Participate in our 20th birthday challenge!

Author Topic: Insomnia | Lucian Grey  (Read 916 times)

Guillaume Cossé-Brissac

(04/14/2017 at 10:10)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D5T5S5
    • View Profile
Last weeks Summer, 1950
Some time around two of the morning or so

It had been some time since Guillaume had arrived at Camp Loki and he still hadn't decided if going there had been a good idea or not. It surely was better than being trapped at the manor in Godric's Hollow, but a far cry than his previous summers at one of the Cossé-Brissac proprieties, in France or in some other country in Europe. But, well, he figured that beggars couldn't be choosers.

In truth, the blonde boy doubted that he would ever get used to it - the loss of his former life style. Many months had passed since he discovered the truth - or at least part of it - about his lineage. Many months were he had lived as a pariah - maybe he was being a bit dramatic about it, since it was not like he had been left to die. But, for him, it felt as if this had been the case.

Lately, he was suffering of a particularly strong case of insomnia ( - his mind disagreeing with his body needs for rest.). He would probably be tired beyond help later the day, paired with a bad mood, but for now the only thing he felt was simple and complete boredom. That wouldn't do, at all. The curfew hour had passed long ago, but was also feeling too lazy to go out. The cabin was drowned in complete darkness, except by the pale light of the moon breaching it. At the bed that was closer to the window, Guillaume was laying, shirtless and impatient.

"Lucian." He called in a murmur. At that small time of half week they are sharing a room, Guillaume figured that the other boy should have already come into terms with his quircks. Not that it would stop him, in the case he hadn't."Lucian, are you awake?" He tried again, just a tad louder. The blond boy wasn't above getting up and shaking up his companion if needed was. "I am bored." was said as if it was a completely reasonable explication.
« Last Edit: 05/07/2017 at 23:36 by Guillaume Cossé-Brissac »

Lucian Grey

(04/15/2017 at 17:48)
  • Cursebreaker-in-Training
  • C14D8T7S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Lucian hadn't minded being the sole inhabitant of the west branch of their faction's mad little tree house. He hadn't been too thrilled at spending the summer in camp, so it had been a nice surprise that he'd actually get some regular alone time when he had first arrived at Camp Loki. Sure enough, a few days later another blonde boy moved in. French, Lucian realized immediately from the accent. A son from one of the influential pureblood families, the Cossé-Brissac. Now it was just the two of them sharing the cabin. Cossé-Brissac in a bed by one set of windows and Lucian by another.

The platinum blonde had just about fallen asleep when he heard his name being called in a loud accented whisper.

"Lucian are you awake?"

Lucian groaned softly, two blue eyes flickering open with some effort and no little annoyance. "Well I am now," he snapped, wondering what unholy time it was.

When the other boy complained at being bored, Lucian swore softly, sitting up to fluff his pillow with a bit more strength than was entirely necessary.

"I don't care," he hissed. "Shut up and be bored. I was sleeping." Lucian turned on his back to face away from where he knew the other boy lay. He closed his eyes hoping to drift back to sleep but it wasn't happening. He couldn't get comfortable and suddenly he was too hot.

Swearing again, Lucian turned over in bed again, and sat up, glaring at the other boy as he did so. "Thanks a lot, you wanker. Now I can't sleep either."
All because of you, I believe in angels…
N o t   t h e   k i n d   w i t h   w i n g s
no, not the kind with halos.

Guillaume Cossé-Brissac

(04/16/2017 at 04:37)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D5T5S5
    • View Profile
Guillaume had been known (- and more than mildly infamous) for his spoiled and forceful manners.  In resume, the blonde was nothing short of a force of nature - if he so wished. Sometimes, he could be completely clueless about personal space and matters, abruptly pushing his way in other people's lives. If he liked someone enough to even think they could be friends, be it on a not so distant future or not, then such traits only gotten worse. Unfortunaly, Lucian Grey was one of those rare kind of people.

Guillaume was not sure why he wanted to befriend the other blonde boy. Maybe it was because he could see so much of his previous self reflected at the other, except when it came down to Quidditch and handsomeness - because if there was two things Guillaume could never accept, those were Quidditch as a good thing and the mere idea of someone out there being prettier than him. Maybe a bit narcissistic of him, but whatever.

"Shut up and be bored. I was sleeping."

"Come on, do not be so méchant." He all but purred with tease, completely unfazed by his companion snarkiness. At the small silence that followed, he was getting rather inclined to just jump at the other boy bed as a mean of making his point.

"Thanks a lot, you wanker. Now I can't sleep either."

"You are welcome. Now raise and shine, chármant, let's play something." Guillaume sitted at his bed, legs tucked under him and a mischievous look in his face that was the telltale sign he was up to no good - he still wasn't sure about what he wanted them to play, but he would figure things out.

SLYTHERIN
don't tempt me

Lucian Grey

(04/17/2017 at 08:49)
  • C14D8T7S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Guillaume, as Lucian quickly learnt, was one of the most insufferable people he had ever met. He was spoilt and always had to have his way. It was only the fact that he seem to do it without malice, that Lucian put up with the French blonde at all. And yet the boy still seemed to worm his way into Lucian's life, despite all the snaps and sarcastic comments that Lucian threw at him. That in itself was impressive.

"Come on, do not be so méchant."

Lucian snorted at that and rolled his eyes to the ceiling. He could understand French tolerably well, having been tutored in the language by various governesses while growing up. His mother had been half French herself and had deemed that the language was a crucial part of his education. He had grown a little rusty since going to Hogwarts, but he still liked to think that he remembered most of it.

"Then stop being such une grosse chieuse," he snapped back with a glare.

"You are welcome. Now raise and shine, chármant, let's play something."

Lucian only grumbled under his breath then, silently sitting up in bed he reached over to push open the window next to his bed a little wider, spending a moment to look at the world outside that was bathed in moonlight. He was wearing a pair of dark green silk pajama bottoms, having decided that it had been too hot to wear the top.

"Alright then. Why don't we go outside? It's too hot in here." He supposed he wouldn't have minded a swim, but they would have to keep quiet if they didn't want to get caught.

Then an idea came to him and Lucian felt a playful smile grow on his lips and snorted softly, because if Guillaume was bored and wanted a game, he could jolly have one.

"I dare you to go to the Piglet cabins and steal their sign." He was of course referring to the one by the door that said "Trespassers Will". He would of course go with him on this night time adventure.
« Last Edit: 04/18/2017 at 03:29 by Lucian Grey »
HELL IS SOMETHING YOU CARRY AROUND WITH YOU

NOT SOMEWHERE YOU GO

Guillaume Cossé-Brissac

(04/19/2017 at 14:43)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D5T5S5
    • View Profile
The sulking of his roommate served only to amuse him. The platinum blonde haired boy seemed to be on a constant bad mood, being all snarky remarks and angry snaps.But maybe, just maybe, this was Guillaume's fault - yet, he regretted nothing. Rien de rien. Another fact that more than pleased him was that Lucian could understand his French fairly well ( - sometimes, he was rather tempted to use only his mother tongue while talking with the other boy.)

It wasn't like Guillaume was some sort of uncouth fool - despite the many that would like to say the opposite about him. Actually,as one who had been bred in the cream of the society, he had his fair share of tutoring in foreign languages ( - and putting effort enough into it, since it was one of the rare subjects he actually liked). So yes, Guillaume could deal with English well enough. Yet, it was quite hard to just switch off his first language, and sometimes he slipped into it without even noticing.

Not that it bothered him.

"Alright then. Why don't we go outside? It's too hot in here."..."I dare you to go to the Piglet cabins and steal their sign."

"Oh my, are you not a wicked thing, trying to make me break the rules? I am shocked."The french boy said in mocking tone, with a face of faux-despair. What to say, he always had a taste for drama. Truth be told, Guillaume would never understand the obsession of those people with teams. They divide themselves at school, divide themselves at their leisure  spaces and apparently at any other time they could - as if the natural barriers dividing society were not enough for them. It seems pointless and absurd - because, really, how can someone be called a 'Piglet' and feel pride for it? Unthinkable.

For him, it couldn't matter less  - wherever they decided to throw him, the blonde boy would still be himself. And about rules... Well, he hadn't received his infamy for nothing. Not to say that the said sign was pratically an invitation to go and do it.

"But dare accepted." He said while getting up, stretching on the tip of his toes like a lazy cat "Let's make those piggies squirm."

« Last Edit: 04/19/2017 at 14:48 by Guillaume Cossé-Brissac »

Lucian Grey

(04/21/2017 at 03:15)
  • C14D8T7S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"Oh my, are you not a wicked thing, trying to make me break the rules? I am shocked."

The melodramatic words were something that Lucian had gotten used to with Guillaume, but sometimes he couldn't help the smirk that played on his lips at them. He half expected the boy to fake a fainting spell, batting his forehead with the back of his hand, or something equally dramatic.

But at least Guillaume was entertaining at times, and he had gained at least some of Lucian's respect when he accepted the dare. Not that Lucian expected it to be particularly difficult to steal the sign. After all, how hard would it be for two boys to sneak around camp after dark to steal something that wasn't exactly being guarded by anything?

"Have you actually ever been shocked in your life," Lucian asked his roommate distractedly as he swung himself gracefully out of bed, changing his pajama bottoms for a pair of pants and a tshirt. His French cabin mate seemed rather laissez-faire about most things that Lucian couldn't quite picture it.

He moving quietly to the door of their cabin, quietly opening it to stare down the short hallway towards the stairs in consideration. The staircase was a noisy, wooden construction, full of creeks. He frowned and walked back to the window by his bed and looked at the ground below his window, judging the distance. It wasn't small, but it wasn't insurmountable he decided, and a quick study of it allowed him to see where he could possibly use his hands and place his feet with enough support to climb lower and jump from the lowest branch to the ground.

"Come on. The stairs will wake everyone," he said, gesturing at the way down from his window.

He went first, confidant that it was easy, only realizing half way that reaching the last branch was actually harder than he had anticipated, but still he made it, scraping his shirt against the rough bark in the process. Finally he jumped gracefully to the ground and looked up at his friend, clearly expecting him to follow.
« Last Edit: 04/21/2017 at 03:18 by Lucian Grey »
YOU DON'T NEED TO WORRY
I'M JUST FINE... I'VE JUST...

LOST MY MIND

Guillaume Cossé-Brissac

(04/23/2017 at 09:43)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D5T5S5
    • View Profile
"Have you actually ever been shocked in your life,"

Guillaume rolled the question in his mind for a bit, humming while changing his own clothes. The boy knew the answer for the question was yes - it was rare, but yet. If he had to an small list about it, then the first place would be disputed by two occasions. The first one, was after discovering how much he preferred, so to say, his friend Jean (-and other boys, as well) over girls. It wasn't like he hated girls - he kind of loved them, in his own way, but his snogs are aimed another way.

The second one, would be that afternoon not long ago were he discovered he wasn't really part of the Cossé-Brissac bloodline - a bastard, a pariah. Him, who have held his name in an altar of pride, and even now couldn't help but puff his chest while saying it. It seemed like a joke (- only that he didn't had the strengh to laugh about it). Regardless, none of those facts were ones he could actually share with Lucian. For his own good.

"Oui. Every single time your snores wake me at night" He said, eyes and voice filled with tease. It was sort of truth, anyway - by Merlin's beard, he could swear that the platinum blonde boy actually barked in his sleep. The first night they shared the cabin, when Guillaume had been jerked away from the arms of sleep, he had thought some dog had manage to invade.

Guillaume followed the movements of his accomplice with his eyes - he wouldn't even think about dare to try leading them somewhere. The hole house was made of wood, creeks sounding loud at minimum movement. Maybe they could use their brooms...But they didn't stayed at the cabin. When realization dawned him, the french boy cursed under his breath. "Oh, no no..." Lucian couldn't be really thinking that.

"Come on. The stairs will wake everyone,"

Lucian jumped out before Guillaume could complain, so he resigned himself to look down at the window and see his friend going from branch to branch like a glorified light blond monkey. If the french boy wasn't about to do the same, then he would pester Grey with this for the rest of his days. Grimmacing, Guillaume started his own climb down - his movements were quick but less steady than those of his companion. When finally reaching the ground, he had managed to somehow tear the side of his shirt and scrap his hand.

"The things i bear for love" He joked in a sing-song voice, holding his hand against his chest - almost as if it was a limb wounded in battle - and battering his long eyelashes like a damsel.

Well, they are out now - and Guillaume didn't wanted to think how they would get in, right now. Maybe he would try his luck in a piggy-back-ride with Lucian - a dare for a dare, right? But maybe it wouldn't be the safest choice...For him. The other boy would probably throw him down right when they reached the highest branches, just for marking a point. Whatever, they have things to do right now.

After all, there was no rest for the wicked.
« Last Edit: 04/24/2017 at 20:27 by Guillaume Cossé-Brissac »

Lucian Grey

(04/25/2017 at 15:35)
  • C14D8T7S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"Pfft. You should hear your own snores, mate," Lucian said, rolling his eyes at the other boy's comment. The teapot was very much calling the kettle black here. He was very sure that he did not snore! (Not that he knew of, anyway.) He did talk in his sleep sometimes, especially when he had bad dreams.

The thought of Guillaume being possibly afraid of leaving via the window hadn't even crossed his mind when Lucian had suggested the window. It had just made sense to use that way as an exit given that the stairs creaked.

"You'll be fine. You're tall," he said over his shoulder as he launched himself out of the window. It was a matter of fact. Guillaume had a good build. It wasn't because Lucian had been checking him out for the last few weeks or anything. Cause that would have been highly inappropriate.

And if Guillaume had second guessed his descent, Lucian hadn't known about it, because the boy simply jumped out the window right after him. Lucian hadn't realized the the climb down had been at all difficult for the French boy until they were both safely on the ground and he could see the torn shirt and the scrape across his hand.

"The things i bear for love!"

Lucian raised a perfect, blonde eyebrow and grinned at him. "If you're going to be bleeding in the name of love for me, you should at least let me buy you dinner first," he teased the wounded soldier next to him.

Lucian looked around in the moonlight, trying to figure out how to activate the drawbridge. It was hot enough to make a swim feel tempting, but he wasn't sure if it was a good idea due to the noise.

"Hmm. Do you know how to lower the bridge? If not, we might have to swim..."
« Last Edit: 04/25/2017 at 15:38 by Lucian Grey »

Guillaume Cossé-Brissac

(04/26/2017 at 18:28)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D5T5S5
    • View Profile
If you're going to be bleeding in the name of love for me, you should at least let me buy you dinner first,"

"Is this a promise? Oh, be still my heart." Guillaume answered with the same teaseness of before - and he wasn't even half-flirting, really ( - not that he would be bothered if that turned out to be the case.)

The area surrounding the Tiger's House was a lot different, during the night. The full moon - their only source of light in the otherwise undisturbed darkness - was shining bright above them, the night breeze was far better than the almost unbearable warmth inside the cabins and it was far from silent ( - the hustle of crickets, owls and other living creatures filling the night.)

I hope he can bark outside sleep, too Guillaume thought, doing herculean effort to restrain a laugh Might be useful if we found a werewolf. Not that the boy actually believed they could find such things - it was a Summer Camp, for Merlin's sake.

The drawbridge - and the moat - wasn't so far from them. He supposed, and hoped, that the bridge had to be activated manually, without magic ( - could the counselors use magic? If yes, it was damn unfair). Swimming also wouldn't be bad, the bare thought of sinking into fresh water turning quickly into temptation.

Hmm. Do you know how to lower the bridge? If not, we might have to swim..."

"There must be a handle or something out here- " he said, lost in thought while taking some seconds becoming used to his surroundings. They were in a fifty-fifty situation. It was bound to have some noise, in both choices, and the french boy suspected it was good sense for them to do things quickly - they didn't needed some other night prowler seeing them from the windows.

"Let's flip a coin." Guillaume said, almost as if it was an after thought, "Heads: we swim," He picked a knut from his pocket, laying it flat against his palm "Tails: the bridge."

Lucian Grey

(04/28/2017 at 10:32)
  • C14D8T7S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"Is this a promise? Oh, be still my heart."

Lucian chuckle at the melodrama in Guillaume's teasing. It was all fun and games at this point so he didn't think anything serious about it. "Yes. I'll take you out for dinner if you like," he rolled his eyes but smiled despite himself because Guillaume could be such a girl sometimes. Still he supposed that dinner with the other boy would be nothing short of entertaining. Perhaps when they were back at school they could make a trip to Hogsmeade together.

In all honesty, Lucian was very much enjoying being outside at night. For starters it was reasonably cooler outside and the sound of the crickets and other wild life was relatively peaceful. No one was about from the looks of things and he and Guillaume seemed like the only two souls who were up. He hoped that the other boy didn't spook easily. It would really be not completely unlike the French boy to suddenly yell bloody murder at the sound of a smallest rustle in the bushes from a small mouse or badger or other nocturnal woodland creature.

"There must be a handle or something out here- "

They were getting closer to the drawbridge and Lucian started looking for a place where the handle or perhaps a leaver might be. It couldn't have been activated by magic, he reasoned, because only the camp counselors could use magic here without breaking the rules. Which meant the bridge had to be accessible to them and all other underaged witches and wizards somehow. Not that it really mattered to Lucian. He swam often at Grey Manor and didn't mind going for a dip at all.

"Let's flip a coin. Heads: we swim. Tails: the bridge."

"Alright then. Toss the coin," Lucian said with a nod. Then he turned and smirked teasingly at Guillaume. "I'm surprised you're alright with swimming. I was half expecting something more like: Sacrebleu! I cannot swim! My 'air cannot get wet!"

Guillaume Cossé-Brissac

(04/29/2017 at 06:49)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D5T5S5
    • View Profile
With a flourish of the pale hand, the shiny coin was flipping in the air - landing again against the warm palm of the boy hand, the heads side turned upward. Guillaume peered at the result, also helding out his hand out so Lucian could see it too. "So, water it is." He  slide the knut back to his pocket before pacing lazily to the border of the moat. It shouldn't be very deep - probably - nor the home for any kind of creature - hopefully. The blonde boy would like to end this night adventure with his fingers in the place they are supposed to be, thank you.

"I'm surprised you're alright with swimming. I was half expecting something more like: Sacrebleu! I cannot swim! My 'air cannot get wet!"

" I know! Is such a pity, isn't it?!" The mourning was palpable in his voice, a sigh leaving his lips while he runned a pale hand through silk blonde ( - dry) strands. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad, since only Grey would be able to see him dripping miserably like a wet kitten - and the other boy had already seen him during his so-called bad mornings mood ( - that were, basically, his mood every single morning, without exceptions.) "-...But i actually like to swim, so." He shrugged his shoulders with nonchalance, offering no further explication. It was true, however - swimming around in the lake close to his family manor used to be one of the best parts of his summers.

Guillaume crouched down at the border of the moat, taking out his shoes first and then the black t shirt he had chosen before jumping out of the window - leaving both behind seemed like the best option, regardless of how much it hurted his feelings. Adieu, dear belongings the french boy thought, bidding his farewell to his things while trying to not grow any empty hope of them being there when they came back.

Seeing no use with testing water, Guillaume slided ( - surprisingly gracefully) inside the moat - groaning happily when his body was involved by blissed fresh water.

"Are you coming or not?"

SLYTHERIN
don't tempt me

Lucian Grey

(04/30/2017 at 15:44)
  • C14D8T7S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Lucian watched the French boy toss the coin into the air and catch it expertly. He held it out for Lucian to see and sure enough, heads.

"So water it is."

Lucian blue eyes flickered to the dark moat then, eying the water with some interest. It wasn't exactly terrible, but it wasn't as nice as the crystal clear flowing water of the stream by Pooh Sticks Bridge. Still, the coin had been tossed and the results were what they were. Maybe later they could go swim at in the river if they were still feeling hot.

"I know! Is such a pity, isn't it?! But I actually like to swim, so."

Lucian smirked at the thought of the other boy hair getting wet. It was amusing to picture, though of course living in the same cabin as Guillaume, he had already seen the boy in ways that most other people probably hadn't. For example, the unflattering images of him having just woken in the morning or the sight of him sleeping with his mouth wide open in the morning, dead to the world. It was all just part and parcel of being roommates with someone. What he hadn't known was that the boy liked to swim, but it meant that they had one more thing in common. "Do you? Well so do I. You should come over to Grey Manor sometime. We have a lovely pool."

He eyed the dark, stagnant water again, deciding he didn't quite like it, but decided it was too late to make a fuss. By the time he looked over at his companion, Guillaume had removed his tshirt, and Lucian started taking off his shoes as well.

"You just want to see me shirtless," he complained teasingly at the other boy. Tossing his own shirt and shoes next to the ones already at the edge of the moat, Lucian turned to watch as a topless Guillaume slid gracefully into the moat with a soft groan. It was strangely attractive, and Lucian felt a twinge of discomfort, making him hesitate. He was glad it was dark outside because his face felt slightly warm as he averted his blue eyes back to the pile of their clothes.

"Are you coming or not?"

Um...

Lucian shot Guillaume a measured look before sliding gracefully into the water next to him. He then swam past the boy to the other side, feeling more and more comfortable in the dark water as it relieved him of the discomfort of the warm evening. Finally reaching the other side, Lucian gracefully pulled himself up onto the bank with a push against the bottom.

Pushing the wet hair out of his eyes, Lucian looked over at his friend before looking around, making sure that no one had seen them.

"Come on. We better hurry before someone sees us."
« Last Edit: 04/30/2017 at 18:02 by Lucian Grey »

Guillaume Cossé-Brissac

(05/01/2017 at 22:03)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D5T5S5
    • View Profile
"Do you? Well so do I. You should come over to Grey Manor sometime. We have a lovely pool."

"First dinner, then a swim...-" Guillaume mused aloud, giving a crooked smile "Are you trying to earn some kind of favor, Grey?" Was said with faux outrage, despite his face leaving it clear that  he was actually pleased with the invitation - even a bit surprised, if he had to be honest. He had figured it would take more time and (pestering) effort for Grey to extend any kind of hospitality towards him. Well, maybe he had underestimated his own charm.

"You just want to see me shirtless,"

"Guilty as charged" Guillaume said in a flippant and shameless tone - it hadn't been his main intention, but he surely wouldn't complain of it as a consequence. Sometimes, he ( - surprisingly) wondered how much deep there was in the things they said. Guillaume himself never thought much about the consequences of his statements, and his teases were always bordering the realm of real possibilities. Yet, even him was aware that some kinds of of suppositions were better when not made. He didn't needed Lucian trying to punch him on the face because of some misplaced idea of wounded virility.

When he saw the obvious discomfort in his friend face, the  french boy feared he had botched things up again.It was well past time for him to learn when he should keep his damn mouth shut. Even when the other boy finally joined him in the water, the unusual feeling of not knowing of what he was supposed to do or say bugged his mind.

"Come on. We better hurry before someone sees us."

Guillaume followed without comment, for once strangely quiet.

Lucian Grey

(05/02/2017 at 05:46)
  • C14D8T7S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"First dinner, then a swim... Are you trying to earn some kind of favour, Grey?"

Lucian flashed a wicked smile. It turned out that Guillaume was someone who could banter just as well as he could and he had to admit that he enjoyed it. It wasn't like their banter had to mean anything at all (or so he told himself). Two people were surely allowed to enjoy innocent witticisms, and Guillaume clearly had enough brain cells to rub together, which was more than could be said of most people.

"And maybe I am," he said archly. "After all, everyone knows that's how you play the game."

And of course by "the game" he meant the ruthless game of elites. The ruthless one-upmanship of it all that highlighted the benefits and dangers of alliances, or of favours and being in someone's debt.

"Guilty as charged."

Lucian smirked at that, rolling his eyes because he clearly didn't think Guillaume was being serious.

The feeling of discomfort that Lucian had experienced had nothing to do with any of the playful banter that they had shared between them. It hadn't even been triggered by the other boy at all. Instead it had come from Lucian himself. He had watched appreciatively as his friend enter the water and realizing it had caused him to flush. He had been thankful for the darkness then. He wouldn't have been able to explain why he was suddenly blushing.

When they had both reached the other side and Lucian had had a chance to look around, his eyes flickered ahead to the way they needed to go. Guillaume was oddly quiet and Lucian wasn't sure if it was because he had noticed Lucian staring at him earlier. He honestly didn't want to think about it for fear of the winding twists and turns of his own mind that so easily could complicate their friendship. It was best to ignore it completely and pretend nothing happened, though the desire to ask what was wrong burned on his tongue like an Acid Pop.

Mentally taking his own advice, Lucian lead them silently onward, picking the quickest way towards the Piglet cabins. Everything looked different in the darkness, but finally he could see the cabins in a distance. He was just about to keep walking when there was a muffled sound to their left.

He panicked a little (and would certainly never admit to it later) and quickly shoved the other boy into a nearby bush and practically falling on top of him in the process to hide them both. The sound of shuffling steps walked past and Lucian's eyes widened as he held his breath, hoping that Guillaume stayed quiet.
« Last Edit: 05/02/2017 at 06:05 by Lucian Grey »

Guillaume Cossé-Brissac

(05/03/2017 at 03:22)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D5T5S5
    • View Profile
That was it, he and his mouth had ruined things once again. He would approach the topic then, make things (-half) clear. Or, at least, that was what he wanted to do. For once, Guillaume had no idea about how starting a conversation - should he put it boldly? Should he tether himself at the border of subtlety? Should he just shrug it off, and pretend it has never happened? As a coward, he chooses the later (lying for himself in his mind, saying it would be just an small delay).

Yet, his tongue - and his mind - were burning with unspoken words.

That almost unbearable awakard silent settles between them like a heavy blanket, the space filled only by the night noises. The camp seemed like a complete new place at night - and if Guillaume already had a hard time finding his way around during the day, then he didn't even want to imagine how it could be to actually get lost during nightime. Just for safety, he makes sure to remain sticked to Lucian's side.

His friend, at the other hand, seemed to have to no qualms with the darkness - at least, he was pacing with sure enough steps for Guillaume to assume that was the case. Wasn't for that damn tension, he probably would throw a line or two about knights in shining armors or something. Corners, climbs, trees, everything looked exactly like the place they have been before - although it didn't take long for their intended target get in his sight line.

The surprise, however, came in the form of Lucian tackling him to the ground - an undignified sound leaving his lips during their fall, not that he would ever admit. They landed in the dirty ground with a dry, almost inaudible thump ( - probably from his head hitting slightly against a protuding tree root).

"What are you doing?!"  The french boy murmured - voice low since they're so close to the other team cabin - while massaging his head. Merlin's beard, he betted it would callous. Something wasn't right. Lucian was too still, too quiet. The push had also been so sudden.

Guillaume was almost opening his mouth again when something else made a noise, not very far from them. It wasn't a murmur, nor chuckle and not even a growl. Heck, he was not sure what he could call it.

It was something like... something like a gurgle

« Last Edit: 05/03/2017 at 03:39 by Guillaume Cossé-Brissac »

Lucian Grey

(05/03/2017 at 05:24)
  • C14D8T7S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Guillaume stuck to his side as they snuck through the camp grounds and Lucian had been grateful that the other boy hadn't said anything, though he too felt awkward because of the oppressive silence. To keep the edge off his nerves, he kept their pace fast - as fast as possible while maintaining their stealth.

At the surprise of being tackled to the ground, Guillaume had practically yelped in surprise and Lucian had hastily put a hand over the other boy's mouth. Shooting him a warning glare to be quiet before removing his hand.

"What are you doing?!"

"Sush," he hissed sternly, convinced that the French boy was going to get them killed or caught. "Someone's coming."

As the French boy massaged his own head, Lucian attempted to peer through the leaves of the bush in order to see what was coming.  He doubted the boy had hit his head that badly, and he told himself that he didn't care either way, because he wasn't going to be all soft after the awkwardness by the moat earlier.

Lucian was about to turn around to look at his friend when he heard the shuffling steps and a chilling sound that he couldn't identify. Blue eyes flew wide open in shock and he begged Merlin and all the famous wizards of the past that Guillaume didn't decided to start talking again now.

Lucian peered through the trees, trying his hardest to see what it was. It didn't sound like a person. But hell, it didn't sound like any creature he knew or read about either. Finally, once it seemed to have passed them with enough distance, Lucian rose to one knee, hoping to get a better view.

"What the bloody hell was that?" His voice was a low hiss of confusion and alarm. "Come on. We should move in case it comes back."

Guillaume Cossé-Brissac

(05/03/2017 at 06:37)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D5T5S5
    • View Profile
"Sush,"  "Someone's coming."

He was rather tempted to bite the hand closing around his mouth. Flashing a sullen glance at Lucian, awkwardness momentarily forgot - he could have done the decency of warning, instead of pulling them both to the ground. Also, the platinum blonde was sort of heavy. He was just falling into temptation to close his teeth in the soft palm when Lucian's hand leaved his lips.

And then, the sound.

Guillaume freezed after hearing that chilling, unsettling sound - a thing that made the hairs at his neck stand up. What in heavens had been that thing? It couldn't be human, of this he was sure, but he also couldn't think of any kind of animal capable of doing that. But it couldn't be dangerous.

Right?

The also dark blonde boy tried to peer through the bushes, seeing nothing but leaves, roots and the spotless dark night. Whatever it was - whatever it could be - it had gone away. For how long, he couldn't say.

"What the bloody hell was that?"

"As if i could know!" Guillaume hissed in the same tone of the other boy, lifting up a bit to try to get a better look of their surroundings. However, there was nothing in sight, they were alone.

"Come on. We should move in case it comes back."

Guillaume only hummed, still not convinced. Anyway, the sooner they did their business, the sooner they could go back to their cabin - and away from whatever was out there. So, he just followed behind in Lucian's tracks again, even if they were so close to the house it shouldn't be necessary anymore. The moon shone right against their path, stark light against entirely spotless darkness. A contrast.

Yet, it wasn't the moon that drew his attention. It was the ground.

There was...markings on it - like footprints, only that very smaller. He had already seem them somewhere, if he could only remember...

"Lucian" He started, in a hurried whisper " I think we found a woozle."

Lucian Grey

(05/03/2017 at 16:14)
  • C14D8T7S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
“As if I could know!”

Lucian looked at the other boy as he tried to sit up, moving a bit to allow him to move better. It worried him that neither of them could identify the strange thing that had moved past them. He could literally still feel the hairs on his body standing on end. The camp site was supposed to be safe. No one had mentioned anything about real dangerous beasts around the area. Sure, Heffalumps and Woozles and all that nonsense – but those things just weren’t real and everyone knew that. Right?

Guillaume didn’t look at all convinced when Lucian had suggested that they moved before it came back. Lucian took the lead once more, getting them closer to the Piglet cabins until the sign was in plain sight, a mere seven or eight metres away. So focused on the sign – their ultimate goal – that Lucian hadn’t noticed the tracks until the dark blonde boy pointed them out.

"Lucian, I think we found a woozle."

Lucian looked at the familiar tracks, through where he had seen them too he couldn’t say. They reminded him of those in the snowy place where he had kissed Chloe, but then again those that had been in the snow could have been his tracks as well…

“Don’t be silly,” he hissed. “Woozles don’t exist. Not really. It’s just some nonsense they made up for camp.”

He didn’t know what the creature was, but it couldn’t have been a Woozle. Surely he would have read about them somewhere if such animals actually existed. And maybe Care of Magical Creatures wasn’t his favourite subject, but he would have heard of them somewhere if they had been real. Right? Still, he’d rather not take the chances just in case it happened to be a camp counsellor or someone else who could get them into trouble.

He led them behind a tall tree a safe distance from the cabins. The sign was just on the other side of a small patch of grass, though the open space felt vast indeed at the moment, considering an unknown creature lurked in the dark.

“Look. The sign is just there. Quick. Go get it, and then we can head back,” he instructed.

Guillaume Cossé-Brissac

(05/05/2017 at 01:13)
  • Sixth Year
  • C6D5T5S5
    • View Profile
Don't be silly,”“Woozles don't exist. Not really. It's just some nonsense they made up for camp.”

"I know" Guillaume was aware that he make be looking like a fool, talking about woozles like they were something real- because, really, who could believe in such nonsense? If such creatures had ever existed, them for sure they would have heard of it outside of the Camp. And yet.

"Is just that...Ah, forget it." The blonde boy shook his head, trying to send away those ridiculous thoughts.Woozles weren't real. And whatever that things was, it wasn't there anymore, anyway.

Focusing again in the mission he had in hands, the french boy made his way to the Piglet's House - he supposed they were lucky that, unlike their own Camp House, the Piglet's was set at ground level. The entrance was a pink door nestled at the base of a large trunk, the telltale sign hanged against it.

It had been easier to get the thing than he had thought it would be, the wood slab ripped of the door without much effort - and, what was more important, without any sound to draw unwanted attention.

Turned back to where he had left Lucian, Guillaume waved the wood sign in the air as if it was a prize while wagging his eyebrows meaningfully. Oh, he could imagine the ruckus this small mischief of them would cause.

The french boy had just started to walk back to Lucian when that sound apparead again. And it was closer.

Lucian Grey

(05/05/2017 at 06:03)
  • C14D8T7S8
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
"I know. It's just that... Ah, forget it."

Lucian watched the French boy shake his head as if to shake away the ridiculous notion of woozles. Despite his earlier words he understood Guillaume's frustration because what on earth was that thing?! It didn't seem like anything else he had seen or read about ever, and he had read about a lot. Still, the French boy was right. It had passed them and had hopefully disappeared to never come back. If he was going to have nightmares about woozles he was going to regret this entire night.

If Lucian had been expecting any protests from Guillaume about going to fetch the sign alone, he didn't show it. Instead he crouched behind the tree, watching as his friend inched closer and slowly made his way towards the sign.

"Come on... come on..." he muttered under his breath as he watched Guillaume reach up for the wooden sign, finally taking it off the door. "Yes!" He hissed softly, raising his fist in a victory air pump as Guillaume waved the sign at him from the other side of the open space.

Then he heard it. The gurgling sound, the shuffling steps. Only this time it was closer and blue eyes shot wide open as the creature stepped out from behind a nearby tree that was just behind Guillaume.

Lucian felt his breath catch, his lungs refusing to cooperate until-

"RUUUUUN!!"

Lucian rushed towards his friend, taking the sign from him and throwing the large piece of wood at the creature's head before grabbing the French boy's hand and jerking him forward into a full speed sprint through the camp. He wasn't sure if he had managed to hit the creature but it had been practically within reach of them.

Running for his life, Lucian's footfalls came crashing through camp, his focus only on running and leaving that thing far behind them.

"Quick! Under the Pooh Sticks bridge," he hissed urgently as the came to the structure, hurrying into the water immediately in an attempt to get them under the bridge.

Maybe the creature would lose sight of them and give up the chase. Maybe the water would hide their scent. They would just have to take their chances.
« Last Edit: 05/05/2017 at 06:12 by Lucian Grey »

Tags: