Participate in our 20th birthday challenge!

Author Topic: Yo Ho Ho and a Bottle of Rum [4th Year and Up Party]  (Read 3765 times)

Oliver Razi

(12/06/2014 at 22:12)
BRANT SHIEL

He loved that the summer campus was having them be on boats to sleep.  In fact he loved it so much he had taken a nap and was now late for the older year party.  Though to be honest he didn't really care that he was late he was just going to drink there butter beer, and eat there snacks.  After all, both would be better than anything he'd find in the mess hall.

Seeing the scene of an apparent game of spin the bottle and the refreshments he went straight for the refreshments.  His hands immediately grabbed a butter beer and after opening it gulped down the liquid.  So good.  Though to be honest the butter beer had gone down to quickly so he grabbed another and held it open in one hand as he picked up a few snacks.

Should he join the silly game.  With a smile he approached the group and said " Naturally if any of you girls don't get a spin I'd be happy to snog you. "  He smirked as his eyes attempted to look at all the girls.  Yes, this could be fun.  Especially some of the pureblood ones who he fully expected to spit and clean there mouths as if they had hot sauce if they ended up kissing him.

Then he pushed his way between two people* and took a seat.  This was looking like it would be an entertaining night for him.

OCC: Feel free to have Brant nudge in-between you...
« Last Edit: 12/31/2014 at 17:53 by Oliver Razi »

Raasiel Albear

(12/07/2014 at 07:14)
Ra'asiel wasn't ready to see Felix kiss Joy before it was happening. The sight made him blush and avert his eyes as he took a drink from his butterbeer. It wasn't that he felt anything romantic for either of his friends, but more that... Well, displays of affection like this weren't really common in his household. To talk about kissing was one thing, bu to see it...

He was grateful for the distraction that Maël provided him, joining the circle with that awkward little smile that seemed to reflect so perfectly Ra'asiel's own awkwardness in that moment. That awkward smile and wave were met with a slightly more relaxed smile from the long-haired boy.

"Is this... Is this that Kissing game? Can I play?"

"Yes," Ra'as nodded. "It's called Spin The Bottle. Whoever the bottle points to when you spin it is who you kiss. We're going around the circle."

"Ra'asiel?"

Chartreuse's nervous voice reached him, and he looked at her curiously. Wow, she really did have the pirate look down. If pirates were the theme for dueling next term, he'd have to get her advice.

"So... This bottle spinning game we're playing... It's like Truth or Dare?"
“It’s like Kiss or Don’t. Likes, if I ever spun Vlad here, you knows he’s getting’ the best kissin’ of his life.”

There was Rooster, answering the question in the most interesting way he possibly could have - and drawing another slight blush to Ra'asiel's cheeks at the thought. Oh, Merlin. What would he do if two boys ended up kissing? Scarier yet, what would he do it he liked it?

"It's more like a game of chance," he offered to the older Hufflepuff, along with a reassuring smile. There was no reason to be nervous, right? Reassuring her helped him to find his own sense of calm, though. They could get through it together. "When your turn comes, you spin the bottle and kiss whoever it points to when it stops. But, you can choose not to, at some sort of penalty. It'll be fun."

"Hey! Um...I don't know your name, but the pretty blonde next to Xanthos! I think it's your turn."

Joy's voice drew his attention back to them, alerting him to the fact that her kiss with Felix had ended. The blonde girl he didn't recognize - Eres? - was up next, and she took her turn. She also seemed nervous, but once the bottle was spinning, it was just a waiting game.

When it pointed to Rooster, Ra'asiel gave the other boy an amused smile. Well, then. Looked like Rooster would get to have some fun after all.

Current Turn Order: (Subject to Change)
Eres Herondale [Spin Result: Rooster]
Payton Rose
Joy Detora
Vladimir Borovsky
Theodora Arwen Duke
Rooster
Sophie Ross
Rowan Stann
Serena Rose
Ra'asiel Albear
Grant Chemfield
Evelyn Takamura
Chartreuse Greene
Maël Rey-Cadwallader
Xanthos Duke
Brant Shiel
Felix Oliveroot-Leontine [Kissed Joy]

Challenger Approaching??
B. Foster

New additions will be added into the turn-order at the end (before Felix).
« Last Edit: 12/07/2014 at 09:37 by Raasiel Albear »

Oliver Pentaghast

(12/07/2014 at 14:47)
    • View Profile
Someone had mentioned a party to Oliver, though he had convinced himself that the inviter had mistaken him for someone that they actually knew when the invitation was passed along. Oliver found himself in the awkward situation of knowing there was a party but not knowing anyone at the party. He wanted to go out and have fun, make friends and be a teenager again but he didn’t know how well his sudden presence would be received by the others who probably knew each other intimately after years of education.

After an hour of indecisiveness, he decided to head towards the party and hope that it wasn’t going to be as awkward as the scene playing out in his mind was. He took the path up to Blackbeard’s Peak and passed a few people along the way. He smiled when he made eye contact but didn’t stop to introduce himself or ask anyone if he was heading in the right direction.

Eventually he found himself in the presence of a group of teenagers and he knew he was in the right place. The right place for what, however, was still debatable.

“Would anyone mind catching me up?”

It was an awkward feeling to be the new kid that just turned up to a party, but he needed to start somewhere and if he wasn’t going to throw himself into the deep end then it wasn’t worth jumping in at all. Oliver made himself comfortable between two people that he had never met before, affording each of them a brief and awkward smile.

OOC: Awkwardly crashing.
« Last Edit: 12/08/2014 at 10:32 by Oliver Pentaghast »
Give me a place to stand and I will
move the earth

Theodora Arwen Duke

(12/07/2014 at 15:56)
  • Adolescent
    • View Profile
The bottle landed on Joy. And, there went the first kiss of the game. It looked sort of awkward. Maybe it was her first kiss? That would be a tale to tell. Her turn was soon to come, but at least it wouldn't be her first kiss ever. Kissing someone just because you landed on them didn't sound romantic at all. Her first kiss wasn't either although.

"I hope that's juice you're holding,"

She recognized the voice. Her cousin was yet again fashionably late. Sometimes it surprised her that he was the heir of the Dukes. Her seafoam eyes sought out his pools of blues, before she responded. "Same goes for you, cous." Theodora watched how he handled the blonde. Since when were they cuddle buddies? Or should she say past the friend zone? She sipped at her butterbear, lingering eyes on her cousin averting to the circle.

"Hey! Um...I don't know your name, but the pretty blonde next to Xanthos! I think it's your turn."

“My name is Eres.”

Eres Herondale? How did she not remember the girl from the many house parties their family had? Was she oblivious to the constant flirts between Xan, and Eres? This always seemed to happen to her. She was always out of the loop. Maybe that she was finally going to Hogwarts she would be in the loop. It didn't help that she was constantly daydreaming as well.

Theodora eyed the bottle as it slowly stopped on Rooster. He was like Xan's good friend, looks like another bump in the road. This is what a womanizer got, this was her cousin's payback. Theodora chewed on her lip nervously, this didn't look too good.

“Would anyone mind catching me up?”

Theodora eyed the guy who also arrived late. He was a new face, and this would be the open invitation to meet someone new. He was all too bad looking either...

"Sure, I'm Theodora. Right now, we are playing spin-the-bottle. It's kind of boring, until it's your turn." She replied, her eyes looking to the side at her cousin. Theodora reminded herself to not worry about his problems, but her own. The end of her rosy lips curled into a inviting smile, gazing back at the boy in front of her.

* Estella Ricardus

(12/07/2014 at 20:14)
  • Adult
  • C16D11T10S13
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Her hair was wild and messy this evening though it hadn't started out that way.

Camp was always full of such interesting things and Estella had never had the opportunity to play with a rabbit before. Ricardus Hall was not a warm and cuddly place and rabbits were the very definition of warm and cuddly. At least that had been her impression until she had noticed one hopping through the forest on her way to the party.

The rabbit, apparently, had not wanted to be cuddled. Estella couldn't even manage to get close enough to touch it. Her mind generally stayed on one track at a time and so, as she'd rushed through the brush of the forest, the party had taken a backseat to catching the rabbit.

It was a long while before Estella realised she was probably terribly late for the party. By that time the soft mahogany curls she had created earlier had dissolved into messy waves. Estellas wasn't too concerned. She was never able to focus for long enough to worry much about her appearance.

The fact she had taken enough time to pick out and pull herself into the red dress she was currently wearing was a miracle in itself.

Finally, she managed to find the party and announced her presence with, "I'm here now."

Which she immediately felt silly for because it was clear that the party was well under way. Everyone was even in a circle, participating in some sort of activity. Estella sighed heavily, her bottom lip jutting out as far as it could go. None of her friends had waited for her. It was especially hurtful that Vladi hadn't thought to wait for her.

She had arrived just in time to see him talking with another girl. The feeling of her stomach tightening at the sight before her wasn't a pleasant one, but Estella chose to ignore it. There was a game of sorts going on and she didn't want to be left out.

Approaching the group, Estella greeted the three she knew the best. "Hello Vladi, Rooster, Xan." She was not friends with many girls.

It was a difficult thing, deciding how to sit without showing her knickers to the rest of the party. In the end she knelt down first and then gingerly crossed her legs together, tucking the material of the skirt safely underneath her knees in case a breeze threatened to blow the light fabric about.

She'd sat near Rooster and Xanthos. If Vladimir was too busy talking to another girl, she wasn't going to bother him.

Estella leaned in toward Rooster and whispered, "What are we playing?"

Rooster

(12/07/2014 at 22:25)
The pout still etched across a face dirty with a day’s worth of Quidditch practice. He wasn’t exactly upset, but for the young Ravenclaw it was a challenging task to make his handsome face look anything other than what he was feeling. An open book, that was fer sures.

His face turned neutral as his friend moved away from the girl and settled in the seat just beside him, leaving him crunched between Vlad and Xanthos.  Bottom lit jutted out, Rooster let his head fall against the pureblood’s shoulder, grumbling a few incoherent things under his breathe, one of them sounding like ‘Girl is fine and yous stealin’. But, as quickly as he soured, Rooster was just as quick to forget about the details and forgive. He wasn’t one for grudge holding—

”What’s wrong, man?’

“Nothin’.” Came the reply, sitting up straighter as Eres’ delicate hands span the bottle. He watched silently, brows still knitted up in an expression of annoyance, though it changed very swiftly as the bottle began to slow. “Yes,” He muttered under his breathe as brown eyes watched the glass bottle spin to a stop, “Yesss.”

With excitement, Rooster smacked Xan’s back, “Yous see this?” And, while he might have jumped up and hooted with excitement, he tried to play it cool and keep the wide smile in check as he looked up at Eres. The smile was back, and as wide as ever, “Them’s Gods is smilin’ at me.” Just as he’d felt the adrenaline rush hit him, he heard the light and airy voice behind him speak up.

”I’m here now.”

What a predicament.

Rooster swallowed what was now a giant lump in his throat, eyes flickering between the two girls. She squeezed in between himself and Vlad, and Rooster smiled. Any day of the week he’d have felt his hands get sweaty and his head get light just from being so close to a pretty girl, but all that was happening now was a tightness in his throat that made him clear it uncomfortably. “Ah, we’s playin’ spin the bottle.” He muttered to her, his smile faltering as he tried to pull together the wave of uncertainty that just hit him. “A game, ya know.”

A game.

Just so she knew it was a game. Maybe he could kiss them both tonight. That’d sure be pretty awesome. “Sees, she… em,” Didn’t even know that other one’s name, “Spun me so I’m gonaa kiss ‘er.” Yes, smooth. Blame it on the game. He didn’t want to kiss the girl with pretty golden hair and a nice behind, he simply had to for the sake of the game. “Yous understand…” He muttered along before turning his attention back to the girl he’d been so eager to kiss. 

Pushing unease aside, Rooster stood and eliminated the space between himself and Eres. He offered her his hand, courage revitalized, and the moment her petite hand found his he’d tug her to her feet. Though Rooster had a wide grin, he felt his chest constrict and his heart racing. He’d never actually kissed a girl before- sure he’d looked at plenty of them, but getting so close had never been an option. The closest he’d ever been was accidentally brushing up against one during Quidditch.

The fact that he had this girl so close now, his hand resting at the small of her back, her hand still captured in his. It was like in the movies, and only now Rooster realized how much he’s grown in the last few years: not too long ago he had been scrawny and short, a meager little runt without much chance- now he had gotten a bit taller, filled out in arms and legs, he felt strong and as his grip on her weight tightened just the slightest, he felt like he could take on anything. “Hey,” He muttered, the rest of the party fallen away since this girl now seized his attention entirely, “I’m Rooster.”
« Last Edit: 12/07/2014 at 23:32 by Rooster »

Felix Oliveroot-Leontine

(12/07/2014 at 23:27)
  • Auror-In-Training
  • C10D6T6S5
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Prefect Pick! [1945] Superlative Winner ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Grinning back at Joy, Felix threw a quick wink at her, glad she wasn't angry. Maybe even a little pleased that she hadn't seemed to mind. It made him wonder if she'd let him kiss her again another time. Just to see what happened. In any case, he wouldn't be walking the plank - naked, anyway. Foster was still going to exact his toll for hosting this little excursion, as he'd been reminded.

All completely worth it. His eyes cast over the circle which was now very large, packed with students all ready to try their luck for a kiss. His grin curved into a smirk, prompted by a wave of very smug satisfaction. This had been such a brilliant idea. It was a complete success. If he was lucky, he might even get another ki-

His eyes came round the circle, passed over Ra'asiel, to the empty spot where he had been sitting and found Maël.

Maël.

For the second time (within a relatively close space) Felix wondered if he had thought this idea through. Or, well, the consideration flitted through his mind. Then it was gone, albeit with a vague sense of unease he shoved far, far back. (Did Maël look a little unhappy? No, of course not, that was a weird thing to notice.)

For a heart's beat, his progress back to his seat had been checked. Now, catching himself, Felix pushed onward. With the size the circle was, everyone was squeezing where they could, and he simply sat on the sand that would've marked the spot between Ra'asiel and Maël if there had been space. The bottle was spinning again, people were laughing and talking, but for some reason he couldn't focus on the words.

"And last one to get kissed walks the plank in their birthday suit." He added, catching the tail end of Ra'asiel's explanation. The smirk on his face, which had faltered for a moment, deepened. His eyes met Maël's blue ones, flashing their usual mischief, ever some sort of dare. Did they linger a little longer than normal? Maybe.

His knee nudged Maël's. "Scoot over a bit?"
the road outside my house
is paved with  
good intentions

hired a construction crew

'cause it's h e l l on the engine

Oliver Pentaghast

(12/08/2014 at 06:36)
    • View Profile
Oliver looked over at the girl that introduced herself and answered his question politely. He smiled and nodded “Thank, I’m Oliver.” He said. He had always been told to introduce himself with pride, to include his surname, but he felt that the girl was casual with him and acting too serious might get him shunned from the circle. He didn’t know how to feel about spin-the-bottle being played, his upbringing had made him a bit of a prude compared to most people his own age. He didn’t object to trying it out though, at least in an attempt to fit in.

He had never been kissed before and getting his first kiss in a game of spin-the-bottle shouldn’t have counted towards that. He sat there on the outside, surrounded by people he did not know, and waited for them to start spinning the bottle and snogging each other. That was the term the British used for it, which singlehandedly took away all the romance.

For a moment he considered just sitting out the game, watching from the sidelines as the hormonal teenagers pressed their lips together for nothing, but that became a daydream when a boy mentioned walking the plank if they were the last to be kissed. That was enough motivation for him to play their game. Avoiding nudity in front of a group of people he didn’t know was enough motivation for him to do just about anything.

“Alright, I’m in too.” He said, formally including himself in the game of chance and cooties.
Give me a place to stand and I will
move the earth

Payton Rose

(12/08/2014 at 15:33)
  • Sixth Year
  • C8D6T8S7
  • Hyacinth - Most Sincere
    • View Profile
She wasn't surprised that the party had descended into rowdy cackles, teasing slurs and, of course, the kissing of strangers...although these people were hardly strangers. After all, she knew most, if not all of them by name. Still, Payton shifted instinctively towards Ra'asiel, uncomfortable with all the emotions swirling about her...she wished Grant was hers again...he'd take her hand and it would be alright because she could focus on him.

As of now, her head was spinning.

Just like that bottle in the center circle...before it landed on Rooster of course.

She'd watched Felix kiss Joy, both of them a little red in the face when they'd finally pulled apart...maybe there was something there. She didn't pay a whole lot of attention to the ins and outs and ups and downs of social interaction...considering she wasn't exactly the most social person. In fact, this party was really her first attempt at stepping outside her comfort zone.

And then there was Grant.

He was gorgeous, sitting there and carefully avoiding her gaze as she carefully avoided his. She didn't know what to do; if she spun and it landed on him....it would be awkward. But if she spun and it landed on someone else...she didn't want to think about that. Would he be jealous? What would he do? She sighed softly.

Well, it was her turn to find out.

She swallowed, already blushing as she reached for the bottle to spin it with an inexperienced hand. It rolled lazily around a few times before coming to rest on Ra'asiel who was sitting right beside her. Her blue eyes widened and her cheeks colored further as she turned to look at her friend with a slightly terrified look. She wasn't sure if the bottle could have selected a worse person for her to kiss in front of Grant.

But she tilted her head to the side and then shrugged, smiling slightly at Ra'as. Bracing her hand against the ground, she leaned towards him and pressed her lips to his. She had kissed before...Grant, of course...but it was odd kissing a friend. She didn't linger long, just a quick press of lips and her hand touching his briefly.

Then she pulled back, blushed and adamantly dropped her gaze.

Raasiel Albear

(12/08/2014 at 23:08)
Ra'asiel would have been far better about replying to the new arrivals, but he was quite a bit distracted. (Luckily for him, it seemed like everyone else was on top of keeping new arrivals informed.) Seeing others kiss had his mind focused on what it would be like, who could it possibly end up being, and what if it was a boy stranger?

It was rather nerve-wracking, but with another long draw from his butterbeer, he was able to soothe himself and hide his nervousness from his face. It took more effort to keep his expressions under control, but Ra'asiel was a master of it; years of practice hiding his uncertainty and fear often tended to have that effect. Now, though, it was just useful.

When Payton's turn came, Ra'asiel didn't think anything of it. His Captain was sweet, and always kind to him despite the way Grant acted towards him. That she would sit beside him and not her boyfriend was -

Wait, that was odd, actually. And come to think of it, she hadn't really been looking at Grant, either. (He didn't know what Grant's eyes were doing, because he hadn't gotten up the courage to look at him yet himself.) Had something happened? But what could possibly-

The bottle stopped, and Ra'asiel's eyes widened a little with surprise as he realized that it had stopped on him.

On him.

He blinked, a little stunned, and turned to look at Payton with a small smile, mimicking her shrug. Well, at least if he had to get kissed in this game, it was someone he knew and trusted. Right?

Then she was leaning towards him, and Ra'as felt his cheeks get a little hot as he sort of leaned toward her, too, feeling their lips connect with...

Huh.

He hadn't expected fireworks or anything the first time he kissed a girl, but something more than what he felt would have been nice. Reassuring. It was like kissing his mother on the cheek; he liked Payton, but kissing her still felt so... platonic. He'd blushed a little, but his heart hadn't raced, and he could still think perfectly clearly.

Was that supposed to happen? Maybe that was supposed to happen. Maybe he just respected her too much to have much of a romantic reaction, or something. Right? Right?

When she pulled away, Ra'as offered another small smile, brushing his long hair behind his ear a little as he looked away as well. His smile was there, but it hid his inner panic.

Was something wrong with him?

There was certainly nothing wrong with Payton; she was incredibly smart, kind, very easy on the eyes... A girl like her should make his heart race, right? Maybe he was just too young to think about girls like that. Yes, maybe that was it. It made sense now; clearly, he just hadn't blossomed yet.

The thought gave him a sense of relief, but he knew he hadn't actually faced his fears yet; he'd only shoved them to the back of his mind. At least everyone had seen him kiss a girl. Hopefully no one would give those fears a voice anytime soon.

Joy Detora
Vladimir Borovsky
Theodora Arwen Duke
Rooster
Sophie Ross
Rowan Stann
Serena Rose
B. Foster
Ra'asiel Albear
Grant Chemfield
Evelyn Takamura
Chartreuse Greene
Maël Rey-Cadwallader
Xanthos Duke
Brant Shiel
Oliver Pentaghast
Estella Ricardus
Eres Herondale [In the process of kissing Rooster]
Payton Rose [Kissed Ra'asiel]

Eres and Rooster, looks like things got ahead of you, but feel free to continue your kiss~

Also, we're up to 20 participants! WHOA!
Remember to put "IT" at the top of your post on your turn so that it's easier for everyone to keep up. :) You guys are doing a great job of keeping things moving! <3

Joy Detora

(12/09/2014 at 00:58)
  • Auror
  • C18D10T20S12
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Player of the Week ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
IT

Eres - the pretty girl - was kissing Rooster, and although Joy wasn't embarrassed, she couldn't help but avert her eyes after the first few moments. She had grown up with a sense of decency, and she still had it.

Then Payton spun the bottle, it landed on Ra'asiel. Joy's eyes widened as she watched her friends kiss each other. Wasn't Payton with Grant? Or was it just her? Because she felt like this was cheating. In a way. Then again, it wasn't her problem. She had no boyfriend and didn't intend on getting one.

It was her turn now though, so after flashing a smile at Ra'asiel - first kisses were a bit awkward - she leaned out to reach the bottle. She spun it hard, and watched as it spun around and around and around until it finally landed on...Foster.

She could feel some blood rush to her cheeks. They heated up, just a few extra five degrees, and she was sure that the street-smart Gryffindor boy had noticed the blush. That made her blush even more.

But it wasn't like she hadn't kissed before. Or rather, been kissed. In all the times she'd been kissed - two - it had always been the boy that initiated it. The cheek kiss last summer had been all Zeke, and this time it had been Felix.

This time, she felt like Foster would definitely not let him be the first one to initiate it. After all, it'd taken forever for him to even sit down in the circle. So she took a deep breath to compose herself and scooted over to where Foster was.

She paused in front of the older boy and then looked at him. Her head tilted slightly to the side in a silent question : Do you want me to back out? She could back out if she really needed to. She wouldn't have to walk the plank naked. She'd already been kissed. And she was sure she could handle the penalty.

Joy could feel people's eyes on her, and she desperately wished for a few bottles of butterbeer. Maybe if she had one, or two, or maybe even five, she could get tipsy enough to just kiss him quick without asking. Sadly, she wasn't a lightweight, and although she'd previously appreciated that when drinking butterbeer, this time she wished her tolerance was as low as it had been the previous summer.
you may be good looking
but you're not a piece of art

B. Foster

(12/09/2014 at 02:13)
  • Journalist
  • C6D12T7S7
    • View Profile
He had been making his way back to the circle when it was Eres's turn to spin the bottle. Eyes following her movements and her anxiousness over the actions for a moment before turning his gaze away. Whatever had happened between them, most likely it was nothing. It was simply, what most called puberty. She was attractive, he had been attracted, and in the end that was how things went. There was no obligation, and again this was a game.

Yet as Rooster went in to kiss her, he wondered if they (him and Eres), could kiss again. He would like that, hand popping open another butterbeer, and taking a swig of it as he attempted to go back and failed to find a seat. The one that Evelyn had opened for him, suddenly disappearing as others came in to the game. Those with badges, and those with none, he still kept track of each of them. Seeming to pay no mind with the next spin from his fellow counselor, and willing to ignore the one after that if the bottle had not suddenly landed on him. He blinked as he stood there, where a gap was inbetween two people, blinking at the bottle before looking up at Joy to see her cheeks flush. Brown eyes watching her for a moment, as she came up to him and stopped.

Hesitating.

Everyone seemed to hesitate whenever the bottle was on them or it was their turn. Something he did not understand considering they had volunteered to play the game. They knew the rules, knew the stakes. Why hesitate? At the tilt of her head, he furrowed his brow before taking a step forward. It was a kiss. He had enjoyed it when he had kissed Eres, he did not think it would be horrible to kiss Joy, because lips will still be soft and her smell would still be sweet. His lips met hers first, not hesitating, or understanding why he should. A pressure on lips, hard and yet soft at the same time as his free hand had come up to rest on her neck so that he would not miss her lips as Evelyn seemed to have thought.

It was not a long kiss, a beat or two passing before he pulled back. Blinking at Joy for a moment and then giving a look at Evelyn, looking for some sort of acknowledgement that he had done well.

That he had not miss.

"That is it, right?" He looked back at Joy, his hand dropping back to his side as he now tilted his head looking at her questioning if she was satisfied.

He would kiss her again if she wasn't.

Maël Rey-Cadwallader

(12/09/2014 at 03:13)
His system shocked a little as Felix addressed him. Had he sat in the other boy's seat? What do I care? Jerk. He doesn't own this sand.

"And last one to get kissed walks the plank in their birthday suit."

Cheeks flushed as his eyes met Felix's brown ones. It was hard to tell why he was flushed. Was it the Butterbeer or Felix? The other buy was smirking. Bloody pleased with himself, I'll bet, Maël seethed while his face betrayed nothing but mild confusion.  They stared at each other, eyes locked slightly longer than most people would feel appropriate, but then this was him Felix. They had become obviously close. Eye contact was a special kind of magic; something that communicated more than most people realised.

Maël's face turned grumpy when Felix nudged him with his boot and he drained his butterbeer, promptly starting on the next.

"Scoot over a bit?"

Taking a few calming swigs, Maël replied with almost no trace of emotion, "No."

Locking eyes with Felix again, his casual expression didn't say much, but he hoped his eyes said, "Why don't you make me?"

Felix Oliveroot-Leontine

(12/09/2014 at 05:02)
  • Auror-In-Training
  • C10D6T6S5
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Prefect Pick! [1945] Superlative Winner ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
It was no longer his imagination; Maël did look grumpy. Dark brown eyes followed the tilt of the Butterbeer bottle in the other's hand, the brows above them arching subtle fractions as the bottle went up once, and then twice, and then thrice, and - my, but Maël was downing that awfully fast. Felix didn't register the cause of it until he was answered with flat denial, and a unspoken message in eyes boring back into his.

Felix's practiced grin never wavered. In fact, it deepened in fine mischief. "Why don't you make me?" Was that a challenge? It was. He could always smell one like a bloodhound, feel it out in deliberate pauses and sustained glances. And he could read Maël's eyes too well, too surely. He tried not to think about that. The fact was, he knew all too well. Everything.

"You need to share more, Maël." The languid stretch of his arm catch the fourth bottle of Butterbeer halfway to the Ravenclaw boy's mouth, fingers brushing as his own circled... and stole the bottle away. He took a swig himself, tossing his head back with brash abandon. "Polite society, and all."

The bottle lowered, the back of his hand rubbing at his mouth, where his smile had eased into something more playful. As if Felix had only just realized how he might sound mean, and curbed it. And perhaps because no one else would be able to see it well, as he leaned in closer to him. His eyes hadn't wavered too far from blue ones; he wanted to make sure Maël knew he had got the message. It was Felix's answers that were mercurial.

Crouching now, he tried to wedge a foot in the spot between Ra'asiel and Maël. His shoulder bumped against the blonde boy's as he tried, now, to bodily nudge a way back into his seat. Close enough that his undertoned, "Move. Over.", and the subtle laugh behind it could only be caught by Maël - perhaps Ra'as.
use a smile as a noun and
 I think like a verb

Raasiel Albear

(12/09/2014 at 05:43)
"Scoot over a bit?"
"No. Why don't you make me?"

Distracted by Joy and Foster's kiss - and noting with slight awe that the Gryffindor boy was surprisingly direct - Ra'asiel almost hadn't noticed that Felix had come to sit with them until he and Maël were speaking... Well, differently.

"You need to share more, Maël... Polite society, and all."

There was a polite glibness to the way Felix spoke, but the undertones were there. It was even more obvious from the "Move. Over." that just barely met his ears from his friend, and Ra'asiel scooted over a bit, which put him closer to Payton. He wouldn't ask them what was wrong; he knew better than to do that.

The verbal dance they were doing was one he knew well, thanks to his family. Everything had another meaning back home, and unfortunately, his friends were not so subtle as to hide it nearly so well as the Albears did.

It was uncomfortable, to say the least.

He offered Payton a small smile, hoping that Felix would recognize his move over for what it was without him having to say anything.

"Sorry," he apologized to his Captain. "Things are getting a little more cozy, I suppose."

Vladimir Borovsky
Theodora Arwen Duke
Rooster
Sophie Ross
Rowan Stann
Serena Rose
B. Foster
Ra'asiel Albear
Grant Chemfield
Evelyn Takamura
Chartreuse Greene
Maël Rey-Cadwallader
Xanthos Duke
Brant Shiel
Oliver Pentaghast
Estella Ricardus
Eres Herondale [In the process of kissing Rooster]
Payton Rose [Kissed Ra'asiel]
Joy Detora [Kissed Foster]

Eres and Rooster, looks like things got ahead of you, but feel free to continue your kiss~

Eres Herondale

(12/09/2014 at 05:46)
  • FIFTH YEAR
  • C5D5T6S4
  • ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
“Yesss.”

Eres glanced up at the boy who had just spoken, blue eyes wide and curious, examining his features. Her face lowered to lips, curved in a wide, cheeky grin. They were…nice as far as lips went. But then again, she wasn’t exactly an expert when it came to lips; the only ones she had ever kissed, had been Xan’s, and it was never in any sort of intimate way.

Sort of like this, it was a game, nothing more.

A silly party game.

But then why did she feel so jittery?

“Yous see this?”

Her eyes darted to Xan’s, questioning.

“Them’s Gods is smilin’ at me.”

Eres blushed a deep crimson, thank Merlin she had left her hair down, covering her ears, which were now as red as Gryffindor robes. She was not used to males being so forward. She was used to flowers, and hand holding, and pretty little words that made her melt inside, a hand gently resting against her hip, manners and eloquence.

He then spoke a few quiet words to another girl. Eres felt unease flitter in the pit of her belly. She did not want to cause any distance between this boy and his friend, or whatever was going on between them. But then again, wasn’t that just what she was doing to Xan?

Eres pushed away the thought and guilty feelings that bubbled inside of her.

The boy she spun then quickly eliminated the space between them, offering her his hand, and she took it. He pulled her almost effortlessly to her feet; she hopped up and almost bumped into him. Her heart leapt in her chest, beating hard against her skin, which was chilly from the outside air, or was that her nerves?

She glanced upwards at him, under dark, thick lashes. She brushed away a strand of hair from her temple, allowing it to fall down to her shoulder, smooth as silk. She cocked her head sideways, her free hand then moving to his chest, lightly pressing against his heart, which thumped in rhythm against her fingers, which casually drummed away against his muscular chest.

“Hey,”

“Um...Hello...”

“I’m Rooster.”

Oh?

What a peculiar name, one Eres tended to associate with a farm animal rather then a boy. But then again, boys and farm animals tended to be the same in some elements. However, this boy, Rooster, appeared to be rather well behaved now that her hand was clasped tightly in his, fingers wrapping tenderly around his own.

“Eres…”

She moved closer to him, standing on her tiptoes to reach his lips. She cocked her head sideways, moving her hand from his chest to his cheek, lingering there lightly. She gazed directly in his eyes for a moment before closing her own and brushing her lips against his. Growing more confident, she pressed her lips against his slightly harder and then breaking it off.

She then lowered herself from her tiptoes and glanced up at him, blushing furiously. 

Grant Chemfield

(12/09/2014 at 06:58)
  • Sixth Year
  • C8D4T6S6
  • ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Grant watched impassively as people took their turns. The party was getting wild, and groups of friends were tossing jibes back and forth. Nobody engaged Grant, though, but he wasn't really surprised by that. The only people he really knew here were Payton and Serena, and they were on the opposite side of the circle. Next to Ra'asiel. Grant gave the Albear boy a half-hearted glare, but not even his deeply rooted hatred for the family that had disowned his mother for marrying a muggle could break through the malaise that Grant felt.

His green eyes focused when Payton's hand reached for the bottle, though. That meant that she would be kissing somebody. What if it landed on Grant? That would be horrible. Not the kiss, but that their first interaction since their fight would be a forced kiss during a silly game. Worse, though, what if it landed on somebody else? Would she back out and face the punishment to spare his feelings? Should he even have feeling to be spared? Grant tried and failed to make sense of his feelings towards Payton and the thought of her kissing someone else as the bottle spun.

It didn't spin long until it came to a stop. On Ra'asiel of all people. Payton knew full well how Grant felt about the other boy and why. They had talked about it back when they had been happy together, and Payton had made it clear that she wouldn't stop being friends with her fellow Quidditch player just because of their families' animosity. Grant watched intently as her expression went from wide-eyed fear to a smile as she leaned in and kissed the one person in school that Grant actively hated. It wasn't a long kiss, but it was more than long enough for Grant.

He flushed with a confusing mixture of anger, embarrassment, and hurt. He turned away quickly and drained what was left of his butterbeer so he wouldn't have to look at the two of them. He definitely needed more butterbeer, though, if he was going to continue to sit through this. He got up and exchanged his empty bottle for a full one before reclaiming his seat. He felt defenseless without his bag, but he hadn't wanted to bring it to a party like this and risk it getting damaged or lost. He stayed quiet for the time being as he tried to rein in his emotions.

You handle your own when you become a man
And become a man when you handle your own
Ain't much I can do, but I do what I can
۞
But what can I do, if I do till it's gone?

* Serena McCormick

(12/09/2014 at 07:48)
  • Adult
  • C21D8T16S20
  • ['44-'45] Quidditch Champions ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
Serena choose a seat near Payton and waited while everyone else got settled. She gazed around the circle, always curious to see the patterns in which people choose to position themselves near. Her eyes flitted from person to person in the circle. She noticed Grant was on the other side of the circle and she found that odd. He and Payton tended to flock together. She turned to head towards her cousin, a questioning look on her face, when the game started.

It was a bit chaotic- which Serena would always prefer to the ritualistic sameness of some parties. There was plenty of laughter and teasing going on around the circle, and quite a bit of blushing as well.  She laughed along with the others and grinned, happy with the fact that kissing didn’t make her nervous.

Serena pulled her knees up to her chest, wrapped her arms around her legs and rested her chin on her kneecaps as she watched. She glanced at Payton as she spun on her turn, and, much to Serena’s surprise, kissed Ra’as. Sure, it was just a game, but it just didn’t seem like something Payton would do. She glanced across the circle to Grant, who… didn’t look happy at all. To say the least. She offered a small wave in his direction, raising an eyebrow, wishing she could ask him what was going on with him and Payton.

Her attention was pulled away when, a few seats down, Felix and another boy were fighting over a seat. Or something. Who knew? Boys were strange creatures. She watched the quiet scuffle for a moment before shaking her head and turning her attention back to the game.

Casper Baines

(12/09/2014 at 07:52)
  • Seventh Year
  • C8 D8 T8 S6
  • ['44-'45] King of the Hospital Wing [1945] Superlative Winner ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Sweetpea - Most Shy
    • View Profile
It was a little strange but to those that knew about him it wouldn't be. It was often that Nougat would wonder off and go off on little adventures, a lions heart in a slimy body.

One thing that was weird though was that the boy that often followed Nougat, blundering and creating a mess with his gentle giant mass wasn't behind him wit his shaggy blonde hair that when met would be covering his eyes.

No, Nougat was on his own today much to the disappoint to the toad but when Casper got into that mood there was no helping it.
so instead of soaking in his own juices with said floppy haired bison he decided he would go and visit his one true love whom he has not seen in half a year; Ra'asiel.

when he showed up the toad knew there was tension but he had no interest in peasants except for his other servant boy, Felix. He'd get to him later but first, Ra'asiel. He hopped his way there, careful of all the clumsy and dimwitted humans just in case they tried to squash him as he made his way to Raas, especially Felix and this other runt, until finally he could hop onto the boy, any body part would do before he gave a mighty croak, looked at him expectantly and waited for the attention he deserved.

He would join in this game that caused tension or he would at least watch the humans squabble and fuss like children.

Nougat is casper's toad, casper is somewhere being weird
« Last Edit: 12/09/2014 at 12:38 by Casper Baines »

I ' d get a thousand hugs...                    
from ten thousand lightning bugs...
                    As they try to teach me how to dance...

Joy Detora

(12/09/2014 at 10:12)
  • Auror
  • C18D10T20S12
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Player of the Week ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Foster seemed to have no such qualms. He just went in for the kill. This, her second kiss, was by no means as unexpected or scary as the first. It was quick, direct, and Joy couldn't help but be surprised when Foster did it.

She had not expected that. But she was relieved that she didn't have to initiate. She really didn't want to, and although the girl was almost never shy, she was very shy of starting a kiss.

It just seemed weird to her.

"That is it, right?"

She nodded, lips curving up in a smile before returning to her spot. She was so glad that was over. When she got back and sat down, she put her elbows back on her knees so she could surreptitiously feel the warm spot where Foster had put his hand on her neck.

That had definitely never happened before. The curtain of her hair also blocked her hand so nobody could see where it was: she just looked like she was being a lazy person.

Loyalty, Labor, Love

Tags: