As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: Day Fifteen!  (Read 1550 times)

* The Narrator

(04/15/2015 at 00:35)
    • View Profile
The HSNet

Day 15.
Day 15.

What is your favorite thread of someone else's? Which thread have you enjoyed reading or just thought was awesome?

30-Day Challenge

To get the code: hit select, then ctrl/cmd + C to copy!
Code: [Select]
[div style="width:450px; font-family:lavanderia; color:#87a9b5; font-size:60px; box-sizing:border-box; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:right; line-height:60%; margin-top:10px;"]Challenge Accepted[/div]
[div style="box-sizing:border-box; width:450px; border:5px double #87a9b5; padding:10px;"]
[div style="font-family:verdana; color:#666; font-size:12px;"]

What is your favorite thread of someone else's? Which thread have you enjoyed reading or just thought was awesome?

[/div]
[/div]

Chartreuse Greene

(04/15/2015 at 02:54)
  • Hufflepuff '45
  • C14D7T13S7
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Player of the Summer ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist Freesia - Most Spirited
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

You must be crazy. I've liked a lot, and my mind is drawing a blank on specifics like an old dog. But mostly ones that aren't circling around snogging and romance. :)

I AM your head girl
It's clearly all chorus, and I won't be a part of it.

Caius Thorne

(04/15/2015 at 04:01)
  • Seventh Year
  • C9D6T6S8
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

This one. It's a great read so far, I can't wait for more.

BANG BANG
my baby shot me down

Raasiel Albear

(04/15/2015 at 04:05)
Challenge Accepted

Little Lions~ *rolls in feels*

I just can't get over these two. And I'm not sorry. I can't wait to see what the future has in store for Casper and Noel even though it will hurt.

« Last Edit: 04/30/2015 at 18:13 by Raasiel Albear »

Frances Severin

(04/15/2015 at 06:14)
  • Fifth Year
  • C7D7T6S3
  • ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I feel like Vi, Jacks and Hannah beat me to this one, but Bolynn and Lucsander. yes, yes good.

Progeny
/präjənē/ - noun
a descendant or the descendants of a
person, animal, or plant; offspring.

Chantal Marie Renard

(04/15/2015 at 13:33)
  • Wizengamot Member French Professor
  • C20D15T20S17
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Guys, really ... Picking one thread from some 10,000 threads. Not cool.

But I still loves you. <3

Anyway, one thread that remained in mind because ... well, all hell broke loose after it and it was really well done by the two people involved (miss you two, by the way).

The Blueprint

I rest my case.

Joy Detora

(04/15/2015 at 22:03)
  • Auror
  • C18D10T20S12
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

You guys are so mean for making me do this, but I'm going to go old here and trawl this and this out.

The first one is called The Rules of the Game, and is an Ellerie and Maverick thread. This is the one where they become spies and go to Germany and I just love how the characters interact with each other. Ellerie is such a multi-layered character and I love reading her, and same for Maverick. Maverick is personally, as much a Gryffindor as a Slytherin.

The second is the Wizengamot Blood Status Bill, and for all those oldies who were there I'm sure you enjoyed it. I loved reading it, and just as a shout-out I loved reading Loxias Ricardus and Lysander because they're such elitists and it's so fun. Lysander in particular here, since this character is so elitist and pressured and Slytherin and pureblood and complicated. He is very well-developed and I trawled for most of his threads.

Loyalty, Labor, Love

Tiberius Owain Paladin

(04/16/2015 at 02:08)
  • Fourth Year
  • C2D2T1S3
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

This isn't really a written thread but I REALLY ADORE PANDA'S SCRAPBOOK FROM SUMMER 1943. This is one of the best examples of how to use a journal for your character on site and I think about it a lottttt. It's really amazing how much time and thought was put into finding the super-gorgeous images and applying them to things that happened at camp?

It's also cool to see gifs and stuff used because wizards essentially have printed gifs.

Theirs would be the Light, his would be theDark:
And from his desolate throne
he watched them compose
A mountainous wall of stone,
to separate themselves from him.
A massive, jagged barricade    
to lock themselves in.

Gregory Noble

(04/16/2015 at 03:31)
Challenge Accepted

This is like impossible. Stop.

Okay, I'm going to pick Reaction.

When I first read this thread, it made me shiver. I always remember going through it and having such intense feels. Both of the players are so talented, and the thread is so beautifully written while playing on a very serious theme. Yeah, this guy. This one is good.

* Calypso Ross

(04/16/2015 at 12:30)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C32D25T24S23
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

DERGENE'S 'HE DOESN'T KNOW WHY' BECAUSE IT MAKES MY HEART HURT.

* Wilhelmina Mason

(04/16/2015 at 15:20)
  • Secretary In-Training
  • C12D6T8S11
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Again, there are SO MANY.

Recently, I've been following this thread. I'm intrigued and excited to see where it goes.

Jackson Ross

(04/16/2015 at 19:20)
  • Ravenclaw '46
  • C16D9T15S9
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner Most Likely to Come Back as a Professor ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Larkspur - Most Humorous ['42-'43] Duelling Finalist Superlative Winner - Most Resourceful
    • View Profile

Challenge Accepted

From recent memory, I'm going to go with this one. I don't remember why I ended up reading it. I never read patrols. I wasn't involved with, or heck, really knew any of the characters.

But I do remember it making me actually gasp out loud when Calypso got obliviate'd by Robert.

So, there's that.

Nathaniel Ross

(04/17/2015 at 01:06)
  • Junior Healer
  • C11D8T7S7
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I think Jamie should answer this question for me ;)

Jackson Ross

(04/17/2015 at 01:07)
  • Ravenclaw '46
  • C16D9T15S9
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner Most Likely to Come Back as a Professor ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Larkspur - Most Humorous ['42-'43] Duelling Finalist Superlative Winner - Most Resourceful
    • View Profile
That's not how this wORKS NOVES.

Nathaniel Ross

(04/17/2015 at 01:11)
  • Junior Healer
  • C11D8T7S7
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile
Fine I cheated. Learned the skill from dad.

* Eugene Bryce

(04/18/2015 at 19:59)
  • Owner of AB&C Daycare
  • C15D4T15S4
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Iris - Most Friendly
    • View Profile

* Geryon Crowley

(04/20/2015 at 15:52)
  • Owner of Crow's Creatures
  • C22D12T26S12
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Challenge ACCEPTED

Here too I'll find a nice shiny link when my computer wants to cooperate. But I always always always love reading the threads of Ignis and Cladis. They are so fantastic. I also stalk Lucille a bit these days.

But I should really read more threads in general

There’s nothing like a trail of blood
to find your way back home

Hana Sato

(04/22/2015 at 05:45)
  • Fourth Year
  • C3D5T4S4
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I don't like this question. mostly because i haven't read that many threads tbh i'm so behind ack

Buuuut, I'd have to agree with Chantal's choice, The Blueprint was just amazeballs. even though i only skimmed it, but i really really wish i had enough time to actually read it through like ugh

HAVE  YOU  EVER  REALLY  DANCED  ON  THE  EDGE?
just hold my hand and jump

Cecily Noble

(04/26/2015 at 21:06)
Challenge Accepted

Like, all of them. Ones with Lucille and Calypso are ridiculously fun and they should be illegal, and Rin and Ed and Ra'as and boys and Felix and Maël and all of them

* Rowan Stann

(04/26/2015 at 21:57)
  • Hufflepuff '45
  • C7D4T6S5
  • ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Donor
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Yeah, this is way too difficult to answer. But I guess I'll choose Betwixt. One, because I'm incredibly biased towards SM-related threads, and two, because it shows a great inner struggle that the two deal with, trying to be their own people when something different was demanded of them.

HUFFLEPUFF
hard at work

Tags: