Don't forget to sign up for a cabin!

Author Topic: 'Welcome to Camp Loki' Campfire! | (OPEN TO ALL CAMPERS)  (Read 2072 times)

* Anastasia Borovsky

(12/03/2013 at 14:18)
  • On The Run
  • C4 D6 T5 S4
  • ['45-'46] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner Most Likely to End Up in Azkaban ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
"And Gryffindor and Ravenclaw are houses, people get sorted by personality into four houses at the start of the year."

So, they were sort of like teams. That made much more sense. Anastasia nodded as Joy spoke and listened to her carefully. She didn't know anything about any of the houses and wondered which one she would be placed in.

"Oh! I think I remember being told about them a little." She paused and attempted to think, "What are they all like?"

"If we don't get to tell ghost stories tonight lets have our own camp fire. "

That was a good idea. She knew some of the best ghost stories due to being read them before bed time. She also liked monster and mystery stories. One day she was going to go and hunt down the Loch Ness Monster and prove to the whole world it was real!

"Excuse me ... Hi. Um ... did you say  you have a two year-old wolf? How big is he? I'm just curious ... Never heard anyone having a wolf as a pet."

Anastasia turned her head to the girl questioning her on Boris. She seemed rather curious and also a little nervous which was the usual reaction of those who wanted to know more about him. He was a wolf after all. They weren't exactly an animal you saw every day.

"Yes, I did." She replied, giving a smug smile. She was very proud of her Boris and very much liked to talk about him. "He's almost a whole meter tall!"

He was thick too due to having the freedom he needed on the Borovsky land. Thick forest surrounded their Russian manor which was perfect for hunting and because of this there had been several times where a half-eaten rabbit turned up on Anastasia's bed.

"Father says they're for protection, but right now they're still in Russia. My brother has one too. They never ever let strangers near us unless we tell them it's okay."
« Last Edit: 12/03/2013 at 14:23 by Anastasia Borovsky »

NORMAL IS AN ILLUSION
WHAT IS NORMAL FOR THE SPIDER
IS CHAOS FOR THE FLY

Aethelstan G. Lowsley

(12/03/2013 at 17:16)
  • Auror-in-Training
  • C11D17T5S5
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Most Likely to Always be Single
    • View Profile
The conversation went on, and Aethelstan let it. He just gave a nod and a small smile to the girl he was talking to, the one with the kitten. He didn't want to hear most people sing: not that he didn't like singing, they just often were not very good. At least the girl recognized that. "Excuse me." He said softly, getting up. He stood, skirting the fire over to the snacks table.

His hot chocolate was fine, but he needed more than just that. The opening feast, as always, would be worse. All the voices, talking at once. A din that could not be silenced. It was one evening, and he would survive it. Hopefully. But it was not an evening he was looking forward to. This was a good practice, to prepare. He just hoped there would be no snow in the Great Hall.

He picked up a cookie from the table, taking a bite out of it. Though, he heard something that piqued his interest. "Father says they're for protection, but right now they're still in Russia. . ." Russia. Her parents were living in Russia? Questions entered his mind: it was not often that he met someone from the USSR. He had to ask at least one question.

He made his way over to the girl (Anastasia), and coughed slightly. "Pardon me," He said softly, "But are your parents alright? It must not be easy living under the communist regime in Russia." Nor getting out. She doubted that the girl was a communist spy, of course. Why would they send spies to Hogwarts?

Zoey Arnette

(12/04/2013 at 20:05)
  • Second Year
  • C2D1T2S1
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
A wolf pup?! Zoey looked down at Oliver, the little orange and white cat was oblivious to the surprise of her owner. A two year old 'pup' probably could have eaten the little cat in one medium-sized gulp. He wouldn't even had to chew.

Her grip tightened automatically around her little warm friend. If anything ever happened to Oliver she would be heart broken. That being said, she couldn't deny the interest of such a unique animal as a pet. Maybe, if had from a baby, it could be trained to love and protect a little runt creature like Oliver.

"That's so cool. How did you find them for pets?!" she asked, interested. What an amazing pet to have.

She grinned over at Samantha when she spoke. So she had a little one to match! Zoey didn't doubt that they would be quite the cute pair; two orange and white cats running around. "Maybe they will get along too." she replied with a small smile. "We'll definitely had to see. Since I'm sure their owners will be around and about at some point." she added with a wink. She liked Samantha. The girl, for being older than her, seemed a little more childish (or Zoey associated a pink stuffed animal with such things) but all in all she was a nice girl. And didn't seem to mind getting into mischief, which Zoey was definitely up for.

The girl sat back and listened to others question the Russian girl about her wolf pup. She was an intriguing person, someone Zoey immediately liked. Anastasia seemed quirky, candid in her speech, and and like someone who didn't jump into a conversation about nail color and hair styles. Definitely someone Zoey could get along with. She even laughed when she made the 'Maybe so' comment.

"Do you think we'll get to tell ghost stories?"

"I would be up for going to do our own 'ghost' campfire" she agreed with Caroline. That would be quite the fun camp experience, in her opinion. Personally, she didn't know a lot of ghost stories, but she was all up for hearing one. Plus, she was creative enough - perhaps she would be able to make one up on the spot?

She fell silent when the boy she had spoken to initially asked the pale girl about what it was like to live in Russia. She was a little taken aback actually, as the question seemed very forward of him. Perhaps Zoey was a bit sheltered because of such things. Her family was quiet and kept to themselves mostly and, although there was war that went on, her parents were not so much involved. Or, if they were, Zoey didn't know about it. And she had no other known family members to be worried about. All she could do in this situation was turn her gaze to Ana in interest, and wait to hear what she had to say.

Amethyst Black

(12/05/2013 at 02:33)
  • Fourth Year
  • C3D4T5S4
    • View Profile
Amethyst was excited to be at camp this summer for unlike any of the other summers she had attended camp she was now attending as a soon to be Hogwarts student instead of A salem student. She was now happily living with her Uncle Johnnie and Aunt Janie and  cousinJoelle,they had even given Amethyst Jessie's old room,which Amethyst found exceptionally neat since she had always idolized her older cousin. Unfortunately Amethyst getting her own way after all those years of arguing had come at a price,she had had to concede to taking that dreadful growth potion,much to her dismay as her small stature had suited her quite well at Salem. Although Amethyst was quite pleased at the changes accruing in her body,she finally didn't look like a nine year old baby and would be catching up to most other fourteen year olds. She may have lost some of her baby looks but she was maturing in other ways,and just in time since she had begun to notice boys.

Amethyst walked to the Welcome campfire with high hopes and a bounce in her step,this was destined to be a summer of changes for her and the recent unexplainable change in the weather was just an indication. Her unusually bright,emerald eyes were lit with the hopes of great things to come as she approached the rather large gathering. She looked around for the golden hair of her cousin and not seeing it sighed heavily. She was hoping to find Joie,it was always easier to know someone. She nervously looked around for a familiar face or even a friendly one would do at that point.
« Last Edit: 12/05/2013 at 15:23 by Amethyst Black »

* Anastasia Borovsky

(12/05/2013 at 02:48)
  • On The Run
  • C4 D6 T5 S4
  • ['45-'46] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner Most Likely to End Up in Azkaban ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
"That's so cool. How did you find them for pets?!"

Personally she didn't see what was so exciting about it and raised a brow to her question. Then again, the girl only had a cat. They may of been pretty but all they did was sit around and sleep all day.

"I'm not sure. Father brought them home one day. Before Igor we had Roman but he died of old age."

In fact the head of Roman and other past wolves of theirs were mounted on the walls of Borovsky Place in Buckinghamshire. It was a tribute to them, to honour their loyalty and service to the family.

"I think every family in our family," That didn't quite make sense in her opinion, English was still sometimes difficult, "Has wolves. They are our family's...symbol?"

They were pretty much everywhere at home, at Uncle Maxim's and at Grandmama's so they were very important. Father even had a silver wolf head on his cane which he took with him absolutely everywhere.

"Pardon me but are your parents alright? It must not be easy living under the communist regime in Russia."

As usual, her face stayed expressionless as it turned to the boy. That was not a question she could answer honestly as her father had sat her down every day for a week before attending camp, to made sure she knew exactly how to answer certain questions.

This is something that has happened several times in her life. She knew exactly what to say and when to say things to several different individuals. She knew safe-words and how to indicate she was in danger with/without using her voice or using her hands. She even knew how to hold her breathe for a whole 3 minutes.

Then again, her father worked for the Russian Ministry of Magic. It was all necessary even if she didn't know it. Especially since the war had begun.

"My parents are quite alright. We all moved to England."

There was a short pause. One barely noticeable and Anastasia frowned slightly before continuing with what she was saying.

"I don't know what a communist is," She lied, showing no telling signs what so ever, "We're Catholic if that's what you mean."
« Last Edit: 12/05/2013 at 02:51 by Anastasia Borovsky »
H O U S E  OF  B O R O V S K Y
soverignty for wolves is death to the lambs

Naomi Mary Watson

(12/05/2013 at 05:37)
  • Lawyer
  • C14D9T11S12
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Apple Blossom - Most Promising ['42-'43] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
One whole meter tall ... That's just huge. About the same size as an adult. Maybe two years old meant adulthood in wolf world. How long did the wolves live anyway? Seven years like regular dogs or something ... She wasn't sure ... but damn that was so big. It would reach her hip in height. Bit scary to think what one adult wolf could do. Even if it was domesticated.

"Very impressive really. I'm not sure they'd let wolves into Hogwarts though ... I think it's only harmless animals. Cats, owls, stuff like that ... " And why was the other kid asking about communists and spies? Naomi had read about that in passage last summer. Just because the girl was Russian, that didn't mean one would have to apply this stereotype on her. But the kid in question was young so no need to tell him off. Instead Naomi's gaze went to the little fluffy head coming out of the other girl's coat and the brunette smiled briefly. "He's so cute ... "

Then her attention went to a familiar figure that had approached the campfire. It was hard not to remember the girl which had grown up quite a bit since Naomi had first seen her at Salem. The brunette waved her over. "Amethyst ... hey, Amethyst. Come on over and warm up ... There's some hot chocolate over there and marshmellows. Come on and sit with us." She looked briefly at the others and apologized for her excitement. "She's a classmate. We both went to Salem last term."

Samantha Carlisle

(12/05/2013 at 23:31)
  • Second Year
  • C2 D3 T2 S1
    • View Profile
The overhearing of a mention of a wolf pup excited Samantha.  She loved all animals, but really liked wolves because they were so neat, crafty, and loyal to their pack.  Form the books she read, they were really good parents, too, but dangerous.  The dangerous part, Samantha liked to forgoet.  They had such beautiful coats, and Samantha always wanted to see a real one in person.  But of course it never happened.  She had heard them howl before, but never had she actually seen one in person alive.

"Wow, I'm so jealous.  I want a wolf pup!  Where did you find them, and how did you train them to be domesticated?  I'm so jealous!"

And then she fell silent and smiled at Zoey as she mentioned Oliver and Samantha's kitten Colleen would have to meet.

"Definitely!"  Samantha chimed in as she sipped on her hot chocolate.

Older students joined the pow-wow, and Samantha offered friendly waves to them, just because that was polite and what she did.

"You both went to Salem,"  Samantha inquired of the two older students.  "What is it like?  I've never been to the United States."

The journey is the reward.  
--Chinese Proverb

Amethyst Black

(12/06/2013 at 01:48)
  • Fourth Year
  • C3D4T5S4
    • View Profile
Amethyst's face brightened and she smile as she waved back to Naomi. Amethyst made her way past fellow campers trying not to step on too many toes or trip and fall since she was still getting used to the body the growth potion had granted her. Muttering "excuse me and sorry" she made her way by Naomi and took a seat.

"Hey Naomi,it's nice to see you."Amethyst smiled back.

A younger student next to Naomi had asked about Salem. Amethyst smiled and looked at the younger camper,Amethyst's brilliant green eyes lighting up her face.

"Hi I'm Amethyst Black. Yep we both went to Salem. Salem is alright but I am so excited to start at Hogwarts the upcoming term. United States is great but I moved to London with my Aunt and Uncle and cousins. I love the change of seasons in America. I lived there my whole life. Winters are cold and snowy,kinda like camp this summer."Amethyst giggled.

What Amethyst wasn't saying was how much she had hated Salem Institute and a certain professor there. Amethyst was also more than glad to be away from her two younger brothers and living with girls for a change.

Samantha Carlisle

(12/07/2013 at 01:31)
  • Second Year
  • C2 D3 T2 S1
    • View Profile
"It is nice to meet you, Amethyst. I'm Samantha, and I was at Beauxbatons last term, but am so glad to be going to Hogwarts.  It has to be better than that place was,"  Samantha said bluntly and honestly.

She listened to the older girl give a brief description of the United States' weather, and Samantha's eyes lit up.  An older student,a much older one was willingly talking to her?  Wow!  That was different. And unexpected.  Samantha had expected to be completely ignore by the Salem girl, but she wasn't and Samantha, to say the least was shocked.  No one older ever willingly talked to Samantha it seemed, well say except her parents, brothers, and relatives and governess of course.

"I have seen pictures of the changing seasons in America in books.  Is there really suck a rainbow of leaf colors like the books portray it?  Because if so, it is so pretty, and I would love to visit there and see the colors one day.  So would my kitten Colleen, and of course Daisy."

Samantha smiled and fell silent, but then kind of blushed a bit when she realized she had mentioned Daisy and the older girl probably thought Samantha was insane now, speaking of someone called Daisy when Daisy wasn't a real person but her stuffed, pink unicorn.

"Sorry, Daisy is my stuffed unicorn daddy got me on one of his travels around the world years, and years ago.  She's sleeping right now in my backpack, but I know she would love to see the pretty colors, too."

And with that Samantha fell silent once more as she sipped a little more of her hot chocolate.

Visualize this thing that you want, see it, feel it, believe in it. Make your mental blue print, and begin to build.  
--Robert Collier

Amethyst Black

(12/07/2013 at 17:16)
  • Fourth Year
  • C3D4T5S4
    • View Profile
Amethyst smiled warmly at Samantha as she introduced herself.

"It's nice to meet you as well Samantha. I have cousins at Beauxbatons but I rarely see them. Yes in Fall the leaves turn amazing colors,bright reds,yellows,and oranges. When they fall off the trees it's fun to pile them up and jump in them. I am sure you,Daisy and Colleen would love America. My parents and two younger brothers are still there. By all means don't wake Daisy,I will meet her some other time. We wouldn't want her to get cold."Amethyst said with a gentle smile thinking of the handmade rag doll she still kept hid under her pillow.

"How is the hot chocolate? Does it have marshmallows in it?"Amethyst asked Samantha with a smile. Anything had to be better than pumpkin juice,even though Amethyst had been drinking it her whole life she still didn't fancy the taste.

Amethyst's eyes scanned the crowd around the fire before her intensely green eyes focused on the flames. She held her hands out closer to the fire to warm her fingers.

* Anastasia Borovsky

(12/08/2013 at 16:32)
  • On The Run
  • C4 D6 T5 S4
    • View Profile
"Very impressive really. I'm not sure they'd let wolves into Hogwarts though ... I think it's only harmless animals. Cats, owls, stuff like that ... "

Well that was rude. Anastasia frowned but made sure to bite her tongue. After all, she didn't really know the girl. She probably didn't mean to insult her, but she still felt insulted.

"Boris is harmless! Look!" Anastasia reached into her fur coat's inside pocket and took out a polaroid picture. It was of Boris sitting with her arms wrapped around him. Though, you could truly see how huge he was due to Ana being as petite as she was, "It doesn't matter though. I have an owl for school."

He was the sweetest most gentle creature in the world when he was with her. They weren't always on protection mode, in fact they only were when they went out in public, if they had guests, or Anastasia went to go play in the woods. Besides then, they were just like normal doggies.

"Wow, I'm so jealous.  I want a wolf pup!  Where did you find them, and how did you train them to be domesticated?  I'm so jealous!"

"Well we raised them since they were ickle." She replied, "Igor was bought from a breeder, however we found Boris in the forest near our home. We think he was abandoned."

He must have been the runt of the litter, otherwise he wouldn't have been left behind. That or his mother was killed. Poor Boris! It was okay though. Stassie was his mommy now.

"You gotta be strict with them because they aren't just pets. They're warriors."

She wasn't sure if that was the right word, but she just shrugged and sipped from her hot cocoa before taking some more marshmallows and dropping them into the mug.

i'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
offer me that deathless death, Good God,
let me give you my life

Naomi Mary Watson

(12/08/2013 at 19:55)
  • Lawyer
  • C14D9T11S12
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Apple Blossom - Most Promising ['42-'43] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
"What she said ... Salem is ok but ... I think there's better opportunities at Hogwarts for me." Naomi wasn't sure if she should go deep into details about that. Maybe younger kids wouldn't be interested in that. So she just sipped some of her beverage and gazed towards the owner of the wolf pup. Who didn't seem to appreciate much what Naomi had just said. Why was she frowning? The brunette blinked a few times before realizing that there was a misunderstanding.

"No, no ... That's not what I meant ... I'm sure he's harmless. After all, he's your pet. And your parents trust him with you. But the idea of 'harmless' of the decision people in Britain is probably different. I guess they just don't trust kids' instincts. Maybe sometimes they shouldn't ... but there are times when they should ... " Decision people ... probably someone in the local Ministry or something. Naomi didn't know whom that would be, but perhaps someone should tell them a word or two. Even if they wouldn't listen ...

She looked closely at the picture that the girl showed of the wolf pup. Rather adorable picture, actually. And damn, he was so big. Naomi smiled in response to the picture, before speaking: "I think he's awesome. Just saying ... It's a shame you can't bring him. I would've loved to meet him." Just a big fluffy dog. And he did look harmless in that picture. Shame about those rules ... Clearly they didn't consider the wishes of the kids when they had made those. Yes, there could be danger with some animals, but surely there could be measures taken to avoid problems. Right? Right.
"I will kill you 18 different ways with this paperclip." - Ziva David (NCIS)

"Mossad. Hot liquid. Let her have it, McGee." - Anthony DiNozzo (NCIS)

Samantha Carlisle

(12/10/2013 at 00:54)
  • Second Year
  • C2 D3 T2 S1
    • View Profile
Samantha had been enthralled talking to the older girl known as Amethyst, especially since she was taking the time to answer Samantha's questions, that for a minute or two, Samantha had completely forgotten about the wolf pup.  Until, well until the girl showed a weird muggle picture was it, maybe of it, and Samantha's earlier questions were answered.

"Aww the poor thing!"  Samantha said sadly and sincerely at the mention of Boris probably having been abandoned.  "It is a good thing you found him then, "  Samantha said enthusiastically.

"He's so pretty!"

Samantha, as usual was then distracted once more as the older girl from Salem answered her questions happily.

Samantha smiled widely as the girl known as Amethyst acknowledged the importance of rest for Daisy, and she almost squealed in delight, as if she were six and not almost twelve.  Amazingly, someone didn't seem to think Samantha odd as she referred to Daisy.

"Aww thanks, Amethyst.  Daisy will appreciate that because she has to get her rest to fight the evil goblin king and his slaves and minions tomorrow so all the other unicorns can be free, again"  Samantha replied happily as she concocted the whole story in her head.

She smiled.

She immediately knew this older girl was very nice, and she reminded Samantha a bit of her older sister Hailee, who although 16, almost 17 never though Samantha's vivid imagination and idiosyncracies were odd or things that needed to be fixed. So very unlike her nanny, and so many other people.

"Wow, that sounds incredible.  I'm going to see America one day in person, yes I will, and I will see all the pretty leaf colors, and jump in a giant leaf pile with Colleen and Daisy! Thank you for telling me all about it, Amethyst."

Samantha sipped a bit more of her hot chocolate.

"The hot chocolate is very good.  Of course I had marshmallows in it! What's hot chocolate without marshmallows,"  Samantha replied seriously.
Imagination rules the world.
--Napoleon Bonaparte

Selena Winter

(12/10/2013 at 20:32)
  • 4th Year
  • C2D3T1S1
    • View Profile
Another campfire. Selena just sat there and let it all happen. Her mind wasn't focused on the conversation. It was on her hair. Maybe she was really selfish, but she kept on feeling her bare neck. She made the stupidest decisions, but it was a rebellious choice, to show...she didn't know, she was different? she was special? She was a new person, not that dainty girl at Beauxbatons, but a brand new reformed Hogwarts student. But, a pixie cut? Actually, she didn't know what it was. She just cut and cut and cried and cried until she didn't know what to do anymore.

She found herself closing her eyes, listening to the hum of talking and forced them open.

"Hi!" she awkwardly introduced herself. Talking was bad, but it would keep her awake, and that was good. The other kids probably thought she was crazy, but she didnt really care.
“Just because you don't say much doesn't mean people don't notice you. It's actually the quiet ones who often draw the most attention. There's this constant whirlwind of motion and sound all around, and then there's the quiet one, the eye of the storm.”
― Amy Efaw

Tags: