As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum [4th Year and Up Party]  (Read 3589 times)

Maël Rey-Cadwallader

(12/09/2014 at 17:38)
Glaring up at Felix as the boy took his butterbeer, his gaze was softened for a tiny moment as Felix's fingers brushed his own before hardening again, though much of the harshness left his expression. "You need to share more, Maël. Polite society, and all."

When he leaned over, Maël snatched back his drink and took another long swig, lest the other boy take it again.

"Move. Over."

Though he realised that he had no reason to be upset with Felix—kissing was pretty much the name of the game they were playing—he still felt the jealousy rise up inside him, and he felt a little bit like he hated Joy. The two boys weren't really a thing, at least not exclusively. They had kissed other people, but, as Maël was finding out, knowing that he had kissed someone else, and seeing him kiss someone else felt completely different.

A confused and conflicted bunch of emotions barely flickered across his eyes. Love. Sadness. Hatred. Confusion. A belligerent anger beat them all back and Maël cooly replied, "No." He barely noticed Ra'asiel move away from them, and even so, it barely registered. "And you owe me more butterbeer from drinking some of mine. You get germs that way."

It was a stupid thing to say. He had drunk directly after Felix, and his lips had just been on Joy's. Undoubtedly, one of them would be kissing someone else a little later. Whatever germs anyone in the circle had, they would all be sharing by the end of the night.

Thinking about it was making him feel a little dizzy. Breaking eye contact with Felix, Maël leaned away from his friend, resting his elbow on his knee and then his head in his palm, a slightly melancholic expression tinged with annoyance on his face. His head was swimming. "I'm not moving, so if you want a seat you'll have to make one." In an act of great petulance, Maël stuck his tongue out, before turning to look at anyone not Felix.

Payton Rose

(12/10/2014 at 00:32)
  • Sixth Year
  • C8D6T8S7
  • Hyacinth - Most Sincere
    • View Profile
It was...a kiss. Nothing more, nothing less.

It brought heat to Payton's face, but that was more from knowing that Grant was watching her kiss Ra'asiel...Ra'asiel, whom he hated. Oh no. Payton's eyes widened as she sat there next to Ra'as, her inner panic taking over. She barely noticed Serena sitting next to her, though she did shift instinctively to make room.

She was still horrified...this was far worse.

She'd completely forgotten about the animosity between her boyfriend and the boy she'd just kissed; innocently, of course. But she didn't have to look to know that the waves of jealousy were coming from him (and there were a few interesting emotions in Maël's direction....but she was more focused on Grant). She swallowed heavily and folded her hands in her lap; she'd made a mistake, misjudged.

Merlin, she missed Grant.

Ra'asiel was sweet and lovely and kind...everything she could hope to have in a friend, but Payton would never be attracted to him; not in the fiery way she was attracted to Grant. The brief press of lips had been nice, sweet...but more comforting than anything and it hadn't lit the little fires in her stomach that Grant's kisses always seemed to ignite. Kissing her friend had just highlighted how much she missed her boyfriend, his touches, his kisses, his laughter...that light in his eyes when he looked at her.

And now they were sitting, like perfect strangers, in a circle of their peers, carefully ignoring each other. She couldn't stand it and she was beginning to feel the weight of their disagreement sit heavily on her shoulders. She looked up, suddenly desperate for air, and found her cousin's eyes, startled.

"Hi..." She breathed in Serena's direction, feeling her own blues start to water.

She would not cry, not here, not now when Grant was watching her, when he was so close and yet farther than they'd ever been. She felt Ra'as shifting on her other side and turned slightly red eyes on him briefly before dropping her gaze; she didn't want to make her friend feel bad. It wasn't his fault.

All of this was her fault...all hers.

She had no one to blame but herself and it was tearing her up inside.

Felix Oliveroot-Leontine

(12/10/2014 at 05:03)
  • Auror-In-Training
  • C10D6T6S5
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Prefect Pick! [1945] Superlative Winner ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
"No. And you owe me more butterbeer from drinking some of mine. You get germs that way."

"Is that what you're doing here? Field research - on germs?" The press of his shoulder against Maël's gave way as the other boy did, carrying him into the gap of sand which opened as Ra'asiel shifted to the side. It was still a slim fit, hardly comfortable and barely workable. Maël could lean away as much as he wanted; some part of him brushed against the other boy. A knee, a hip, peevishly trying to worm more space from him. Or worm his way back into the blonde's good graces.

Felix's eyes swung towards Ra'asiel for a brief moment, with an easy smile for his friend in thanks. For making space for him, and for the hint of discomfort he detected coming from that direction. Maël's - anger? hurt? - was becoming more and more obvious, and Felix needed that moment to look away and try to process just what was it he saw flash through the other's eyes before their gaze broke. But it was like grasping sand, feeling whatever it was elusively slip through his fingers. The emotions had flit through Maël's eyes too fast, too many.

With a feeling that the ground was shifting with every glance and word between them, he tried to regain some balance. As the feelings in Maël seemed to deepen, hardening into something more melancholy, the edge of the Hufflepuff's sharp tongue blunted itself even as his smile never wavered. "I'll give you as many Butterbeers as you want, it's our par-"

"I'm not moving, so if you want a seat you'll have to make one."

When he looked back to Maël, after a distracted glance towards where said refreshments were, his friend was sticking his tongue out at him. Felix's brows shot up, his smile flattening into a tight line. The blonde boy looked away, pointedly, and the dark haired one drew himself up.

"You know," He said, spacing each word evenly level, "No one is going to want to kiss you looking like that." That hung there for a span of seconds, between them.

In contrast, he suddenly leaned in with quick grace. His hand curled around the curve of Maël's cheek farthest from him, firmly yanking it back towards his. Gentle, but insistent to combat the boy's surly stubbornness.

And Felix kissed him. It was quick, barely what he would really call a kiss. But there was still that small kindle of warmth in the contact; he could taste the butterbeer on the other's lips.

And in a blink, a heart beat, he pulled away - not far, at first. Not right away.

"Now you won't have to worry about walking the plank." He said, loudly enough that other ears (if they were listening) could note it. That cocksure grin was back in place, the smile of the devil that dared. His eyes, however... they met blue ones steadily, hoping Maël would be able to read the message in them as he'd read his. Felix wasn't even sure what it was, but he hoped it was what the other boy needed.

"That makes me two for two." He said, a little louder, turning his head to toss the pronouncement over his shoulder to Ra'asiel. His eyes were still locked on Maël's, even as he fully straightened again. "I am now officially winning." Not that anyone had even said there would be a winner to the game; just a loser. Nonetheless, he bragged with the assurance of a tomcat. His fingers were only just slipping from Maël's cheek, as he let go. His eyes still hadn't looked away. "If anyone else wants to not walk the plank, just line up."

Felix's gaze finally broke away, his eyes fairly dancing with mischief - casting around for that Butterbeer he'd promised the other. If he was perturbed that anyone had, amid all the flutter going on with themselves, noticed what he had done, it didn't show. After all, this was the boy who would already be jumping the plank tomorrow morning to pay for this whole affair. Who ate it up when people gasped or groaned over what he had done this time. And who used that assurance, that no one could ever be sure to take what he did seriously, to his advantage. (As if he had much of a reputation left, anyway.) Cunning, clever, bold - how ever had this boy made it into Hufflepuff?

It might've had something to do with the way, amid his renewed claiming of a spot on the sand, his fingers fell from Maël's cheek and somehow found their way to curl, hidden, around the ends of his fingers.

(Developments arranged with the approval of Maël Rey-Cadwallader)
the road outside my house
is paved with  
good intentions

hired a construction crew

'cause it's h e l l on the engine

Raasiel Albear

(12/11/2014 at 08:32)
Things with Felix and Maël were getting heated near him, though Felix kept that glibness of his at the ready like a well-wielded weapon of charisma. Still, Ra'asiel was uncomfortable with it despite his mask of perfect calm. He felt something on his knee, however, and looked to see Nougat the toad staring up at him. He smiled, reaching down to gently stroke the creature's head.

Who's turn was it? Oh, Vladimir's. It didn't look like he'd spun yet.

"Want to watch?" Ra'asiel asked the toad, his slender hands gentle with the creature as he moved to hold him more properly.

"You know, no one is going to want to kiss you looking like that."

Felix's teasing voice caught Ra'as' ear, and he glanced over to see Felix placing a fairly quick kiss on the other boy's lips. For a moment, time stood still as he realized exactly what he'd just seen. To hear Rooster talking about kissing a boy was one thing, but to see two boys kiss - matter how chaste it had been - sent a jolt of something through him that he was terrified to examine.

"Now you won't have to worry about walking the plank."

His friend's words brought him back to reality, and he was grateful that he'd kept perfect control of his face the entire time, though surprise had been clear in his eyes for a moment.

Still, this was Felix, one of his best friends, and... oh, Merlin. What had he just done? Ra'asiel would have to ask him about this later - he would ask - but right now, he just wanted to help his friend avoid any unpleasantness.

"That makes me two for two. I am now officially winning. If anyone else wants to not walk the plank, just line up."

It was like lightning struck in Ra'asiel's mind, and he had a perfect cover.

"Wh-what? That's cheating!" he said just loudly enough to sound genuine as his face became indignant and flushed. Thank the Albear family he was a good liar. It was all their fault, anyway. He glared at his friend. "Felix, you can't up your count like that! It has to be with the bottle! If you do it that way, the bet is voi-!"

Aaaaand, there. That would do it. He made himself stop, as if he'd said something he shouldn't have, and then held Nougat up to Felix's face.

"Get him, Nougat."

Current Turn Order: (Subject to Change)
Vladimir Borovsky [has not spun]
Theodora Arwen Duke
Rooster
Sophie Ross
Rowan Stann
Serena Rose
B. Foster
Ra'asiel Albear
Grant Chemfield
Evelyn Takamura
Chartreuse Greene
Maël Rey-Cadwallader
Xanthos Duke
Brant Shiel
Oliver Pentaghast
Estella Ricardus
Felix Oliveroot-Leontine [Kissed Joy]
Eres Herondale [Kissed Rooster]
Payton Rose [Kissed Ra'asiel]
Joy Detora [Kissed Foster]

New additions will be added into the turn-order at the end (before Felix).

In an effort to keep things moving, if Vladimir hasn't posted in 24 hours from now, Theodora may take her spin, and Vlad can take his as he is able to (assume you went after whoever was the last to spin, and I will adjust the order accordingly). <3

* Vladimir Borovsky

(12/13/2014 at 12:52)
  • Auror in Training
  • C8D5T8S5
  • ['45-'46] Quidditch Champions Donor
    • View Profile
“Likes, if I ever spun Vlad here, you knows he's getting’ the best kissin’ of his life.”

Vlads head snapped back at rooster with a weary grin. He was joking right? As the bottle spun at the hand of Eres the pretty blonde at his side, he watched it attentively. And as it began to slow in thier general direction his eyes widened before blinking up at his friend in disbelief.

"You lucky son o' a..." he began to muttered umder his breath. But then instead of watching the kiss something else distracted him.

"Hello Vladi, Rooster, Xan." Vladi almost jumped to his feet. Estella was like his best female friend, and he was so happy to see she had decided to turn up - and the girl had timing as he was next to spin.

"Hey Ella." He greeeted in return with a smile, although he was blaitantly dissapointed that she had not took the seat beside him.

It was strange, they had both talked about the possibility of their first kiss last term at Hogwarts and now here they were, just about to do just that. Thinking about it, how was that going to make him feel? Would he mind seeing her kiss someone? Would she kiss him if it so happened to play out that way, or would it just be too awkward for the two friends to do that?

Grasping the bottle and giving it a swift spin he eyed the bottle as it went around and arround rapidly before coming to halt on Estella Ricardus.

His mouth dipped open in a mix of shock and suprise, as his cheeks began to feel hot. He blinked up with a gentle grin at her as she sat quietly on the other side of Rooster.

"Is this okay with you?" He didn't want to do it unless she was happy with the idea. The last thing he wanted was for it to discourage thier friendship somehow...
« Last Edit: 12/13/2014 at 19:48 by Vladimir Borovsky »
H O U S E  OF  B O R O V S K Y
soverignty for wolves is death to the lambs

Maël Rey-Cadwallader

(12/13/2014 at 15:48)
"You know, no one is going to want to kiss you looking like that."

Nothing Felix was saying was making him feel less grumpy, but his suddenness of movement made him swerve his head just in time. His lips were on the other's and Maël's eyes went wide with shock. They were in public after all, and they might be reckless sometimes, but he never imagined that Felix would be this reckless. This was private.

Even though he was angry—Felix kissing Joy, kissing him, being a snarky snark-bag—Maël felt the warmth he always associated with Felix's touch rise up in his chest.

The shock of the event gave him a minute to process what was going on.

"Now you won't have to worry about walking the plank."

So that was his cover. A bit flimsy, he thought. Probably not enough. What if people talk? What if they think we're a thing? They can't think we're a thing. I'm not ready! And we're not a thing! Are we a thing?!

"That makes me two for two. I am now officially winning. If anyone else wants to not walk the plank, just line up."

His shock hardened into annoyance. He hoped people would see it as annoyance for Felix being Felix and not for annoyance at the lack of warning he had received, and the panic that it caused to overwhelm him. Felix went and came back with a butterbeer, and Maël took it, a look of great resentment on his face despite the warmth in his chest as the other boy's fingers curled on his, hidden behind their knees and in the sand.

"Wh-what? That's cheating! Felix, you can't up your count like that! It has to be with the bottle! If you do it that way, the bet is voi-!"

Ra'asiel to the rescue, it gave Maël an idea. As his fellow Ravenclaw set the toad on the Hufflepuff they flanked, Maël said, "I don't think it works that way Felix! If I'm the last one spun on, then I might still have to walk it. Otherwise everyone could just be kissing everyone and it's a free for all." Raising his fist out of Felix's, he punched the other boy's arm. "And you stole my first kiss, you jerk! Now I'm going to have tell people I kissed you before I kissed a girl!"

Taking a deep swig of his butterbeer he said, "You know, even if you are 'two for two,' I bet you I could get more kisses than you any day." It was a challenge, and he hoped that the other boy would rise to it. Not only did it give them a friendly challenge as a cover, but it instantly made every kiss they received by others from this point on meaningless. At least it did in Maël's mind. The thought made it easier to cope with Felix kissing other people. At least, other people not Joy.

* Estella Ricardus

(12/18/2014 at 14:31)
  • Adult
  • C16D11T10S13
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Estella, eyes narrowed in concentration, focused on Rooster's words. She wasn't, generally speaking, very good at understanding games and it seemed very important to know how this game was played.

Fortunately, even with Rooster's strange accent, the game seemed relatively simple, albeit somewhat terrifying. She had never kissed anyone, no one had ever really tried. There had been talk of kisses, with Vlad, that day at the lake. There was still a lot about the...process she didn't know. With her mother dead, very few female cousins, and the oldest in her family, Estella did not have many opportunities to ask important questions about how it was supposed to be done.

Not knowing how to do it, however, did not stop her from thinking of doing it. There were plenty of boys she wouldn't mind kissing.

Shortly after Rooster's explanation, the empty bottle slowly came to a stop in their area. Exhaling a long breath, that hopefully wasn't too noticeable to anyone else, Estella relaxed a tiny bit. The bottle wasn't pointing at Vlad.

The thought of watching him kiss that blonde girl, or maybe anyone, had a frown pulling her full lips down and an unpleasant clenching feeling in her stomach. It was just about the exact opposite of the feeling that she got when her and Vladi spent time together. These feelings were beyond anything she could comprehend, mostly she figured they happened because he was her best friend and she didn't want anyone else filling that spot in his life.

Relaxation was short-lived. As Rooster finished up kissing and whatever else he was doing with the blonde, Estella watched her best friend's arm reach out and give the dark bottle a spin. The tightness was back in her belly and her eyes stayed, unblinking, on the bottle. Would she be able to watch him kiss someone else? Her fingers clenched tightly around the fabric of her skirt. Maybe she should just go and forget all about these confusing emotions roiling around. Maybe she shouldn't have come--

The bottle slowed, stopped. The open end was pointing at her.

Nerves flooded her in the form of that tightness releasing and sending thousands of tiny fluttering things throughout her stomach. Softened blue eyes looked across for familiar green ones, a shy smile starting, and the sensation in her stomach stilled suddenly. The expression on Vladi's face was hard to describe. Was he disappointed in where the bottle had stopped? His mouth formed some sort of a smile, perhaps her confusion about her own feelings was starting to affect her perception of others' feelings as well.

"Is this okay with you?"

It was nice of him to ask. She didn't answer immediately. Instead, she stared for a few moments, just taking in the features she knew almost as well as her own. They'd met first year, after all, and had spent a lot of time together over the years. Would a kiss change their friendship? It was difficult to say, but as she thought about it, over the past year when she thought about kissing it was always Vladi she pictured having her first kiss with. Now was her chance.

As a voice grew louder in the circle, Estella moved on her hands and knees over to him. She liked dressing girly but she had never had a problem with getting a little dirty. Staying planted on her knees, one hand reached for one of his and she twined their fingers together. Her other hand moved up and brushed a couple strands of hair from his forehead.

Her eyes found his again as she said, "I would-" really like to kiss you, "-be okay with this."

Raasiel Albear

(12/19/2014 at 17:59)

Great big OOC post~

Vladimir Borovsky [Spin Result: Estella]
Theodora Arwen Duke
Rooster
Sophie Ross
Rowan Stann
Serena Rose
B. Foster
Ra'asiel Albear
Grant Chemfield
Evelyn Takamura
Chartreuse Greene
Maël Rey-Cadwallader
Xanthos Duke
Brant Shiel
Oliver Pentaghast
Estella Ricardus
Felix Oliveroot-Leontine [Kissed Joy, Maël]

Theodora, feel free to take your spin. :)

Theodora Arwen Duke

(12/20/2014 at 14:31)
  • Adolescent
    • View Profile
IT

“Thank, I’m Oliver.”

She grinned back at the boy, before turning her eyes away from him to the circle. She didn't think much of the boy, he was new kind of like her. Her pink lips touched the cup again for another sip of butterbeer. This was probably the only way she would cope for the night.

It seemed like the bottle kept spinning, and more and more people were kissing. She couldn't help but, wonder who she would land on. The party was growing bigger, and bigger so more options were laid out. What would her cousin do? Surely, he probably wouldn't like it. He wouldn't dare make a scene out of it though. At least that's what she thought.

The blonde was snapped out of her constant daydreaming, as to what seemed like all eyes were staring at her own. She breathed in a breath of courage, before dainty fingertips touched the empty bottle. Then, she spun the bare bottle, and there it went spinning. It felt like ages went by before the bottle finally chose it's victim. Her seafoam orbs glanced up to the where the spout of the bottle landed on. It was Maël.

She observed how Felix kissed him, and she wasn't sure what she thought of it. It was better to get it over with, still she couldn't help that glow of her rosy cheeks becoming stronger. Surely, she wasn't going to jump off a plank. She definitely wouldn't jump off the plank while she was nude.

Theodora moved closer to where he was in the circle. She tilted her head slightly, eyes lingering on his for just a moment. Theodora moved closer to him while they were just inches apart from kissing. She wouldn't force a kiss out of him, especially if it caused drama between Felix, and Maël. The blonde just sort of stayed there with no movement, pondering her options. If only someone would make a move, and get it over with.

◤◢

sweet disposition
A moment, a love, a dream, a laugh. A kiss, a cry, our rights, ours wrongs.

Maël Rey-Cadwallader

(12/20/2014 at 20:21)
His conversation with Felix and Ra'asiel had completely distracted him from the game. So much so that he hadn't even realised that the all-powerful bottle was pointing at him.  Maël was forced to turn when the girl approached him, though. Slowly, a smile spread across his face when he realised what was happening.

God, she's beautiful, he thought as she approached. He was stunned by her pink lips, the flushed cheeks, her eyes. Though she seemed hesitant to do the deed—likely because of Felix's display—she was there, waiting. Their breath mingled, and he looked into her blue eyes. They stared at each other for a moment, within kissing distance, but not kissing. The tension was a thrill he knew he needed to write down.

Despite claiming to have had his first kiss only moments ago, Maël knew exactly what to do. Slowly, he reached a hand up into the girl's hair, grasping her firmly, but gently, before pressing his lips to hers. It was longer than his kiss with Felix had been. After all, this was no secret, and Maël knew exactly what to do. After half a minute, Maël broke it off and smiled up at the girl, before turning to his friends.

"Finally. Someone attractive to kiss," he jokes. Whether he said it or not, Maël definitely found Felix attractive, but to admit it in front of all these people was a definite no-no. Turning back to Theodora, Maël released her head and added, "But then there aren't too many people more beautiful than you in the world." It was stupid and cheesy, but the words had left his lips and he had drank too many butterbeers to care if he was being stupid. He shot her a wink before turning back to Felix. "Now I'm two for two. I'm catching you up, Oliveroot."

Felix Oliveroot-Leontine

(12/22/2014 at 06:13)
  • Auror-In-Training
  • C10D6T6S5
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Prefect Pick! [1945] Superlative Winner ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Without missing a beat, Felix was laughing, fending off Nougat the toad and mock-flinching at the punch to his arm. It was impossible to tell if all of it was feigned, or completely natural. His cleverness lay in more than just being able to weave believable lies; it was also in a carefully cultivated skill of manipulation. Why over-reach himself for a cover when he could tap into the oh-so-reliable source of the two Ravenclaws he knew?

He hadn't exactly planned on Ra'asiel jumping in, but he wasn't surprised, because the other boy was kind. And Maël had just as much to lose as he did, although it'd be a lie to say he didn't bank of some mote of affection for himself. Between the three of them, a pretty believable guise was pulled into place. Or so he believed, anyway.

"And you stole my first kiss, you jerk! Now I'm going to have tell people I kissed you before I kissed a girl!"

For a reason no one but Maël would know, besides Felix being an insufferably smug snark, his smile curled into a smirk. One brow raised, he took a slow sip of Butterbeer, to see if Maël could keep a straight face as he said those words. Words which were, for all intensive purposes, completely true even before this party began. (Though if they were going to be technical about who kissed who first-)

"You're on, Cadwallader." He replied, and with not a little bit of amusement. Was it too late to wonder what sort of monster he'd unleashed on Hogwarts? Like Sleeping Beauty turned into some sort of kiss stealer. My, but Maël was getting mighty confident.

Taking another swig of Butterbeer, Felix watched the latest revolution of the bottle 'round the circle. His fingers still touched over Maël's, as casual as if it had been unconsciously done. When the bottle landed on the other boy, they tensed for just a second. That was the only sign to give away that, for the third time, the Hufflepuff was considering if he hadn't thought this thing... all the way through.

But they were at Spin the Bottle, weren't they? They had all accepted the consequences of sitting in the circle, and he had kissed Joy. It was a game - just like this new bet was. And Theodora was very pretty; Felix couldn't fault his friend for kissing her. You just didn't insult a girl like that. Especially a pretty one. She even hesitated a little. Was she shy? That was kind of charming.

The deer-in-headlights look Maël wore for a few seconds was less so. If Felix wasn't master of his own expression, he would've glared at him. Why did the other boy looked so stunned? Like he had never seen a pretty girl before. The kiss, he noted with clinical approval, looked like it had been executed decently.

Good to know Maël had been paying attention.

"The night is young, and this circle is large." He quipped back at him, with a sarcastic shake of his head. As if the student would outpace the teacher. Over his dead body. Turning his attention to Theodora, the dark haired boy smiled. On the drop of a hat, Felix could switch his snarky tongue for a smooth charm. "His kiss wasn't as half-baked as his complement, was it?" His smile deepened a little, the slight incline of his head playful. "And hopefully, I get a chance to make you blush so prettily, too."

There was two things Felix was sure of tonight. One, he'd be Maël's last kiss of the night. For Reasons. Two, that didn't mean there wouldn't be a few other kisses between now and then. Definitely. Not.
« Last Edit: 12/22/2014 at 06:20 by Felix Oliveroot-Leontine »
my words can come out as a pistol and I'm no good at aiming but I can aim it at you
So I got edges that scratch and sometimes I don't got a filter
but I'm so tired of eating all of my misspoken words.

Theodora Arwen Duke

(12/23/2014 at 14:17)
  • Adolescent
    • View Profile
Before she knew it the boy's lips were against hers, and she gently shut her eyes. His hand was in her hair which she didn't really mind. Besides it was just a kiss. A kiss meant nothing most of the time, especially when it's played in spin-the-bottle. Even if it was just a kiss, she decided to return it the best her plump lips could do.

After they broke the kiss, she gave a small grin at the boy, cheeks still hot.

"Finally. Someone attractive to kiss,"

"Why, thanks." She mumbled almost turning around to go when he decided to add another remark.

"But then there aren't too many people more beautiful than you in the world."

"His kiss wasn't as half-baked as his complement, was it?"

She wanted to laugh at the both of them. There little game that the two were playing was kind of childish but, at the same time cute. Her grin became wider showing white pearly teeth.

"And hopefully, I get a chance to make you blush so prettily, too."

"Well aren't you two cute, dropping compliments all over the place." She snickered, before flashing a smile to the dark haired boy, and the blonde headed one. Here was the Duke in her showing as she walked away with the same attitude most of them had. Theodora didn't know what brought this on, maybe she had sipped a little much of butterbear. However, the girl liked it.

Her blue irises scanned the party for her cousin, finally finding him to check on how he was doing. She didn't know what he would think of her, but then again he was at this party too. She stepped beside him, a small smile placed on her rosy brims. "Better kiss someone before the party ends, or else someone's going to jump off the plank naked." Theodora teased, nudging him slightly in the shoulder.
« Last Edit: 12/23/2014 at 14:19 by Theodora Arwen Duke »
◤◢

I want adventure in the great wide somewhere. I want it more than I can tell. And for once it might be grand to have someone understand; I want so much more than they've got planned...

* Vladimir Borovsky

(12/29/2014 at 12:27)
  • Auror in Training
  • C8D5T8S5
    • View Profile
The game continued to play out but all Vladi could fixate on was his friend, his best friend shuffling on her knees closer towards him. Butterfly's erupted inside his stomach and moved upwards until it felt as though they had became lodged inside his throat.

At least this way, he wouldn't get to be jealous over the thought of his closest friend locking lips with another boy, or whoever possibly taking his place. But that did not change the nerves... Why was he so nervous?

As her fingers slid between his and another reached up to part his hair from his face his breathing hitched, but it was surprisingly enjoyable. His eyes lingered longingly on hers and the look she returned seemed to calm his nerves. Those beautiful and familiar eyes had always been a comfort to him.

"I would be okay with this."

This was it. He was actually going to kiss her. It was time to 'man up'.

Smiling his usual cheeky boy grin, the other anxieties dropped away with a shrugg. They were too good of friends to let anything as silly as a game of 'spin the bottle' come between the them - and in this moment none of that really mattered.

"Come here, then beautiful." He said with a wink, gently running a few fingers through a strand of her hair and pulling her closer to him. Closing his eyes, his hand in her hand gripped tighter as he placed his lips on hers with a gentle kiss.

It was warm and soft and as they parted he had the strange inclination to pull her back for another.
« Last Edit: 12/30/2014 at 16:45 by Vladimir Borovsky »

* Estella Ricardus

(12/30/2014 at 08:03)
  • Adult
  • C16D11T10S13
  • Donor
    • View Profile
The voices pushed against her eardrums, the soft brushing of the hollow bottle against blades of grass as the game continued registered with her; she ignored it all. Once again her mind was entirely encompassed with one thing.

That one thing happened to be her best friend. Estella was focused solely on Vladi. On his black hair and green eyes. All of his features were familiar, yet there was suddenly something new bubbling inside as she stared straight at him.

So much could change if her and Vladi kissed. Estella did not know very many pairs of best friends that kissed. Could they still be friends after kissing? There were lots of questions zooming about her brain as her eyes roved over Vladimir's face.

None of the questions seemed as important as the thought that having Vladi be her first kiss felt right. She wasn't sure why she had that feeling, Estella was not the type to delve too deeply into her emotions. That feeling was stronger than the ones making her wonder how their friendship might change and so that was the feeling she concentrated on.

After staring for what felt like hours a smile appeared on his face; his usual cheerful, mischievous smile. Estella couldn't help but beam her own brilliant smile back at the well known sight.

"Come here, then beautiful."

Her smile relaxed, softened, and turned a little shy. He had certainly never called her that before. Her breath stuttered a little when his hand reached out and ran through her hair, grazing her cheek just enough to cause her skin to tingle where his fingers had brushed.

And then he was pulling her closer and her breath stopped altogether for several long moments. In the instant before their lips met Estella felt Vladi's hand tighten around hers and her free hand moved to press against his shoulder for support.

Vladi's lips were softer than she had anticipated and Estella's eyes drifted to a close as their lips pressed together. Estella inched herself closer, enjoying the kiss and wanting it to last longer. However, before she knew it, Vlad was pulling back and her lips were her own once again.

She nearly pouted.

Instead of acting immature, Estella gently rubbed her nose back and forth across Vlad's before flashing another smile at him. Their first kiss over, Estella didn't move back to her previous spot between Xan and Rooster. She pushed off her knees, turned, and sat down between Vlad's legs. As she snuggled back against his chest Estella lifted her head and pressed her lips against his jaw.

"You could do that again." A little heat rose in her cheeks. "If you wanted."

She would most definitely not protest.

Chartreuse Greene

(12/30/2014 at 15:04)
  • Hufflepuff '45
  • C14D7T13S7
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Player of the Summer ['43-'44] Duelling Finalist ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Freesia - Most Spirited
    • View Profile
Chartreuse had sat there a little awkwardly, at first. Unsure of what all was happening. After a couple spins of the bottle, sweat had formed along her brow and her armpits were like marshes.

Her eyes were fixed on Vladimir. She wiped her hand across her forehead. It left her palm even clammier than it had been. The bottle did not stop on her. She was relieved. She had never kissed a boy, unless you counted her cousins, but those weren't real kisses. Those were just pecks on the cheek forced out of them by family tradition.

When Vladimir looked at his best friend, a smile popped on his face as he shrugged. She did not like that. It was unsettling, almost like he had given in to his stalker.

"Come here, then...beautiful."

Before he could do any further damage, Chartreuse turned and stood up, mumbling excuses as she stalked off. This was much more intense than she thought it would be. Her heart felt all sorts of weird. Her head was a little light. She was definitely not having the time of her life.

Her pace quickened as she found the path down from the peak. "Chartreuse, pull yourself together," she told herself like a fool with nothing to lose. "This is what happens. This is life." Her gaze intently stayed on the trail in front of her. She did not want to look around and trip over some root or rock. It was already embarrassing enough to have to sneak away like a kissing coward. Hopefully in not time, she'd be back in her bunk.
I AM your head girl
It's clearly all chorus, and I won't be a part of it.

Raasiel Albear

(01/01/2015 at 06:05)

Rooster
Sophie Ross
Rowan Stann
Serena Rose
B. Foster
Ra'asiel Albear
Grant Chemfield
Evelyn Takamura
Chartreuse Greene
Maël Rey-Cadwallader
Xanthos Duke
Brant Shiel
Oliver Pentaghast
Estella Ricardus
Felix Oliveroot-Leontine [Kissed Joy, Maël]
Vladimir Borovsky [Kissed Estella]
Theodora Arwen Duke [Kissed Maël]

Since summer is winding down, I'm going to say people can take their spins as they are able to. <3 I will generate random results for everyone who hasn't gone yet and get them sent out ASAP.

* Vladimir Borovsky

(01/02/2015 at 17:06)
  • Auror in Training
  • C8D5T8S5
    • View Profile
The way her nose brushed against his as the kiss between them ended, that sweet smile dancing across her lips, he felt smitten. A smile appeared on his own in return, with a gentle blush to his cheeks.

Surprisingly Estella, instead of returning to her seat pivoted on her knees and moved between his legs. He allowed her to nestle between them, her head nuzzling into his chest. It felt comfortable and in a strange way right, and so he did not discousage the closeness, instead he ran his hands through her long soft hair and down across her face.

Glancing around he noticed his Hufflepuff friend leaving with a expression on her face that made him feel uncomfortable. Had he done something to upset her? He was about to approach her but then Ella caught him off guard.

"You could do that again." she mumbled as a knot twisted inside his stomach from the warmth of her breath against his jaw. "If you wanted."

That was all the invite he needed.

Placing his hand softly under her chin and lifting it, he placed a gentle kiss on the end of her nose before moving down for another on her lips.

He didn't want to admit it to himself, but he was sure his feelings for his friend may have just surpassed 'just friend's'. He had always found her attractive, but this was different. Was he crushing? Is this what it felt like to want to be more than someones friend?

It was all very confusing, but for now Vladi decided he would just relax and enjoy it while it lasted. Perhaps he would never get the opportunity again.

Payton Rose

(01/03/2015 at 00:57)
  • Sixth Year
  • C8D6T8S7
  • Hyacinth - Most Sincere
    • View Profile
It would be odd, she decided, to spend the rest of the party moping in her own little circle of discontent. If she pushed too hard at that guilty feeling inside her, she'd end up dragging her friends down with her; Ra'asiel and Serena surrounded her and one of them would notice if she wasn't exactly...cheerful.

She could avoid his eyes.

She could pretend it was alright.

She was alright.

The lie fueled her enough that she managed to snag a drink for both her and her cousin, smiling at the blonde girl as she took her place back in the circle and set the liquid near Serena's knee. Her attention had dropped from the game to focus inward but she was determined to last the rest of the night without worrying about everything...like normal.

She wrapped her empathy up in a box and stashed it low in her spine, determined to ignore any emotions as best she could. Curiosity, guilty, anger, jealousy....those could all be chased away with the smooth slide of butterbeer and the warm presence of people she cared about. That Grant, the one she cared most about, wasn't speaking to her, was an icy box of black that she refused to acknowledge.

Not here, not now.

"So..." She leaned in towards her cousin and smiled, a slow, charming, conspiratorial smile, "...who do you want it to land on? If you could choose that is?" She nudged Serena lightly in the side, sipping at her drink.

She could do this.

Tags: