Drop by the Fashion Fair!

Author Topic: Bestest Tea Party Ever {Open}  (Read 612 times)

Eira Rhycw Medraut

(04/10/2016 at 22:41)
  • Ghost
  • C10D10T8S8
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! Most Likely to Cheer You Up ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
"So tell me about this scandalous affair most foul Asia" Eira chirped as her hand raised the teapot spout to her lips. The trio, alongside a number of reoccurring acquaintances that included Baron Von Meow and Sir Digby Chicken Caesar, had found a shady spot away from the heat of the high noon sun and set out a most desirable picnic spread that covered all sorts of food groups. There was the conventional Cheese wedges, Salt and Pepper Apples, Courgette and Honey Sandwiches and Parsnip Scones.

"Come come my dear, no need to bashful, we're all friends here!" The blonde urged once the luke warm tea slid down her throat. Though she was blind, Eira had developed quite the sense of anticipation - which was just one word of many that could be used to describe the girl. Flyidd had taken to slowly picking away at a corner of a sandwich, the Baron and Sir Digby sat statuesque behind a cup of tea.

'Buzz buzz buzz buzz buz- buzzzzz buzzz buzz'

"Uh-huh, oh ok, oo interesting!" Eira replied to the fairy's high pitched words, intrigued in every buzz that her female aid had to say. Not that she understood a single word. It was certainly better than playing poker with snails - she still found it suspicious that she lost with a full house.

With a hearty laugh, Eira raised her head skywards "Oh Baron, you outrageous fiend you! More tea? Don't mind if i do!"

It was at that moment that Flyidd caught the glimpse of another camper out from the corner of his eye, the unusually remained completely silent.
Does the carpet match the drapes? No, it doesn't, you are the worst interior decorator, get out of my house!

Loyalty, Labor, Love

Tryphosa Sage

(04/13/2016 at 19:48)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D0T2S1
    • View Profile
Tryphosa had been attracted to the flowers in dillamonds’ garden. She had plucked a large Umbrella Flower for herself, which she was currently carrying above her head, using the flora for shade from the blaring sun that seemed to be constantly hovering over Camp Loki. Alpheus, a young giant purple toad, was inseparable from the girl, and was currently enjoying the flowers shade on the young first years’ shoulder.

Emerging from a large bush of flowers, the tea party came into the young girls’ view. She couldn’t help but notice the laughter trailing from the picnic, not to mention the interesting characters who were attending it. The fairy in particular intrigued Tryphosa to no end. Fairies were a rare and uncommon in Nottingham, where the young pureblood had grown up. She tip toed over to the gathering, the smell of tea and sweets were very inviting to the young girl. “Excuse me, do you have room for two more?” The young witch asked, in the sweetest voice she could muster.

Tryphosa wished she had something to offer to the picnic in return for an invitation, some cauldron cakes or something, which would have been the polite thing to do. However her pockets were empty, except for a small jar of blowflies for her toad to nibble on.

Acheron T. Belowes

(04/16/2016 at 10:29)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D0T2S1
    • View Profile
Belowes had no idea where he was going, since he was new to the camp and therefore, didn't have an optimal overview of all the locations just yet.  The presence of the new kitten of his - whom he called Mr. Azazel, referring to the bad devil,  the reincarnation of which the cat was for sure - wasn't helping him either. Aside the fact, that Acheron couldn't stop sneezing as long as the animal kept moving by his side, Mr. Azazel was black; and that alone meant no good.
    The boy sighed over the memory of his sister's stubbornness. Did she not know, that it was very dangerous for allergic people, to stay in the presence of allergens? He could keep sneezing, until all of his handkerchiefs would be dirty. Which would be very, very unpleasant.

Belowes loved his handkerchiefs, mainly because he inherited major part of them from his ancestors. They were varicoloured, yet always neat and fashionable; in the corner of each handkerchief, monogram of the previous owner was embroidered. The handkerchiefs were, shortly, a tangible treasure of genealogy, while Acheron couldn't do less than be proud of his collection.
   The young boy would have grinned in pride, if only he hadn't been interrupted by another, forceful sneeze. When he opened his eyes again, he found himself, standing in the middle of a meadow or some kind of huge flowerbed. Belowes had never been fan of flowers or nature in general, however, he had to admit, that the particular garden was spectacular. Looking around, it was large and apparently modified with magic. Plus, Azazel wasn’t here.

The boy looked around for the cat quickly, but (fortunately) he was nowhere to be seen – Acheron would lie if he said that he wasn’t relieved for that. Instead of Mr. Azazel, he spotted some people, sitting in the grass not far away from him. They seemed to have a picnic, according to the diversity of food, placed on a blanket on the ground. Out of his childish curiosity, Ache decided to participate and perhaps, ask them where he was, in all the politeness.

“Excuse me, Ladies,” he beeped quietly, when he walked over to them. “Somehow, I happened to get lost in this place. Could you tell me how to get back to – “ the boy stopped in the middle of a sentence, his eyes landing on the little creature, whom one of the two present girls seemed to talk to. “Erm... are... are you... eh, talking to a fairy?” Ache’s eyes widened, watching the blonde-haired girl, obviously older girl in suspicion. Didn’t she know that fairies were vain and... well, silly?       

Ancient northern lights, their extinguished fights;
Wrecked harp's tone, torn string blown;
Vanished age storyline, felled wise southern pine;
Faded in comet's track, there comes the death in black;
Forgotten grave, cheerless crave;
Out of the fire's smoke, the bells of churches broke;
In this lovely childish time, come, hear out my rhyme.

Eira Rhycw Medraut

(04/22/2016 at 13:53)
  • Ghost
  • C10D10T8S8
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! Most Likely to Cheer You Up ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
She raised the spout of the teapot to her lips once again after graciously accepting the Baron's offer. She didn't get many opportunities to relax these days - between being responsible as a counselor, a trait that never came easy to the Hufflepuff, and her reading in preparation for her final year, Eira found that time to enjoy the little things had slowly diminished into one continuous stream of questions.

'Where will i work after I've graduated? How long will i be able to live with Serena? What if Oliver leaves the country? If you're a doctor, does it mean that every meeting you go to is a doctor's appointment?'

Her train of thought was quickly interupted however and pleasantly so.

“Excuse me, do you have room for two more?”

"Guests! Well of course! You are cordially invited! Make yourselves at home, we have plenty for all - Whose your friend?" Eira asked jovially through her welsh accent. The fairies however, who had looked at the toad curiously at first, now emitted an unsure glare before both Flyidd and Asia removed themselves from their seated positions to take up residence on Eira's shoulders.

"I'm Eira, Eira Medraut but my friends call me Eira and these two are Flyidd and Asia" she beamed once again, her arm extended outwards as to offer the teapot "Tea? It's fresh, well....it's warm!".

And just like that another voice entered the fray, this time a boys though like the previous voice, she could not fathom to whom they belonged and instead the words came at Eira like a natural yogurt.

Excuse me, Ladies, Somehow, I happened to get lost in this place. Could you tell me how to get back to – “

From the words she assumed the boy wasn't the secondary individual who had initially approached her but the company was pleasant all the same.

“Erm... are... are you..."

'Getting increasingly concerned about the sandwich to people ratio - yes' she thought, also realizing that the scones would soon dry up as well.

"eh, talking to a fairy?”

"Two, to be precise however the pressing issue at this moment in time is that you both...ALL come join me! Feel free to move the Baron, don't mind his grumpy disposition, he is Welsh after all!" Eira laughed heartily with a wide grin, the teapot remained extended ready to foist tea on towards anyone who showed an interest.
I am a confectionary-based existentialist

Loyalty, Labor, Love

Tryphosa Sage

(05/04/2016 at 20:43)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D0T2S1
    • View Profile
“Thank you.” The girl replied, beaming brightly at the tea party invitation. Setting her flower umbrella off to the side, she took a seat at the picnic, setting her purple toad upon her lap. “Why, my pet toad Alpheus is my friend, of course.” Tryphosa explained, giving the young toad a pat on his forehead with the tip of her finger.

The girl examined the fairies carefully as they fluttered over to the older girls shoulder. “Do fairies not like toads?” The girl questioned as she helped herself to a parsnip scone and nibbled on it delicately. “I’m Tryphosa Sage. And you already know Alpheus.” Tryphosa introduced before the teapot was offered before her. “Yes please! I’d love some.” The girl accepted the teapot gratefully and poured herself a cup, somewhat ungracefully, barely pulling the spout upright in time to avoid her teacup over flowing past its brim.

With the teapot still cushioned in her hands, the young girl turned her attention to the young boy who had also been curious about the fairies. “Their names are Flyidd and Asia.” Tryphosa related, “I can show you how to get back to where you are going after the tea party if you’d like?” She noticed the boy was a tinmen, and she was pretty sure she knew where to find the cottages even though she was calling the Cowardly lions castle her home for the summer.

Acheron T. Belowes

(05/07/2016 at 11:28)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D0T2S1
    • View Profile
Young Belowes’ eyes widened in surprise, when he disguised the older girl’s very well-known, Welsh accent that he himself was graced with. Thanks to his sister’s telling though, he was aware of the fact that there weren’t many Welsh students at Hogwarts. Therefore, there was no wander her Welsh accent surprised him pretty much.

‘I'm Eira, Eira Medraut,’

Well, that was even more unexpected information. Her surname was well known among Welsh wizarding families (or at least in his family it was known) for their blood status and position in British wizarding society.

“It’s a pleasure to meet you, Miss Medraut, Miss Sage,” Acheron spoke up, not even trying to keep his own accent in secret. Offering both girls a hand, the boy had to bow down a bit. “My name is Acheron Belowes, but I give you the privilege to call me Ache or... Ted.” At the pronunciation of the second nickname, Ache couldn’t help but grimaced. He hated all the abbreviations of his name. He was named Acheron once for a reason, so why couldn’t people just get used to it?
    His eyes travelled to the other, blonde girl, who didn’t look older than himself. She had a frog with her - to be exact, a toad, which was almost as purple as it was repulsive. In that moment, Belowes realized that even the toad and the fairies, were probably less dangerous, less evil and less scary, than his own, pseudo cute pet was. With that, another frustrated sigh escaped his throat. 

‘ALL come join me!’

“Well, all right then,” Belowes thought about his timetable for that particular day. The tea party would interrupt his daily walk, but then again, since his arrival at the camp, he had done more walking, than he had ever done in his life.
    A cup of tea was given to him, therefore, he accepted it, offering a smile to Miss Medraut in exchange. He decided to take the furthest place away from Baron, because of his allergy. In general, it didn’t matter, because even though he did so, he was eventually going to start sneezing sooner or later.

‘Their names are Flyidd and Asia.’

“But... fairies are dangerous, aren’t they? They certainly have sharp teeth to bite with. Aren’t you afraid to get bitten by a fairy? It must really hurt ,” Belowes asked curiously. For the boy, the witch’s relationship with the fairies appeared to be a mystery. “Moreover, they cannot even talk. How do you know what they want to express, when they cannot say it?”

He was gotten back into reality by Miss Sage’s words: ‘I can show you how to get back to where you are going after the tea party if you’d like?’

“Uhm... yes, yes, of course,” his response might have sounded less enthusiastic than he had originally wanted it to sound, mainly because he had still had his eyes glued to the two small creatures. “I would be very grateful if you showed the way back to Tinmen.”
« Last Edit: 05/07/2016 at 11:29 by Acheron T. Belowes »

Ancient northern lights, their extinguished fights;
Wrecked harp's tone, torn string blown;
Vanished age storyline, felled wise southern pine;
Faded in comet's track, there comes the death in black;
Forgotten grave, cheerless crave;
Out of the fire's smoke, the bells of churches broke;
In this lovely childish time, come, hear out my rhyme.

Tags: