Don't forget to sign up for a cabin!

Author Topic: 'Welcome to Camp Loki' Campfire! | (OPEN TO ALL CAMPERS)  (Read 2120 times)

Caroline Whitt

(12/02/2013 at 02:57)
"A medical suit? That's really interesting. Where did you get it?"

Her first reaction was to say St. Mungos.  Though she didn't want to sound like she herself was one of those muggleborn orphans who were stuck there.  She was luckier than them, as she had been adopted.  Yet, somehow Jabari wasn't quite a father.  He was the closest thing she had though and if Crispin was counted as a sibling then he was counted as a father.

"Medical supply shop on Knockturn.  They can be useful for protection when experimenting with new potions. "

Perhaps mentioning Knockturn was worse.  Of course she just smiled to herself as she pulled back her cooked marshmallow that she held so far above the flames that it had taken a long time to warm.  Then she plopped it in her mouth with a smile.

Unlike the others she had the right idea about this fire - cooking marshmallows was more important than socializing.

Naomi Mary Watson

(12/02/2013 at 05:30)
  • Lawyer
  • C14D9T11S12
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Apple Blossom - Most Promising ['42-'43] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
What kind a Summer Camp was this? There was snow everywhere and it was freaking cold. This was Winter Land, not Summer Camp. Talk about false advertising. She was going to sue whoever was in charge of this camp. Good thing she had been inspired to get some warm clothes along with her summer attire. Because she wasn't going to last two months here without her thick coats and her furs.

At least the camp counselors had taken care of the warmth for the evening. Fire, warm drinks and other things. The brunette didn't join the group that was chatting by the fire right away. She just observed them critically for a few moments. They all seemed younger than she was. Except for that boy. But Naomi wasn't interested in him at this point. The girls seemed more pleasant than he was. Hence why she took a few steps to settle on a log next to the group. But, before she could say anything, a sneeze came over without warning.

"Atchoo ... "

Nice introduction. Without further ado, she grabbed hold of a warm mug filled with cocoa and sipped some of the delicious liquid. After which she pulled her winter coat more firmly towards herself to provide more cover. "Interesting summer, isn't it?" The girl in charge of this gathering seemed familiar, but Naomi couldn't quite place her. So she just directed her attention towards the younger girls. "I'm Naomi ... Mind if I warm up here too?"

It was a rhetorical question. She had no intention of moving elsewhere. She needed to warm up. She had every right to do so.

Aethelstan G. Lowsley

(12/02/2013 at 05:39)
  • Auror-in-Training
  • C11D17T5S5
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Most Likely to Always be Single
    • View Profile
Footsteps in the snow. Light, deliberate. Towards the table of snacks. Pause, then movement again. Towards a seat. A shadow cast by the light of fire.

Aethelstan stepped out of the dusk, hot chocolate in hand, raw marshmellow in the other. He took a seat on the log, eyes looking forward. Lifting the marshmellow, he dropped it into the cup, the white mellow bouncing and bobbing in the liquid, before it came to a stop. Nothing spilled, which was good.

Aethelstan cast his eyes around. He didn't really recognize anyone, not yet at least. The fire, dancing and crackling, obscured faces as much as it provided light. Not that there were many that he knew, just faces and names, names and faces. There was not that much he could do about that.

Other than stay warm. That's what the hot chocolate was for. He had never tried Butterbeer, the name had always put him off. No, something simple, something that existed when he was a muggle in the magical world. They were few and far between, it seemed. Glancing down again, he blew lightly onto the cup, steam rising from the surface to his face.

Raising it to his lips, he took a sip. Brief, just to warm him up. Summer had no right to be so cold.

Zoey Arnette

(12/02/2013 at 07:03)
  • Second Year
  • C2D1T2S1
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
The snow crunched beneath her feet, and Zoey took care to step only where fresh snow lay. It was methodical, making sure that each time her boot met the snow that it would make a perfect, fresh print. The girl loved snow, loved winter in general actually. It made everything seem quiet, cozy, and beautiful. Icicles hung from trees and snowflakes sparkled like diamonds in the moonlight. She didn't know what it was about the season, but standing in snow - fresh, untouched snow - made it feel like Zoey was the only one in the world. Everyone else was gone and she could revel in her solitude.

She walked with her head down, watching her boots sink into crisp white. She had more than enough winter clothing for the unusual summer, as she hadn't known what to pack so she packed her entire school trunk. An over-diligent first year but it happened to work out in her favor. What was more, all her winter clothing were new; furs were full and her mittens were fluffy, never been worn before. Her parents had gone all out, which was unusual. Before being accepted to Hogwarts she had only ever worn second hand clothing, and now she was dressing like some upscale Beauxbatons rich kid.

As sounds of the campfire group grew closer Zoey was drawn out of her own personal world. Perhaps this would be fun, she hadn't met a whole lot of people yet at the camp.

Meow.

The tiny cry came from behind her and the first-year-to-be turned her head, watching her tiny ginger and white cat attempting to jump from footprint to footprint. "I'm sorry Oliver." she said, stopping and picking up the little animal. The little guy liked to follow her around and seemed to want to join the festivities instead of sleep in the warm accommodations of the tent. Zoey unzipped her jacket a bit, tucking the little creature inside so that his head was the only thing sticking out, and continued to approach the group.

The set up seemed cozy and friendly, and Zoey recognized a couple of people; the two girls she had met in Diagon Alley.They seemed to have settled in with some new people quite quickly which didn't surprise her - the two seemed very outgoing and friendly.

She took her own seat on an empty log not too far away, offering the two a smile and a wave. She felt a little out of place. Even though she was a social girl, Joy and Samantha were very chatty. Zoey found it a little hard to keep up with at times. So she sat close enough that she could say hello and join in the conversation if it sparked her interest, but left a couple of seats open around her to meet some new people. That was partly what the 'summer' camp was about too, right?

As Oliver snuggled down into her jacket, the girl turned to the person closest to him, who happened to be a boy who looked not too much older than herself (Aethelstan). "So what's gonna happen here?" she asked, "We sit around and sing 'kumbaya'?"

Really, she didn't know if this boy was a transfer student or a previous student - or if he had been to the camp before at all. But she took her chances. And her question didn't sound so much like mocking as... a little curious about what this was all about but not being so enthusiastic about a cliche summer camp fire. She didn't always play well with groups.

* Anastasia Borovsky

(12/02/2013 at 10:31)
  • On The Run
  • C4 D6 T5 S4
  • ['45-'46] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner Most Likely to End Up in Azkaban ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
"Hi Anastasia. Are you going to Hogwarts? I want to be in Gryffindor or Ravenclaw. What about you?"

She raised a thick brow before responding.

"Yes. Why else would I be at camp?" It most likely sounded rude but she was being completely serious, "And I'm not sure of what they are."

Were they different schools? She wondered. If she and her family had still been in Russia, she would be going to Durmstrang which is where all the rest of her family was educated. She half wish she still was, purely because she already knew all about it. She felt like she was at a disadvantage here.

"Did someone say marshmellows?... These are seriously tasty. Here you go."

A blonde had appeared but Anastasia didn't say anything to her, however when offered a marshmallow by a brunette girl she took up the offer by delicately picking up two. She popped one into her mouth and begun to chew.

She didn't really pay attention to much of what the girls had to say. She reintroduced herself again but that was about it. Truthfully, she was a little bored and wondered where her brother could be. He was always late if he wasn't hurried by Olga, their minder.

"So what's gonna happen here? We sit around and sing 'kumbaya'?"

Her lip curled upwards in disgust. That was truly the last thing she wanted to do. Hold hands with strangers and swap sob stories? No thank you. This was boring and they were boring. She wanted to play a game and go and explore.

"I hope not," She retorted with widened eyes, "There's only so much I can take."

Standing up, she decided to go and sit with the girl who had spoken and a young blonde boy instead who were both around the same age as she. Maybe they had something more interesting to say.

"I like your cat. He's pretty."
« Last Edit: 12/02/2013 at 10:33 by Anastasia Borovsky »
i'll tell you my sins and you can sharpen your knife
offer me that deathless death, Good God,
let me give you my life

* Reagan Lilly

(12/02/2013 at 11:26)
  • Junior Healer - Magical Psychology
  • C10D6T9S5
  • Donor ['42-'43] Quidditch Champions Tiger Lily - Most Proud
    • View Profile
"Are you okay? You seem kind of... weird."

Reagan frowned at the girl, who the hell was she to call her "weird?" She took a deep breath, obviously she hasn't meant to be insulting, the girl was ridiculously over friendly.

"I am fine thanks!" She snapped slightly "Its just these stupid log seats, who on earth thought these were an accustomed seating idea? There awefully uncomfortable." She trailed of in a mummble, cursing under her breath and jabbing at the wood beneath her.

Another girl joined the group, converting the girls attention. Reagan gazed off into the fire for a moment, and before long there were more students approaching. An older came first introducing herself as Naomi, then a girl with a cat who took a seat nearby followed by a younger blonde boy.

"So what's gonna happen here?" she asked "We sit around and sing 'kumbaya'?"

Reagan couldn't help but chuckle to herself at the girls comment. She sure as hell hoped not, she wasn't one for physical contact with strangers. Her eyes rolled as she reached across for a stick on the floor, taking a marshmallow, shoving it on the end and holding it out to the flame to roast.

Her eyes glanced down at the cat. Pretty? An usual word to describe a cat but she went with it. Her head turned to the girl,
"What's his name?"
« Last Edit: 12/02/2013 at 15:44 by Reagan Lilly »

Rylyn Conner

(12/02/2013 at 11:40)
  • Seventh Year
  • C5D4T7S6
    • View Profile
So many familiar and unfamiliar face mad Rylyn’s head spin, he was still getting over the shock of not being able to go home. Well he could but there was nothing left for him in America…the one person he thought he was in love with disappointed him and the person he knows he’s in love with….will never see him in that way. Putting his hand in the pocket of his jacket he walked slowly towards the campfire, snowing in summer…wizards were really messed up. Of course camping no matter what was something he was good at so he might as well make the most of it. It was perfect time to get to know people…especially people who have been or will be transferring to his new school.

A place he was hoping to avoid with all his might, to many stuck people thinking they knew everything…or so his parents say. He mentally snorted at that…why was his listening to his parents?? He had no clue but he was wishing Viv or Athena was here of course he saw Freya but only from a distance he had yet to go up and talk to her. Something was different about her but he shrugged it off…wasn’t his problem. He had enough on his plate.

Sighing he walked over to the table grabbed a butterbeer and sat down on one of the logs. He didn’t even bother flirting or looking to see if he recognized anybody. Taking a sip of his drink he waited to see if coming here this early was worth…walking for a little while longer would’ve given him time to think.
"I live for myself and I answer to nobody" - Steve McQueen

* Leander Laskos

(12/02/2013 at 11:53)
  • Adjunct Magical Creatures Sanctuary Administrator
  • C13D5S13T13
  • Superlative Winner - Most Flexible
    • View Profile
Leander sniffled, and the result of years of scolding by his mother, refrained from using his sleeve as a handkerchief.

He ought to have adjusted by now. Really the temperature wasn't so bad, but his body seemed to want to shiver in protest. Anders traipsed down the trail from the Cave towards the smoke of the bonfire. Two jumpers, not to mention how many layers of undershirts and wooly socks. He was used to summers in warmer climes, and while he was no stranger to British winters, somehow the blanket of misfortune (or miracle, or magic, misplaced or otherwise) that coated camp was like a poor alternative. He wanted the cliffside beaches, clear waters, and warm gusts through cyprus leaves.

And somehow he was meant to tell everyone it was Christmas come early.

He wasn't about to wrangle them to come to the bonfire. There'd be enough opportunity throughout the summer, he was sure, for mothering. Yes, coordinating campers' activities was technically one of his main 'duties' but he'd also spent all morning directing his new assignees to their tents up at the Cave. Besides the thought of cocoa and other warm and wintery treats ought to be reason enough to make the effort of an appearance.

But then Badgers always found an excuse for food.

He flashed a quick smile at Aubrey before grabbing a mug of butterbeer (which he heated with his wand, a perk of being counsellor). The nearest group of girls, some he recognized, others not, were engrossed in some conversation. Probably about hair accessories or winter coats. Settling down on one of the logs, Leander resisted the temptation to lie down. 

He was still cold. The butterbeer would help and perhaps a welcome distraction.

HUFFLEPUFF
hard at work

* Diego Santos

(12/02/2013 at 12:17)
  • Private 33rd Infantry
  • C11 D8 T11 S8
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Time flashed by in a blur. He could hear the girls on the opposite side of the fire chin wagging and welcoming one and other. Not one of them had noticed him really.

He took his guitar from his side and played with the strings, adjusting the prongs at the top to find the right tuning. Once he had got it just how he liked it, Diego looped the strap around his shoulders and began to strum a few gentle notes.

He lifted his drink of butter beer and took a sip before beginning to play a tune. Finally a few boys came over to take seats and just in time. The young girls presence had began to make him feel uncomfortable and out of place.

He nodded in thier direction as they took a seat nearby, and after a few moments he placed his fingers over the strings, abruptly ending his playful tune.

"Hey... Thank god you guys have turned up, I was worried I'd be getting my nails painted and a makeover by the end of the night with all these girls about." Diego twisted his neck in the direction of the younger girls with a smirk.

"I'm Diego." He held his hand out toward the two lads.

Rylyn Conner

(12/02/2013 at 13:08)
  • Seventh Year
  • C5D4T7S6
    • View Profile
Rylyn nodded while shaking the older boys hand“Rylyn.” he said simply before taking another sip and looking towards the girls. Had this been last month…heck had it been last week it would’ve been different. He would be over thee all smiles and charm, but instead he was here sulking somewhat wanting to drown his problems but there was no lake to do so. He couldn’t swim nor run without catching pneumonia and or something equal dreadful. Sighing he looked around, not much to do or talk about...music he didn’t like it too many memories, the other boy seemed familiar. Like he should remember that name from somewhere, sadly he ignored that too.

He attempted to put a smiled on his face and join in the conversation but he had no inkling of what to say. Which surprised him, he was completely lost these day…or maybe it was because he didn’t care either way. He knew he was terrible company…and a worse boyfriend…wait where did that come from? He chased that thought out of his mind and smirked “I’m pretty sure they’d be able to find your color, if that’s what you’re worried about.” He said before laughing, maybe it was easy then he was making it seem.
It’s better to die on your feet than to live on your knees. — Emiliano Zapata

Aethelstan G. Lowsley

(12/02/2013 at 15:29)
  • Auror-in-Training
  • C11D17T5S5
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Most Likely to Always be Single
    • View Profile
More people were coming, more chatter. It was almost like one of his father's dinner parties back in Oxford. Except, trade the intellectual professors with magical schoolchildren, the warm dining room with snow and logs, and the fine dining with hot chocolate and marshmallows. The rest was the same. People moved, sat, and chatted, but he didn't feel a need to take place in it all.

Someone beside him spoke.  "So what's gonna happen here?" she asked, "We sit around and sing 'kumbaya'?"

Aethelstan glanced to the side. It was a girl, like the voice suggested. Younger. Perhaps a first year as he couldn't find that much of a different accent, nor had he seen her around the school. Then again, the school was a big place. The boy gave his head a shake. "No, I would doubt that." He said quietly. " This is intended to be a social gathering and a sort of meet and greet, not an exercise in singing songs."

He glanced down again. A cat. He raised an eyebrow at that. Students had pets, of course, they just didn't carry them around all that often. "I hope your cat does not freeze in weather like this." He said. That seemed diplomatic enough.

Venus Colette Swan

(12/02/2013 at 17:10)
    • View Profile
Venus was terribly confused.

The little brunette bit her lip as she glanced out of the window of her cabin. She wasn’t really fond of the cold, however it did prevent her from getting sunburnt, which was a plus. She didn’t want to go outside and made no effort until she heard news of the campfire. A fire sounded lovely and warm and meeting some of the students wouldn’t be to bad.

After be home schooled for most of her life, a new start sounded quite pleasant and she welcomed company. She quickly bounced towards her bag and dressed in the warmest clothing she could find, a simple black high waist skirt with thick purple stocking and a pretty black blouse with her warmest knitted grey scarf. She smiled at her appearance before pulling a brush through her thick mass of brown curls.

Finally happy with her appearance, she exited the cabin and pouted as the cold seeped through her blouse. She really hadn’t prepared herself for the cold and wished she remembered to bring a thicker coat. Perhaps she ask her mother to send her one from Diagon Alley.

She suddenly wished she had agreed to go clothes shopping with her mother.

She made her way through the snow towards the warm glow of the snow before looking around, awkwardly.

She didn’t know anybody here and hoped that making friends wouldn’t prove to be difficult. She moved towards the fire and glanced around. There didn’t appear to be many others her age, so the fifteen year olds smile dropped. She decided to find a dry place to sit, however as she made her way towards a log she felt her legs slip from underneath her and felt herself fall right in-between two boys (Diego, Rylyn) around her age.

She fell hard on her bottom before looking up and blushing crimson. She hoped she didn’t bump either of them opened her mouth ready to apologize.

“Oh! I’m terribly sorry. I… It’s really slippery here.”

Great. She had made a fool of herself.

* Diego Santos

(12/02/2013 at 17:41)
  • Private 33rd Infantry
  • C11 D8 T11 S8
  • Donor
    • View Profile
The one lad reached out and took his hand, shaking it he introduced himself as Rylyn. Diegio watched him for a moment with curiosity. He wasn't sure if the lad was generally quiet or if something was plauging his mind but either way he didn't seem all that enthused to be there.

“I’m pretty sure they’d be able to find your color, if that’s what you’re worried about.”

Diego smirked. It was a shame if he was usually quiet, the boy had spunk and seemed sharp witted. But if something was disturbing him, it was nice to see him having a laugh... Even if it was at Diego's expense.

"Oh no its not that... I mean I'm obviously a pink kind of guy." He made a femine flick of the wrist and began to chuckle. But the laugh was cut short when from seemingly no where a girl came tumbling down between them.

Diego reached over his guitar in attempt to stop the fall or at least cushion the blow, with little success. The heavy instrument had just got in the way and barracaded him from giving her any help. She glared up at him rosey cheeked, obviously embarrassed by the whole ordeal.

“Oh! I’m terribly sorry. I… It’s really slippery here.”

Diego reached his hand down to help her up onto the seat beside him.

"Are you okay?... You haven't hurt yourself have you?" Diego smiled
"That was some fall you had there."
« Last Edit: 12/02/2013 at 17:42 by Diego Santos »

Zoey Arnette

(12/02/2013 at 18:57)
  • Second Year
  • C2D1T2S1
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Before the boy she had spoken to replied, a girl came over and sat down. Zoey turned her head to look up at the girl with dark hair and pale skin, appreciating the expression she ad on her face as she spoke. 

"I hope not,""There's only so much I can take."

At least Zoey wasn't the only one who both didn't know what was going on, and would be less than enthusiastic to sit an sing camp songs. She was also pleasantly surprised that someone was willing to come up and sit over by her. Maybe this social thing wouldn't be so bad after all. She snorted in amused agreement as the girl came over.

"What's his name?"

This time the girl couldn't help a little bit of a genuine smile. There weren't many important people in her life - well, her parents being the only ones really. Zoey didn't get attached to people and friends like others did. But she did get attached to the little fur ball sitting cozy in her jacket. Perhaps it was because he always followed her around and couldn't talk to give his opinion on what to do. Perhaps it was because, emotionally, the little creature was a bit like her; liking the companionship of someone else around at times but was consistently off doing their own thing. At the end of the day they didn't need anyone else.

"Thanks! His name is Oliver. He tried to follow me down here but he's too small to walk through all the snow." she said, looking down at the creature two was sitting content. His biggest concern at the moment seemed to be attempting to catch and chew Zoey's zipper on her jacket.

She looked back at the other two girls. She was a little bit stuck on where to take the conversation next. When she had met Joy and Samantha they had immediately started rattling off questions about life, and hobbies, and school history. Those sorts of questions, especially with such aggression, made the girl uncomfortable. She knew enough about Hogwarts, and she would find out soon enough what house she was in and no matter of chatting about which she would prefer would chance the outcome.

Luckily, the boy she had sat by eventually chimed in, taking the pressure off a little. A social gathering was definitely for the best as Zoey didn't even know any of the camp songs. Not that she would want to sing them if she did. "Thank Merlin," she replied, "I doubt whether anyone here would want to hear me sing." she added jokingly.

* Anastasia Borovsky

(12/02/2013 at 21:37)
  • On The Run
  • C4 D6 T5 S4
  • ['45-'46] Quidditch Champions [1945] Superlative Winner Most Likely to End Up in Azkaban ['43-'44] Prefect Pick!
    • View Profile
"Thanks! His name is Oliver. He tried to follow me down here but he's too small to walk through all the snow."

Anastasia let off a small smile. He seemed like a nice kitty, but looking at him caused her to miss her own pets. Here she was stuck with a pathetic looking owl who she thought was only good for delivering letters.

"I wish I could have brought my Boris." She begun, "He's my wolf pup. Well, he's two now and super big but he acts like a baby."

There was also her brother's wolf, Igor. They both acted as protectors of the home and the family, and they were the most snuggly pups in the whole wide world when everything was a-okay. However like most dogs with their owners, as soon as they sensed danger they turned into monsters.

The boy next to them then continued to confirm that they would most likely not have to sing. Anastasia was glad, because she only sung when she was on her own or at church which was then only because her Mother made her do it.

Apparently it made God very happy and it was the only time her Grandmama ever smiled at her directly, so she couldn't exactly refuse without being sent to the corner to say ten Hail Mary's.

"Thank Merlin. I doubt whether anyone here would want to hear me sing."

"Maybe so." Anastasia wasn't being insulting, or at least she thought she wasn't, "Do you think we'll get to tell ghost stories?"

They were her favourite.
H O U S E  OF  B O R O V S K Y
soverignty for wolves is death to the lambs

Samantha Carlisle

(12/02/2013 at 23:30)
  • Second Year
  • C2 D3 T2 S1
    • View Profile
It seemed that a ton of people suddenly showed up out of nowhere, and though Samantha like meeting people the amount that showed up all at once kind of overwhelmed her a bit.  She fell silent and simply listened to new conversations.  Her smile lit up brightly when Zoey showed up too, and with a kitty cat too, just like Samantha had.  However, Samantha kept her kitty cat away from the cold back where she slept at night.

"Hi Zoey! Good to see you, again! I like Oliver a lot.  I got a kitten, too.  Her name is Colleen and she's orange and white.  Maybe Oliver and her can play together sometime! But she refused to come outside.  She's probably snoozing on my bed, right now!"  Samantha replied casually as she sipped on the warm, sweet beverage.

And with that Samantha became silent as she continued to listen and watch people.
Live out of your imagination instead of out of your memory.
--Les Brown

Joy Detora

(12/03/2013 at 00:51)
  • Auror
  • C18D10T20S12
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Joy was a bit overwhelmed, but she had enough presence of mind to appreciate Zoey's joke.

"Maybe." She responded. "I don't know very many, but ghost stories are always fun. And Gryffindor and Ravenclaw are houses, people get sorted by personality into four houses at the start of the year." She explained. Did Anastasia come from a different country?

Most Brits knew what Hogwarts was about.

Loyalty, Labor, Love

Caroline Whitt

(12/03/2013 at 03:13)
"We sit around and sing 'kumbaya'?"

Hopefully she wouldn't be expected to sing.  If she was she was going to eat a quick succession of marshmallows and always be chewing.  Actually she was going to do that anyways as they were warm, and yummy.

Ghost stories.  She smiled. 

Overhearing someone mention ghost stories she said loudly " If we don't get to tell ghost stories tonight lets have our own camp fire. "  as she moved and prepared another marshmallow she'd grabbed from the container. 

Then she put another marshmallow on a stick into the fire and moved so she was cooking her marshmallow between the groups of younger kids.

* Leander Laskos

(12/03/2013 at 03:56)
  • Adjunct Magical Creatures Sanctuary Administrator
  • C13D5S13T13
  • Superlative Winner - Most Flexible
    • View Profile
Almost letting his throughts drift, he was brought back with a snap as he heard the sound of guitar strings. His eyebrow raised as his vision came back into focus. Another about his age abouts, foreign looking, was plucking at the metal encased strings. Anders quirked a lopsided corner of his mouth before slugging back a draught of his mulled beverage.

"Diego?" he confirmed, settling his mug on his bent knee, and joining hands with both. "I'm Anders."

He smirked at the suggestions of Rylyn's.

"Pink? With your skin tone? I think you'd better leave it up to the girls," Leander remarked, only half serious and chuckling into another deep swig.

As the brunette slipped into their conversation, it occured to him to try and help but  the suave one seemed to have things covered. It was doubtful that the girl was the first, nor the last to fall in the other boy's presence. There was at least one every year.

"Well, since you've already got yourself a seat, you might as well stay," he invited, smiling. He realized he already missed his favorite copper-headed klutz (he'd have to remember to post her an owl), but perhaps this one would turn out to be just as nice.  "I'm Leander," he introduced himself again (for probably the fourtieth time that day, too).

" 'S a good thing you didn't get something to drink before you headed over, it could have been a lot more of a mess," then his sense of counsellor duty kicking in, despite the comfort of his present seat, he offered, "Would you like me to get something for you? Or anyone else?"

His mug was could be easily emptied.

HUFFLEPUFF
hard at work

Naomi Mary Watson

(12/03/2013 at 12:35)
  • Lawyer
  • C14D9T11S12
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Apple Blossom - Most Promising ['42-'43] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Nobody answered to her question, not that they were supposed to. So Naomi simply took a seat and listened to the conversation. At first, the attention was focused on a kitten that belonged to one of the girls. A male cat, from what she heard. She doubted Oliver would've been given as a name to a female cat. He was cute though, all snuggled up in the girl's jacket. Naomi didn't have a pet but she didn't feel the need to get one. Not at this point anyway ... Maybe later.

Wait a moment ... Back the broom up. A wolf pup? Two years old? That sounded rather big. And probably dangerous. Wolves were dangerous, from what the brunette knew. But if they were domesticated ... maybe they were alright. Just some rather large dogs. Kinda like those huskies Naomi heard about. Those ones looked so fluffy and pretty. And quite loyal, apparently. Hmm ...

Now she was interested in the subject. Hence why she moved to closer to the girl that had mentioned her wolf pet and inquired. "Excuse me ... Hi. Um ... did you say  you have a two year-old wolf? How big is he? I'm just curious ... Never heard anyone having a wolf as a pet." Did they even allow such pets at Hogwarts? Apparently they only allowed cats, owls and rats ... or something like that. Someone had also told her that they might even accept snakes.

Yuck.

Tags: