Participate in our 20th birthday challenge!

Author Topic: Reckless Abandonment | Felion Snaps  (Read 246 times)

* Orion Alricsson

(04/04/2018 at 16:29)
  • Slytherin '56
  • C11D7T7S12
    • View Profile
| Continued from here |

Christmas Eve
Forbidden Forest

Her fingers found the fine line between lifers and lovers.

Orion was not used at having her lead him. It was an interesting change of pace. Their context and connotations lost in shallow waters as he smiled at being tugged along deep into the dark of the forest.

"I mean, we don't really need the sunlight," he started to protest, a soft whisper that barely reached the trees scattered around the pair. Orion's feet shuffled against the light snow that had found the floor of the forest. Black boots broke the thin layer to scuff dirt free, pushed forward by the hand he dare not let go of.

"I hope I grabbed enough butterbeer."

He held back his tongue from making a stupid comment, though quite a few rose to the forefront, in a welcomed sign of awareness for the fifteen year-old. There was something about being around Felicity, in this context with her hand holding his, that made him, simply put, better.

Instead, he nodded and rushed along with her with a soft smile left lingering against the edges of his lips.

SLYTHERIN
don't tempt me

* Felicity Wilding

(04/05/2018 at 04:17)
  • Gryffindor '56
  • C9D5T5S5
  • ['49-'50] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Steadily the trees grew thicker and thicker, growing more closely together and beginning to blot out the slowly changing colours of the sky overhead. The sky was mostly clear today so the blazing orange of the sunset had been brilliant before they'd moved deeper into the forest. Now the orange was filtering through the gaps in the trees with the occasional burst of the ebbing sun moving closer to the horizon.

Felicity was somewhat a morning person (or at least she was able to mostly function after 8am) but sunsets were better than sunrises in her opinion.

Her tongue clucked exaggeratedly at his response. "We don't need the sunlight but it makes it more fun if we don't have to depend on our wands."

She didn't bother mentioning for now that she wasn't sure she could start a fire without the use of a wand. It could take hours if they tried whittling sticks against a stone or however that was supposed to work.

It wasn't much longer before they reached the tree house and Felicity stopped before the steep stairs leading to the upper level. She dropped the bag (somewhat gently) in the grass next to Orion.

"You can carry that up or help me find some bigger sticks to add once the fire's going?"

She'd stuck some smaller kindling twigs in the bottom of her bag but that wouldn't last long at all. While she was scanning the ground she threw a question over her shoulder, "So are you missing Christmas at home yet?"

G
Daring, Determination, Drive

* Orion Alricsson

(04/05/2018 at 14:56)
  • Slytherin '56
  • C11D7T7S12
    • View Profile
"We don't need the sunlight but it makes it more fun if we don't have to depend on our wands."

Orion grunted at that. From the details she had given him before he agreed to this -as if there was a chance he would not have- and the small clues he gathered, they would surely need their wands if they'd have any means of being comfortable. He doubted very much if he could start a fire, let alone contain it, let alone be able to keep it from consuming the tree house he'd only heard about completely. While one hand was firmly intertwined with Felicity's, the other remained buried in his pocket grasping at the edges of his finely-crafted wand.

The tree house came into view soon enough, once the trees that had been collecting like the snow across the castle grounds opened wide enough for it to sit high above then. A rope ladder remained lowered, whether it was from someone previous or fortunate circumstance, he could only guess. But, with how things always ended up with Felicity, he figured the latter. The structure itself did not seem all that impressive. Honestly, Orion would have guessed that whoever had made it must have done so with some annoying transfiguration. Either way, it would serve its purpose: that being, letting the emptiness of the castle during the holiday break prove to be the best pair of weeks in his life.

"You can carry that up or help me find some bigger sticks to add once the fire's going?"

His gaze moved from the tree house to her, then to the bag she had left beside his feet and back to the tree house. Orion would have preferred not actually lifting it, preferably just using the Levitation charm that a first year would depend on in the Dueling Tournament. Unfortunately for him due to his stubborn pride, Fel had already said she'd rather not depend on magic and he would not disappoint her. So, with another grunt, the Slytherin grabbed a hold of its tied end and lazily dropped it over his shoulder with his elbow sticking out bent in front of him.

"So are you missing Christmas at home yet?"

He scoffed at the very notion, keeping his smile out and beginning the process of moving up the unsteady stairway. A rope ladder was not optimal with carrying things. One foot found the first peg, then the other, until he was steadily making his way up with their small collection of snacks. It took a while but he made his way up with minimal exertion, dropping the bag out on the floor delicately before he flipped himself over the taut wooden edge.

"Not so shabby," he admitted, looking around at the lightly furnished space. The lack of dust and trailing spiderwebs gave the impression that it was kept-up rather well. For his first time here, Orion had to wonder how he had not heard of it before. Or, who or what else might call this place home. It might be nice to place a expulsion charm, just to be safe. He would rather not have anyone bother the pair, wedging themselves in whatever this was or would prove to be.

Turning back around, he walked over to the entrance-way to try and find her.

"Any luck with the sticks?" he yelled out.
« Last Edit: 04/05/2018 at 23:33 by Orion Alricsson »

SLYTHERIN
don't tempt me

* Felicity Wilding

(04/10/2018 at 09:32)
  • Gryffindor '56
  • C9D5T5S5
  • ['49-'50] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
She was examining a branch that was shorter than the length of her arm but thicker than her arm to see if it would be good for burning when she heard the noise Orion made in response to her question. He didn't elaborate, he didn't really need to. In her mind it sounded like the idea was ridiculous to him and even if she might not be the reason a small, self-satisfied smile tugged at her lips.

"Any luck with the sticks?"

With her (small) armful, Felicity made her way back to the treehouse. Thankfully, being this deep in the forest meant they had a good amount of fallen sticks and branches to choose from not too far away. The downside was that it was December and the trees were damp, even if most of the snow wasn't able to reach the forest floor. They did have wands. It was okay to depend on magic for some things. Just making it out here was the biggest part of the adventure.

"I think I've got enough to get us started. Might have to get more if we decide to stay out here for a while."

It might be nice, ringing in Christmas Day beside a fire with Orion.

With thoughts like that she had wonder what happened to the real Felicity.

After tucking the branches beneath her arm and struggling a bit with her limited hand movement, Felicity managed to pull herself up the rope ladder. As soon as she was able, the five or so branches were tossed onto the deck.

"Phew! That was more work than I thought. I should have had you do that." After she pulled herself the rest of the way up she stuck her tongue out at Orion. It was a joke, she wasn't one of those girls.

Once the branches were stacked in the small, round fireplace made of stones that had been built Merlin only knew how long ago, Felicity gestured at the bag and the much smaller sticks within.

"Would you like to do the honours?"

G
Daring, Determination, Drive

Tags: