As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: Player of the Week '50!  (Read 185 times)

Clinton Litchfield

(04/11/2017 at 12:51)
  • Director of Camp Loki
  • C6D20T7S6
  • ['46-'47] Journalist of the Term ['47-'48] Journalist of the Term [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Player of the Week!
Summer 1945

Every summer, the Mod Squad convenes and nominates one new player each week to the honour of Player of the Week! These new members have seriously impressed the summer counsellors, and we hope to see them around for many terms to come!
we take the pressure and we throw away
conventionality belongs to yesterday
there is a chance that we can make it so far
we start believing now that we can be who we are

Clinton Litchfield

(04/11/2017 at 12:53)
  • Director of Camp Loki
  • C6D20T7S6
  • ['46-'47] Journalist of the Term ['47-'48] Journalist of the Term [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Week 1: Leonora Pendelson!
From the Mod Squad:

First impressions can be tricky in our boards. While those of us here judging have the benefit of practice, reading everyone else's writing and framing ours in a way that others would like, I definitely sympathize for the new people on the board that are doing so without the benefit of hindsight. Despite that, Lene completely shocked me with just how good her single post was (Yes, to me. I'm biased. Leave it. Go read it.) Really, to the point when I am considering going back and editing it so it does not look so terrible by comparison. Joking aside, I was extremely impressed by her character application and was ecstatic to start threading with her. If this was the first try here at Hoggies, I cannot imagine how great her writing will be next summer.
--Adrian Alric

It's always so awesome to see brand new players getting right into the thick of things, and Leonora has been awesome to watch! She's already begun laying down the foundations for her amazing character in plot pages and the infamous Char!Facts, and I'm stoked to see where she'll go and what she'll do next, not to mention the kinds of mayhem she'll cause when the castle opens next term. I can't wait to get to know her and her character better!
--Helen Kane

It's always nice to see a new player go into such depth with their very first character. Leonora is such a complex character and its impressive how much detail her player has figured out in such a short period of time. Can't wait to read more!
--Iola Ricardus

About Leonora:

What shall we call you? Do you have any favorite nicknames? I go by Lily, no nicknamed specified! I'll respond to almost anything, so feel free to call me whatever

How did you find HSNet? Aimless googling with the intent of finding a good Harry Potter site. I’ve been roleplaying on and off for a while. Recently, I'd stayed away from forums for at least half a year, but no matter how many times I leave, the world of roleplay always finds a way to pull me back in.

What made you decide to join? First off, the site is pretty. Besides that, it just looked like a good time! I had yet to join a large, very developed roleplay site like this one. I thought it was time to give it a try.

Which book is your favorite in the series? Hmmm… I think I’d have to say the Goblet of Fire.

Who is your favorite character from the books? Mrs.Weasly, for sure. She’s… amazing.

Who are you most excited to roleplay with, that you haven't yet? Personally, I’d happily throw myself at any and all members. I feel odd naming just one, but I do have a soft spot in my heart for particularly angsty characters.

What is one thread that everyone should read this very instant? Why? I have to choose? I don't think it's even possible for me to pick a favorite, and not just because I’m ridiculously indecisive. I have such a deep love and appreciation for all different types of writing styles. Can I recommend everything?

What is one thing about Leonora that no one knows? She’s probably one of the most self-conscious ball of nerves you’ll ever meet, even if she makes it impossible to see. She runs on other peoples validation validation validation.

What is one thing about Leonora that everyone should know? Her hair. She loves it. Compliment it, and her heart is yours.

What are you most excited about for when term begins? I’m very interested to see what house Lene winds up in! I’m also excited for Lene to really get invested in Hogwarts, explore the castle, get used to life at a new school, meet more people, etc.

Any last words?
Talk to me! I tend to be rather shy, so if I’m not the chattiest person, don’t take it personally! I’d love to have a conversation with each and everyone of you (hint: sara barellis and musical theatre tend to be my favorite weaknesses)
coming to your house, knocking at your door
you're my first sip of wine. you cool me, cool me down
left your clothes next to the bed, some pretty pictures in my head
i hope you had a great summer, a great summer away

Clinton Litchfield

(04/17/2017 at 15:06)
  • Director of Camp Loki
  • C6D20T7S6
    • View Profile
Week 2: Lucian Grey!
From the Mod Squad:

Just look at this dude. I'm absolutely in love with the character, who fits the appeal of a perfect pureblood prat just perfectly, but reading his application opened up a unique character that takes what you'd expect from a Pureblood Heir and twists in some new and interesting ideas. The player has jumped into the site like an old pro, creating and replying to open threads, posting in plot pages, and signing up for Quidditch. It's exactly what you'd hope from a new player. I think we can expect great things from Lucian. And seriously, bruh, please be friends with Reggie.
--Reggie Graham

Lucian has hit the ground running like the Usain Bolt of forum-RPing. He's barely been here a week and has not at all been shy; already super involved, comfortable approaching other players to thread/plot with (ready with thread ideas and direction for character development!), and super super nice to boot. I'm really impressed with the way Lucian has taken to the site. And the cherry on top? Well, just go read some of his threads and see for yourself. Great work, Lucian!
--Icarus Argabright

Lucian is everything you could hope for in a new player—already super active and engaged, with a great foundation for character development and plenty of plots already in the works. I can't wait to read more!
--Euphemia Vane

About Lucian:

What shall we call you? Do you have any favorite nicknames?
My name's Martina but I usually go by Marty. :)

How did you find HSNet?
I found all you lovelies by Google search actually.  ^_^ This site was nominated as one of the best and oldest HP rpgs so I decided to register.

What made you decide to join?
Well, I hadn't rp-ed in a board in a really long time and I was kind of missed the plotting and the writing. But I also recently have been rereading HP again and just realized how much I missed that too.

Which book is your favorite in the series?
Order of the Phoenix! I think it's because the troops are still being rallied. No one really is dead yet (until the end) and there is so much to lose and so many possibilities still open.

Who is your favorite character from the books?
It's a toss up between Sirius and Hermione. But I guess I'd have to go with Hermione because we see her more throughout the books. I love her fire and her bossiness and how much of a ridiculous brainiac she is.

Who are you most excited to roleplay with, that you haven't yet?
Everyone!!! XD
It's hard to call out anyone and everyone on the site writes so well. I guess if I had to, most immediately it would be Fish because we have made plans to thread but haven't yet.

What is one thread that everyone should read this very instant? Why?
Ooo. I'm too new to have a favorite thread. So far I've only completed one and the rest are still ongoing.

What is one thing about Lucian that no one knows?
I guess sometimes he questions if he's really as straight as he says he is.

What is one thing about Lucian that everyone should know?
That he's kind of an arrogant jerk. He's all soft on the inside deep down, but you need a mining drill and a lot of commitment to get there.

What are you most excited about for when term begins?
To get Lucian sorted! Woo! And probably to explore the castle and Hogsmeade. (Omg Honeydukes!)

Any last words?
Come talk to me about plots! I'm kind of shy and I tend to stick and talk to the same people without leaving my comfort zone.
i see a mansard roof through the trees
i see a salty message written in the eaves
the ground beneath my feet, the hot garbage and concrete
and now the tops of buildings, i can see them too

Clinton Litchfield

(04/25/2017 at 08:19)
  • Director of Camp Loki
  • C6D20T7S6
    • View Profile
Week 3: Rosalind Ashby!
From the Mod Squad:

Rosalind stole my heart from day one - facing everything head-on she's not afraid to jump into threads, start her own, come hang out with us in Main Chat, post her introduction and charfacts, or ask questions about the sometimes quite confusing universe that is Hoggies. Already with an impressively cut-out character at hand, Rosalind is loads of fun to thread with, creative and lively, and I'm super excited to see where she goes once the Castle opens and from there on!
--Fish Weiland

Rosalind has jumped in with both feet and has already made her presence know. She's an interesting, well thought out character with loads of promise, and I can't wait to see how she develops at the castle.
--Euphemia Vane

Rosalind has really jumped into the site, as everyone else has said, taking a new angle with her character by trying to synthesize the new film with our existing universe. It's not an easy task! But I think she's done well with it so far, and I'm excited to see how she develops later at the castle.
--Tobias Mandrake

About Rosalind:

Well, I had figured people would call me Rosalind or Rose, but now I'm just Rosa to everyone. Or 'That Girl That Hoards Gold Stars'

How did you find HSNet?

I was looking through toprpsites.com and it popped out to me. Good thing I clicked that link!

Uhh... Despite my absolute nerdiness that envelopes anything and everything Harry Potter related? I love roleplaying & Fanfiction and this seems like the best of both worlds.

I find myself picking the Half-Blood Prince up again and again. Even just to read that one chapter where Harry and Ginny get together. I literally squeal every time I read it.

Luna. She's so extra and embraces it. I'd never be able to do that. She sees and understands that she's different, but doesn't try to change herself or others.

EVERYBODY. I'm still hashing Rosalind's self out so honestly any type of person would be great to help bring her out of her shell. Or bubble. Depends on who you talk to.

Of mine? I'd say Tir Na Nog. It's so fun bantering with Lucian & Rosalind's already given away a lot of her and her sister's history. (Fun Fact: Tir Na Nog is Gaelic for Land of Light, the Celtic realm of Faeries)

What is one thing about Rosalind that no one knows?

She's gay. Irrefutably, totally, irreversibly gay out of her mind. She does deny this however, since her Father has made it plain that he does not approve of that sort of 'behavior'. And Rosalind can't do anything that would upset her Father. Who would she have left?

What is one thing about Rosalind that everyone should know?

If you harm or mock her pet rat, Pesto, you will wake up in a bed of rats. Or bugs. Or mud. It depends on how much energy she feels you're worth exerting over.

Fights with Rosalind's sister, Bailey. Rosalind has never had to hold herself back when it comes to her baby sister, but now she might have to find out the hard way that not everyone shares her opinions on blood-traitors.

Any last words?

Shadows. Secrets. Pesto.
« Last Edit: 04/25/2017 at 12:10 by Clinton Litchfield »

Clinton Litchfield

(05/03/2017 at 10:57)
  • Director of Camp Loki
  • C6D20T7S6
    • View Profile
Week 4: Chastity O'Connor!
From the Mod Squad:

From posting in plotters, joining threads and getting involved in the infirmary and the various events at camp, Chastity has shown a tremendous amount of drive to integrate herself into the Hoggies as much as she can-- and I've got to commend her for her tenacity! Her character is mutli-layered and undeniably interesting, and I can't wait to see what Chastity will do, and where she'll go next term at the castle. I'm absolutely keen to thread with her and see how Chastity will develop over the coming terms-- A very warm welcome!
--Helen Kane

I've been seeing Chastity around Summer, and am excited to see more of her going into term. She'd been eager to jump in, not only creating threads and posting in open threads, but writing with such talent that I feel like I have to step up my game! She's also keeping up with plot pages and posting to get more threads, and diving head first into the little games around site like Chartifacts. I think we can expect a lot from her in the coming term, and I can't wait!
--Reggie Graham

This girl is doing super well in getting herself involved. She's done some obviously thought through Char!facts and posted in people's plot pages, but she's also managed to produce some really well written posts that give insight to a clearly defined, and surprisingly deep pureblood character. Needless to say, this is someone I'm going to have to keep my eye on, and I'm excited to see how Chastity develops in the future.
--Fish Weiland

About Chastity:

When RPing with Chastity, it's probably a good idea to call her Miss O'Connor or Miss Chastity. She's a stickler for rules! Once she's warmed up to you, maybe a nickname... I think Chas or Connie would be cute!

How did you find HSNet?
I don't even remember... probably a random googling inspired by boredom!

It seemed so though out and there were so many members!

That's really hard to choose.... I feel like every time I read them I find something else I'm excited about! Maybe right now the first because ickle little characters!

Hermione, without a doubt. I know it's typical, but she showed me it was okay to be smart and book obsessed and that even if some people dislike you for it, you just have to be yourself.

Collin, Chastity's little brother! I can't believe we haven't done a thread yet!

I don't know. I enjoyed writing for the Friendship Carnival, though.

What is one thing about Chastity that no one knows?
She's obsessed with chocolate! Her mother really doesn't approve, unfortunately!

What is one thing about Chastity that everyone should know?
Once you get past her somewhat cold demeanor, she's really quite caring.

So much! Taking classes and hospital wing and Spellbound and everything!

Any last words?
I'm always up to thread with anybody!!!

Tags: