Give our summer workshops a go!

Author Topic: Day Ten!  (Read 2900 times)

* The Narrator

(04/09/2015 at 23:39)
    • View Profile
The HSNet

Day 10.
Day 10.

Favorite personal plot - doesn't have to be your own!

30-Day Challenge

To get the code: hit select, then ctrl/cmd + C to copy!
Code: [Select]
[div style="width:450px; font-family:lavanderia; color:#87a9b5; font-size:60px; box-sizing:border-box; text-transform:lowercase; text-align:right; line-height:60%; margin-top:10px;"]Challenge Accepted[/div]
[div style="box-sizing:border-box; width:450px; border:5px double #87a9b5; padding:10px;"]
[div style="font-family:verdana; color:#666; font-size:12px;"]

Type your response here!

[/div]
[/div]

Raasiel Albear

(04/10/2015 at 02:18)
Challenge Accepted

I'm not allowed to give away the details, because a lot of it hasn't happened yet, but my favorite personal plot right now involves Noel Delaney and the future of the Little Lions ship and just UUUGGGGHHHH. Tori is killing me with feelings. I just. Can't. Even.

But, since that might not apply to this, my next favorite is the drama surrounding Jacksene, from the blossoming crush to the confession and crushing aftermath. I wasn't even here for the very beginning, and it's been a wild ride. I adore reading these poor boys. My heart goes out to Eugene sooooo much.

« Last Edit: 04/30/2015 at 18:09 by Raasiel Albear »

Camilla Noble

(04/10/2015 at 03:11)
  • Seventh Year
  • C6 D8 T7 S6
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Well, I've always been a sucker for plots that involve arranged marriages, mostly because it's one of the first plots I've actually planned with somebody - and it's quite fun, though as personal plots go, it can also be confusing when if you've got lots of events planned. I also liked the star-crossed lovers plot, like the Serazar ship I had going with Jip, or any unconventional couple/ship, really. So there.

but leave her wild
love her

Rowan Stann

(04/10/2015 at 03:27)
  • Hufflepuff '45
  • C7D4T6S5
  • ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Donor
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

It's an old one, but still a good one, my favorite is the Flogene plot, and everything involved. From family ties, to blood status, to relationships, it's all great. So much tension, and frustration, all while trying to do right in the eyes of their family. It's definitely one of my all time favorites.

HUFFLEPUFF
hard at work

Viola Ross

(04/10/2015 at 04:02)
  • Gryffindor '42
  • C12D8T9S11
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I really have to go with that time Petty slowly stole every prefect badge. We had some 16+ prefects that term, too. I just really enjoyed watching everyone try to guess who the culprit was, threading out their missing badges, and then the big reveal at the end of term with Petty in the hedge maze.

Also, the ONLY good thing about yuku that you will ever see me admit is that it let us do this:

And ugh, you know what, I really have to mention the entire Heaving Bosoms/Cissy Sonorus saga. It was just so teenaged and so much fun to read. Also, shoutout to the Heaving Bosoms: TNG crew. You do us all proud.

« Last Edit: 04/10/2015 at 14:54 by Viola Vane »

Nathaniel Ross

(04/10/2015 at 04:10)
  • Junior Healer
  • C11D8T7S7
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile
Shiny things and doorknobs.

Tiberius Owain Paladin

(04/10/2015 at 05:09)
  • Fourth Year
  • C2D2T1S3
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I'm still a hardcore sucker for #elves which was my first real ship but the time we spent planning how much they hated and loved each other was really intense and I have a small feel.

Also some future threads with a MAELIX feat. Ars and some things with my Arai family but those are all to-be sooo

do your best to keep your distance in this instance
you're a stranger in the weeds

Nathaniel Ross

(04/10/2015 at 06:14)
  • Junior Healer
  • C11D8T7S7
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Well, I don't know if this counts as a plot but once upon a time, we have a family of Fuches signing up at Hogwarts. 7 kids, German, each of them a seven deadly sins. It was a rather messed up family but it was fun while it lasted.

Envy and pride didn't work really well together, but that's not surprising at all, is it?

Jackson Ross

(04/10/2015 at 06:17)
  • Ravenclaw '46
  • C16D9T15S9
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner Most Likely to Come Back as a Professor ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['42-'43] Duelling Finalist Larkspur - Most Humorous Superlative Winner - Most Resourceful
    • View Profile
My favorite is that Seaver Bob is still listed as the care taker.

Nathaniel Ross

(04/10/2015 at 06:19)
  • Junior Healer
  • C11D8T7S7
    • View Profile
Because he is.

Frances Severin

(04/10/2015 at 06:46)
  • Fifth Year
  • C7D7T6S3
  • ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I think (sadly) that the personal plots I remember best are my own.

I've always been a big fan of Eve + blackmail, no matter which character was doing the blackmailing. The more intricate of those plots was Savius; we had to have spreadsheet to keep track of time and threads, and we still have most of the threads.

Second to that was ICES, which was basically Eve toying with other people's feelings and a lot of fun.

Of other people's plots, I think Lucsander was a favourite thing because of the heartbreak and bittersweet memories they indulged in, as well as everything Francis Turin + failure. I enjoy that plot too.

« Last Edit: 04/10/2015 at 06:49 by Frances Severin »
a fresh posion each week

every sunday's getting more bleak

Joy Detora

(04/10/2015 at 10:33)
  • Auror
  • C18D10T20S12
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Tbh I'm surprised nobody has said this yet. Lulypso/Halfblood Heiresses for the win! All the drama around that, it was just like, God these girls are insane. Especially Joy and Lucy sniping at each other all the time, and their duel.

i'm laughing, i'm crying
it's my party, and i'll cry if i want to
it feels like i'm d y i n g

* Chantal Marie Renard

(04/10/2015 at 10:49)
  • Wizengamot Member French Professor
  • C20D15T20S18
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

So many personal plots to go through, so little time ...

I'll pick a few of the more amusing ones. Well, ok, probably won't be terribly objective about one of them, but I thought it was amusing.

One, my own, was the introduction of Isabelle Renee Snidget to the world. 8 year-old pigtailed Izzy crashed the Yule Ball of the Triwizard Tournament at Durmstrang (with the help of her Grams, bless her heart). It didn't take long for her to pick a fight with a student and then promptly scream for her older sister Ronnie for help. Yeah, Izzy was there to see Ronnie and maybe catch a glimpse of her boyfriend (which she did). And, afterwards, during an improvised Quidditch game during the ball with Anabella Blair (also known as Mini Blair), Izzy inadvertently launched an ice-cube (read 'bludger') towards the head of one Etain Battersea. Thankfully, the woman caught the projectile and scolded Izzy, but not too hard. So yes ... the young blonde made quite an impression. ;)

As for someone else's plot ... totally loved the 10,000 (or maybe just 16) stolen prefect badges plot courtesy of our very own Petty Thistlecomb. I remember scratching my head day after day, attempting to figure out who stole the badge. When the answer was really under my nose. Love you, Petty! <3

And hey ... let's also mention Seaver Bob Fuchs. Because, from an inside joke in the chatroom (I think?), he became and still is the Hogwarts caretaker. The very best there is.

Geryon Crowley

(04/10/2015 at 11:28)
  • Owner of Crow's Creatures
  • C22D12T26S12
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Challenge ACCEPTED

I have promised myself to get better at reading and keeping up with other people's threads, but there has been some plots that I have not been able to stay away from: Jacksene of course - I mean, all the feeeels! Might have to do with the fact that I love Eugene with all my heart. I also really loved Elliot Blythe going through his fear of girls and then the metamorph stuff. And everything involving Panda has been so interesting to watch. And oh - I loved Kristoffer Carlisle with all the girls (Including my Sylvie)! Okay, maybe I have been paying a bit attention after all.

There’s nothing like a trail of blood
to find your way back home

* Wilhelmina Mason

(04/10/2015 at 16:07)
  • Secretary In-Training
  • C12D6T8S11
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

It's so hard to choose, so I'm just going to pick from my own.

I'm particularly proud of Naiward, because this allowed so much growth for Edward's character. Naomi's player and I never planned any of this out (which is even more exciting - when things just work). It was even more fun, because it took them a really long time to get where they are now - married with a baby girl. Eddie had to do a lot of growing up and they would have the most ridiculous arguments over the smallest offense. I was recently re-reading some of their threads, and I realized how much Eddie was (and still is a bit) nothing more than a spoiled child, but he tried so hard to be more for Naomi.

On a lighter note, I also have to mention another one with Eddie. He and Georgia Carlisle decided it would be a good idea to prank Birch. It's never a good idea. They got caught, Birch gave them magical lice that not only made their heads itch, but they screamed and pulled on their hair and were really annoying. The best part was...they were responsible for spreading the lice to the rest of the school. It was hilarious.

Also, the missing badges!!! I'm not sure Meghs ever really forgave Petty for that.

Gary Noble

(04/10/2015 at 21:33)
  • Fourth Year
  • C4D3T5S4
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

Scarlett was probably my favourite plotline - it was actually long, involved multiple characters and little arcs, and the ballroom scene (and the thread before that) were some of the things I missed the most when I left the first time. That and ICES. :)

Also, Mavsanderie or whatever that ship name was - them gallivanting around France and Germany, the spy mission things, all of that - just the absolute funnest. Actually, Mav's had some of the best plotlines of all my characters. Sanderiper was the best too. :3

Jackson Ross

(04/10/2015 at 22:22)
  • Ravenclaw '46
  • C16D9T15S9
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [1945] Superlative Winner Most Likely to Come Back as a Professor ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['42-'43] Duelling Finalist Larkspur - Most Humorous Superlative Winner - Most Resourceful
    • View Profile

Challenge Accepted

I really had fun with the Cabs bet in their fourth year - who could snog the most people. We set up a points system and just went for it. I miss them being young and carefree.

More recently, I enjoyed building up Jacksene just to wreck it c:

Eugene Bryce

(04/10/2015 at 23:16)
  • Owner of AB&C Daycare
  • C15D4T15S4
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Iris - Most Friendly
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

...Jacksene. UwU (RIP)

Rin Hunter

(04/11/2015 at 13:55)
  • Ex-chaser for the Falmouth Falcons
  • C12D8T11S13
  • ['47-'48] Quidditch Champions ['45-'46] Prefect Pick! ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Queen of the Hospital Wing ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! ['42-'43] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

That prefect badges thing sounds hilarious, too bad I wasn't there then. xD

I love all the drama with Jacksene, the Halfblood Heiresses, and with poor Ra'asiel after the article written by one Jackson Ross. Of course I love all the angst and awkwardness between Red/Rin and Edmund as well, going from enemies, to frenemies to a mix of everything else and confusion. Another personal plot I'm excited to play out of the whole Mizutori drama between Jun, his brother, and his parents were Jun hates his parents who equally hate him back where Jun did something against his parents and for it his parents are keeping a close eye on him and are slowly turning his own brother against him. His poor sisters are left oblivious to it all until it'll be too late.

i am not afraid

TO KEEP ON LIVING

Chartreuse Greene

(04/11/2015 at 14:35)
  • Hufflepuff '45
  • C14D7T13S7
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Player of the Summer ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist Freesia - Most Spirited
    • View Profile
Challenge Accepted

I’m kinda partial to ridiculous things. Surprise. I loved Eira’s hallucinogenic tirade across a few threads last term! It was just the right amount of odd ball humor without going too insane. It also helped that in her hallucinations, she saw Chartreuse as a big, bellowing pirate who spoke even weirder than she normally does.

I AM your head girl
You will show me loyalty

Tags: