Try your hand at duelling!

Author Topic: Spin me Round | Princess Sarah  (Read 2704 times)

* Vincenzo Nicolosi

(03/31/2013 at 20:34)
  • Charms Professor
  • C18D12T17S15
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner!
    • View Profile
Beginning of Camp
1:12 PM

Crouched over the edge of the cliff, Kristoffer eyes followed the colors as blue turned into white and back to blue as it pooled down in water below them.

He gave a glance back as he heard a sound, eyes flashing a red color before turning back to a bright blue as whoever had disturbed him turned to be a friend and not foe.

"Good to see you again, Darcy. Miss me?"

* Sarah Ann Darcy

(03/31/2013 at 20:43)
  • Resistance Member Personal Assistant
  • C13 D12 T12 S11
  • Superlative Winner - Most Ruthless
    • View Profile
She wasn't looking for him, really.

It was just that he'd said he'd be here and she hadn't seen him yet. She wouldn't admit it but she was rather excited to be spending time with Kristoffer again. He was different from British boys, in a good way. He had a different way of having fun and it was strange but enlightening all at the same time.

"Good to see you again, Darcy. Miss me?"

Bingo.

"You!" She tried to bury her pleasure in seeing him again and replace it with shock. "I thought I'd gotten rid of you."

* Vincenzo Nicolosi

(03/31/2013 at 20:57)
  • Charms Professor
  • C18D12T17S15
    • View Profile
He stood up giving a short laugh, "Like you'd get rid of me that easily." He had grown a bit since she had last seen him.

His hair was a bright teal as he motioned towards the water, "You have plenty of chances still." He smiled broadly at her, "But I think you're waiting for me to bore you."

* Sarah Ann Darcy

(03/31/2013 at 21:23)
  • C13 D12 T12 S11
    • View Profile
He was taller now, taller than he had been last time she'd seen him at Christmas and it was a surprise. So much so that she raised an eyebrow and inadvertently took a step backwards.

"You have plenty of chances still."

Kristoffer smiled and she returned it as she always seemed to do when she was around him.

"Don't tempt me, you're rather close to that cliff edge and I'm stronger than I look."

That was a lie, her upper body strength was rather pathetic, but he didn't have to know that.

"But I think you're waiting for me to bore you."

She walked towards him, her arms folded and a hint of the smile still on her lips. Stopping only when she was directly in front of him.

"How do you know you're not boring me already?" Sarah raised her arms, moving to place them on his shoulders. "Are you willing to risk it?"

A glint of mischief passed through her eyes as she awaited his reply eagerly.

* Vincenzo Nicolosi

(03/31/2013 at 21:27)
  • Charms Professor
  • C18D12T17S15
    • View Profile
"I'll bring you down with me." He gave her a devilish smirk as his hands moved to rest on her hips.

A challenge. That was all he needed.

* Sarah Ann Darcy

(03/31/2013 at 21:39)
  • C13 D12 T12 S11
    • View Profile
"I'll bring you down with me."

She narrowed her eyes as she felt his hands on her hips and she gripped tighter onto his shoulders.

"You wouldn't dare."

Not that she'd admit it but her heart was beating wildly in her chest and she wasn't sure whether daring him would be a good thing or not. The water at the bottom of the waterfall was deep and people dived all the time.

But still …

"In fact," she was going to regret this she knew, "I dare you."

* Vincenzo Nicolosi

(03/31/2013 at 21:44)
  • Charms Professor
  • C18D12T17S15
    • View Profile
His hand came up to brush her cheek as he leaned down close to her, "You really don't know me that well." Was the only warning she got. As his hands moved back to her waist as he grabbed her and ran towards the waterfall edge.

leaping off, he gave a loud yell of exhilaration as the force of gravity pulled them down towards the pool of water down below.

She had asked for it.

* Sarah Ann Darcy

(03/31/2013 at 22:00)
  • C13 D12 T12 S11
    • View Profile
And then suddenly she wasn't sure about any of this but it wasn't like she could take back her words now.

"You really don't know me that well."

She closed her eyes, feeling the warmness of his hand against her cheek and enjoying it a lot more than she probably should have done.

A warning voice sounded in the back of her mind and Sarah's eyes opened instantly.

Theo.

But it was too late, because daring people who were willing to do the dares was never a good thing, and she was now no longer in control of her actions, Kristoffer was.

"Kristoffer, I don't think this is such a good-"

And then he jumped and she was screaming and thrashing about in his arms until she hit the water below and it filled her mouth and she couldn't scream any more.

Her head broke the surface of the pool and she gulped at the air, spitting out the water that had taken its place. Regaining enough composure she shot a glare over at Kristoffer.

"What do you think you're playing at!" She all but screeched.

Then realising that water meant her clothes would be soggy and soggy meant see through and crossed her arms over her chest quickly.

"You're in big trouble …"

* Vincenzo Nicolosi

(03/31/2013 at 22:08)
  • Charms Professor
  • C18D12T17S15
    • View Profile
He gave a laugh at her glare.

At her screeching, just swimming idly in the pool as she tried to be angry at him. Tried to make him feel remorse for his actions. "You dared me, Darcy. Do you really think I'd back down?"

He gave her a smirk before diving under the water doing a flip before coming back up, and swimming until he could stand on the sandy bottom. "I never said I'd go easy on you Darcy." He would not be interesting if he did.

* Sarah Ann Darcy

(03/31/2013 at 22:13)
  • C13 D12 T12 S11
    • View Profile
"You dared me, Darcy. Do you really think I'd back down?"

He was swimming, swimming! As if jumping off a cliff was a completely normal thing to do.

"Maybe," She mumbled, a little miffed that her favourite dress was now soaked.

Her eyes followed as he did some strange underwater handstand flip, yet she remained unamused.

"Your tricks are far from amusing Kristoffer."

She paddled awkwardly over towards the shallower waters, making sure to refold her arms once she reached an area where she could stand up.

"I never said I'd go easy on you Darcy."

Her eyes narrowed again.

"And I never thought you'd actually jump!"

* Vincenzo Nicolosi

(03/31/2013 at 22:19)
  • Charms Professor
  • C18D12T17S15
    • View Profile
He crossed his arms over his chest, copying her stance for a moment before walking over to her, and leaning in close again. "What did you think I'd do?"

He gave her an impish smile, before chucking her under the chin and walking over towards the bank to remove his shirt and let it dry upon a branch. "As I said Darcy. You really don't know me that well."

* Sarah Ann Darcy

(03/31/2013 at 22:25)
  • C13 D12 T12 S11
    • View Profile
She watched as he crossed his arms, he was mimicking her, great.

"What did you think I'd do?"

Her mouth opened to reply, but nothing came out. What did she think he was going to do? Laugh it off, tell her he was joking? She didn't know, but she hadn't expected him to jump that was for sure.

Instead of replying Sarah 'humphed', attempting to bat his hand away as it brushed her chin.

"As I said Darcy. You really don't know me that well."

And then he was removing his shirt and that set her teenage hormones into motion, which was just fantastic and most definitely what she needed right now … With a sigh she stomped after him out of the water and onto the embankment, sitting down on the sandy soil crossed legs, her back towards him.

"Would you ever let me…," she began, picking at the forest debris, ".. get to know you well that is?"

* Vincenzo Nicolosi

(03/31/2013 at 22:31)
  • Charms Professor
  • C18D12T17S15
    • View Profile
Kristoffer turned to look at her. Blinking at her for a moment as his hair shifted to a white as she had caught him off guard with that question.

He gave a shrug, "Not sure..." He looked away from her his hair shifting again to a blonde as he wrung out his shirt. "I you'll have to wait and see."

* Sarah Ann Darcy

(03/31/2013 at 23:54)
  • C13 D12 T12 S11
    • View Profile
There was a silence. She'd caught him off guard, fantastic.

"Not sure..."

Sarah didn't turn around instead taking to rolling her eyes.

"I you'll have to wait and see."

She chose not to reply. Not because she didn't want to, but because she didn't know what she wanted to say.

First Week of Camp
Wednesday Evening

"Are these cliffs going to become like our special meeting place or something?"

Sarah threw down the pile of sticks she had collected and began arranging them into some sort of campfire before casting a quick bluebell flames charm on them.

"Well…  as long as you promise not to throw me off them again."

A quick smile was sent his way as she brought up the incident yet again. Sure, she'd forgiven him for it the same day but that didn't mean she couldn't talk about it ever again.

Reaching behind her she grabbed the bag of marshmallows, throwing them at Kristoffer in order for him to get a move on roasting them as she watched his actions from across the blue fire.

"Truth or dare."

* Vincenzo Nicolosi

(04/01/2013 at 00:11)
  • Charms Professor
  • C18D12T17S15
    • View Profile
He had set himself up against the trunk of a tree. A bag filled with snacks he had taken from the kitchen tossed by her as he relaxed himself back.

In his hand was a book which, was definitely not Pride and Prejudice. It was a Latin workbook. Always the best place to start if you want to learn languages was to go over the roots.

His eyes gazed up to look at her giving a smirk, "No promises, Darcy." She had asked for that little excursion though. Though he was unlikely to do the same stunt twice, just because he doubted Darcy would put herself in that situation again. At least not willingly.

"Truth or dare."

He gave a glance up at his book before looking back down at his book again, "What would make you happier?"

* Sarah Ann Darcy

(04/01/2013 at 00:18)
  • C13 D12 T12 S11
    • View Profile
He was reading, and if he was reading he was most certainly not roasting mashmallows.

"What would make you happier?"

And now he wasn't even playing the game properly.

"What would make me happy is if you would roast me a marshmallow."

She started as she crawled over towards him on bare knees, her lips pouting and her eyebrows in a light frown.

"And that's not how you play! Play it right."

Her voice held a whiney tone and she swore to herself she wouldn't quit until she won. Yes, even Sarah Ann Darcy was prone to stubbornness.

* Vincenzo Nicolosi

(04/01/2013 at 00:21)
  • Charms Professor
  • C18D12T17S15
    • View Profile
He gave a glance as she crawled over to him, pursing his lips before giving a laugh.

"Well, excuse me princess." He gave a flick of her nose as he closed his book and reached over for his bag, pulling out a bag of marshmallows which he tossed to her.

" You either want to know something about me, or you want me to do something embarrassing. Isn't that the game? I was just asking what you'd rather have me do." He stood up moving to look for some sticks so that they could roast the marshmallows properly.

* Sarah Ann Darcy

(04/01/2013 at 00:33)
  • C13 D12 T12 S11
    • View Profile
"Well, excuse me princess."

She sat up aghast, only being shocked out of her state by the bag of marshmallows hitting her squarely in the face.

"Don't flick me."

Sarah pulled at the packet, opening it and dipping her hand inside to pull out of a small pink marshmallow that she stuffed into her mouth.

Patience was overrated.

"Fine." There was a pause while she chewed and swallowed, "I'd like to know something about you."

She rolled over onto her stomach, crossing her legs in the air behind her.

"What was your first impression of me?"

* Vincenzo Nicolosi

(04/01/2013 at 01:16)
  • Charms Professor
  • C18D12T17S15
    • View Profile
He picked up a stick, giving it a few good swats before looking back at her and shrugging. "Annoying."

His first impression that he had gotten from her was that she would be annoying. She was invading his space, and he had wanted her gone.

"Pretty, but annoying." He walked back over to the bag of marshmallows, taking a handful and put two in his mouth before sitting down beside her and putting the rest on the stick. Setting it up against the fire he gave a shrug.

"I still find you pretty... Annoying sometimes. But mostly entertaining."

* Sarah Ann Darcy

(04/01/2013 at 01:34)
  • C13 D12 T12 S11
    • View Profile
"Annoying."

She found that amusing, but she didn't let it show. Instead she took an extreme interest in another marshmallow. It was amusing because that was exactly what she had thought about him all those months ago back in the boathouse. Bothering her, sitting in her place when all she wanted to do was relax.

"Pretty, but annoying."

Sarah had been called pretty enough times to no longer find it a compliment. 

"I still find you pretty... Annoying sometimes. But mostly entertaining."

Entertaining? No one had called her entertaining before so that was new and she thought she liked it a lot more than pretty. Definitely a lot more than annoying.

"You're entertaining too … a lot more so than the British boys."

She looked up to him from under her fringe which had fallen over half her face to give him a small smile. Reassurance, as if to say to him that that was a good thing.

Tags: