Don't forget to sign up for a cabin!

Author Topic: GET WIT IT  (Read 410 times)

* Marina Lamont

(04/01/2018 at 03:15)
  • Marine Magizoologist
  • C13D8T15S9
  • ['48-'49] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week
    • View Profile

Arianne

No that’s not actually me, that is my lovely cat Milady Leslie Seashark Xanthippe Google Lemon Hawking and yes most of those are references to sitcoms. The other ones relate to my equally nerdy job as a video game programmer.

And now, because I’m clearly better at talking about my cat than I am about myself, here are some long lists of as many of my favourite things as I can remember!

TV!
  • Legion
  • Fargo
  • Orphan Black
  • Rick and Morty
  • Brooklyn Nine-Nine
  • The Good Place
  • Agent Carter
  • Game of Thrones
  • Big Little Lies
  • The Office
  • Jessica Jones
  • Community
  • Scream Queens
  • Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt
  • How I Met Your Mother
  • Survivor
  • Parks & Rec
  • 30 Rock
  • Galavant
  • Twin Peaks
  • Buffy
  • Supergirl
  • Veronica Mars
  • Pretty much everything ever made for tv tbh

MOVIES!
  • The Grand Budapest Hotel
  • The Perks of being a Wallflower
  • Black Panther
  • Thor: Ragnarok
  • Wild at Heart
  • Moana
  • Inglourious Basterds
  • 50/50
  • Mulan
  • Requiem for a Dream
  • Donnie Darko

GAMES!
  • Mass Effect
  • Final Fantasy X
  • Bastion
  • Braid
  • Civilization V
  • Mass Effect
  • Papers, Please
  • Guild Wars
  • Dragon Age

OTHERS!
  • Harry Potter
  • Hamilton
  • Horseback riding
  • Board Games

LEONA recently arrived in London as a refugee, fleeing South Africa with her family after her brothers spoke up at an anti-apartheid rally. Despite the many horrors she’s witnessed in her native country, Leona holds onto the belief that most of the world’s problems can be solved with hard work, a smile and a song.

MARINA is a 14 year old Ravenclaw in the midst of an identity crisis. With her parents divorced and on bad terms, and with two three-year-old twins taking up all her mothers' time, Rina is growing more independent with every passing second. After a year as Quidditch Captain, though, she's realised that she's not quite suited for responsibility.

JOSHUA was once a beater and co-captain for the Swedish national team and was once a semi-famous Jazz musician. Next in his string of ambitious endeavours is his position on the SRC's new board of directors. Unfortunately, his allegiance is to himself, only - a fact that's lead him to the wrong side of laws and morality more than once.

WIT is a full-grown adult with the maturity of a teenage boy. Even though he was in Ravenclaw, he graduated with poor grades and failed to get the glamorous job he’d always hoped for. His intelligence reigns in the realm of the imagination, where he conjures up heroic tales to tell as truth to anyone gullible enough to listen. He served two terms as Magical Drama Professor at Hogwarts, but that was just way too much responsibility for him to handle, so now he's gone back to living with his parents.

NASHIRA Nettlebed firmly believes she has her whole life (and most other things) figured out. She’s going to be the world’s greatest best and probably youngest ever Gobstones Champion. If you even try to get in her way, you’re toast.
« Last Edit: 04/01/2018 at 03:29 by Marina Lamont »
I set my sail

Fly
the wind it will take me
Back to my home, sweet home

Callum Winters

(04/01/2018 at 03:23)
  • Gryffindor '54
  • C10D5T7S6
    • View Profile
-showers you and all your precious characters in love-

Also I had a dumb idea, but did you ever use the title "Get Wit It" for Wit before? It would probably make a good plot page title or something. Or a ship thread title.

* Marina Lamont

(04/01/2018 at 03:29)
  • Marine Magizoologist
  • C13D8T15S9
    • View Profile
WATCH HOW FAST I CAN EDIT THIS TITLE
HELP I'M ALIVE
(my heart keeps beating like a hammer)

* Thijs Märchen

(04/01/2018 at 06:37)
  • Junior Healer - Magical Psychology
  • C4D6T3S3
    • View Profile
this intro has my big green

of approval.

also here's a sassy taika wondering why we haven't threaded yet? ? ? ?

*showers you and all your lovely characters with love*

märchen.

ALL DREAMERS MUST WAKE.

Livia Thatcher

(04/01/2018 at 06:56)
  • Fifth Year
  • C6 D5 T4 S5
    • View Profile
Aaaah, I also love Civ V! (and also VI)
And papers please, too. I don't understand why that game is so addicting.

* Felicia Navarro

(04/01/2018 at 16:54)
  • COMC Professor
  • C18D14T20S10
    • View Profile
hi yes Arianne you already know you're perfect in my eyes and like the nicest person ever and we should thread more but we don't because we suck and i love your characters and also beware the illuminati k thx bye

Tallulah Sloe

(04/02/2018 at 15:43)
  • Cursebreaker-in-Training
  • C7D17T7S16
  • Player of the Summer ['46-'47] Quidditch Champions [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! Player of the Week
    • View Profile

^^^you casually slaying me with how awesome you are

You and your characters are both such a light and joy in my life.  I would fully love some Nash and True Teen Girl Squad Adventures this summer--we can make them do literally anything, and I will love it.  Also let's write some more Leona and Lu BEFORE THEY GRADUATE ALKDJADJDADAD I can't believe it's that time already D: D: D:
IN GLORIOUS TECHNICOLOR.

Calypso OHara

(04/04/2018 at 13:33)
  • Second Year
  • C4D2T2S3
    • View Profile
i love you and your amazing charries i can't even -showers you and them in love- also i can't wait to see more caly/nash and rana/nash family snaps OR EVEN eva/nash cause asu;DFE also i just realise that i thought nashira was narisha forgive me please i was young and foolish back then
At the end of the world, or the last thing I see
you are never coming home, never coming home
Could I? Should I?[/span]

* Vega Nettlebed

(04/04/2018 at 17:47)
  • Potioneer
  • C12D10T13S8
    • View Profile
1. AHHH YOU WATCH ALL THE SHOWS!! I've seen the first episode of The Good Place, and I wasn't blown away, but I'm gonna give it the benefit of the doubt (bc pilot episodes are really not my fave, ever) and watch the second ep when if I get a minute...
2. Your characters are so wonderful and different and creative, I love them ALL (and Ella REALLY adores Leona).
3. [Insert ten minutes of gushing over them all from afar here.]
4. I'm super excited to see Joshua in action for future SRC things!!
5. Sister threads, maybe, please? -throws Gobstones at-

Calvin Sharppe

(04/05/2018 at 03:35)
  • Gryffindor '56
  • C16D12T8S14
  • Player of the Summer ['49-'50] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Big Little Lies

How I feel about that show/book:

I know it's got all the awards and such but it STILL doesn't get enough attention imo

I love all your:
- Hamilton references
- Puns
- Canada-ness
- Threads

I don't know where Rina/Cal is going but... I dig it?

extra gif that probably needs no explanation:

lush life giving me a rush

had one chance to make me blush second time is one too late

* Cladis Perses Gallion

(04/12/2018 at 13:54)
  • Unspeakable
  • C28D35T19S25
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
seeing this intro summer after summer is a strange sort of homecoming. like seeing this and bam summer feels hit me full force! boo-yah!

hi!

i like you. we haven't threaded all that much but i strongly feel like we should change that because i really like you and i really love your characters. there's so much depth in them that i am sure they'd echo

anyway.

i am very intrigued by the entire "video game programmer"-thing. it sounds like such a cool and fun thing to do!

The Grand Budapest Hotel; The Perks of being a Wallflower; Black Panther; Thor: Ragnarok; Inglourious Basterds

turns out: we should watch movies together. can we?

Also, could we thread cladis/wit at elsewhere? i really liked that patrol thread we once had for them and am forever sad that wit isn't at the castle anymore. like seriously, he was so much fun.
VICTIM OF INTROSPECTION

IS THERE NO WAY OUT OF THE MIND?

* Marina Lamont

(04/27/2018 at 03:40)
  • Marine Magizoologist
  • C13D8T15S9
    • View Profile
@Callum: Thank you again for the new and improved title! Thank you, also, for helping me bring Joshua out of his endless slumber. I always enjoy threading with you and I'm looking forward to doing SRC things together! :D

@Thijs: I would love to thread! Let me know who you want and I'll send 'em your way <3 Also -

pls stamp?

@Liv: I've spent waaaaaay too many hours on both those games. And not only is Papers, Please addicting, I also get way too emotionally invested in the impact of that red stamp.

@Fel: Yes we should definitely thread so much more! -pushes all my babies toward yours- ALSO you'll be pleased to know I correctly guessed the identity of the Illuminati

@Lu: Our Trash thread (I'll never get over that friendShip name) has me wishing I could get Nash over to the castle already! And please, let's thread Lu and Leo as soon as term starts? Stories and dancing and singing and all the wholesome things?

@MiniCaly: You are so FORGIVEN. Honestly, I misread names all the time, and it happens so there's no need to apologize <3 Nash won't be at the castle and I might be responing to this a bit late to get started on any summer threads, but we can do something in Elsewhere? Or at the castle with Rina or Leona? Let me know!

@BigSis:
1. The Good Place is definitely worth a second chance if you're willing to give it one! I found it very funny and full of surprises.
2. dfskjfhs THANK YOU! As a person who stalks most of your threads, this means a lot to me <3
3. [gushing right back at ya]
4. I can't wait to get this SRC ball rolling either!
5. We already got this part out of under control <3

@Cal the Pal:

This sums it up, really.
-gets emotional-

@Jip: I'm so glad you appreciate my diligent recycling! Also I appreciate your characters too, and stalk so many of your threads and I just never quite manage to work up the nerve to bug you for threads. In any case, I'm rectifying that right now because I'm getting back into my Witty groove and this lack of threads together just has to be amended. And if you hit me up on skype I will talk your ear off about coding for video games too <3
HELP I'M ALIVE
(my heart keeps beating like a hammer)

Tags: