course hadn't been her intention to betray him but she completely understood that he would feel that way. They had made some progress in their friendship earlier in the Summer, unless that was just in Felicity's head. Time would tell.

“She’s no rat,”

Felicity rolled her eyes. "Of course not, but I can't be responsible for what I say when someone steals my wand. How would you feel if someone stole yours?"

She huffed, thinking about what to do. Even if she wasn't a great witch, she felt even more vulnerable without a wand. And to have it stolen by someone who couldn't do any magic felt a bit humiliating. Would the girl even be able to use a wand?

As she was thinking, a crocodile appeared suddenly from the river. What the hell? Now she really wanted a wand. Felicity glared up into the tree Olette occupied and then down at the ground. This time she found a slightly larger stick. It still wasn't too big and she hoped if it hit it wouldn't hurt the younger girl too much. Felicity just wanted her wand.

Stepping back, she looked with one eye closed up into the tree, trying to get proper aim. Felicity drew her arm back and attempted to throw the rock at Olette's arm, hoping she'd finally release Felicity's wand [disarm].

G

Virtue Hir

(08/23/2018 at 19:39)
  • Sixth Year
  • C10D7T7S7
    • View Profile
Olette wasn’t the only one on the block who wasn’t a rat.

Virtue starred first at Jere and then at the crocodile lumbering out of the river.  She was pretty sure she hadn’t summoned it--or conjured it, whichever; she always got the two confused because she thought the subject was a bit too self-serious--but she might as well have, as it seemed to be lumbering in her direction.  Surely it was just a trick, a clever flick of the wand by Felicity that she hadn’t noticed, or some kind of illusion of the block.  Virtue wrote it off; she didn’t know or care much about animals, rat or reptile or otherwise.  Looking one last time to Jeremiah with an expression as if to say this could happen to anyone, of course, she turned her attention back to the girls on the block.

This was a mistake.

A terrible shriek cut through the air as a set of spiked teeth closed on her ankle.  It wasn’t attractive, or graceful, or intriguing, or any of the things that Virtue Hir worked very hard to be.  It was very loud, and not as high pitched as the girls in the movies always shrieked, and it cut across the dense rainforest like a knife.  She wore it poorly, too, her arms bending awkwardly to her sides as if to move away from the beast, her face contorting with the sound.  The leg the creature had clamped onto kicked out, wildly and harder than she knew she could muster, and whatever it hit was enough make it recoil.  Like a cat, the girl sprang away, putting as much distance as she could between herself and that crocodile and hoping that whatever damage it had done wouldn’t scar.  An ankle was a terrible place for such a thing.  No one would ever even see it.

That was the last time she’d try to summon anything on the dueling block, just in case.

Felicity was talking, still looking up the tree after Olette, and True, minus her earlier grin (her ankle really hurt, and her stupid pun had ended up even more stupid by accident), was close enough now to hear her.

“See, the thing is that I still have my wand,” she spoke back, giving it a swish through the air to add emphasis.  “So I really just can’t relate.”

(The answer was that she’d do much more than call someone a rat and would only settle for much more colorful words, but Felicity didn’t need to know this.)

“But, here, let me give you a hand.”

Leveling her wand at Felicity again, Virtue spoke an attempt at “Levicorpus!”

If it worked, that should at least get Felicity closer to Olette.  No one could ever say Virtue wasn’t helpful.
i would sleep better on your floor than i would ever in my bed,
and if your carpet makes my face it, it would still be heaven in my head.

Jeremiah Smallweed

(08/23/2018 at 22:43)
  • Owner of The Snake Pit
  • C1D1T1S2
    • View Profile
Round 4 Results:

A1. Felicity attempts to disarm Olette. Success! The wand slips from her grasp and onto the ground below.

A2. Virtue attempts to cast Levicorpus at Felicity. Success! Up, up, and away! 3% damage.

A3. Saltwater Crocodile thrashes about, clearly annoyed about losing its dinner. It accidentally smacks itself with its own tail. Ouch! 2% damage.

Round 5 of 7:

Olette Clarington-Dupont - 85%

vs.

Virtue Hir - 44%

vs.

Felicity Wilding - 58%, disarmed, -4 ability for 2 rounds, -1 agility for 2 rounds, floating in the air for two rounds or until a successful Liberacorpus is cast, unable to use physical actions to recover objects from the ground.

vs.

Saltwater Crocodile - 48%
darling, don’t you see?
while this has been hard enough on you
it’s been hard enough on me

Virtue Hir

(08/24/2018 at 17:56)
  • Sixth Year
  • C10D7T7S7
    • View Profile
If she were to be honest, she hadn’t believed that would work.  Virtue was, after all, much more concerned with her own independent study of her world and the heavily flawed individuals that inhabited it than any traditional magic schooling.  Though Charms were her forte, they were only just her forte.  Still, a smile, smug and mostly white teeth and pretty, formed on her lips as up, up, up Felicity went.

It fell slightly as down, down, down went Felicity’s wand.

This had not at all been what the girl meant to happen.  Though Virtue didn’t much care for the fairness of a fight, she certainly cared for how fun it was, and with two unarmed opponents, she was certain things would be terribly boring terribly quick.  Already perturbed by being out in the rainforest for an extended period of her time (the haloed frizz around her braid had, as if in proportion, grown quite large by this time), the last thing she wanted was a boring fight.

“Sorry about that,” she half-shouted up at the other girl, buying herself a bit of time.

The alligator--crocodile, whatever--thrashed in her periphery, and, her ankle still throbbing where its teeth had left neat marks on her porcelain skin, she took a few side-steps further away as she considered her options.  Simply tossing her wand back to Felicity wouldn’t do; neither would floating it back up.  This was, after all, a Dueling block, not a Happy Friends Time block, and she would conduct herself accordingly.  Still, Virtue thought it was cruel to leave her hanging there and, perhaps more importantly, would leave Virtue herself with nothing exciting to do for a while, for attacking Olette would be no different than attacking the crocodile.  She wasn’t above either, really, but it seemed a little low for her to sink.

“You had better get to it before Olette does,” she warned the older girl, speaking of her wand but raising her own as she did.  Aiming at Felicity where she dangled in the air, Virtue spoke an attempt at “Impedimenta!”

With any luck at all (for Felicity, at least), some slowness would cushion her fall if Virtue’s spell hit.  With any luck at all (for Virtue, now), she’d be able to rearm and breathe some life into this sticky-aired duel.

Or they could get another alligator.

Crocodile.

Whatever.
i wanna confess it in a whisper that's just loud enough to make out.
i want you to listen from the kitchen to me confessing on the couch.

* Olette Carroll

(08/24/2018 at 18:18)
  • Squib
    • View Profile
“Accio rat!”

There was no rat, but Olette thought she saw something moving in the river. She leaned forward to get a better look. What was that? Suddenly it came out of the water.

“Crocodile!” she shouted, but it was too late. A scream came from True as Ollie noticed her ankle turning red. “TRUE!” Ollie screamed, louder.

She felt something hit her hand. “Ouch!” she said, though it surprised her more than hurt, and she let go of the wand. Then suddenly, the older girl was flying up towards her. Ollie’s eyes went wide. She had thought she was safe from her in the tree, but apparently not.

She wanted to climb down, but down there was a crocodile. And she was much more frightened of that. Instead, Olette pulled a branch off the tree and attempted to throw it at the crocodile, hoping to hurt it some, and maybe distract it a bit. [½ damage, act twice].
Everybody loves a winner
So nobody loved me

* Felicity Wilding

(08/24/2018 at 21:30)
  • Gryffindor '56
  • C9D5T5S5
    • View Profile
Finally.

Felicity watched with satisfaction as, this time, her aim was true enough that the younger girl wasn't able to dodge the stick. Her eyes followed the path of her wand as it fell down through the large leaves and branches. Once the wand was laying below the tree, Felicity started on her way over to pick it up.

That was when she felt a tug and the world was flipped completely around. She saw the green coverage of the duelling block below her head and, placing her chin against her chest, saw the sky beyond her feet. Well, this was different. She had never been flung into the air before. Her long hair, which she'd worn down, was hanging straight toward the ground. The closest part of her to the rainforest floor. She'd never be able to touch the ground. Felicity was stuck.

She sighed and peered around at the parts of the block she could see. Hopefully their new opponent, the crocodile, wouldn't choose to go after her while she hung, nearly defenceless, in the air. Or maybe it wasn't long enough to reach her, even if it tried.

Instead of focusing on what could happen, Felicity located her wand on the ground again and tried focusing on how good it would feel once she was able to hold it again [+ health].
« Last Edit: 08/24/2018 at 21:33 by Felicity Wilding »

G

Jeremiah Smallweed

(08/24/2018 at 22:19)
  • Owner of The Snake Pit
  • C1D1T1S2
    • View Profile
If he was staring at Felicity Wilding as she dangled upside down in midair, it was definitely not for any other reason than the fact that it was mildly interesting to see someone stuck the wrong way up.

"Least if you're up there, the crocodile can't get ya," he pointed out, dragging his gaze from her legs to flash her a grin.

Round 5 Results:

A1. Virtue attempts to cast Impedimenta at Felicity. Success! 4% damage.

A2. Olette attempts to throw a tree branch at Saltwater Crocodile. Success! You show that croc who's boss. 3% damage.

A3. Felicity tries to find some chill. Success! She's feelin' pretty zen. +6% health.

A4. Saltwater Crocodile snaps at the tree branch Olette threw and breaks a tooth. That's not fun. 1% damage.

Round 6 of 7:

Olette Clarington-Dupont - 85%, may act twice

vs.

Virtue Hir - 44%, may act twice

vs.

Felicity Wilding - 60%, disarmed, -4 ability for 1 round, -1 agility for 1 round, floating in the air for 1 round or until a successful Liberacorpus is cast, unable to use physical actions to recover objects from the ground, -2 velocity

vs.

Saltwater Crocodile - 44%
of heaven and hell

* Felicity Wilding

(08/25/2018 at 21:06)
  • Gryffindor '56
  • C9D5T5S5
    • View Profile
"Least if you're up there, the crocodile can't get ya,"

Something about the way he grinned at her had Felicity thinking about what exactly she was wearing and how that might look hanging upside down. She hadn't thought about that when she'd been flung into the air. Her face heated slightly and it wasn't because of the heat of the rainforest.

Her focus shifted back to the duel when she felt another spell hit her. A frustrated groan pushed past her lips as she felt any movements she tried to make turn very sluggish. "Really? I'm all ready stuck in the air. What could I possibly do from up here?"

Maybe if she'd been able to grab her wand before Virtue had cast this spell on her she'd actually be some sort of a threat. But she didn't have a wand and, sure, she could probably try throwing one of her shoes or something but that felt like such a feeble action. Her chances of winning were very slim, she wasn't desperate enough to start tossing her footwear around.

So she once again looked at her wand and imagined wrapping her fingers around it again and how good it would feel to have it back where it belonged [+ health].

G

Jeremiah Smallweed

(08/25/2018 at 22:35)
  • Owner of The Snake Pit
  • C1D1T1S2
    • View Profile
Round 6 Results:

A1. Felicity daydreams about her wand in the hope that it might make her feel better. Success! +1% health.

A2. Saltwater Crocodile tries to enact its revenge on Olette, and slashes its tail at her, but she's too quick for him. Failure!

A3. Felicity falls to the ground. Ouch! 4% damage.

Round 7 of 7:

Olette Clarington-Dupont - 85%, one round missed, two until forfeit

vs.

Virtue Hir - 44%, one round missed, two until forfeit

vs.

Felicity Wilding - 57%, disarmed

vs.

Saltwater Crocodile - 44%
of heaven and hell