Don't forget to sign up for a cabin!

Author Topic: Poor excuse for food (Sofie-MarieBellastère)  (Read 474 times)

William Mihovil

(04/30/2013 at 22:14)
Late July 1938
Noon
Hot and muggy

William was counting down the days he could go back to Salem and eat edible food, and be back in the United States.  Sure he had met some nice people, he supposed, but he didn't like this camp in general.  It didn't even have working boats, an arts and crafts area, and he only got to participate in one sport all summer!  It was not at all like the camps he was used to back home.  Back home there were lots more sports to do, soccer, baseball, Quodpot, and sailing.  Taht and he missed his mother's fantastic handmade crabcakes!

They were to die for, and it pained William to not have been able to eat a single one all summer because this place's food made his stomach gurgle, and  none of it seemed fresh.  All the stuff back home had been fresh.  Seafood galore, and yummy things like hot dogs, hamburgers, and other goodies.

He sighed as he poked at his green tray of mushy orange things that were supposedly carrots, some sort of fried meat supposedly, and the runny potatoes.  This must be what all the bad guys in jail are forced to eat.  Guys that are sent to jail because of Superman.

Just a few more days, William said to himself as he took a spot at the end of a long table and called out to no one in particular "And they call this food? Ick! You'd think it would get better as summer progressed!"

Sofie-Marie Bellastère

(04/30/2013 at 23:13)
  • 5é Annee
  • C2D1T3S2
    • View Profile
Another student was also having a hard time with the camp's food. This student was Sofie-Marie Bellastère, one of the newer students to Beauxbatons Academy.
Practically all her life she had had french food. With the exquisite sauces made with only the best and the classic baguettes and croissants, she was definitely not enjoying the slush and muck the magical camp called 'food'.
Now, after suffering this... stuff... she was ready for it to be over.
"And they call this food? Ick! You'd think it would get better as summer progressed!"
Sofie jumped. She had not expected the boy beside her to talk when he had sat down. She turned to him ready to agree.
"You would, actually. In fact, I expected it to be better from the beginning! Period!" Sofie said in english, her french accent barely audible after living in britain every summer. "But then again, you haven't tasted french food so how would you know?"

William Mihovil

(05/01/2013 at 02:48)
"You aren't the only one.  Seriously, what is this stuff made out off?  It has the consistency of white school paste or plaster of paris."

William jabbed at his potatoes and he swore something black came bouncing out of it to say hi to William and the girl next to him who also apaprently agreed about the horrid quality of food at the camp.

"Yeah I haven't had French food, but  I don't know if I'd like it,"  William stammered.  "I hear it is awfully rich.  I'll stick with my mom's awesome crabcakes, seafood pasta, and her wonderful duck.  I miss that stuff. So, uh what is your name if you don';t mind me asking," William finished matter-of-factly as he jabbed at his food some more and forced it down his throat.

Sofie-Marie Bellastère

(05/01/2013 at 19:22)
  • 5é Annee
  • C2D1T3S2
    • View Profile
"Don't even try to eat it if your going to choke!" Sofie exclaimed horrified. "I'm Sofie-Marie Bellastère, new student at Beauxbatons, 5e année!" She then leaned over expectantly then leaned back. Although living in England for a while she was not used to anglophone greetings yet and she had to catch herself before she did anything.
"Who are you? I know you're an American, you have the accent, and you've never had french food. But if you speak of duck then I'm not quite sure..." Sofie said rather in a bubbly voice while turning completely to face him.

William Mihovil

(05/04/2013 at 00:35)
Well if there was one thing for sure, he apparently found himself near a rather gregarious girl, and at first her rambling was kind of annoying.  But he listen anyway because he didn't want to be rude, and when he did, he had to admit she at least was polite and had a bit of a sense of humor.

"You are right to assume that I am from America.  My name's William, and I'm going to be a third year or what we call Primary III this upcoming term."

He paused as he tried to swallow a bit of the grey mush whatever it was.  After all starving was NOT a good thing because he'd become weak, and superman wasn't weak.

"Nice to  meet you, Sofie.  Yeah I like duck.  My grandmother on my dad's side always made a fantastic duck a la orange, but I htink that is th eonly French food I've ever tried."

Tags: