Don't forget to sign up for a cabin!

Author Topic: Day Twenty-Nine!  (Read 1645 times)

* The Narrator

(04/28/2015 at 23:20)
    • View Profile
The HSNet

Day 29.
Day 29.

A player you miss, or a player you'd like to get to know.

30-Day Challenge

To get the code: hit select, then ctrl/cmd + C to copy!
Code: [Select]
[div style="width:450px; font-family:lavanderia; color:#87a9b5; font-size:60px; box-sizing:border-box; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:right; line-height:60%; margin-top:10px;"]Challenge Accepted[/div]
[div style="box-sizing:border-box; width:450px; border:5px double #87a9b5; padding:10px;"]
[div style="font-family:verdana; color:#666; font-size:12px;"]

Type your response here!

[/div]
[/div]

Chartreuse Greene

(04/28/2015 at 23:25)
  • Hufflepuff '45
  • C14D7T13S7
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Player of the Summer ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist Freesia - Most Spirited
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I miss Fabian Fenwick! Who doesn't!? Sometimes, he joins the ole chat, so that makes me smile. He was one of the first people I made an avvie for, too.

I'd also like to get to know Ra'asiel Albear even more! OOC, she's growing to be one of my faves. She also thinks I'm pretty cool, so that helps. When She first joined, I was like, "Who is this clown named Rachel All-Bear?" My how time has changed that! ;)

I AM your head girl
You will show me loyalty

Tiberius Owain Paladin

(04/28/2015 at 23:29)
  • Fourth Year
  • C2D2T1S3
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Although probably 2 people remember her, I actually joined with one of my IRL BFFS, and her character's name was Tomomi. Around this time last year we did our first class signups together in the University library and it was a lot of fun! I bullied her into trying the rp lifestyle but it wasn't really for her in the end. We went with Leah to Night Vale recently though and she's still around and training to be a pop idol~

Also I just read Chart's post- FABS IS GONE? WHERE IS FABS? Everyone go listen to Fab's voice meme from forever ago. I recommend it? Ars and Fabs never had their glorious hair thread. RIP.

Also on that note where is Elliot? I think he's around but where is he?

ALSO- RHYS-ZARD? Glorious little punk.

WHERE ARE MY PEOPLE?

Ok end rant

Theirs would be the Light, his would be theDark:
And from his desolate throne
he watched them compose
A mountainous wall of stone,
to separate themselves from him.
A massive, jagged barricade    
to lock themselves in.

Hikaru Arai

(04/28/2015 at 23:34)
  • Sergeant, 42nd Division + Librarian & Independent Researcher
  • C10D6T9S7
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

So a person I would like to get to know would be the one who plays Gregory Noble. She seems really nice when I see her in chat (and the Nobles are too cool, mmmrrrrphhh). I also really wanna get to know everyone on the site at least a little, so I don't fee so nooby anymore. ;w;

so why can't you see,
we're meant to be?

Juniper E-L Steele

(04/28/2015 at 23:54)
  • SRC - Head of Hogwarts Outreach Programme
  • C27D14T30S14
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I miss Eva and Titus Corbridge's player. And Cat who played Spencer. All of them.

* Irma Wolffe

(04/29/2015 at 00:53)
  • Hufflepuff '49
  • C16D9T16S12
  • ['45-'46] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I miss Bridgit Wilkinson's player from ages ago.  She was fun to thread with, and always brought the snark in chat.  Bridgit was Newt's love interest, and they had just started getting serious when real life stepped in.

17 SCRIVNER
"Captain"

HUFFLEPUFF QUIDDITCH
1948-49

Aoife MacAffey

(04/29/2015 at 02:05)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D1T2S0
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I miss Wisdom Willows, Catalina, Jen, Kay, Autumn, Cyrillian and Loki Arkay.  And Birchie.  I love me some Birchie.  I know she's around but I haven't seen her. :P

Gregory Noble

(04/29/2015 at 02:46)
Challenge Accepted

I miss Cat. A lot. Bruce, Elias, Havelock, Antigone, Spencer, Ban, and her eighty million other characters. She was my squeeze. Of course, I miss Amy and Eva, Mina, and Devon (Patches. He's always coming back and then going away again.) I miss a lot of people...

I'd love to get to know so many people better, just like... all of you. Every single one of you.

Totally other note, Hikaru Arai, stop it. Ohgosh.  You're so sweet. Idlovetogettoknowyoutoo!

Chantal Marie Renard

(04/29/2015 at 03:29)
  • Wizengamot Member French Professor
  • C20D15T20S17
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

So much missing.

Sands, for one. Ellerie, for two. Lexi/Titus, for three. BruBru/Spence, for one more. And a whole lot of people from the old days: Sergei, Einar, Nellavie, Katrina, Samanus, Kitty, Cyrillian and the list could probably continue. And not to forget to mention someone who told us she would show up but seems to have not done so: Billie.

And Birchie, how could I forget Birchie? And Tibbles and Tainy. And Rhos. *bonks self for forgetting others* <3

Yeah, I couldn't just keep it at one person. :/

« Last Edit: 04/29/2015 at 04:35 by Chantal Marie Renard »

* Wilhelmina Mason

(04/29/2015 at 03:47)
  • Secretary In-Training
  • C12D6T8S11
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Lexi, Birch, Sergei, Einar, Samanus, Wenny, Bruce, Sands...just to name a few off the top of my head. There are so many others.

And I'd like to get to know you all better. LET ME LOVE YOU.

Raasiel Albear

(04/29/2015 at 04:54)
Challenge Accepted

I suuuuper miss Albs~ (And Olenka, but she came back >w< ) He's been really busy with school, so hasn't been very active over the last few months.

I'd love to get to know everyone better. <3 I get stupidly excited about making new friends, especially in environments when everyone at least understands my levels of dorkiness. lol

More specifically, Serena, Priya (I SEE YOU UP THERE <3), and Cyb~ And Chartreuse is awesome and a sweetie and YES WE SHOULD TALK MORE. >/////w/////<

« Last Edit: 04/30/2015 at 18:27 by Raasiel Albear »

Frances Severin

(04/29/2015 at 05:34)
  • Fifth Year
  • C7D7T6S3
  • ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

A lot of people deserve the recognition, but there are two especially that I'd like to draw forward. One is Jenny, who played Bonnie Castle and was a very important part of AJ's making; if she hadn't gone, he probably wouldn't have run after Ellerie. Another is Jordan, who played Xalvador (something), Asta's godfather. My goodness I miss Jordan so badly.

a fresh posion each week

every sunday's getting more bleak

Joy Detora

(04/29/2015 at 10:02)
  • Auror
  • C18D10T20S12
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Sands and Ellerie. I go archive surfing for their threads all the time - their writing is really good and I just love their characters. As for someone I want to get to know more, I think Panda. For some reason we're like acquaintances but we don't usually talk much. Idk why. Oh, and Dace. Because we've talked like three times.

Oh, and I really miss Ellie. So much nostalgia.

« Last Edit: 04/30/2015 at 00:13 by Joy Detora »

Loyalty, Labor, Love

* Waldo Woodrow Angerville

(04/29/2015 at 10:59)
  • Archivist + Administrative Assistant
  • C9D16T11S19
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

The first thing I thought of was that I just got two players back that I absolutely adore and love with my whole heart, which are Daniel Marcus Reed's player and Freja Skov's player. I have missed the two of them whilst they were not around and have often wondered where they had gone and if they were ever coming back to site. There have also been a lot of times that I have missed Cyb around the boards and I am always so happy to see that she comes back to us all to play with her most wonderful characters.

Some players fail to come back though, and there are some whose departure I really wish did not happen. Most of them just slithered away silently and we never heard of them again, characters that were not too renown on the boards but still left their marks in the threads they were in. I remember there once was a Winter Blackstrom whose writing was absolutely marvelous and whose character was so thought out already during the first term she strolled in that I really admired her for that.

Then there was also Benjamin Looper/Kyle. His characters were always one of a kind, they were unique in their own ways and therewith challenging other characters. And not only were they interesting and different than most other characters, it was his writing that really brought them to life. He had a certain style to describe the setting and the sentiments of his characters that really forced you to feel for the character and to understand each and every one of that character's motives and intentions. I not only miss him for fact that he has had quite the impact on Arcus' development, but also because he was great fun to talk to out of character as well.

And it need to be said that I really miss Filius Pendragon around the boards. I did not have as much opportunity to thread with him as I would have liked, but he most surely gave wandlore such a boost on the boards. He was the to-go-to for many witch or wizard when it came down to wands, and he was a familiar face to most of the players. I admired how easy going and laid back his character appeared to be, which I assume must have been soothing for many newbies who were quite anxious to get involved into a thread for the first time on our boards.

Players I would want to get to know are the ones that I secretly admire from afar but have always been too much of a chicken to out my adoration to them. And that is pretty much because I am so intimidated by their writing and their character development that I think I look pretty bleak in comparison to them. It used to be Holly, really. But those are now most definitely Dacian's player, Frances' player and Mael's player.

no need be best
ONLY GOOD AND KIND

Caius Thorne

(04/29/2015 at 15:02)
  • Seventh Year
  • C9D6T6S8
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I miss Rhys Namgung's player! And uhm, those oldies I can never bring myself to talk to (Birchie, Amy, Evie = BAE geddit?). PMing them is like absolute horror. I'd love to know everyone, to be honest - I swear I'm nice, if a bit awkward and lame. /:

BANG BANG
my baby shot me down

Mia Lorelei Kedding

(04/29/2015 at 17:26)
  • Ravenclaw '47
  • C14D11T14S23
  • ['46-'47] Duelling Finalist [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I dearly miss Eva (Lysander Ellwood-Luxe, Annabel Grey, J. Walsingham &co) asflkjlakfjak;. brilliant writer, wonderful person, fantastic admin, great inspiration. i was lucky enough to have her as my mentor. here's a TMI: if she ever visits or something i'll try to express my sorrow/joy in some aesthetic and crowd-pleasing manner, but no promises—i'll probably just wibble and fall over and wibble some more. cry, likely. god, eva.

I also miss Spencer Malthus, Titus Corbridge, Phaedra Spekt, Rachael Lynn Yang, and many others.
a princess carved from marble
S M O O T H E R   T H A N   A  S T O R M

* Eugene Bryce

(04/30/2015 at 00:09)
  • Owner of AB&C Daycare
  • C15D4T15S4
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Iris - Most Friendly
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

To answer both parts of the challenge: I'm gonna have to third Fabs, because he is always in and out of chat but noT OFTEN ENOUGH and I remember last RL summer being a lot of fun with him around. Also I've always wanted to thread with him but I'm a nervous baby ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

* Calypso Ross

(04/30/2015 at 00:17)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C32D25T24S23
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I miss Eleanor Nettleyew, because she was one of my first friends but then she disappeared so I had to replace her/make friends with Lucille Hopland instead. And that was quite a traumatic experience for everybody involved.

I want to get to know Joy Detora more because she made me write this we definitely do not talk enough. But all that will change soon. c:

G
Daring, Determination, Drive

Joy Detora

(04/30/2015 at 00:18)
  • Auror
  • C18D10T20S12
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
I DID NOT I JUST SUGGESTED OVER THE S OKAY

Loyalty, Labor, Love

Jackson Ross

(04/30/2015 at 07:02)
  • Ravenclaw '46
  • C16D9T15S9
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner Most Likely to Come Back as a Professor ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Larkspur - Most Humorous ['42-'43] Duelling Finalist Superlative Winner - Most Resourceful
    • View Profile

Challenge Accepted

The good thing about this place is people come back constantly. Even since I came back with Jacks, people that I missed have also since returned. (Hi Tons and Noves.)

Outside of that, though, I would probably have to say Nila Arian, and also Cat (Bruce, et al), Christen (Lola, Arlo, etc), Eva, Lex, Charlotte Nin, Amy...

It adds up after a while.

Tags: