Try your hand at Duelling!

Author Topic: [Round 2] Duel 3: Kane Vs. Duncan Vs. Viggano  (Read 318 times)

Beauregard Lesauvage

    (08/23/2017 at 19:24)
  • *
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D7T6S5
    • View Profile
17th August 1951
6:30am - sunrise



Why he had agreed to be awake at this time of the day was beside him. Of course he woke up somewhat early, he liked to go on a run for the morning, it helped keep him in shape when it came to Quidditch, trials would be happening again when they got back to Hogwarts. He intended to be on the team, for sure, Papa would be proud, he always was when he made the team.

However, this earliness was, to his knowledge, extreme. He had woke half an hour earlier, pulled on the nearest clothes, throwing his hood up and left for the dueling ground, hands shoved into the pockets of the jumper. It was quite peaceful, as he headed towards the lake, of which he had, along with Ryan, Finny and Zac took the time to set up the arena.

The air was silent, a small breeze let him remain cool, tousling with the few strands of his raven black hair that was not covered by his hood. The sky was painted blue, the sun was still rising but the oranges, the pinks and the reds had disappeared, not a single cloud in the sky. It would be a lovely morning... once he had woke up properly that was.

A yawn escaped his lips. He wasn't the first there, but his arrival appeared to prompt some kind of movement, people were already in the stands waiting, watching; when had they got here? "Are we all ready?" He asked, eyeing the dueling contenders before leading them out onto the platform in the water.

The water was calm, but no matter how steady he used the stepping stones to reach the platform, he was still nervous of falling in. He did not want to wake whatever was sleeping in that water. Wand in hand, he stood upright in the center, waiting, letting the contenders get into place. "Let's get this thing going," He managed to find a smile from somewhere.

"The sooner this is over, the sooner I can go back to bed," He chuckled a little, trying to find some kind of enthusiasm, three... two... one... duel!" Wand thrust in the air, red sparks emitting from his wand, signalling the beginning of the duel, and what would hopefully be a short match. He wanted to go back to sleep.



One successful disarming spell per duelist.



Round 1 of 5

Helen Kane - 70%


vs

Aiden Duncan - 75%


vs

Oswald Viggano - 80%



Note: The duel was made early, so the deadline for this round is August 26th @ 10am CDT.
« Last Edit: 08/25/2017 at 15:14 by Ryan Ward »

Aiden Duncan

    (08/25/2017 at 22:37)
  • Hufflepuff '56
  • C12D6T9S8
  • Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Aiden rubbed his eyes as he walked, still a little bleary-eyed from being woken up so early in the morning. His messy red hair was tousled and sticking up in a few places. He had only just barely managed to get pants on before being shoved out the door. Still, Aiden was always ready to have a little fun. Once he started moving and dueling, he would certainly be fully awake. Then after the workout, he would be able to eat a nice, hot breakfast. Aiden was already thinking about what sort of food they were going to have and was more concerned about that than the duel at hand.

He'd be going up against Helen, who was around Jamie's age and likely just as strong magically, and Oswald, who Aiden only knew from their meeting at the lake when he was clobbered by Brick's wayward stone. Oswald was definitely strong from what Aiden had seen. He barely skipped a beat after that rock smacked him around. He'd probably be a tough opponent to duel as well. But Aiden was up for the challenge! He had gotten a few tips and tricks from Finny and was ready to see if he made any improvements.

"The sooner this is over, the sooner I can go back to bed,"

"Aww come on, that's no way teh start a duel!" Aiden joked, still a little sleepy himself. But the prospect of dueling was already starting to wake him up a little. On Beau's count, the match began and Aiden wasted no time.

Aiden aimed his wand at Helen, targeting who he thought was the more powerful of the two, "Illusione di aria!" he said, more confidently than his first shot at dueling. He hoped the spell might be able to wake everyone up a little.

* Zak Weiland

    (08/26/2017 at 14:32)
  • *
  • Keeper for Wimbourne Wasps
  • C15D7T11S8
  • ['46-'47] Quidditch Champions ['49-'50] Quidditch Champions ['49-'50] Duelling Finalist Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
[Round 1 ends in 30 minutes. Sorry for the confusion with round times, I didn't notice they were off until now.]
« Last Edit: 08/26/2017 at 14:45 by Fish Weiland »
THUNDER,  FEEL  THE  THUNDER
LIGHTNING AND THE THUNDER
_…-    _…_……--<"  __……_…--…-
  \___/      \_…----<_  - `-…  _…<_…-
  _-… \___…-           \_…-<__…--<__…-<

* Zak Weiland

    (08/26/2017 at 15:02)
  • *
  • Keeper for Wimbourne Wasps
  • C15D7T11S8
  • ['46-'47] Quidditch Champions ['49-'50] Quidditch Champions ['49-'50] Duelling Finalist Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Round 1

A1. Aiden casts Illusione di aria at Helen. Success!



Round 2 of 5

Helen Kane
- 70%, -2 agi, one round missed, two until forfeit

vs

Aiden Duncan
  - 75%

vs

Oswald Viggano
- 80%, one round missed, two until forfeit
THUNDER,  FEEL  THE  THUNDER
LIGHTNING AND THE THUNDER
_…-    _…_……--<"  __……_…--…-
  \___/      \_…----<_  - `-…  _…<_…-
  _-… \___…-           \_…-<__…--<__…-<

* Zak Weiland

    (08/27/2017 at 15:03)
  • *
  • Keeper for Wimbourne Wasps
  • C15D7T11S8
  • ['46-'47] Quidditch Champions ['49-'50] Quidditch Champions ['49-'50] Duelling Finalist Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Round 2

No actions.



Round 3 of 5

Helen Kane
- 70%, two rounds missed, one until forfeit

vs

Aiden Duncan
  - 75%, one round missed, two until forfeit

vs

Oswald Viggano
- 80%, two rounds missed, one until forfeit
THUNDER,  FEEL  THE  THUNDER
LIGHTNING AND THE THUNDER
_…-    _…_……--<"  __……_…--…-
  \___/      \_…----<_  - `-…  _…<_…-
  _-… \___…-           \_…-<__…--<__…-<

Aiden Duncan

    (08/27/2017 at 22:50)
  • Hufflepuff '56
  • C12D6T9S8
  • Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Aiden excitedly pumped his fists in the air as his spell worked like a charm and actually managed to hit Helen in the process. Finny had observed his previous duel and had told Aiden that he had been a little sloppy with his wandwork. Although Aiden wasn't set on winning at all costs, he figured it couldn't hurt to work on his dueling skills a little. Finny had taught him a little bit about aiming and worked on some spells with him, which seemed to pay off. He couldn't even manage to use his wand properly in the last duel and needed to rely on his fists to get anything done. This time, however, his first spell was a success!

"Bullseye!" he exclaimed. He wanted to keep the momentum going, but Aiden wasn't sure how to proceed.

He really had to wrack his brains in the moment to think about what else he had gone over with Finny. He could certainly try disarming the magic way this time around... In his previous duel, Aiden had just flailed his arms about in an attempt to disarm Kadence. It had worked, of course, but Finny talked about a more reliable and magical way to do it. He had to remember the spell ...

After a moment, it popped into Aiden's head and he immediately aimed his wand as Helen again, "Expelliarmus!" he cried. He hoped he had gotten the phrasing and the wand movements right.

* Zak Weiland

    (08/28/2017 at 16:06)
  • *
  • Keeper for Wimbourne Wasps
  • C15D7T11S8
  • ['46-'47] Quidditch Champions ['49-'50] Quidditch Champions ['49-'50] Duelling Finalist Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Round 3

A1. Aiden casts Expelliarmus at Helen. Success! 12% damage!



Final Results

Helen Kane
- Forfeit

vs

Aiden Duncan
  - 75%

vs

Oswald Viggano
- Forfeit


CONGRATULATIONS TO THE WINNER
AIDEN DUNCAN!
THUNDER,  FEEL  THE  THUNDER
LIGHTNING AND THE THUNDER
_…-    _…_……--<"  __……_…--…-
  \___/      \_…----<_  - `-…  _…<_…-
  _-… \___…-           \_…-<__…--<__…-<

Tags: