Participate in our 20th birthday challenge!

Author Topic: Day Fourteen!  (Read 1597 times)

* The Narrator

(04/14/2015 at 00:12)
    • View Profile
The HSNet

Day 14.
Day 14.

Favorite thread you've been in.

30-Day Challenge

To get the code: hit select, then ctrl/cmd + C to copy!
Code: [Select]
[div style="width:450px; font-family:lavanderia; color:#87a9b5; font-size:60px; box-sizing:border-box; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:right; line-height:60%; margin-top:10px;"]Challenge Accepted[/div]
[div style="box-sizing:border-box; width:450px; border:5px double #87a9b5; padding:10px;"]
[div style="font-family:verdana; color:#666; font-size:12px;"]

Type your response here!

[/div]
[/div]

Jackson Ross

(04/14/2015 at 01:19)
  • Ravenclaw '46
  • C16D9T15S9
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner Most Likely to Come Back as a Professor ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Larkspur - Most Humorous ['42-'43] Duelling Finalist Superlative Winner - Most Resourceful
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

There's definitely a few that I've loved over the years, but I probably have to go with this one. I just really liked the style of it, and not having to tell a story in a linear manner was really fun and creative.

Plus I love Toni and writing with her in general, so that might help too.

Viola Ross

(04/14/2015 at 01:55)
  • Gryffindor '42
  • C12D8T9S11
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

You beat me to it. I loved that thread. It was such an interesting way to write and explore a relationship, one post is happy and the next is depressing or even a little disturbing. We jumped around in their timeline and revealed certain details a little at a time, hinting at things here, exploring a healthy aspect of the relationship there. It also helped that the nature of them, together, was (and is) sort of volatile and unpredictable.

Also Jamie is wonderful and I love her and I'm so happy we decided to go through with such a crazy idea for a thread because clearly, it paid off.

Also thank you for finding it so I didn't have to

Also because I'm a filthy rotten cheater: this and this and this.

« Last Edit: 04/17/2015 at 01:10 by Viola Vane »

Chartreuse Greene

(04/14/2015 at 02:52)
  • Hufflepuff '45
  • C14D7T13S7
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Player of the Summer ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Freesia - Most Spirited
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

One time Chartreuse helped make a pillow fort!

I AM your head girl
Me & you is thinking buddies

Caius Thorne

(04/14/2015 at 03:05)
  • Seventh Year
  • C9D6T6S8
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I love all my threads. If I had to choose one, I guess this is it.

BANG BANG
my baby shot me down

Chantal Marie Renard

(04/14/2015 at 03:46)
  • Wizengamot Member French Professor
  • C20D15T20S17
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Out of 400 or so threads that I've been in and I have to pick one?

Sorry, no can do. Way too many to list in here and probably unable to find all of them, since some would be at Yucko Land as well. I would put on the list loads of Supra Mortalitas plot threads that I've participated into. Also lots of Prudence Bilgewater plot threads. That D-Squad prank thread in Sergei Vasilijev's office with all the cats unleashed in the office. Quite a few personal plot threads would also be on the list, including the one when Chantal first experienced wandless magic of her own.

Yeah, too many list around here. Sorry!

EDIT

If you really want me to pick one, ok, I'll pick one of the most amusing ones I had lately - Gabby doing 'Indecent Proposal' with Martin Hawksworth: Portkey to thread

« Last Edit: 04/14/2015 at 14:08 by Chantal Marie Renard »

Raasiel Albear

(04/14/2015 at 03:48)
Challenge Accepted

I've had a lot of threads that I've absolutely adored, so it's really hard for me to pick one. Ra'as' very first thread will always be dear to my heart, as will the threads where he first met his wonderful friends and crushes. As for this summer, I'm currently in love with this one with Caius and Casper~ <3 Look at this beautiful foundation to future plots~

« Last Edit: 04/30/2015 at 18:12 by Raasiel Albear »

* Rowan Stann

(04/14/2015 at 03:53)
  • Hufflepuff '45
  • C7D4T6S5
  • ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Donor
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

This prompt sent me diving through archives, and reading over ones I love, and have read many many times. It's quite difficult to choose one favorite thread. So, I'm going to bend the prompt a little and go with two choices. Because I can.

This thread is one of my favorites because there's so much emotion and angst happening. It's the first time that Tegan saw her father since he murdered her mother, and the first time he realizes that he is her father. All of that, along with Anna's energy and anger made it a really fun thread to write.

And then there is this one. Picking a favorite Turin thread is not easy at all. I love almost all of his threads. But this one really shows what the characters think of each other for one of the first times, all of the backstabbing and manipulations that are attempted even in the highest level of control within SM.

HUFFLEPUFF
hard at work

Tiberius Owain Paladin

(04/14/2015 at 03:55)
  • Fourth Year
  • C2D2T1S3
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Um, although it didn't really get very far I still really adore the intro posts to this thread between Crow and Ars. I'm like, wait did I write this? Tbh my fear and respect for Julie wrote it so lol

BUT YE I want to write like this all the time.

Theirs would be the Light, his would be theDark:
And from his desolate throne
he watched them compose
A mountainous wall of stone,
to separate themselves from him.
A massive, jagged barricade    
to lock themselves in.

* Wilhelmina Mason

(04/14/2015 at 04:30)
  • Secretary In-Training
  • C12D6T8S11
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I've had so many favorites. So many. I feel like I'm randomly throwing a dart at them all and choosing whatever it lands on. But, here you go. Here are two Zyce threads that I still love reading over and over.

The Masks We Wear because Pryce is adorably awkward and a little vulnerable and very much himself. It's not often I get to write him that way anymore. In this thread, I could just feel his desperate ambition seeping through. I never imagined then that he'd actually become Minister.

Think of It as an Opportunity was wonderful, because it shows who Pryce really is. He was confronted with life-changing news and all he cared about was his reputation and his future in the Ministry. It was so much fun to explore his complete lack of emotion. I was completely obsessed with this thread while it was happening.

Daniel Marcus Reed

(04/14/2015 at 10:18)
  • Dragon Research & Restraint Bureau - Trainee
  • C13T8D7S9
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I really love a lot of my threads, especially because everyone here are so talented and fun to roleplay with!

There's one thread that in my mind stands out, though. Linky. It's a snapshot thread with Daniel and Cedric back when they were at Hogwarts still, and starts out with a little trip out on the lake to pet the giant squid. Needless to say they both end up in the water fleeing from the 'monster'!

I love this thread for so many different reasons. Firstly, Ced's awesome and I learned so much about writing from Britt through threading with her. Secondly, this thread and Daniel's friendship with Cedric helped shape the way he turned out in many ways. He developed and changed a lot during his first year at Hogwarts, and this thread shows a lot of that. I love seeing my characters develop through interactions with other characters!

Let the sky fall
When it crumbles
We will stand tall
And face it all together

Flora Blackwell Chaucer

(04/14/2015 at 15:36)
  • Fifth YEAR
  • C5D5S4T4
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Ohhhh man. Of all time?

I still have a really special place in my heart for this thread-- it was very difficult to write at the time, though reading back on it now I probably would have done a lot of things differently writing-wise. oh, well.

rip lucsander

springtime

carried by stones
fairyland all around us

Joy Detora

(04/14/2015 at 22:35)
  • Auror
  • C18D10T20S12
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I can't choose. I'm sorry, challenge, but I just can't do it. I have so many threads, and all of them have a special place in plots and just plain fun. Although honestly, if you actually made me it's this or this.

The first one I love is because it's such a catalyst for the Lulypsoy plots and the whole Halfblood Heiresses thing. Joy forced Lucy to confront something, and Lucy made Joy realize just how her best friend had been stolen from her. Also, I just love threading with Willa. So there's that.

The second I love because it's a big turning point for the Joydo relationship. It was a great way to explore how they felt about each other, and all the little nuances between these two teenagers who get a little physical. My favorite romantic thread for sure.

you may be good looking
but you're not a piece of art

* Estella Ricardus

(04/15/2015 at 00:40)
  • Adult
  • C16D11T10S13
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

So I was trying to decide how to figure out just which thread is my favorite and as I was thinking I remembered I have one thread saved (besides the threads I track for Kella and Zephleen ships) which is this thread here. I really discovered a lot about Kath in that thread (though who wouldn't in a 13 page thread amirite?) and even though it's quite dysfunctional for a non-relationship I loved every minute of it. Kath is my baby after Calla and I love that neurotic little Ravenclaw.

Frances Severin

(04/15/2015 at 06:09)
  • Fifth Year
  • C7D7T6S3
  • ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Well, the torture of my characters, I'm realising, are always at the top of my mind; threads I truly relish are usually those kinds of threads, so first, I'd like to allude to Ipseity with Turin (it was finished at summer camp in 1973, if someone wants the ending), and then there is, of course, Somersaults, with major Savius-confrontation.

a fresh posion each week

every sunday's getting more bleak

Gregory Noble

(04/16/2015 at 03:10)
Challenge Accepted

Contrast

This is one of the most challenging questions to answer, since there are so many great threads and I’ve had the chance to write with so many amazingly talented people. However, I chose this one because it is what I am most proud of. As strange as it is to admit, this thread is one that I continually go back to and read again and again. It started out as a chance meeting, for Cedric and Robert just to run into one another and begin a weird friendship. It never started with intention to be anything more than a bar fight, but they had so much chemistry that poured out and the characters really just took on a life of their own.

* Calypso Ross

(04/16/2015 at 12:26)
  • Head of the Auror Office
  • C32D25T24S23
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['45-'46] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Biggest Teacher's Pet ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['42-'43] Queen of the Hospital Wing
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

This is the most ridiculous thread I have ever had the fortune to be in and I regret nothing. Almost everything about it is perfect, from almost-naked Vincenzo Kedding to watching Hoppy's painful flirting to Jacks hoping Vin might think he was a snake.

Nathaniel Ross

(04/17/2015 at 00:59)
  • Junior Healer
  • C11D8T7S7
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Not even going to try to list just one. Also, if you don't have yuku account ):
Somewhere Only We Know - Naola's birthdays snaps
Potholes - Sophie and Natey
Bad Blood - Jackson and Natey

Who We Are - where Lola kicked Timothy in the face.
On Tuesdays - where Tisme played in the rain.
I Bet It Stung - where Tisme fought.
On Sharing - where Tisme fought (again--thanks Lola).

* Eugene Bryce

(04/18/2015 at 20:53)
  • Owner of AB&C Daycare
  • C15D4T15S4
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Iris - Most Friendly
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Oh god this is tough. But I'm probably going to go with the Jacksene snaps, part one and part two, with the bonus kissing snaps, because it has been so much fun fleshing out their (not)relationship and seeing just how nerdy they can be.

And then there was the Derek and Eugene thread that tore my heart to pieces. Whomp.

Eira Rhycw Medraut

(04/20/2015 at 08:27)
  • Ghost
  • C10D10T8S8
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! Most Likely to Cheer You Up ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile

Challenge Accepted

Do you mean this one Chartreuse?

Hmmm there's so many weird and wonderful threads I've done with Eira, personally I love this thread with Sophia, it's the second of the three unfortunate events that led to Eira and Sophia to be best friends; it just took Eira capturing her friend in a bamboo cage at summer camp, frightening her in the hedge maze and professing her friends undying love for a boy in front of him to get to that point!

I will also always have a special place for the cannibalistic vegetables as it was one of the first open threads I actually threw Eira into!

Wait a minute.  Those cookies aren't chocolate chip.  Those...are...raisins.  WHYYYYYY-HY-HYYYYY?!!

Loyalty, Labor, Love

Tags: