As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: Day Nineteen!  (Read 1133 times)

* Viola Ross

(04/26/2015 at 23:29)
  • Gryffindor '42
  • C12D8T9S11
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

MOD, probably because I'm super into history lately? Plus I love the parallels to the muggle military and draft and angsting when people get drafted. Mostly: angst. Which is probably why St. Mungo's would be my second pick.

* Waldo Woodrow Angerville

(04/28/2015 at 07:41)
  • Archivist + Administrative Assistant
  • C8D15T11S18
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Obviously, when it comes down to Cladis Perses Gallion, I really have to go with St. Mungo's because that place is both his heaven and his hell and it is very interesting each and every time to find out what he is doing there and how he is coping with the treatment that is imposed on him and probably makes him even more insane than he already is.

But when I have to make a decision based on the preferences of Loxias Ricardus Junior, Salazar Ricardus and Ignis Fides Rivers, I definitely have to go with Ministry of Magic. Politically spoken, it is the ultimate arena where power can be obtained, maintained or lost. It is the place where austere men will fight for their own survival, make alliances with one another for as long as it is beneficial for the self and break them as soon as the other end would not hold up its word or proves itself to be more of a burden than something that can help win the battle for the power to rule the forsaken land of Britain. But I also love the Auror Office, where I can basically throw Salazar into each and every thread without any other character knowing his exact entitlement. I love the way he oftentimes fights with Martin over things seemingly insignificant, and gets himself in more trouble than he should probably get when he is just drunkly hanging around on the streets. So far, the Ministry has never let me down or failed to surprise me.

REASONS TO BE RICH
so i can spoil my friends

Mia Lorelei Kedding

(04/29/2015 at 16:16)
  • Herbology Professor Ravenclaw '47
  • C14D11T14S23
  • ['46-'47] Duelling Finalist [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

fave institution?

T H E  M I N I S T R Y

auror things are my bias, but i just adore it—super honored to be a mod there (thank you so much, Neka!). <3
a princess carved from marble
S M O O T H E R   T H A N   A  S T O R M

Aethelstan G. Lowsley

(04/29/2015 at 23:48)
  • Magical Creatures Registration Division—Junior Compliance Officer
  • C10D16T5S5
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Most Likely to Always be Single
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Ministry.

I love the MOD. I signed up for it the minute it opened. DP is great, and I'm glad Nora is there. But how could I pick anything other than Ministry? I'm a politician at heart, and if we could have threads of political maneuverings going on all year long, I would post every day in them.

And on the pedestal these words appear:

'My name is Ozymandias, king of kings:

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair.'

Jackson Ross

(04/30/2015 at 06:52)
  • Ravenclaw '46
  • C16D9T15S9
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner Most Likely to Come Back as a Professor ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['42-'43] Duelling Finalist Larkspur - Most Humorous Superlative Winner - Most Resourceful
    • View Profile

Challenge Accepted

I'm gonna go with MOD.

I love the history side of it, correlating with the actual war, and being able to see things from the wizarding side. I'm not too active as I should be with Bo in it, but I do appreciate all the effort put into it.

Edmund Wolffe

(04/30/2015 at 15:32)
  • Hogwarts Librarian & School Counsellor
  • C15D14T14S13
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I haven’t really paid much attention to any of them to be honest >.>
But if I have to choose, I’ll go with Daily Prophet. I love how creative everyone gets with it.

Maël Rey-Cadwallader

(04/30/2015 at 22:32)
Challenge Accepted

I don't have too much experience in any of these, but I will say I am really excited to start actually working for the Daily Prophet. And the articles are really cool. More people should be reporters. *shamelessly promotes*

Ursula Nonpareil

(05/01/2015 at 06:11)
  • Resistance Member & Sergeant, 101st Broom Battalion & Secretary
  • C11D5T10S7
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Ministry for sure! It's probably because I'm biased because I've got three characters over there now. >> But I do love the political intrigue and the fact that it's a bastion of power and control.

HAVE YOU WRAPPED AROUND OUR TRIGGER FINGER

QUEEN BEE YELLOW; YOU'RE THE SKIN FOR OUR STINGER

WE'LL MAKE YOU SWOON, MAKE IT HURT

Tags: