As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: social casualty || joey  (Read 190 times)

Jeremiah Smallweed

(08/19/2018 at 14:02)
  • Bartender & Security at The Snake Pit
  • C1D1T1S2
    • View Profile
an hour after breakfast
wednesday 4 august 1954
inside werribee park mansion

She was coming down the stairs when he stepped through the front double doors. Poor timing on both their parts, he thought.

He'd thought Zoey Jones was alright, up until two days ago. Sure, she talked a lot, and sure, she was foreign and loud, but she'd seemed pleasant enough, and they'd had more than a couple of decent conversations over the past few weeks. Now, though, Jeremiah was pretty sure that that had changed. She hadn't seemed all too pleased with him at the party, though he was still uncertain as to how he'd managed to offend her so thoroughly.

He hadn't implied that she was a slug, after all.

He decided that it was probably best to pretend as though nothing had changed, and offered her a smile. "You ain't seen Newt, er, Newton Mariner up there, have ya?"
« Last Edit: 08/19/2018 at 14:23 by Jeremiah Smallweed »
'cause my baby, she's a real peach
even when the night come crashin' down
real peach, and the nighttime rolls away, alright
and we're comin' back to the demon-killin' work of love

Zoey Jones

(08/19/2018 at 15:03)
  • Auror-In-Training
    • View Profile
She was in her teams cabin- or rather- mansion, but the actual definition of the place wasn’t that important, because she wouldn’t mind camping out on the beach, and found it unfair that some people had to camp- not that she’d mind doing that- whilst she was in a mansion.

Then she saw him. Great, just great, what was he even doing in her team cabin? She had her swimsuit on, and her shorts, beach bag, and sandals- as if it wasn’t already obvious where she’d be headed to.

She was appreciating the wonderful taste of a mango lollypop, as she headed down the stairs, her bag on her shoulder, when she heard him yell. He was meant to be a nice guy, someone who would be her friend, but he’d called her first friend in England a slug, and then named Zoey to look like a kangaroo.

“Don’t know him, don’t particularly care about what you want, still waiting on that apology.”

He had, after all, said that she looked like a kangaroo.
« Last Edit: 08/21/2018 at 13:31 by Zoey Jones »

Jeremiah Smallweed

(08/23/2018 at 14:33)
  • C1D1T1S2
    • View Profile
So much for pretending like the picnic hadn't happened. She seemed determined to hold onto it, even if he was willing to look past whatever had gotten into her that day.

Girls.

"What apology?"

If he should have been apologising to anybody, it was probably Aiden Duncan, for implying that his girlfriend was a slug; or, alternatively, Mia Green, for implying she was a slug. He wasn't really sorry for that, though, and an apology that was a lie didn't really seem worth it.

"You're the one who went off on me for somethin' that weren't none of your business."
juliet, the dice was loaded from the start
and I bet, and you exploded into my heart
I can't do everythin' but I'd do anythin' for you
I can't do anythin' except be in love with you

Zoey Jones

(08/28/2018 at 00:13)
  • Auror-In-Training
    • View Profile
He was denying it. Denying that he'd ever done anything to her, which he most definitely had done. Not only had he called one of her favourite British people a slug, and then her a kangaroo, but he apparently could not appreciate the fact that she just wanted a simple apology and then it'd be over.

It was not that difficult.

Zoey stared at Jeremiah Smallweed with an expectant look, before biting down into her mango ice lolly. It made a good loud noise, as she didn't feel anything in her front two teeth- curtesy of a fall she'd taken years ago.

"None of my business?" She asked incredulously, "I'm pretty sure being called a kangaroo is my business, or did you forget that fact? Now move, I'm going for a swim and you're in my way- unless you want to apologise."

She wasn't going for a swim, she was going to flirt with someone at the beach, she didn't know who- but Jeremiah didn't need to know that, he just needed to apologise.
« Last Edit: 08/28/2018 at 00:15 by Zoey Jones »

Jeremiah Smallweed

(08/28/2018 at 23:15)
  • C1D1T1S2
    • View Profile
"Oh my god, that's what you're upset about?"

It had been a passing comment, more of a joke than anything else. He hadn't meant anything by it -- as opposed to when he'd compared Mia to a slug, which he had meant, and would stand by.

"It was a joke, Zoey, Jesus."

Girls, he thought again. Always so damn sensitive.

"'Sides," a grin flashed at her, "kangaroos are kinda cute, y'know?"
« Last Edit: 09/01/2018 at 11:45 by Jeremiah Smallweed »
I don't want this night to end
it's closin' time, so leave with me again
you got all my love to spend
let's find a place where happiness begins

Zoey Jones

(08/29/2018 at 21:21)
  • Auror-In-Training
    • View Profile
"Yes. That's what I'm upset about."

It was an instant response to his question.

"I dont know about British girls, but Australian ones that look stunning don't like being described as Kangaroo-like. Even if it was a joke."

Then came the wink, and the brilliant grin.

"And I grew up near Kangaroos, they are not cute, but yes, if I was a kangaroo, I'd be adorable. But no, normal kangaroos aren't cute, at all. You are clearly delusional, Jeremiah Smallweed."

She'd unknowingly pronounced his name completely wrong, and was pretty sure that he was flirting with her. Well, it didn't mean anything, did it? She'd be going back to Australia anyway. Did he think she was cute?

Jeremiah Smallweed

(09/01/2018 at 11:52)
  • C1D1T1S2
    • View Profile
"Alright, fine. You ain't nothin' like a kangaroo. 'Cept the ears..." He grinned a little wider, "I'm jokin', I'm jokin'. I take it all back. You happy now?"

Probably not. And even if she was, he would undoubtedly end up accidentally saying something else and get himself back in her bad books before the day was over.

"And if we're gonna be offended 'bout stupid stuff," because apparently that was the game they were playing now, "--you're sayin' my name wrong. S'Jeremiah, not...whatever you just said."
'cause my baby, she's a real peach
even when the night come crashin' down
real peach, and the nighttime rolls away, alright
and we're comin' back to the demon-killin' work of love

Zoey Jones

(09/02/2018 at 01:19)
  • Auror-In-Training
    • View Profile
Throughout his “apology”, Zoey simply continued to eat the remaining half of her ice lolly- enjoying its flavour. However, by the end of it, a smile did grace her lips. “Of course I’m happy now, Jeremiah” pronouncing It wrong yet again. “It’s all I ever wanted.”

“First of all, it’s not stupid, second of all, I’m pronouncing it just ike that- Jeremiah, Jeremiah, Jeremiah.” She wasn’t. “And third of all, you’d better not argue back because with all this time spent Chatting, my ice lolly is about to melt, and you should buy me another.”’

She wasn’t as offended as she made out to be.

“And I truly was supposed to be meeting someone, actually, I can’t be bothered with that, so I have the time.”

The lolly was starting to drip onto the floor.

“Where in England are you even from?”

At some point soon, she was gonna steal his food.

Jeremiah Smallweed

(09/04/2018 at 14:09)
  • C1D1T1S2
    • View Profile
Trying to predict which way her emotions would turn next was practically impossible. He decided to roll with whatever she threw his way, because that would inevitably be easier than trying to anticipate Zoey Jones's next move.

She was still pronouncing his name wrong, but this was met with no more than the slightest frown. Either she was doing it on purpose -- which meant that there was little point in trying to change her mind -- or she was incapable of pronouncing it at all. Maybe it was the accent.

"Hackney," he answered, as he wondered which person she was about to leave hanging so that she could spend time with him instead. S'like, the crappy part of London."

He looked at her for a moment, and watched as orange dripped and splattered onto the floor. "C'mon, then, if you want that ice cream."

And he turned back the way he had come. Presumably, she would follow.

Newt, he supposed, could wait.

fin.
juliet, the dice was loaded from the start
and I bet, and you exploded into my heart
I can't do everythin' but I'd do anythin' for you
I can't do anythin' except be in love with you