Welcome to Camp Loki 1954!

Author Topic: swipe right | tessa | a modern au  (Read 123 times)

Mark Lerner

(05/29/2018 at 02:33)
  • Transfiguration Professor
  • C12D10T20S10
    • View Profile
saturday march 10, 2018.
london, england.
1:24 am.

"Tessa."

Mark Lerner pushed aside plates and glasses to find his cell phone concealed by a crumpled napkin. "Do you," he said with complete seriousness, holding the phone out to her. "swear to handle my Tinder account with the utmost professionalism and care under the promise that I will not match you with anyone who finds joy in collecting cat hairs?"

sometimes in the pouring rain
  he will fall in the mud
 (and get back up again)

Tessa Anderssen

(05/29/2018 at 05:45)
  • Private Investigator + Medium
  • C8D10T7S9
    • View Profile
"Ma-- euaaaagh-- rcus Lerner," Tessa paused midway the solemn enunciation of his name and propped her head into her hand, letting her eyeslids drift close. Her head dipped and rose in what could very well be construed as a nod, and she opened her palm to accept his phone, "I solemnly swear it."

"Do yo u-" And she brandished her own phone, black and beaten with spderwebbing cracks across the screen, "swear to handle my Tinder with the best of intentions as any good-" (here, she yawned again) "-housemate might do?"
some would say i'm possessed, yes, but i'll confess

i've just been obsessed with life and death and emptiness

Mark Lerner

(05/29/2018 at 13:43)
  • C12D10T20S10
    • View Profile
“Oooooh I’m Marcus now?” he considered it for a moment for all the stresses and syllables. “I’m sophisticated.

And I swear,” he placed one hand on his heart. “on the housemate gods themselves.” He took the phone from her outstretched hand. “May their whims be ever in our oh my god. Tess. Did you drop this. out. the window.”
we get colder as we grow  older

Tessa Anderssen

(05/30/2018 at 10:53)
  • C8D10T7S9
    • View Profile
"n O--" she said, and blinked really slowly, "I would nev e r  throw you. out. a window."

She patted at Mark's hand, and then his phone, and then his hand; and her fingers danced blind to open his Tinder profile.

It took a moment for everything to focus, liquid swayed in her wineglass; she became intimately acquainted with Lola Fletcher, 25.

"omigosh, Mark," she smacked his arm a little harder than she intended, "She's. a. magic i a  n!"
i'm the one with the ghosts in my head
but they only come alive at night

Mark Lerner

(05/30/2018 at 16:08)
  • C12D10T20S10
    • View Profile
“Really?” he giggled shrilly. “See this is why we live together, trust. I...” he put his hand on his heart once more. “solemnly swear to nEVER throw you out a window.” Her phone in hand, the screen animated to life, emitting a fluorescent glow.

“Actually wouldn’t that be so cliche? And illogical? Windows. Windows are passè. And that window —“ he gestured abstractly to the far wall of the room. “It doesn’t. even open.” he scoffed, finding his wineglass on the coffee table with a slight expression of surprise. “Let’s pry it open.”

“Her smiiiiiile...” Mark leaned over to look at the screen, practically falling onto her before righting himself. “Is quite lovely actually swipe right please and thanks. What about.... Louisa Mcglochlin. 24, does pottery, and her dog is a-dor-a-ble.
oh Woman oh Man

do you really understand ?

Tessa Anderssen

(06/14/2018 at 03:06)
  • C8D10T7S9
    • View Profile
Tess had trouble keeping her eyes open, but Louisa McLoghlin's description sounded so pretty coming from Mark's mouth that she nodded along (dogs!) so that he could swipe right.

"What abo ut Miss Penelope Barnstein, 26, works at. a construction firm?" Tess said, and swiped through the woman's pictures.

"Wait-- I think she smokes? Are you into that? Nope, swiping left on her." And Tessa swiped, and wiggled her fingers at Penelope Barnstein's face as she disappeared. She took another sip of wine, but almost spat it out as the saw the next face on Mark's phone.

"mark omigosh  l o o k."

And it was the face of Cladis Perses Gallion that stared back at them.
i'm the one with the ghosts in my head
but they only come alive at night

Mark Lerner

(06/23/2018 at 01:53)
  • C12D10T20S10
    • View Profile
"Ok this dog is  a   gift. If you go on a date make sure she brings this dog." He said, swipping right.

"Wait-- I think she smokes? Are you into that?

"Euuughh. No thank you. Smoking is SO 1954."

"mark omigosh  l o o k."

"Wha-- oh my GOD. No way no--" Mark proceeded to cackle for several seconds. "Really???" He snatched the phone from her hand and held it close to his face, as if the image of Cladis Perses Gallion would dissolve into a different face. "This is HYSTERICAL BUT SHOCKING but--" he passed the phone back, falling back onto the couch cushions in a fit of giggles. "Would it be unprofessional to swipe right?? Or unprofessional to swipe left???"
we get colder as we grow  older

Tags: