Vote for Player of the Summer now!

Author Topic: Day Twenty-One!  (Read 1075 times)

* Rowan Stann

(04/26/2015 at 22:10)
  • Hufflepuff '45
  • C7D4T6S5
  • ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Donor
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

This one's easy. Hufflepuff. My first character was a Huffle, and I just can't seem to let the house go. There's such a wide spectrum of personalities that find themselves in that house, and I love the whole "loyalty" trait that goes on. Also, hello, we're next to the kitchens! :)

HUFFLEPUFF
hard at work

* Viola Ross

(04/26/2015 at 23:36)
  • Gryffindor '42
  • C12D8T9S11
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Probably Ravenclaw? And not only because it's my Pottermore house - it's not only about being bookish or intelligent, but being creative and perhaps even a bit loopy, at times. And I think I'd like to play up some different angles of that at some point. Plus, blue looks good on pretty much everyone.

* Waldo Woodrow Angerville

(04/28/2015 at 08:02)
  • Archivist + Administrative Assistant
  • C8D15T11S18
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I am your stereotypical Ravenclaw who is too fond of philosophy, old English literature and studying. There is a lot of Gryffindor in me as well in the way I tend to connect with people, some Hufflepuff oftentimes interferes as well. And then there is the tiniest eleven percent of me that is Slytherin. And when my Slytherin shows, it is safe to say that I am precisely as Loxias Ricardus Junior.

It was therefor not too surprising that my first baby ended up in Ravenclaw and had a splendid time there, even when I tended to loose her between the pages of some old books and in the nooks of the Ravenclaw common room where she would be found studying. For her character, I am pretty sure that Ravenclaw has been the best option for her and I therefore enjoyed it much to play her just like that.

Most of my characters are surprisingly Slytherin, though. It was to be expected that both Loxias (no matter I never played him at the castle) and Salazar got themselves in Slytherin simply because of their self-preservation, cunning and ambition. It is probably more of a surprise that both Cladis and Arcus have a background being of Slytherin as well, for different reasons all together.

We won't talk about my failed Gryffindor character, but we can talk about my two Hufflepuff characters. Waldo is a currently played Hufflepuff character and I think that his personality perfectly suits everything that Hufflepuff house stands for. I am pretty sure that Nemo only ended up in Hufflepuff because he did not fit any other house's description. Nor did he fit well with the Hufflepuff's core value of loyalty, but that's a story for another time.

What I am trying to say, is that it depends on the character where I enjoy playing them most. It depends on what fits the best of that specific character, and it also depends on which house I am having a student character in.

― always

BE A LITTLE KINDER
THAN NECESSARY

Mia Lorelei Kedding

(04/29/2015 at 16:31)
  • Herbology Professor Ravenclaw '47
  • C14D11T14S23
  • ['46-'47] Duelling Finalist [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Slytherin has always fascinated me endlessly.

reasons? oh, I don't know—gimme your skype and misplace your trust so i can babble 'bout why. (:

a princess carved from marble
S M O O T H E R   T H A N   A  S T O R M

Aethelstan G. Lowsley

(04/29/2015 at 23:52)
  • Magical Creatures Registration Division—Junior Compliance Officer
  • C10D16T5S5
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Most Likely to Always be Single
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I always wanted a Slytherin. I finally have one, Zinaida. School just got in the way last term, but I'm looking forward to finally Slytherin-ing to the nines this term.

And on the pedestal these words appear:

'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair.'

Edmund Wolffe

(04/30/2015 at 15:50)
  • Hogwarts Librarian & School Counsellor
  • C15D14T14S13
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I’ve only ever had a Gryffindor and a Hufflepuff. Gryffindor is a lot easier for me to write, so I guess Hufflepuff will have to be my answer - I love a challenge and it’s surprisingly difficult at times. I do think that a Slytherin would be a lot of fun to write in the future.

Maël Rey-Cadwallader

(04/30/2015 at 22:41)
Challenge Accepted

Slytherin is so not me that I can't help but feel like it was really fun to write as one. I haven't been in all houses yet though, so we shall see.

Ursula Nonpareil

(05/01/2015 at 06:22)
  • Resistance Member & Sergeant, 101st Broom Battalion & Secretary
  • C11D5T10S7
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I don't really have a favorite house to write as, to be quite honest. Houses, while they are important in the HP universe and for many players/characters (and to me as well!), are just one facet to a whole character. It mostly depends on my character and how much I relate to them, like them, etc.  However, I do like making 'inversions' of house stereotypes when it comes to my characters. (E.g. Ursula being a violent, chaotic yet brave Gryffindor and Paris being the traditionalist and ambitious Slytherin who is actually a softie and yearns for true love.)

I haven't had a Hufflepuff yet, but I don't know what that says about me. :'D

HAVE YOU WRAPPED AROUND OUR TRIGGER FINGER

QUEEN BEE YELLOW; YOU'RE THE SKIN FOR OUR STINGER

WE'LL MAKE YOU SWOON, MAKE IT HURT

Tags: