Vote for Player of the Summer!

Author Topic: Day Twenty-Seven!  (Read 1631 times)

* The Narrator

(04/26/2015 at 22:58)
    • View Profile
The HSNet

Day 27.
Day 27.

If you could play any character with no restrictions (any special powers! any levels!), what would they be like?

30-Day Challenge

To get the code: hit select, then ctrl/cmd + C to copy!
Code: [Select]
[div style="width:450px; font-family:lavanderia; color:#87a9b5; font-size:60px; box-sizing:border-box; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:right; line-height:60%; margin-top:10px;"]Challenge Accepted[/div]
[div style="box-sizing:border-box; width:450px; border:5px double #87a9b5; padding:10px;"]
[div style="font-family:verdana; color:#666; font-size:12px;"]

Type your response here!

[/div]
[/div]

Juniper E-L Steele

(04/26/2015 at 23:42)
  • SRC - Head of Hogwarts Outreach Programme
  • C27D14T30S14
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Someone who could literally transfer souls -- splitting and binding. Just elongating their life forever by transferring their own soul into sacrificial bodies like a parasite then having to deal with the fact that they have to share a body with another soul/consciousness.

Joy Detora

(04/27/2015 at 00:03)
  • Auror
  • C18D10T20S12
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Player of the Summer
    • View Profile

Challenge Accepted

I think that they'd probably be an Animagus. Or a Parselmouth. Something to do with animals, cool stuff like that. Or maybe Empath. I could have an Empath Animagus, but that's like, way messed up Charms, Trans and Divi levels. Which doesn't really matter, but still.

I've settled on shapeshifter mainly because that's just so cool. Like, an Animagus without a fixed form. Kind of like the daemons in His Dark Materials, if you've read that. But I like characters with limitations, it kind of gives life to them. I think just one special power and normal-ish levels is okay.

you may be good looking
but you're not a piece of art

* Eugene Bryce

(04/27/2015 at 00:23)
  • Owner of AB&C Daycare
  • C15D4T15S4
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Iris - Most Friendly
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I'm still holding out for my goblin seer metathingathing with the faceclaim of Danny Devito. c:

Tiberius Owain Paladin

(04/27/2015 at 00:50)
  • Fourth Year
  • C2D2T1S3
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I would want to play a dragon breeder and have dragon races? MOTHER OF DRAGONS? Something cool like that. Or a criminal.

Love seems barren when cash is king

Wealth here for the bleeding, what good will bring
A crooked mind, an honest heart ancillary
They collide

Chartreuse Greene

(04/27/2015 at 01:13)
  • Hufflepuff '45
  • C14D7T13S7
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Player of the Summer ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Freesia - Most Spirited
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

A squib who was simply terrible at all magic. Regularly not understanding his coursework or the incantations of spells!

I AM your head girl
You will show me loyalty

Chantal Marie Renard

(04/27/2015 at 03:28)
  • Wizengamot Member French Professor
  • C20D15T20S17
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

That's the worst question ever. :/

Ok, if you insist ...

I would go for ... A muggleborn Parselmouth? That kind of combination would be interesting to see, all things considering. I know it would be a stretch, considering Parselmouths descend from Salazar Slytherin, but hey, it could be possible through the right set of circumstances, no?

Raasiel Albear

(04/27/2015 at 04:38)
Challenge Accepted

If I'd been given 100% free reign on it, you all would have met Asher as he exists off-site; a recently-reborn phoenix with a human form. (I have an entire description of how phoenixes work for my fictions, because I'm a dork. lol) I built him originally in the Harry Dresden RPG universe (tabletop), and fell in love with him as an OC. This is actually why he was going to be my first character on the site before I ended up changing to Ra'as while I worked out the details with Tori as to how to adjust Asher for Hoggies.

« Last Edit: 04/30/2015 at 18:26 by Raasiel Albear »

Caius Thorne

(04/27/2015 at 05:47)
  • Seventh Year
  • C9D6T6S8
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I'd probably write a non-human character whose species is on the verge of extinction. I also like to play with extremes and opposites and irony, so definitely someone that's a mismatch of everything? Like veela/troll/human ancestry whose clan is known for their divining skillz but this person can't divine the future for shiz. Wait, that's probably allowed? Idk.

BANG BANG
my baby shot me down

Lincoln Litchfield

(04/27/2015 at 08:03)
  • Adult
  • C20D10T17S20
    • View Profile
human ancestry whose clan is known for their divining skillz but this person can't divine the future for shiz. Wait, that's probably allowed? Idk.

Linc:

Frances Severin

(04/27/2015 at 09:53)
  • Fifth Year
  • C7D7T6S3
  • ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Maybe an actual deity who's confused as to why no one is worshipping her. Reincarnated with powers of necromancy and fertility, so she summons souls of dead worshippers in order to feel at home but ends up causing chaos and finally realises she has to get by in a securalised, modernised world. A slightly warped Persephone?

is it very clear I just read American Gods

GRYFFINDOR
Glory Roars

#207 SEVERIN

Gregory Noble

(04/27/2015 at 12:50)
Challenge Accepted

Voldemort.

* Wilhelmina Mason

(04/27/2015 at 17:10)
  • Secretary In-Training
  • C12D6T8S11
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Terrifying, dark lady who tortures and murders people for fun. Who has learned most of the secrets of magic and can do almost anything with it. Who has no good in her. None of my characters are truly dark, so I think it would be really fun to go there.

* Irma Wolffe

(04/28/2015 at 12:25)
  • Hufflepuff '49
  • C16D9T16S12
  • ['45-'46] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Complete anonymity would be my evil superpower.  The ability to do absolutely anything and get away with it, because nobody could trace it back to me.  Even in broad daylight, under obvious circumstances. I wouldn't do anything horrible or immoral with it- there's so much to do without resorting to that sort of thing.

How satisfying would it be to put a cream pie in the face of one of the world's political leaders, then watch as their Secret Service scramble to find out where the pie came from in the first place?  Especially when they couldn't hope to know or even truly find out?

Actually, it might get boring/lonely after a while, so as a secondary power, I'd want the ability to designate other people that can see through the first power.  But of course nobody believes them.

« Last Edit: 04/28/2015 at 12:33 by Irma Lycoris Scrivner »

* Waldo Woodrow Angerville

(04/29/2015 at 10:16)
  • Archivist + Administrative Assistant
  • C9D16T11S19
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

But I like restrictions. I like how there would be something in the society that would probably set my characters back so that they would get what is coming for them. And I like how there is a possibility of being imprisoned simply for having committed several crimes just because it gives the character more dimension. I do not like the super villains that only have the evil side in them, I like characters that have multiple aspects to their character of which some would happen to be so bad they are hated by the populace, but that there are also hidden aspects to his persona that one cannot help but have some compassion for them. And I am a fan of the thrill that it gives to writing something that is forbidden by the laws and regulations of the political system, just because the possibility exists that everything can backfire. There is no thrill for me when I cannot be contradicted.

But if I will not limit myself to the evil ladies and lords that would conquer the boards if there were no restrictions, I would probably not like it either to have a character that has a specific power that only he or she has. I need someone to oppose my characters so that I can keep them interesting, I need to see them challenged in ways that they have never before so that they can evolve and become multi-dimensional. So no restrictions would mean that there would be multiple other characters that have the same powers as my characters and possibly different viewpoints and perspectives on matters.

It is for this reason that I have never napped one of my characters to be any more special than any other witch or wizard, the only thing that would set them apart from others is the way that I have created their personalities to be like and how they interact with other characters. Without any restrictions on whatever character I would want to have with any superpower, I would still go with the plain old boring dork that is the only normal one amidst a crowd of people with superpowers.

HEY
cutie

Mia Lorelei Kedding

(04/29/2015 at 17:02)
  • Ravenclaw '47
  • C14D11T14S23
  • ['46-'47] Duelling Finalist [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

ehhhh idk. probably I'd just give into basic fangirlisms and alter my characters in the following, respectable manner: make aries a sexy half fire-dragon-demon prince or something; give cissy fairy or angel wings, mahou shoujo outfits, and glittery foo foo powers of pinkness (as well as many rose-filled backdrops for whenever she needs to save vin darling from the forces of evil); and award mia control of the three elements she isn't associated with so she can become avatar proper. yup.

a princess carved from marble
S M O O T H E R   T H A N   A  S T O R M

* Calypso Ross

(04/30/2015 at 00:03)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C32D25T24S23
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I'd quite like to play a Dementor, suck out a few people's souls and make them lose the will to live. The usual.

G
Daring, Determination, Drive

Jackson Ross

(04/30/2015 at 06:57)
  • Ravenclaw '46
  • C16D9T15S9
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner Most Likely to Come Back as a Professor ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['42-'43] Duelling Finalist Larkspur - Most Humorous Superlative Winner - Most Resourceful
    • View Profile

Challenge Accepted

I'm probably not the person to ask. Out of all my characters, the only time I've special requested something was with Jacks, and that's because I wanted his levels to go more towards charms and trans.

So boring.

I don't know. Invisibility? That's a thing, right?

* Rowan Stann

(04/30/2015 at 13:14)
  • Hufflepuff '45
  • C7D4T6S5
  • ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Donor
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I'm going to take the easy way out. :P They would be like Francis Turin, just with less of a moral code. He's already got that super powerful magic thing going on, but his reservations about life have not given him the rise to power that he had envisioned. If he would have killed more people at the beginning, maybe he'd have his spot at the top already.

Or maybe he would just be dead.

HUFFLEPUFF
hard at work

Edmund Wolffe

(04/30/2015 at 15:36)
  • Hogwarts Librarian & School Counsellor
  • C15D14T14S13
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

er. . .apparently I’m not very creative. Perhaps someone with insanely acute divination skills and little to no other magical abilities?

Tags: