Participate in our 20th birthday challenge!

Author Topic: Player of the Week!  (Read 549 times)

* Clinton Litchfield

(08/16/2016 at 21:13)
  • Director of Camp Loki & Head of Hufflepuff
  • C6D28T7S6
  • ['46-'47] Journalist of the Term ['47-'48] Journalist of the Term [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Player of the Week!
Summer 1948

Every summer, the Mod Squad convenes and nominates one new player each week to the honor of Player of the Week! These new members have seriously impressed the summer counselors, and we hope to see them around for many terms to come!

All credit for this entire thread goes to the wonderful Viola Ross. I literally just recycled this from her thread last term.
« Last Edit: 08/27/2016 at 19:52 by Clinton Litchfield »
i see a mansard roof through the trees
i see a salty message written in the eaves
the ground beneath my feet, the hot garbage and concrete
and now the tops of buildings, i can see them too

* Clinton Litchfield

(08/16/2016 at 21:18)
  • C6D28T7S6
  • ['46-'47] Journalist of the Term ['47-'48] Journalist of the Term [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Week One: Bridget Mabry!
From the Mod Squad!

It was really cool to see her jump in and get down and dirty so quickly. While I (sadly) haven't read any of her threads yet, I'm excited to do so. --Mavis Lerner

She's been really enthusiastic and it's lovely to see her delve right into the site within such a short amount of time. I look forward to seeing more of her around Hoggies! --Rin Hunter

Add another voice to the resounding chorus--Bridget is an interesting, complex character, and she's already making her presence known. --Charley Sinclair

About Bridget!

What shall we call you? Do you have any favorite nicknames?
My name is Jena, but if Bridget is easier that's fine too! Jen could be a variant of Jena, I suppose also?

How did you find HSNet?
I was scrolling through a "other sites" topic on another one of my role playing sites and there was a link to HSNet along with a description of the plot. I was intrigued, so here I am.

What made you decide to join?
I've been on other Harry Potter World related  sites, but I felt like the constant activity of HSNet and the plot would keep me coming back for more.

Which book is your favorite in the series?
Oh gosh. All of them? I enjoyed the Goblet of Fire and the Deathly Hallows a lot, though.

Who is your favorite character from the books?
Ginny, hands down. Anything is possible if you've got enough nerve.

Who are you most excited to roleplay with, that you haven't yet?
Everyone,  I think. I enjoy reading everyone's different styles and think that we will make some awesome plots during the rest of the summer and during term.

What is one thread that everyone should read this very instant? Why?
I'm quite proud of the Mirella/Bridget friendship action going on in small talk is boring but any of the threads here are awesome, especially those with lots of drama.

What is one thing about Bridget that no one knows?
Bridget is horrified of failure, which is obvious if you read what I write about her, but maybe not obvious to everyone in camp. Her favorite color is forest green, also.

What is one thing about Bridget that everyone should know?
Everyone should know that she wants to find something that she excels in and enjoys. She wants friendships, but also wants to figure out her purpose in the world.

What are you most excited about for when term begins?
I'm excited for all the plotting that will inevitably take place!

Any last words?
I don't think so? PM me if you want to thread or plot!
« Last Edit: 08/18/2016 at 23:57 by Clinton Litchfield »
i've got sunshine on a cloudy day
when it's cold outside i've got the month of may
i've got so much honey the bees envy me
i've got a sweeter song than the birds in the trees

* Clinton Litchfield

(08/24/2016 at 13:19)
  • C6D28T7S6
    • View Profile
Week Two: Helena Harkiss!
From the Mod Squad!

Her most notable feat is probably that she's already taken on Quidditch, which can be overwhelming at best, especially for new players, and that she's actively thrown herself into the plotting scene. Despite having someone on the inside (her sister Maggie), she's also adopted from one of the pre-established families, which most new members don't realize they can do until they've spent a good amount of time on the site. --Kennedy Litchfield

Helena is a legacy! It's great to see new people brought in by established players, and Helena jumped right in. She wrote a great intro, posted a plot page, joined quidditch, and has been actively threading all summer. I'm looking forward to seeing what she does at the castle. --Edmund Wolffe

She's done so much already in such a short time, and has already established herself firmly into our site family. She's absolutely lovely to talk to, will be a wonderful addition to the castle, and I can't wait to thread with her myself. --Clinton Litchfield

About Helena!

Sinny is just fine, although I do go by Sin as well.

How did you find HSNet?
My annoyingly wonderful older sister Sammy/Maggie decided it would be a great idea for me to join.

I've always liked to RP, although I haven't been doing anything other than writing fanfic lately. It sounded fun so I decided to give it a shot while I still had time during the summer.

This is very hard to decide, but it is probably Deathly Hallows or Order of the Phoenix.

Ron and Hermione. Especially if they're together.

Everyone?? That I haven't RP'd with yet??

Maggie has a great thread going on with Jamie and Ed called Lapses of Judgement. It's well written and a lot of fun just to see what happens.

What is one thing about Helena that no one knows?
Although it may not seem like it, she's trying very very hard to make friends and be more sociable. Maybe she's trying too hard, but Helena also has a bad habit of doing that as well.

What is one thing about Helena that everyone should know?
She loves her family farm to bits, and will defend it until the very end. Please do not mess with her or her farm.

Starting to really get into more RP and all that fun stuff :)

Any last words?
I hope everyone has a good day <3
i've got sunshine on a cloudy day
when it's cold outside i've got the month of may
i've got so much honey the bees envy me
i've got a sweeter song than the birds in the trees

* Clinton Litchfield

(08/27/2016 at 18:41)
  • C6D28T7S6
    • View Profile
Week Three: Marina Lamont!
From the Mod Squad!

She joined our Hobbits Open Thread! So that is a huge checkmark in my book. And she seems super friendly and wonderfully sweet. Marina also started this wonderful open thread which I am also stalking (= New players that participate in events as well as taking initiative on the board is super awesome to see and that's what Marina has done thus far. --Maggie Harkiss

Marina is an adorable character and I've really enjoyed reading her posts.. I can't wait to see what she gets up to at the castle! --Mavis Lerner

Seconding everyone's comments, and adding that as a fellow oldie-turned-newbie it can be tough! Based on what she's done so far I think that we will see a very active player in Marina, especially once term starts. --Edmund Wolffe

About Marina!

Ari's fine, though some of my friends do call me Teddy!

How did you find HSNet?
I can’t remember how I found it the first time. 10 years ago, I was an over-zealous teenager joining all the RPGs I could find. Eventually, my real-life angst shoved aside my written angst and I went on to deal with university, relationships, and the like. Finding HSNet again was the hard part. I kept googling old URLs, assuming they somehow would have stayed the same. Then remembered the summer camp, so I tried googling a Hogwarts summer camp set in some year of the past (I had no idea if you'd even caught up to the modern day or not) and voilà! There it was!

Of all the RPGs I played during my high school years, this one stood out the most. When I got my muse back, this was the very first place I thought of, but I was so afraid that it might not exist anymore. The people here are so friendly, and the quality of writing is better here than I’ve seen anywhere else. The whole system that surrounds the passage of time, the rules that encompass magic, Quidditch, dueling and the like also allow for an organized, convincing, believable universe.

The Goblet of Fire, by far! It takes the wizarding world, which was once limited to Hogwarts and Diagon Alley, and turns it into a full-fledged universe.

Although there are so many to choose from, Luna Lovegood has a special place in my heart. I’ve had actual arguments with people who dared say she shouldn’t be in Ravenclaw. There’s more to intelligence than being able to quote a textbook.

Everyone! Really, there are so many great writers and interesting characters I want Marina to meet. But if I have to be more specific, I guess I’d really like for Marina to start making friends (and enemies) her own age to get a few long-term plots going.

If you want to see Marina in all her glory, go to this thread! I had so much fun writing it, and reading Edmund’s responses to Marina's odd behavior.

What is one thing about Marina that no one knows?
Though it’s fairly obvious by now that Marina is overjoyed to finally be a part of the wizarding world, people may not know how much she hopes to leave her mark on it. For now, she’s just scared to get off on the wrong foot and have that mark be an ugly one, but she hopes to one day be remembered for the right reasons.

What is one thing about Marina that everyone should know?
Although Marina has been really jittery in her appearances throughout camp, she’s not always such a bundle of nerves. Though she’ll always be shy to start with, Marina can be quite a chatterbox and a goofball.

I really can’t wait to see which house Marina gets sorted into. And I’m excited for classes. And surprise events, if there are any. I’m worried Marina’s excitement may be rubbing off on me!

Any last words?
I’m incredibly happy to be here.
what's that playing on the radio
why do i start swaying to and fro
i have never heard that song before,
but if i don't hear it anymore

* Clinton Litchfield

(08/29/2016 at 21:30)
  • C6D28T7S6
    • View Profile
Week Four: Helen Kane!
From the Mod Squad!

Hel is such a fun character, and an awesome addition to the board. She hasn't hesitated to start plotting and establishing relationships, has already jumped into several threads and posted an open one of her own! She's engaging AND engaged, and exactly the sort of player this board needs. --Charley Sinclair

Helen is shaping up to be such an enthusiastic and energetic player on the site. She jumped right in and gave some great plot ideas not just for me but many other characters on the site! Can't wait to see what she gets up to next term! --Maggie Harkiss

What I've said for the previous three Players of the Week applies doubly for Helen--granted, that's not to say all four of them aren't all incredibly talented and eager to get started here on site! Helen has gone above and beyond the typical new member norms. She's posted an intro herself and posted in others; she joined Quidditch and Infirmary, and has actively participated in both; she's started threads with plenty of established players on site and has also reached out to some of the newer members, helping them integrate further into the site themselves. Her character is bright and bubbly and feels like a breath of fresh air--as is her personality OOC, too! --Kennedy Litchfield

About Helen!

What shall we call you? Do you have any favorite nicknames? I'm Sophia- but you may call me Soph, or Shorty (the last being an affectionate nickname- I have very tall friends). Alternatively- get creative! There's not many nickname-y variations of my name out there ;D

How did you find HSNet? I was googling a bunch of roleplaying sites to join as a hobby- I created accounts on a couple but this site reeled me in like a fish on a hook and refused to let me go.

What made you decide to join? The incredible hospitality shown by all the players here! From day one I was invited to the groupchat (which is an experience in itself) and challenged to make plot-pages and trackers, and join as many threads I could throw a stick at! It's been such a different experience from all the roleplaying sites I've been at so far-and by far the best.

Which book is your favorite in the series? I love them all- but I think my favourite is a toss-up between Halfblood Prince and Prisoner of Azkaban.

Who is your favorite character from the books? Neville- his character arc was absolutely fantastic!

Who are you most excited to roleplay with, that you haven't yet? I've been lowkey eyeing up Edmund Wolffe's threads for a while now- I think the writing and characterisation is the bomb. And I've been itching from someone to call Hel out for her shananigans ;) 

What is one thread that everyone should read this very instant? Why? *GASP* I'm currently head over heels for this thread that I've got going with Effy. She's a fantastic character to roleplay with- it's my favourite thread at the moment.

What is one thing about Helen that no one knows? She collects little muggle stamps, and sticks them in a huge book that she keeps hidden under her bed.

What is one thing about Helen that everyone should know? When she gets especially bored- she has a tendency to bake things. Whether that be cakes, or cookies, slices and tarts, you name it- she's baked it. It's usually a whole lot of mess and a whole of fun, but the result tastes pretty good, too.

What are you most excited about for when term begins? Making new friends, exploring the castle- attending classes! This is a site of a scale and size I've never experienced before- I'm so completely ready to be absorbed by it all.

Any last words? Thanks so much for being to incredibly kind, everyone! I can't wait to see where this term will lead us =D
coming to your house, knocking at your door
you're my first sip of wine. you cool me, cool me down
left your clothes next to the bed, some pretty pictures in my head
i hope you had a great summer, a great summer away

Tags: