As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: Player of the Week '54!  (Read 329 times)

* Clinton Litchfield

(08/15/2018 at 13:14)
  • Director of Camp Loki & Head of Hufflepuff
  • C6D28T7S6
  • ['46-'47] Journalist of the Term ['47-'48] Journalist of the Term [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Player of the Week!
Summer 1954

Every summer, the Mod Squad (i.e. your counsellors) convenes and nominates one new player (or a player that has returned from a long hiatus) each week to the honour of Player of the Week! These members have seriously impressed the summer counsellors, and we hope to see them around for many terms to come!
i've got sunshine on a cloudy day
when it's cold outside i've got the month of may
i've got so much honey the bees envy me
i've got a sweeter song than the birds in the trees

* Clinton Litchfield

(08/15/2018 at 13:18)
  • C6D28T7S6
  • ['46-'47] Journalist of the Term ['47-'48] Journalist of the Term [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Week 1: Kyan Drayce!
From the Mod Squad!

Kyan's Hoggies comeback has been truly exceptional! Already starting too many threads to count and posting in all the most happening threads, it's almost as if their hiatus never happened, what with how easily they've been jumping right back into everything. Kyan's character is already down pat, and I love all the little comments and how well-thought-out his personality and backstory already is. I'm excited to see more writing from them throughout this summer and the term beyond! --Mia Green

Kyan has jumped back into the site at full force! He's gotten himself signed up for things, and gotten a number of posts out already! I can't wait to read more from him! Welcome back, Kyan! --Julia Cole

This site has a habit of drawing in the most talented writers, and keeps them coming back for more. Kyan is a prime example of the latter, and although I wasn't there to enjoy his writer's work the first time around, I'm more than happy to stalk each of Kyan's threads now that they're back. --Marina Lamont

About Kyan!

What shall we call you? Do you have any favorite nicknames? Kirstie/Kit

How did you find HSNet? Google

What made you decide to join? The amazing writing and characters here. I've played around on a few other HP RPG's but nothing compares to this site, I have become so emotionally invested in not only the development of my own characters, but other peoples characters too, because of the way things are beautifully written on this site... I just love it here so much  ;D

Which book is your favorite in the series? Half Blood Prince

Who is your favorite character from the books? I love them all!! but if I had to choose it would probably be Snape <3<3

Who are you most excited to roleplay with, that you haven't yet? Everyone! There are so many great writers!

What is one thread that everyone should read this very instant? Why? This Because Summer Parties are always fun :D even old ones

What is one thing about Kyan that no one knows? His Dad (who Kyan thinks died when he was little) is a very naughty wizard, who serving a life sentence in Azkaban.

What is one thing about Kyan that everyone should know? Other than the above... He doesn't take anything in life too seriously. Hes a prankster and a bit of a jack-the-lad. He likes to think of himself as quite the charmer and his general vibe is charasmatic/confident/flirtatious.

What are you most excited about for when term begins? Everything! Classes, Quidditch, Plots... Eek! ;D

Any last words? Thank you to the counselors for picking me for this and thank you to everyone else for writing so many amazing posts for me to stalk each night after work lol ILY all <3<3<3
« Last Edit: 08/15/2018 at 13:20 by Clinton Litchfield »
i see a mansard roof through the trees
i see a salty message written in the eaves
the ground beneath my feet, the hot garbage and concrete
and now the tops of buildings, i can see them too

* Clinton Litchfield

(08/23/2018 at 23:25)
  • C6D28T7S6
    • View Profile
Week 2: Lot Pasternak!
From the Mod Squad!

Lot is new to this site but not new to online forums, and as I'm sure the rest of us can attest, it can be daunting coming into a site as uniquely structured as Hoggies. Still, this seems to have been no problem for Lot! He's already gotten cozy in the introductions forum, has posted a char!facts about his character (who, might I add, is a cutie), and has signed up for Quidditch. I can't wait to start reading what else his character gets up to! --Maia Nettlebed

I love seeing new players jump right into the thick of things and Lot definitely is not scared to get his feet wet! Browsing the forums, his name is starting to pop up everywhere in the Introductions, Char!Facts, and sign-ups. What an amazing first impression as he gears up to take on the summer. I am sure we'll see more of this guy soon enough and I am really looking forward to it! --Avery Elliot

I concur with previous comments about the way Lot has jumped into activity. Posting an introduction and getting rolling with charifacts and activity sign-ups are a strong start...and frankly I hope that in nominating him he'll get going on some threads now too! He had a great application and I'm looking forward to reading some of his writing. --Cecelia Bramston

About Lot!

coming soon, hopefully!
« Last Edit: 08/23/2018 at 23:25 by Clinton Litchfield »
i see a mansard roof through the trees
i see a salty message written in the eaves
the ground beneath my feet, the hot garbage and concrete
and now the tops of buildings, i can see them too

* Clinton Litchfield

(08/23/2018 at 23:28)
  • C6D28T7S6
    • View Profile
Week 3: Gabriel Klauser!
From the Mod Squad!

Gabriel has been around since the school term, and even then he's been popping up in elsewhere with threads and getting to know people in MC. In summer he's been all in, participating in events, posting open threads, and generally bouncing around the boards. I'm personally excited to learn more about his character and to follow him to the castle. --Goose Märchen

Gab makes puns!!! Aside from that awesome fact, Gabriel Klauser has been actively participating in the summer forums from jumping into the Kangaroo Under the Sea event to replying to open threads. A shy character can be especially hard to roleplay and Gab does it wonderfully. I look forward to more of Gabriel around the castle! --Calvin Sharppe

Gabriel joined our ranks before the summer term began, and I've seen him waiting eagerly on the sidelines, as a friendly face in chat (making fantastic puns, I should add!), for his moment to shine. Now that the moment has finally come, he's joined an open thread as well as opened one of his own, as well as joining the Team Kangaroo ball, taking tentative steps to join the fray. And Gabriel doesn't disappoint! With a unique and interesting character, his posts are well worth a read. --Marina Lamont

About Gabriel!

What shall we call you? Do you have any favorite nicknames?

You can call me Moogle, if you want? I really don't mind if you just call me Gabriel for now, though!

How did you find HSNet?

Google, honestly.

What made you decide to join?

Well, I'd checked out the site a few times before in the past, but decided to join this time. It seemed like it'd be a nice change of pace from some previous RP sites I've been on.

Which book is your favorite in the series?

Goblet of Fire, easily.

Who is your favorite character from the books?

Ernie Macmillan, I think. Obscure as he is...

Who are you most excited to roleplay with, that you haven't yet?

It's a long list but at the top...Theodore Ptolemy?

What is one thread that everyone should read this very instant? Why?

Ohhhh man, I don't really have any I can just toss out, unfortunately. I haven't really been keeping up to date on most other threads, due to business IRL. If I had to pick one, I think it'd be the Under the Sea Ball? Mostly because I'm a sucker for Underwater themes.

What is one thing about Gabriel that no one knows?

Oh boy, that's hard to say. Hmm...he's actually super friendly with people he already knows...or at least as friendly as Gabe can manage.

What is one thing about Gabriel that everyone should know?

Don't take it personally if he doesn't get your joke. He doesn't get anyone's jokes, really.

What are you most excited about for when term begins?

Really? Interacting with the other students at Hogwarts. Tons of interesting plotting that can be done there!

Any last words?

Thanks for picking me as a Player of the week! Even if I'm not totally sure what I did lol
i've got sunshine on a cloudy day
when it's cold outside i've got the month of may
i've got so much honey the bees envy me
i've got a sweeter song than the birds in the trees

* Clinton Litchfield

(08/30/2018 at 10:36)
  • C6D28T7S6
    • View Profile
Week 4: Lia Ayres!
From the Mod Squad!

By recreating a familiar character in a way that's unique to our universe,  Lia's approach shows a deep (and hopefully long-term!) interest in joining our community. She's really taking the time to learn the ins-and-outs of our site, and if her open threads and introduction posts are anything to go by, she's acclimating well! --Maia Nettlebed

Lia has been all over the place! She's been threading a lot, posting in intros, and she seems to have gotten the hang of things fairly quickly! I think she's been more involved than I have on the summer boards! I can't wait to see more of her at the castle, and hope to thread with her sometime! --Julia Cole

Along the same lines as many others, I really appreciate the thought that goes into re-using a character so you can funnel more energy into learning about the site and community. I hope this shows someone who is here to stay because Lia seems like a great addition! Hopefully, this version of Lia is the very best ... but I may be a bit biased. --Avery Elliot

About Lia!

What shall we call you? Do you have any favourite nicknames?
I typically go by Hil online, but Lia works great as well.

How did you find HSNet?
Top RP Sites

What made you decide to join?
I was looking for a new HP RPG, since the site I've played on for years is basically dead and I'm too addicted to this stuff to just quit. There was something about this one that caught my attention and kept me coming back to look around, so I figured I'd better just register.

Which book is your favourite in the series?
Half Blood Prince, with Prisoner of Azkaban as a close second.

Who is your favourite character from the books?
Hermione. The library is always the solution.

Who are you most excited to roleplay with, that you haven't yet?
It'll take me too long to put that list together, and I'd inevitably forget some characters and then I'd feel bad, so let's stick with every character I've encountered so far.

What is one thread that everyone should read this very instant? Why?
I've been rather enjoying this one and this one. They've both been fun threads to follow.

What is one thing about Lia that no one knows?
She's halfblood, but was raised without knowledge of magic, so she claims to be muggleborn when she can get away with it, figuring it's easier. As a result, she's not entirely sure who she's supposed to be, and is fairly easily influenced.

What is one thing about Lia that everyone should know?
She's awful at anything that requires physical ability or coordination. She sucks at sports, runs into things a lot, the whole nine yards. Thankfully, she's pretty small, so any damage is minimal.

What are you most excited about for when term begins?
More plots in the castle! And pretty much everything else.

Any last words?
Thanks to the counsellors for choosing me, and to everyone else who's helped me figure out my way around and/or plotted with me! I've never had such an easy time getting started on an RP site, so this has been really great.
coming to your house, knocking at your door
you're my first sip of wine. you cool me, cool me down
left your clothes next to the bed, some pretty pictures in my head
i hope you had a great summer, a great summer away

Tags: