As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: [PROMPT 1] You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!  (Read 234 times)

Clinton Litchfield

(03/31/2018 at 11:12)
  • Director of Camp Loki & Head of Hufflepuff
  • C6D24T7S6
  • ['46-'47] Journalist of the Term ['47-'48] Journalist of the Term [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Summer Workshop Prompt #1
You Can Fly! You Can Fly! You Can Fly!

In Neverland, flying is a very simple concept. You simply need to think of the happiest things; for Peter, that's the same as having wings. Happy thoughts make us lighter, until we're light enough to fly. In this prompt, we're asking you to explore your character's happiest thoughts and memories; the ones that, if they were trying to fly like Peter, they would think of first.

Your Task
Choose One...Or Both!

Option 1
Write your character's happiest memories/thoughts. This can be in any format you choose: they might be remembering them or retelling them to somebody else; you might write them as they are experiencing a certain happy moment; they might recreate the memories in writing themselves -- either poetry or prose; they might be dreaming; they might even be in the world of Neverland, trying to make themselves fly. You can write in any person, any tense, any style or format. You can have one memory/thought, or ten. The possibilities are endless. You may wish to create this as a companion piece to Option Two. If you choose to do this, please include both pieces in the same thread.

Option 2
Recreate your character's happiest memories/thoughts visually. All and any visual mediums are encouraged: photos, aesthetics, moodboards, drawings, collages, sketches, padlets, tumblr blogs, maybe even film if you're feeling particularly ambitious? All site ratings and rules still apply, so please bear this in mind when selecting images. You may wish to create this as a companion piece to Option One. If you choose to do this, please include both pieces in the same thread.

How do I start?
three simple steps

1. Start a new thread in the Summer Workshop forum. It should be called Prompt 1: Title of Your Piece
2. Write your piece, following the prompt above.
3. Review the pieces of others (see How To Workshop).

All credit to HELEN KANE for this prompt idea!
i see a mansard roof through the trees
i see a salty message written in the eaves
the ground beneath my feet, the hot garbage and concrete
and now the tops of buildings, i can see them too

Tags: