Check out our Summer Workshops!

Author Topic: End of Summer Bonfire! (Activity #7) [Open]  (Read 2811 times)

Chase McKnight

(12/31/2011 at 05:41)
  • Ravenclaw '74
  • C9D5T8S6
    • View Profile

Nodding with a relieved look on his face, Chase said happily, "Yes, my Uncle had the entire collection in his library. I used to read them all of the time." He was happy to find someone interested in literature just like him.

"Sorry about your glasses, if they're damaged I know some handy minor-repairing spells." Chase said, "Both of my parents were Muggles so I have a broad knowledge of their world."

Tallulah Pura

(12/31/2011 at 05:54)
  • Ravenclaw '39
  • C13D8T10S8
    • View Profile
"Yes, my Uncle had the entire collection in his library. I used to read them all of the time." Tallulah looked down sheepishly at her book.

"This is my only one," Tallulah admitted. Her parents wanted to nurture her curiosity but never did they want to embrace the muggles. It was just a hobby to study them, not to the extent of taking up Muggle Studies. She found their lifestyle fascinating and their books strange but delightful.

"Sorry about your glasses, if they're damaged I know some handy minor-repairing spells." Tallulah shook her head, she touched a few cracks on the frames but nothing else was broken.

"No, thank you," Tallulah said, "I'll fix it later, they're not broken yet," 

"Both of my parents were Muggles so I have a broad knowledge of their world."

"You're a Muggleborn?" Tallulah's green eyes widened. It wasn't disgust or hatred or anything like that but  rather, curiosity and amazement.

Chase McKnight

(12/31/2011 at 06:03)
  • Ravenclaw '74
  • C9D5T8S6
    • View Profile

"Yes. But my grand-father's adopted brother was a wizard. I call him my Uncle. Uncle Barnabas, the famous ex-Auror Barnabas. He's a wizard but of no blood relation." Chase found himself amused by her reaction when he said he was a Muggleborn, and he thought that she may be a Pureblood by this.

"I have a few books I could loan you sometime, and I can have the House Elves at the estate owl me books any time. Consider me your Muggle library." Chase laughed before finding a stick on the ground, breaking it to a point. He grabbed a bag of marshmellows and stuck the marshmellow on the stick, lightly browning it over the fire.

"Have you ever had smores before?" Chase asked.

Tallulah Pura

(12/31/2011 at 06:16)
  • Ravenclaw '39
  • C13D8T10S8
    • View Profile
"I've heard of him before," Tallulah managed to say when she came out of her surprised face, "One of my uncles is an Auror but now, he's at St Mungo's," she said quite casually.

The he began to tell her that he could loan her books. A Muggle library. She smiled widely, almost as wide as a cat with a grin from a book she read. It was her own way of showing thanks or something like that, "That would be lovely,"

She furrowed her eyebrows when he took a stick and stuck a marshmallow on it.
"Have you ever had smores before?"

"I've heard of it, seen it, eaten a marshmallow and almost choked but no," Tallulah kept her funny tone in tact before saying, "Isn't it unhealthy to eat with a stick from the ground?"

She eyed the stick, "You might never know if people or animals have stepped on it, done business with it or insects' eggs might be laying there and once you eat the marshmallow, it would go through you stomach as its eggs hatches in it and surround your bodies' internal organs with insects," She said that all in one airy breath with gleaming eyes.

"May I have one?"

Chase McKnight

(12/31/2011 at 06:21)
  • Ravenclaw '74
  • C9D5T8S6
    • View Profile

Chase slapped his leg and let out a quick, childish laugh. "That's a wonderful way about thinking about things, although I guess I always assumed the fire just destroyed anything like that."

He was slightly confused, "Do you mean a stick, a smore, or marshmellow?" He asked quizzically; offering he a nice stick from the ground. "Either way you need a stick to make a smore, so if you want a smore, you need the stick anyways."

Tallulah Pura

(12/31/2011 at 06:54)
  • Ravenclaw '39
  • C13D8T10S8
    • View Profile
"I have a wooden stick," Tallulah put the book away and took out two chopsticks, "My brother carved it with his knife," Oh, her father loved to carve things ever since he was young. He gave it to her when she was younger and kept it with her whenever she left.

She took a marshmallow and popped it on the stick and followed what he did. She realized she didn't even tell him her name, "I'm Tallulah but many call me Tilly,"

Selena Butterfly

(12/31/2011 at 07:35)
    • View Profile
Selena saw Chase talking with a girl and making S'mores. She decided she needed to step up and make another new friend. She took a deep breath and walked over to them.

"Hey Chase. Where'd you run off to?"

Amber Pearlstone

(12/31/2011 at 08:11)
  • 4th Year
  • C4D2T4S3
    • View Profile
Amber looked up and saw Chase get up and run towards the forest. As she was about to get up to go beck of him, Selena got up and ran behind him. Amber sighed. Now she was left alone. She looked around and saw Jessie sitting on a blanket near her. She grinned and went up to Jessie.

"Hey! Can I sit over here?" she asked. When Selena and Chase come back she would ask thwm to join her. They too can meet Jessie if they havent met her yet.

Jessie Pendragon

(12/31/2011 at 15:40)
  • Hufflepuff '37
  • C12D6T14S9
    • View Profile
Jessie mived over on her blanket to make room for Amber.

"Absolutely,come and have a seat! What happened to your friends?" Jessie inquired. "I love sitting by the fire."

Jessie looked around the fire and smiled as everyone seemed to be having fun. Jessie would miss the Hangout once the term started. Having been the first summer she was allowed to stay for she found the more relaxed atmosphere to her liking. Soon there would be the stress of homework and exams. She had made so many new friends this summer and even managed to have a few adventures. Jessie sighed heavily as she thought about this.

Amber Pearlstone

(12/31/2011 at 16:47)
  • 4th Year
  • C4D2T4S3
    • View Profile
Amber grinned and sat side of Jessie. She shrugged,"Chase just ran towards the forest and Selena went behind him. I hope he is OK."

She looked into the fire as the flames flickered more brightly. She smiled lazily and said,"I really enjoyed this hangout. I made many new friends and had many adventures." She sighed tiredly. "From tommorow onwards exams, homework and of course quidditch." she completed grinning.

"Ready to face it all?" Amber asked Jessie.

Jessie Pendragon

(12/31/2011 at 19:22)
  • Hufflepuff '37
  • C12D6T14S9
    • View Profile
Jessie looked at Amber and replied," No not really. I am enjoying this summer and the more laid back schedule. I am not looking forward to class schedule and homework and my O.W.L.s this term and everything that goes with starting a new term.". She sighed and looked at Amber

"What about you? Are you looking forward to being sorted into your house and signing up for classes?" Jessie inquired even though her thoughts were far away from the start of the new term.

Amber Pearlstone

(01/01/2012 at 09:36)
  • 4th Year
  • C4D2T4S3
    • View Profile
Amber thought about it. What Jessie said was right. It was a great summer she had enjoyed it more than she had hoped to. She had made many friends and had many adventures. But she was excited to get back to Hogwarts. Quidditch, Duelings and classes.

"Yeah I agree with you but I am excited to go back to Hogwarts."Amber said after thinking.

(OOC: Actually I applied as a 3rd or 4th year Gryffindor. So lets just assume that I have been attending Hogwarts from 1st year onwards.)

Tags: