As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: Alarmclock [OPEN!]  (Read 578 times)

Mia Lorelei Kedding

(12/30/2015 at 06:20)
  • Herbology Professor Ravenclaw '47
  • C14D11T14S23
  • ['46-'47] Duelling Finalist [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
It was a very tired Mia Lorelei Kedding who took to the caves for sanctuary. Lackluster, scatterbrained, and in desperate need of sleep that seemed to elude her elsewhere, she took out a sleeping bag, cast a few warming charms,  settled herself in a nice nook, and then swaddled herself up like a resting mummy. She figured that the caves were the perfect place for a nap as few students ever went through the part of the caves she had chosen.

That theory of hers was disproved about three hours later when a foot trod on her mummified person. Jolting awake, the blonde gave an unholy screech, looking for all the world like a possessed cocoon as she writhed in shock (not liking to leave her head out, the counselor had gone quite deep into her unfortunately rock-colored sleeping bag and had been, in consequence, barely visible).

"What the devil are you doing?!" she squealed, then popped her head out of the bag to see who was there.

Deeply discomfited, she squinted at the person, trying to place an identity. Hazy from sleep and unsettled by a pounding heart, she couldn't quite manage it, however, so she ended up just indiscriminately scowling. Sheer nerve of it, walking through her cave and stepping on her as if she were some wretched doormat.
a princess carved from marble
S M O O T H E R   T H A N   A  S T O R M

Troy Quintonn

(12/30/2015 at 12:47)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D0T2S1
    • View Profile
Fun. It was supposed to be fun. They told him the caves were fun, but Troy wasn't really having much fun. He wasn't really a go outdoors type, and even when he did, he certainly wasn't a go outdoors to end up indoors type. Troy never saw the point of liking caves, they are just filthier, older and not so comfortable and warm houses made of stones. Still, it was worth giving a shot, so he did, and the caves blew it.

Firstly, it took him so much time to actually get to the caves, and after he did, he had no idea where to go. It all seemed so pointless. He was just walking around, trying to find a good thing about the caves, but no, there wasn't one. To add to the case, it appeared he had stepped on something. Troy quickly retrieved his leg and made a sound of a horrified elephant, when he found out he stepped on someone, and an older student, at that.

"Wow wha.. ugh.. Sorry sorry sorry.. I'm so sorry, I didn't see you.." The students face emerged, and he saw a girl, surely she was 7th year, and he, as a firstie, just stepped over her, what was he thinking, going into the caves like that, oh he was in trouble.

What the devil are you doing?

Troy could feel the anger gathering around the older girl, as his breath slowed down, he really wasn't expecting such a morning.

"I honestly didn't see you, I was just walking and.." He had no clue how to say what he was thinking, the term hasn't even started, and he stepped on a seventh year student, and after the freaking stopped, he started wondering in his mind what she may say to him, since he really wouldn't like getting criticized before the school even started.

Just remember Troy, don't be afraid, they can smell fear. Now, look at her in the eyes, and walk your way out of the cave..

Mia Lorelei Kedding

(12/30/2015 at 16:18)
  • C14D11T14S23
  • ['46-'47] Duelling Finalist [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
If silence was golden and splendid, then caves were among the loveliest places on earth; for caves, unlike many spacious places, were peopled by nothing more troublesome than a few chiropterans and some very promising specimens of petrology. That ideal was, at least, what her presence in a cave had originally been premised on; for Merlin knew all her theories were being completely overturned by these less-than-thrilling events. She had never thought to factor clumsy children into the equation, and was certainly paying for it now.

Embarrassed by her oversights and own ruffled state, the girl glowered at the graceless boy as if determined to bore through his face to the very back of his skull and beyond. She didn't recognize him from any activities she had overseen, so she supposed he was one of the New Children. (Suffice it to say that this hardly endeared him to her any more than his actions already had—she despised clueless transfers and underclassmen more than any other species of Child which made its way into Loki. New students and underclassmen always had questions she had to answer, and it was always the same bloody questions asked.)

"I honestly didn't see you, I was just walking and.."

First or Second year, though? Looked like a Second, she decided promptly: not completely wet, but unforgivably moist round the brain all the same.

Extracting herself from her sleeping bag, she crossed her arms and sniffed.

"What House are you in that you're so addled—Hufflepuff? What's your name?"

Troy Quintonn

(12/30/2015 at 19:14)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D0T2S1
    • View Profile
Now, as some moments had passed, and the initial shock and trauma were gone, Troy managed to breath properly. He was now calm, or he thought so at least, but it was enough to get him ready for whatever the older girl may say. Though he was in such a position, Troy couldn't not admire the cave, it was so nicely designed, as if it was human-made. His thoughts drifted away and back from the situation quickly, moving, if it is comparable, at the speed of sound.

The looks on the girl weren't really helping him stay calm, but Troy knew in what kind of shock she must have been, considering he just woke her up, as he thought. His breathing would collapse and his heart would skip a beat each few moments, and then everything would return to normal, the feeling, it was so strange to Troy.

What House are you in that you're so addled—Hufflepuff? What's your name?

This kinda surprised him, as Troy wasn't expecting anything like that, no, he was expecting more of the non-question like criticism. Though there was a part of the sentence that triggered something in Troy. She said something about Hufflepuff, like everyone in that house was clumsy and distracted. One of the things he really disliked was a prejudice, about someone, something, a certain group of individuals.

"Well, I'm not yet sorted, but I think you shouldn't talk like that about a house in general, there is much more to Hufflepuff than confusion. I'm Troy Quintonn, you are?" Troy, for once in this camp, put on his serious face, and didn't smile while talking, though he lost his fear and confusion from earlier.

Troy now talked as he knew exactly what he was talking about, and like he had no reason to fear the person he was talking to, though that wasn't true. Not only that he couldn't back his attitude with his skills, but even if he could, his wand was at the camp. His initial thought of backing out almost completely disappeared though, and he felt insulted by her words, no matter the fact he wasn't in Hufflepuff. He knew he shouldn't pick an argument with a seventh year student, but his stubborn mind filled with sense for justice couldn't let Hufflepuff students get bullied like this, and it seemed like he totally and all-in-all forgot that there was no Hufflepuff student in that cave.

Mia Lorelei Kedding

(01/02/2016 at 13:27)
  • C14D11T14S23
    • View Profile
"Well, I'm not yet sorted, but I think you shouldn't talk like that about a house in general, there is much more to Hufflepuff than confusion. I'm Troy Quintonn, you are?"

She scoffed at the defense of Hufflepuff. Gryffindors and Slytherins infuriated her, but Hufflepuffs tired her. In her opinion, the best things to have come out of that House were her brother and Lamia Cadwallader, who were two exceptional people in a sea of the superbly mundane. All Hufflepuffs but those two were, she had found, irresolute, whinging people that left no impression on you whatsoever.

Of course, there were also Joy Detora and Lucille Hopland for exceptions, she supposed; though in their case impressions had largely to do with their astounding terribleness, and not talent or brains. Those two girls were outright Scarlet Women and stupid as they came, but they were certainly not simpletons like the average Hufflepuff. They weren't blithering nobodies.

"If you haven't been Sorted yet, then how can you be a better judge than I? Did you come from a family of Hufflepuffs?—if so, you're likely too indoctrinated to tell the difference," she said bluntly.

He would make a wonderful Gryffindor, this boy, she thought, not liking the spark of insolence she thought she saw in him. Defending the weak, witless, and woeful was a thoroughly Gryffindorian trait. (Then again, she did suppose that his insistence on giving people a fair chance was just the sort of drivel that could land him in good old Accepting Hufflepuff. That lot acted like this too, when they weren't too busy hiding behind the Gryffindors.)

Troy Quintonn

(01/03/2016 at 12:29)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D0T2S1
    • View Profile
The girl seemed irritated when she looked at Troy, but he wouldn't just fall down and bow in apology, no, he was right, and he was going to stay by his words. No matter what some seventh year says.

If you haven't been Sorted yet, then how can you be a better judge than I? Did you come from a family of Hufflepuffs?—if so, you're likely too indoctrinated to tell the difference,

Troy calmed his breath, took a big amount of oxygen through his nose, and exhaled through his mouth, it took him a few seconds to figure out how to put his thoughts into words. He wasn't a muggleborn either, yet he knew that muggleborns are not filthy or bad, as some wizards say.

"I don't need to be sorted to know that you can't say something about Hufflepuffs in general! One or two may be like that, but that doesn't mean you can label the whole house by those traits. I could call Slytherin evil, and Gryffindor ignorant as well, that way. "

He spoke rather passionately, not taking into consideration with whom he was speaking, there was no need, if he knew he was correct. The girl seemed to be very stubborn, or at least it appeared so in Troy's eyes. "I still don't know whom am I speaking to?" He looked at her with a questioning look, just now remembering the other part of her question.

Just thinking about it, thinking about his family, and his past, made his breath quicker and more unstable. Troy could feel getting chills, as he remembered the stuff his aunt told him about his father, all the things that happened when he was in Hogwarts, and when she was too.

"Just.. for your information. I come from a family of Gryffindors, honest and confident." He didn't feel confident now that he was talking about it, it was hard for him to think of his father, and even so, he could only think of him as a hero, a wizard who died for his country, for his job, for what he loved. That only gave Troy a new strength in his eyes, as he closed and opened them rather fast, and looked at the girl with more confidence than before. Except now, some may call that confidence stupidity of sort.

Tags: