Don't forget to sign up for a cabin!

Author Topic: Infirmary Sign-ups '40  (Read 818 times)

* Elizabeth Woods-Taylor

(11/24/2013 at 23:29)
  • Resistance Member + Private, 101st Broom Battalion Medic
  • C13D6T10S7
    • View Profile
Infirmary Sign-Ups 1940
how to save the world… one scraped knee at a time

Entering the cabin flying its red flag and white cross, it’s roomier than it might look from the outside. It’s snowing out, wet and heavy, but a mat at the door to wipe your wellies ought to allay any guilt about coming inside. However, besides the things one might expect in a camp infirmary (rows of beds, bandages, disinfectant), the Infirmary was otherwise empty. Weren’t there supposed to be sign-ups today?

At the back of the room however, around one of the beds a curtain is drawn, behind which two shadows are discernable. At the sound of the door, the one standing greets entering campers with, “Make sure the door’s closed!”

Of course, the cabin can’t stay as cozy as it is if the doors are left open all the time!

“If you’re a patient, and it’s not dire, hang on a tick while I finish up these stitches.”

From behind the curtain, a stifled whine. Someone was already having a bad day.

“If you’re here to sign-up for the Infirmary as an assistant, there’s a form at the back, by the potion station. When you’re finished you can fold it and leave it in the tray to the right.”

On one of the counters at the back, as directed, there is a stack of sign-up forms. Next to them is a plate of chocolate-- dark, milk, and white. They are both guarded by one rather large and wart-covered toad. Though uninterested in the chocolate, it does tend to stare, and a little rudely to boot! Above the impertinent thing and affixed to the cabinet is a sign that reads merely ‘Do Not Milk The Toad.’

It seems like the attendant on duty is a bit busy. There’s still the sound of quibbling from behind the curtain and the occasional whimper. Best just complete the form and head out-- maybe you can get to know your advisers a little later!

Role-play Opportunity written by Leander Laskos

OOC:
Welcome to the Infirmary. Your Chief Infirmary Assistants for the summer are Leander Laskos, Kathleen Ellwood-Luxe, and Elizabeth Woods-Taylor, who will supervise your training in first aid and patient care. Prospective healers will be developing skills in:

• Triage
  • Patient comfort (making beds, treating sniffles, changing bandages)
  • Treatment of minor injuries (from dueling, Quidditch, and/or hiking accidents)
  • Simple potion brewing and apothecary skills
  • Folding sheets and re-winding bandages

And remember, only YOU can prevent complications from minor cuts, poison oak outbreaks and bruising!

Feel free to write out your sign-up 'In Character', or just copy/post the code below with your answers to enlist.

If you choose to RP sign-ups, feel free to grab a bit of chocolate, but please don’t be greedy!

Also, I wouldn’t touch the frog if I were you.

Code: [Select]
[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Camp Team:[/b]
[b]Have you got any previous medical experience?:[/b]
[b]How about experience with herbs/potions?:[/b]
[b]What are you most interested in?:[/b] Triage | Injury Treatment | Apothecary/Potions | Staying Indoors
[b]Any known allergies or illnesses?[/b]

Sign-ups will remain open all summer!
(Though no promises about the chocolate lasting that long.)
« Last Edit: 12/01/2013 at 01:59 by Elizabeth Woods-Taylor »

Joy Detora

(12/01/2013 at 01:47)
  • Auror
  • C18D10T20S12
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [1945] Superlative Winner [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Player of the Week ['43-'44] Prefect Pick! Player of the Summer
    • View Profile
Joy pushed open the door, glancing inside the infirmary. It looked like someone was there already, hurt. She pursed her lips and saw the chocolate. Her eyes lit up, and she nearly ran across the whole room.

Right then, she didn't care if she wasn't allowed. It was Swinter* anyways. She took a bar of white chocolate and grabbed a form. She read it over, took the quill, and filled it out.

Name:Joy Detora
Camp Team:Tinsel
Have you got any previous medical experience?:Not really. I've only watched mum heal my scraped knee.
How about experience with herbs/potions?:Nope.
What are you most interested in?: Injury Treatment
Any known allergies or illnesses?:Nope.

She folded it and left it in the tray on the right. She tentatively patted the toad and left, feeling glad that she had finally gotten involved in something. She certainly wasn't going to stick around right now though.
« Last Edit: 12/01/2013 at 21:01 by Joy Detora »
you may be good looking
but you're not a piece of art

* Reagan Lilly

(12/01/2013 at 01:55)
  • Junior Healer - Magical Psychology
  • C10D6T9S5
  • Donor Tiger Lily - Most Proud ['42-'43] Quidditch Champions
    • View Profile
Name: Reagan Lilly
Camp Team: Star
Have you got any previous medical experience?: Not really
How about experience with herbs/potions?: Some
What are you most interested in?: Triage | Injury Treatment | Apothecary/Potions | Staying Indoors
Any known allergies or illnesses? Nope :)

Lucille Hopland

(12/01/2013 at 03:06)
  • Owner of Pot & Pantry
  • C7D14T11S5
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['45-'46] Prefect Pick! Most Likely to Snog You ['43-'44] Quidditch Champions Superlative Winner - Most Swift ['42-'43] Duelling Finalist Amaryllis - Most Dramatic
    • View Profile
Name: Lucille Hopland
Camp Team: Tinsel
Have you got any previous medical experience?: Yes, junior assistant last summer ('39) and apothecary assistant during the school year ('39-'40).
How about experience with herbs/potions?: None. They wouldn't let me touch anything...
What are you most interested in?: Everything!
Any known allergies or illnesses? I don't believe so...
« Last Edit: 12/01/2013 at 03:07 by Lucille Hopland »
we're getting close now, don't turn away.
IT'S THE START OF A NEW DAY

Samantha Carlisle

(12/01/2013 at 22:31)
  • Second Year
  • C2 D3 T2 S1
    • View Profile
Name: Samantha Carlisle
Have you got any previous medical experience?: I was an Infiramry assitant at Beauxbatons last term before it closed
How about experience with herbs/potions?: Hardy any
What are you most interested in?: ANYTHING!
Any known allergies or illnesses? Uh, I cannot have blueberries because they make me break out into hives :(
Imagination rules the world.
--Napoleon Bonaparte

Leyshell Brouchart

(12/02/2013 at 07:34)
  • 4th Year
  • C5D3T4S4
    • View Profile
Name: Leyshell brouchart
Camp Team: icicle
Have you got any previous medical experience?: Yes helped out in the infirmary at beaubaxtons 
How about experience with herbs/potions?:Yes
What are you most interested in?: Triage | Injury Treatment | Apothecary/Potions
Any known allergies or illnesses?Nopes
"The basic tool for the manipulation of reality is the manipulation of words. If you can control the meaning of words, you can control the people who must use the words.”- Phillip K.

Percy Marlowe

(12/02/2013 at 11:51)
Name: Percy Marlowe
Have you got any previous medical experience?: I poked Gaz in the eye once, does that count?
How about experience with herbs/potions?: Nope.
What are you most interested in?: Triage | Injury Treatment | Apothecary/Potions | Staying Indoors
Any known allergies or illnesses? Nope.

* Eugene Bryce

(12/02/2013 at 23:44)
  • Owner of AB&C Daycare!
  • C15D4T15S4
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! ['44-'45] Duelling Finalist ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Iris - Most Friendly
    • View Profile
Name: Eugene Bryce
Have you got any previous medical experience?: I know how to wrap up a bandage pretty ok
How about experience with herbs/potions?: Just the cooking kind...
What are you most interested in?: Everything!
Any known allergies or illnesses? Naw

Payton Rose

(12/03/2013 at 00:03)
  • Sixth Year
  • C8D6T8S7
  • Hyacinth - Most Sincere
    • View Profile
Name: Payton Rose
Camp Team: Team Icicle
Have you got any previous medical experience?: Not really
How about experience with herbs/potions?: Umm...
What are you most interested in?: Anything...I like to learn
Any known allergies or illnesses? No, but I do get a bit sniffly around cats.

Verity Cassandra

(12/06/2013 at 00:23)
Name: Verity Cassandra
Camp Team: Team Star
Have you got any previous medical experience?: Yes, Salem infirmary, two years running
How about experience with herbs/potions?: Not much
What are you most interested in?: Injury Treatment or anything you tell me to do!
Any known allergies or illnesses? Nope

Rosemary Lowsley

(12/06/2013 at 16:46)
  • Healer - Emergency & Triage
  • C2D2T2S6
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Name: Rosemary Lowsley
Camp Team: Icicle
Have you got any previous medical experience?: Minor experience with foot and leg injuries.
How about experience with herbs/potions?: Nope.
What are you most interested in?: Any
Any known allergies or illnesses? None.

* Arthur MacLaren

(12/06/2013 at 18:52)
  • Ickle Firstie
  • C2 D1 T1 S0
    • View Profile
Name: Arthur MacLaren
Camp Team: Tinsel
Have you got any previous medical experience?: I live in a hospital, so I guess that counts, right?
How about experience with herbs/potions?: I've seen them before....
What are you most interested in?: Toads. taking care of animals
Any known allergies or illnesses? Well, I know about measles, because I had it once and it itched.  And colds are no fun, but I know about them. And someone kept saying things about magical fat-teeg, but I dunno what that is.

Eleanor Nettleyew

(12/07/2013 at 10:48)
  • Second Year
  • C3T3D1S2
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
Name: Eleanor Nettleyew (just Ellie please)
Have you got any previous medical experience?: Er... no.
How about experience with herbs/potions?: No... (now I feel bad for answering no to everything)
What are you most interested in?: basically everything. I want to get training so I can start helping the Infirmary at Hogwarts next term.
Any known allergies or illnesses? I'm allergic to bees. And I have to warn you that my nose tends to run constantly when the temperature is below 5 degrees. (is that a problem for hygiene?)
"An eye for an eye only ends up making the whole world blind."

Mahatma Gandhi

Zoey Arnette

(12/14/2013 at 00:41)
  • Second Year
  • C2D1T2S1
  • Player of the Week
    • View Profile
It was shortly after the first Quidditch match that Zoey found herself in the infirmary. Again. Although this time it wasn't for Quidditch injuries, nor from falling out of a tree, or falling through the ice.

Well, actually if she really thought about, it could be interpreted that she was there because of those things. Zoey had been to the infirmary a few times on the receiving end of treatment. And, well, she already knew where a lot of the supplies were kept so the girl figured volunteering would help her familiarize with where things were and maybe even how to heal herself from future accidents. In Zoey's world they were inevitable, after all, and she hated relying on someone else to fix her. She hated relying on someone else for anything, so if she could eventually learn to do it herself, she would.

And so she ended up here, staring in front of the sign up sheet with her nose scrunched in disgust at the chocolate that was sitting by the sign up sheets. She wondered how long that had been sitting there. Shouldn't health care workers be wary of that?

She glanced around quickly, but no one else was really around nor seemed to care. Giving a small shrug she put her quill to the parchment and wrote out her submission.

Name: Zoey Ella Arnette
Camp Team: Icicle
Have you got any previous medical experience?: None
How about experience with herbs/potions?: Minor. My parents let me add ingredients to their potions sometimes.
What are you most interested in?: Injury Treatment | Apothecary/Potions
Any known allergies or illnesses? None

Folding it once in half she placed her sheet in the tray, turned on her heel and walked out.

Tags: