As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: What Doesn't Kill Us... | Newlia  (Read 264 times)

* Julia Cole

(08/03/2018 at 18:00)
  • Magizoologist + Bartender
  • C20D10T20S15
    • View Profile
July 1 - Lunch
Town Hall

Julia had been hoping (and at the same time, not hoping) she’d see Lecia today. It was a mixed bag of emotions. If Lecia was at camp, that would mean she’d be returning to Hogwarts. But if she wasn’t at camp… Julia gave a glance in Brick’s direction. Maybe the two of them could have a nice summer reconnecting.

It was selfish of her to think like that, though. But if anyone would know more about Lecia’s situation, it’d be Newt. She took her tray of food and sat next to the Slytherin.

“Heard from Lecia?”

I don't give a damn 'bout my
BAD REPUTATION

Newton Mariner

(08/06/2018 at 13:52)
  • Adult
  • C1D1T2S0
    • View Profile
Newt drummed his fingers on the table, beside his untouched plate of food. Lec hadn't contacted him at all since school ended. The Slytherin had so many questions. What if she hated him suddenly? What if something terrible had befallen her?

The only thought that comforted him was that Brick was at camp. At least that meant the lion wasn't with her.

The snake shook his head, willing that thought to go away. Wasn't he being too spiteful? Too jealous? The boy'd always thought he didn't fit in with the snakes, but maybe the Sorting Hat had been right.

Suddenly, someone sat down beside him. “Heard from Lecia?”

"Juls." Newt shook his head. "Not since we left for holiday. It's like none of my letters ever reached her."
ΨƬȠ
SLYTHERIN

rise above.

* Julia Cole

(08/06/2018 at 14:52)
  • Magizoologist + Bartender
  • C20D10T20S15
    • View Profile
“Not since we left for holiday. It’s like none of my letters ever reached her.”

“That’s odd… we’ve been writing.” She wondered if her father was getting a hold of all of Newt’s letters before Lecia could. But it also meant that Lecia wasn’t at camp yet. She knew if Lecia was, Newt would be the first to know. But this also meant she’d have to break the news to Newt.

“Her dad… I don’t know, it doesn’t make sense, but I don’t understand all the weird things purebloods do. He’s afraid she’s gonna marry a muggle-born I guess? I mean, I don’t know why, especially since she said they like you.” Julia shook her head. Some people put way too much stock in blood purity.

“Anyway, he’s keeping her hostage for the time being. If he doesn’t let her come back, I’m going to kidnap her. You in?”
I told you I was trouble
You know that I'm no good

Newton Mariner

(08/25/2018 at 02:07)
  • Adult
  • C1D1T2S0
    • View Profile
Lec was still writing to Julia? What about his letters?

He spitefully decided not to write, not to try writing, anymore. In that moment, he harboured boundless anger for his "girlfriend." (What girlfriend didn't even let her boyfriend know how she was doing? A line or two would have sufficed, even.)

“Her dad… I don’t know, it doesn’t make sense, but I don’t understand all the weird things purebloods do. He’s afraid she’s gonna marry a muggle-born I guess? I mean, I don’t know why, especially since she said they like you.”

Newt blew out a sigh of relief on that front, but his anger redirected to Lec's father. "What??"

“Anyway, he’s keeping her hostage for the time being." The boy stared at his plate in disbelief and fury. "If he doesn’t let her come back, I’m going to kidnap her. You in?”

Newton Mariner wasn't normally one to take risks or go on adventures, but when it came to Lec, it was worth it. "You bet I'm in."
ΨƬȠ
SLYTHERIN

rise above.

Tags: