Check out duelling!

Author Topic: Player of the Week '51!  (Read 157 times)

Clinton Litchfield

(08/14/2017 at 15:19)
  • Director of Camp Loki
  • C6D21T7S6
  • ['46-'47] Journalist of the Term ['47-'48] Journalist of the Term [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Player of the Week!
Summer 1951

Every summer, the Mod Squad convenes and nominates one new player each week to the honour of Player of the Week! These new members have seriously impressed the summer counsellors, and we hope to see them around for many terms to come!

shoutout to viola ross for letting me steal her coding but also her words.
we take the pressure and we throw away
conventionality belongs to yesterday
there is a chance that we can make it so far
we start believing now that we can be who we are

Clinton Litchfield

(08/14/2017 at 15:22)
  • Director of Camp Loki
  • C6D21T7S6
  • ['46-'47] Journalist of the Term ['47-'48] Journalist of the Term [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Week 1: Emilio Soares!
From the Mod Squad!

I've seen Emilio's threads around the board and I think it's great that he hasn't hesitated in diving straight in. He's already settled in extremely well and has proved himself to be a great addition to the community! --Persephone Crowley

He's my mentee, but I honestly doubt he will need me that much. In the first week of summer he has already found the introductions, plot pages, chat modules, basically all you need to get going on here... And he put them to good use. I've got to say, he's off to an amazing start! --Finny Morgenstern

What a babe. Emilio has jumped right into summer without missing a beat, which definitely can hard for a new member to do. Already less than a week, she's gotten involved in threads and has frequently graced the main chat with their wonderful presence. <3 I'm so excited to see what she has in store for Emilio in the future—he's an interesting character. --Valencia Alvear

About Emilio!

What shall we call you? Do you have any favorite nicknames?

My name is Gwen and I don't really have any nicknames. I'm so used to being referred as Emilio/Emi in MC that if you call me Gwen there it might take me a moment to realize you're talking to me.

How did you find HSNet? 

I was going really deep into the Hogwarts tag on tumblr and I found the hsnet blog and was really interested with the concept.

What made you decide to join?

I went through some apps and the old summer threads and I was instantly hooked and I loved all of the characters. When I went into MC everyone was really nice and I thought this would be a good place for me.

Which book is your favorite in the series?

My favorite book is Order of the Pheonix because it really tore my soul apart and I can read it a million times and never get tired of it. Plus, Umbridge is my favorite antagonist.

Who is your favorite character from the books?

Neville is my favorite because he's so sweet and he's been through so much. He deserves all of the love.

Who are you most excited to roleplay with, that you haven't yet?

I'm really excited to roleplay everyone, but if I had to pick one person it would be Jamie. His character is so interesting, and all of his threads are so amazingly written.

What is one thread that everyone should read this very instant? Why?

There are so many great threads but I really love the Language of Food. I relate to so many of Brick's thoughts, and Daisy is great in so many ways. Both of their writing is amazing and even though the two are discussing something really casual there's so much emotion.

What is one thing about Emilio that no one knows?

There are plenty of things about Emilio that no one knows, but one is that he loves to knit, but his parents made him take on more traditionally masculine hobbies. It's really calming for him and he enjoys showing off his work with people he trusts.

What is one thing about Emilio that everyone should know?

One thing about Emilio that everyone should know is that he's so eager to please everyone. He wants people to like him, and he'll do almost everything to get their approval.

What are you most excited about for when term begins?

I'm excited to see what house Emilio gets in, and how he reacts being in a huge school, because he's been homeschooled all of his life. I'm also really excited for classes.

Any last words?

I want to thread with everyone so if you have any plot ideas send me a PM! If it takes me a while to respond I'm probably overthinking something or too nervous I'm going to say something wrong, I promise I'm not ignoring you!
coming to your house, knocking at your door
you're my first sip of wine. you cool me, cool me down
left your clothes next to the bed, some pretty pictures in my head
i hope you had a great summer, a great summer away

Clinton Litchfield

(08/17/2017 at 11:46)
  • Director of Camp Loki
  • C6D21T7S6
    • View Profile
Week 2: Vanessa Naoi!
From the Mod Squad!

She's so lovely!! I've been seeing her threads everywhere on the summer boards. She just jumped right in without any hesitation and that makes me so happy. I can't wait to see the character development this character goes through. Definitely exciting. --Circe Blackwood

I haven't read much of Vanessa's writing, but what I have read, she is rather amazing. I have bumped into her once or twice in main chat, and she seems to have the hang of things really well. I can't wait to see what more she has to offer at Castle. --Beauregard Lesauvage

Vanessa has been jumping right into the flow at Hoggies. I keep seeing her all over the place, and I love how dedicated she is to replying to Quidditch, Dueling, and infirmary-very impressive. She is very friendly and i can't wait to see more of Vanessa when Hoggies time rolls around again. --Mia Green

About Vanessa!

Hi everyone! You can just call me Vanessa, if you'd like. People call me Nes, Nessa, or V too, but I'm okay with whatever!

How did you find HSNet?
Lotsa googling. I decided to try this site out and I ended up loving it. Everyone here is so sweet :)

What made you decide to join?
I really liked the layout and design of HSNet. It was very organized, so I decided to make an account to try it out. I ended up in the chatroom and everyone was very welcoming and I got sucked in almost immediately!

My favorite book from the series is either Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Askaban or Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

This is a difficult one! I love all the characters really, but my favorite one would probably be Hermione.

Everyone and anyone! That might not be a very satisfactory answer, I apologize, but I'm truly excited to roleplay/thread with anyone that wants to :)

The Quidditch match! Come cheer the Hedgehogs on!

What is one thing about Vanessa that no one knows?
Well...for starters, Vanessa's adopted and she lives with her grandmother at the moment. Maybe she'll have more secrets later? Hahaha

What is one thing about Vanessa that everyone should know?
She loves meeting new people and exploring! And chocolate frogs! So go on an adventure with her and bring some chocolate frogs <3

I'm most excited for all the people I'll get to thread with! I'm really looking forward to see what stories and trouble we'll create or face :)

Any last words?
Thank you to all of you for making me feel so welcome here!
what's that playing on the radio
why do i start swaying to and fro
i have never heard that song before,
but if i don't hear it anymore

Clinton Litchfield

(08/23/2017 at 19:32)
  • Director of Camp Loki
  • C6D21T7S6
    • View Profile
Week 3: Phoenix Starr!
From the Mod Squad!

I looove reading some Nix! She's such a fun character! Really great writing going on! Can't wait to see more! --Chloe Rose

When I was first stalking the quidditch forum to see how game 1 was going, I chanced on little Phoenix. I was immediately interested in the character, and I wanted to know more about the player, too! I'm super impressed by her willingness to get stuck in with old and new players, and I'm really excited to see where Phoenix will go at the castle! --Helen Kane

There was a few rough patches during duelling, but she was an interesting read throughout and didn't seem to get too discouraged despite my constant notes ahaha. But she handled it fairly well in my opinion, and curious to see what she does with her character elsewhere when term finally starts. --Ryan Ward

About Phoenix!

What shall we call you? Do you have any favorite nicknames? Alex (I'm a Girl lol) or Lex... =)

How did you find HSNet? Google. But an old friend used to play this and she recommended it to me a very long time ago now... I just forgot.

What made you decide to join? I like the organisation of the site and after reading through some of the character bios and threads I was sold! I haven't had much chance to use chat but everyone on there seems super friendly and welcoming too.

Which book is your favorite in the series? I love them all, but if I had to pick Id probably say Half Blood Prince ♡

Who is your favorite character from the books? I think Professor Snapes storyline is amazing in the books, but for personality wise my favourite would be Luna :3

Who are you most excited to roleplay with, that you haven't yet? Everyone really =) but there are a few people on my list of names to message for plots.

What is one thread that everyone should read this very instant? Why? This one cause who doesn't enjoy a bit of conflict every now and then lol.

What is one thing about Phoenix that no one knows? Her family are strict vegans, but she likes to secretly eat meat.

What is one thing about Phoenix that everyone should know? Probably that she has fighter spirit and an unstoppable determination when she wants to achieve something - but she is also, irresponsible, quick tempered and jumps into doing things without weighing out the consequences before hand.

What are you most excited about for when term begins?  Phoenix's sorting, duels, lessons... All the Hoggies threads =)

Any last words? Hello again! And thank you for been so welcoming and lovely. Pm me if you would like Plots with Phoenix I'd love her to make some solid friendships at Hogwarts ♡
what's that playing on the radio
why do i start swaying to and fro
i have never heard that song before,
but if i don't hear it anymore

Clinton Litchfield

(08/30/2017 at 09:32)
  • Director of Camp Loki
  • C6D21T7S6
    • View Profile
Week 4: Ernestine Baumgartner!
From the Mod Squad!

Wow, what even to say? Firstly, the fact that she drew her own character is literally the coolest thing ever, and it's really special to see someone's character manifest as a result of a drawing, rather than a faceclaim. Secondly, Ernestine's writing is really engaging and entertaining, and although her number of threads is limited; she can pack a lot of punch in a small number of words. I'm really excited by Ernestine's character, and also her player, and I'm really looking forward to seeing more of them at the castle! --Helen Kane

I haven't read much of this player's writing, but I did catch her app and saw her amazing avvie! I also noticed that she's in Duelling, which I have respect for because I find it difficult and I've been here for a while now! Can't wait to see what she has to offer at Castle. --Beauregard Lesauvage

She's so unique. Everyone has already mentioned her amazing drawing skills and creativity in drawing her own avatar, but I'm mentioning it too because  W O  W! And her player name and the story behind it is so different and I love it. She has a plot page and even though she joined later in the summer and she doesn't have many threads,  what she does have is GREAT. Count me impressed! --Mia Green

About Ernestine!

I go by Waistcoats- a shorthand for my Tumblr url, but I'll answer to Ernestine or Ernie too!

How did you find HSNet? Ah, the good old Google engine. I wanted to give rping a try and you guys happened to be near the top of a 'Top 100' list.

What made you decide to join? Weeeelll, after lurking about a bit (like, I think since last month), and reading up on all the FAQ's and terribly interesting plots you guys came up with, I decided that as soon as August came around I would make a character and give it a shot. The organization of the magical levels, spells and abilities really made it seem like you guys have a good handle on the internal mechanisms that make the game enjoyable.

The Prisoner of Azkaban. Simply for Sirius and his gift to Harry (he just cared that much for him!!!) as well as Remus (who is my favorite Dark Arts professor). Poor chaps deserved a happier ending.

Sirius. He's so lonely and wanted nothing but to protect his friends and godson. And he turns into a dog. I was actually kind of mad when he died. I wanted him to take care of Harry and be happy...T^T

I would have to say anyone who's excited to roleplay with me (which could very well be everyone...) but I do want someone to push Ernestine in a more negative manner. I do believe a certain Circe Blackwood was planning to make all the first years cry in the chat.

I like this one: http://hogwarts-school.net/summer/index.php?topic=7237.0

What is one thing about Ernestine that no one knows?
  For all the help and service she loves to do, Ernestine hates to be the one to ask for help. She'll usually try and solve any problems herself before any mediation.

What is one thing about Ernestine that everyone should know?
  She's usually quiet, but will probably help you with a smile and a nod if you ask. Getting her to say more than four sentences at a time will be like pulling teeth though. Why speak two when only one will do?

Dueling. And getting into trouble. Classes especially seem exciting, and I'm looking forward to optimizing Ernestine's stats (my brother's Pathfinder woes has rubbed off on me it seems.)

Any last words?
I'm thankful for the welcome I received here,  and all the helpful admins and mentors! I may be a little slow when it comes to throwing myself into plots and such, but I'll be glad to get to know everybody a little better in the coming term!
coming to your house, knocking at your door
you're my first sip of wine. you cool me, cool me down
left your clothes next to the bed, some pretty pictures in my head
i hope you had a great summer, a great summer away

Tags: