Participate in our 20th birthday challenge!

Author Topic: Can we just be friends again? | Lelia Snaps  (Read 311 times)

* Julia Cole

(08/06/2018 at 03:48)
  • Magizoologist + Bartender
  • C20D10T20S15
    • View Profile
11 July. Shortly after breakfast.
Wombat cabins.

Julia hadn’t seen Lecia since she had arrived Friday morning. Friday was her fault, she’d gone camping. Then Saturday, nothing. And this morning, Lecia hadn’t been at breakfast still. Had she gotten sick? Had something happened? Juls felt like she would have been told if something had happened to one of the students in her cabin.

She made her way to the older girls room and knocked lightly. “Lecia? Are you in there?”
I'd rather break my heart
Than risk breaking yours

Lecia Dorset

(08/06/2018 at 04:05)
  • Gryffindor '56
  • C13D6T7S6
    • View Profile
 Her head felt like it was about to explode, she had a weird metallic taste in her mouth and her hair reeked of cigarette smoke. Jere was a saint, if it hadn't been for him she'd have been marooned in mainland all night. He truly was her best friend.

Someone was pounding on the door and her head bounced with each pound.  Lecia put her pillow on her head and willed whoever it was to go away. She wasn't ready to start the day yet, that meant facing Newt. She wasn't ready for that.

“Lecia? Are you in there?”

Ugh! That voice.

She could say nothing, maybe she'd go away. She sounded worried though...let her sound worried. Her only response was a muttered, "Go to hell."
You are my sweetest downfall.

- Regina Spektor -

* Julia Cole

(08/06/2018 at 04:29)
  • C20D10T20S15
    • View Profile
“Go to hell!”

Julia was taken aback by Lelia’s rude response. Something had to have happened. Was she sick? Typically when Julia was overly sick she was cranky.

No, this sounded more like the time Lecia said she wanted to slap her a couple years back. Though she had been sick then as well.

“What's wrong? I haven't seen you at the town hall. Do you want me to get you something?” she asked, genuinely worried for her friend’s well-being.
We accept the love
we think we deserve

Lecia Dorset

(08/06/2018 at 04:45)
  • Gryffindor '56
  • C13D6T7S6
    • View Profile
“What's wrong? I haven't seen you at the town hall. Do you want me to get you something?”

'Well, duh! You've been otherwise busy' She wanted to retort. Of course she sounded worried, what better way to rub it in? No, Lecia was not going to fall for that.

She needed to clear her head and she wasn't going to be able to do that with Julia Cole standing at her door.

With a huff and a swoon she sat up on her bed. Damn... her head really hurt. She gathered the first things she found in her bag, grabbed her small bag of toiletries, her bathrobe and towel and walked to the door. Upon opening it the sunshine nearly blinded her and she groaned.

She made to move past Julia, "Yeah you can. You can get the hell out of my way. If you don't mind."

- Regina Spektor -

* Julia Cole

(08/13/2018 at 17:34)
  • C20D10T20S15
    • View Profile
Julia blocked the door. Lecia had something going on, and Juls wasn’t going to leave until she knew what.

“You can get the hell out of my way. If you don’t mind.”

“It just so happens I do. What’s your deal?”

She’d seen Lecia in all sorts of moods, but none like this. There was something obviously going on with her. She wasn’t sure if it was something against her, or something else that she was projecting onto Juls, but Julia was going to find out. She had a right to know why her best friend was being this way.
We accept the love
we think we deserve

Lecia Dorset

(08/13/2018 at 19:03)
  • Gryffindor '56
  • C13D6T7S6
    • View Profile
“It just so happens I do. What’s your deal?”

Julia blocked her path and Lecia gave an exasperated and exaggerated  sigh. With her eyes still squinting at the brightness of the sun, she tried to gauge if she could maybe push her with her shoulder and make her move, but she was too sick to do that.

"My deal is that my head is killing me, I had an awful night and the last thing I need right now is to deal with a liar the likes of you."

She pinched her nose, "Now, would you please move."

- Regina Spektor -

* Julia Cole

(08/13/2018 at 19:16)
  • C20D10T20S15
    • View Profile
“...and the last thing I need right now is to deal with a liar the likes of you.”

Excuse me?”

Julia had absolutely no idea what she was talking about.  She stood corrected. She had seen Lecia like this once before, before they were friends. When she came in with mono and said she wanted to slap her for snogging Pax. Which Julia had thought was ridiculous.

Had she found out about her and Brick? They hadn’t been hiding their snogging at camp, but Juls thought Lecia would have been over it. They had kissed way back in December. AND Lecia had a boyfriend. When Julia had been dating Brick the first time, she wouldn’t have gotten mad at other people who snogged Pax, and there were a lot of other people. Pax was a free person, just as Brick was. Well, wasn’t anymore. But that was a different story.

Julia hadn’t expected her and Brick to start dating. Had she thought the snogging would have led to that, she would have told Lecia. But instead her own answer had taken her by surprise. She had meant to tell Lecia, but she hadn’t seen Lecia since it happened.

I don't give a damn 'bout my
BAD REPUTATION

Lecia Dorset

(08/13/2018 at 19:48)
  • Gryffindor '56
  • C13D6T7S6
    • View Profile
“Excuse me?”

"You know? I don't think I will."

She looked at Julia straight in the eye. Did she really expect Lecia not to find out? Because apparently between the two of them, they had been snogging the place up. It gnawed at her brain to think of what else they had been doing.

"I need to take a shower and go find Newton," something that she was both looking forward to and dreading at the same time, "and you should go find your boyfriend, you know, the one you bit to get him off You?"

She really didn't want to have to spell it out to Julia. She hated the fact that they were back at it. First Pax, now Brick. Jules really was a good friend, the best even, but given the state of Lecia's mind...to her, she was the enemy.

- Regina Spektor -

* Julia Cole

(08/13/2018 at 20:30)
  • C20D10T20S15
    • View Profile
“... And you should go find your boyfriend, you know, the one you bit to get him off you?”

So she did know. The only way she could have would be if Brick had said something to her. She’d talk to Brick later about that one.

But it still left more questions than answers.

“So, remind me of the part where I lied? YOU were the one who said we just needed time and all that malarkey. And why does it bother you so much?” she crossed her arms, staring Lecia down.

I don't give a damn 'bout my
BAD REPUTATION

Lecia Dorset

(08/13/2018 at 21:01)
  • Gryffindor '56
  • C13D6T7S6
    • View Profile
So it was down to the intimidation game? Fine.

While Lecia knew Julia could definitely out-perform her when it came to magic, she also knew that in a physical fight, they'd be pretty even. Lecia had grown up among muggle boys in a post-war world, she was no stranger to throwing and receiving a punch as well as busting lips and giving purple eyes when needed. So Lecia gave Julia a once over and arched an eyebrow her way.

"Oh I don't know...all those times you swore you didn't like or want him, or how about when you said you couldn't care less who he kissed?" Julia had no way of knowing and maybe her anger would've been better directed at Brick, but the Huffle was right there and it was easier to let out her frustration at the situation at her.

"And it's none of your business why it bothers me or not. Would've been nice to hear it from you instead when I asked you if someone had caught your eye instead of from the gossip girls around here."

- Regina Spektor -

* Julia Cole

(08/13/2018 at 21:09)
  • C20D10T20S15
    • View Profile
“No, it may not be any of my business why it bothers you. But you definitely should be talking to Newt if you’re still hung up over that one time you snogged Brick in December.”

If she couldn’t let it go, she had no reason to be dating anyone at this point.

“I would have told you we were together if you hadn’t disappeared yesterday. Couldn’t have told you any sooner than that…”

Unless she had been stalking them, which by the way she sounded, she seemed crazy enough to do so.

“So, yeah, you better go talk to your ‘boyfriend’. You don’t deserve him, you know. But I guess that’s up to him to decide.”

And knowing the hapless fool Newt was, he’d forgive her and never leave her, even when she was obsessing over someone she cheated on him with.

Julia stood aside, letting Lecia through, before heading back towards her own cabin.
-------------
I'm dancing on my own
I make the moves up as I go.
---------------

Lecia Dorset

(08/13/2018 at 21:18)
  • Gryffindor '56
  • C13D6T7S6
    • View Profile
Lecia scoffed. If Julia only knew that the  kiss -not a snog- they shared had been so much more, she had no idea what she was missing.

“So, yeah, you better go talk to your ‘boyfriend’. You don’t deserve him, you know. But I guess that’s up to him to decide.”

Her true colors were showing and they looked more silver and green than black and yellow. "If anyone doesn't deserve the guy she's dating, it's you. He's way too good for you, for anyone."

She walked towards the showers, not once looking back at Julia.

Summer had only begun for her and she was already fed up with it, with them, with herself. She couldn't wait to leave.

- Regina Spektor -

Tags: