As always, don't forget to vote!

Author Topic: Round 2 Duel 1: Crossings vs. Detora  (Read 920 times)

* Aubrey Kedding

(04/24/2014 at 17:39)
  • Head of Gryffindor
  • C16 D9 T13 S12
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Monday, August, 1941; 1 PM
Torrential Downpour, Heavy Winds

The setting for today's duel hadn't changed much from the first. Aubrey was too exhausted to change it up much. The mirage of the ocean, complete with waves crashing against the shoreline were still present. So were the beach chairs and a couple of umbrellas to give the image that they were at the beach. Mother nature apparently had an idea of how to make today's duel interesting though, with heavy rains and strong winds.

"The only thing I can say to you all today is, 'good luck.' You are all going to need it!" Aubrey blew a bodyguard whistle, signifying the start of the duel. She just hoped that this would go fast so she could get out of the rain

Round 1 of 5

Lynette Crossings - 65%

vs.

Joy Detora - 60%
ΙΟΠ
GRYFFINDOR
Courage Will

Lynette Crossings

(04/24/2014 at 18:13)
  • 2nd Year
  • C3D1T2S2
    • View Profile
Lynette yells out "Lumos" hiding herself in the beam of light to get around her opponent.

Joy Detora

(04/24/2014 at 22:01)
  • Auror
  • C18D10T20S12
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Joy didn't even know why she was here again. It was raining and windy, just her luck. Not that she was usually unlucky. She had won both the House Cup and the Quidditch Cup in her first year at Hogwarts.

She glanced at the girl she was dueling. Younger than her and probably a lot less experienced, Joy had a sinking feeling this was going to be no duel, and more of a free-for-all with Joy's more advanced spells against the younger girls feeble ones.

Not that she knew they would be feeble. For all she knew, the other girl would be able to cast a good Leviosa.

Aiming at Lynette, she yelled out "Limax!" She tried not to regret it as she did it, but there was an apologetic expression on her face. Limaxes weren't fun for anybody on the receiving end.

Loyalty, Labor, Love

Lynette Crossings

(04/25/2014 at 00:02)
  • 2nd Year
  • C3D1T2S2
    • View Profile
((ignore this post))
« Last Edit: 04/25/2014 at 01:03 by Lynette Crossings »

* Aubrey Kedding

(04/25/2014 at 17:25)
  • Head of Gryffindor
  • C16 D9 T13 S12
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Round 1

A1. Lynette attempts to cast Lumos at Joy. Sadly, her wand does nothing!

((Ref Note: Please be sure to clearly state both your spell/action and your target (even in a one-on-one duel). For example: 'Aubrey pointed her wand at Vincenzo and attempted to cast "Incendio!"

Also, the duel ref is the person that determines whether or not your spell was successful or not. You may not post that your spell hit your target or that it's effects are present. For more on powerplaying and other penalties, please refer to the duelling rules. No penalties have been applied in this round, but will be in future rounds.))

A2. Joy attempts to cast Limax at Lynette. A few sparks fly, but that's it!

Round 2 of 5

Lynette Crossings - 65%

vs.

Joy Detora - 60%

GRYFFINDOR
blaze my own trails

Lynette Crossings

(04/25/2014 at 18:38)
  • 2nd Year
  • C3D1T2S2
    • View Profile
Lynette thought to herself "whew mine may of done nothing but at least hers failed too"
Lynette tries once more points she wand at Joy saying "Lumos!"She worries it will fail again. This being her first time at dueling she very much worries her skill won't be enough.
« Last Edit: 04/25/2014 at 22:15 by Lynette Crossings »

Joy Detora

(04/25/2014 at 21:57)
  • Auror
  • C18D10T20S12
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Joy was silently relieved that her spell hadn't worked. Limaxes were no fun for anybody, least of all a defenseless firstie.

Aiming at Lynette, she said "Wingardium Leviosa."

She tried to be confident it would work, knowing that was an important part of her casting.
you may be good looking
but you're not a piece of art

* Aubrey Kedding

(04/26/2014 at 21:49)
  • Head of Gryffindor
  • C16 D9 T13 S12
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Round 2

A1. Lynette attempts to cast Lumos. Action void as no target was identified.

((Ref Note: Please be sure to clearly state both your spell/action and your target (even in a one-on-one duel). For example: 'Aubrey pointed her wand at Vincenzo and attempted to cast "Incendio!"))

A2. Joy attempts to cast Wingardium Leviosa at Lynette.  Spell is successful! Damage = 4

Round 3 of 5

Lynette Crossings - 61%; -2 abi, floating in the air for two rounds or until Joy successfully casts another spell,unable to retrieve objects from the ground

vs.

Joy Detora - 60%
ΙΟΠ
GRYFFINDOR

speak up.

Joy Detora

(04/26/2014 at 21:55)
  • Auror
  • C18D10T20S12
    • View Profile
She was winning!

Joy tried to control her emotions and tried again. Aiming at Lynette, she said "Limax."

It was clearly pronounced, and Joy had more confidence in her spell-casting now.

Loyalty, Labor, Love

Lynette Crossings

(04/26/2014 at 22:34)
  • 2nd Year
  • C3D1T2S2
    • View Profile
Uh oh!Lynette thinks hard how to get out of this. She turns to Joy and points her want right at her opponent Joy and cries out Flipendo!.

* Aubrey Kedding

(04/27/2014 at 23:29)
  • Head of Gryffindor
  • C16 D9 T13 S12
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Round 3

A1. Joy attempts to cast Limax at Lynette. Her wand shoots some more sparks, but still produces no slugs.

A2. Lynette attempts to cast Flipendo at Joy. Nothing happens.

((Ref Note: Flipendo is not a duel approved spell. For a list of spells that can be used and their effects, please refer to our charms, transfiguration, and conjuring/summoning duelling guides available here.))

Round 4 of 5

Lynette Crossings - 61%; -2 abi, floating in the air for one rounds or until Joy successfully casts another spell, unable to retrieve objects from the ground

vs.

Joy Detora - 60%
ΙΟΠ
GRYFFINDOR
Courage Will

Joy Detora

(04/27/2014 at 23:31)
  • Auror
  • C18D10T20S12
    • View Profile
Joy was happy, and she decided to cast another spell at Lynette.

Aiming at Lynette, she said "Lumos."

It was a simple spell and an easy spell.
i'm laughing, i'm crying
it's my party, and i'll cry if i want to
it feels like i'm d y i n g

Lynette Crossings

(04/27/2014 at 23:41)
  • 2nd Year
  • C3D1T2S2
    • View Profile
Lynette thought to herself wondering what she could do. The spell comes to her as she gathers all she has in her. Elena yet again points her wand at her friend but dueling opponent Jade and cries out in great focus "Expelliarmus!"

* Aubrey Kedding

(04/29/2014 at 14:18)
  • Head of Gryffindor
  • C16 D9 T13 S12
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Round 4

A1. Joy attempts to cast Lumos at Lynette. Success!

A2. Lynette falls from WL. Damage = 5

A3. Lynette attempts to cast Expelliarmus at Joy. Her wand sparks and sputters.

Final Round

Lynette Crossings - 56%; -2 abi, -2 agi, -2 str

vs.

Joy Detora - 60%

G
Daring, Determination, Drive

Joy Detora

(04/29/2014 at 22:28)
  • Auror
  • C18D10T20S12
    • View Profile
Joy's confidence in her spell casting was quickly regained as she watched Lynette tumble from Joy's Wingardium Leviosa.

It seemed that easier spells worked better, not that she could really say she was experienced in that sort of thing.

Aiming at Lynette, she said "Petrificus Totalus."
i'm laughing, i'm crying
it's my party, and i'll cry if i want to
it feels like i'm d y i n g

Lynette Crossings

(04/30/2014 at 05:03)
  • 2nd Year
  • C3D1T2S2
    • View Profile
Lynette won't let the duel end like this pointing her wand at Joy and speaking loudly "Locomotor Mortis"

Tags: