Don't forget to congratulate our Players of the Week!

Author Topic: Hufflepuff rox your sox  (Read 4641 times)

David Copper

(11/27/2011 at 07:26)
  • C2D1T3S2
    • View Profile
"I think there is no better time to write about one of the most vicious, brutal, and throat-crushingly hardcore mammals to ever punch a lion unconscious by swinging a couple King Cobras around like a pair of serpentine nunchucks – the African Honey Badger (also known as the Ratel)"

Google Honey Badger for more reasons the honey badger dominates. Because it does.

It even had a "heavily-armored Infantry Fighting Vehicle" named after it.

GO SNAKES BADGERS GO.

:P (No, I didn't mean to post with David ;) Whoops)
« Last Edit: 11/27/2011 at 09:56 by David Copper »

Ebony Razaih

(11/27/2011 at 13:25)
  • 5th Year
  • C6D4T5S4
    • View Profile
Huffle - Puffs ?

Sounds like puff the magic dragon or some serious deplorable cold.

8)
« Last Edit: 11/27/2011 at 13:28 by Ebony Razaih »

Beckah Vartan

(11/27/2011 at 13:30)
  • 7th Year
  • C11D5T6S7
    • View Profile
Dunno, the badger looks pretty scared in this photo. And of course - we lookin brave ;)

* Hero Savage

(11/27/2011 at 13:32)
  • Junior Healer - Spell Damage
  • C14D7T9S7
    • View Profile
Beckah, not scared, just the "I'm protecting my territory even though I'm probs gonna die" face.

David Copper

(11/27/2011 at 18:35)
  • C2D1T3S2
    • View Profile
"That's right, folks, this thing has been documented as killing male lions"

"That's just how Ratel operates.  He's been listed in the Guinness Book of World Records as "The World's Most Fearless Creature" every year since 2002, with no end in sight.  A relative of the Wolverine, the Honey Badger has no natural predators. This is kind of impressive, since three-foot-long creatures generally don't last long in environments featuring leopards, lions, cheetahs, black mamba snakes, and other savannah beasts, but there you have it.  It helps that this thing doesn't screw around when it gets pissed off – the Sir Didimus of wildlife is known to go after anything, anytime, anywhere, and has been known to attack buffalo, humans, wildebeest, jackals, monitor lizards, wild boars, and even lions and cheetahs.  If the creature is too huge for the Badger to straight-up eviscerate with its inch-and-a-half long claws or its razor-sharp teeth, the Ratel still knows how to go for the weak spot"

Explains why this lion is a little hesitant to face off with a pissed-off Ratel.
nobody seems to care
the feeling isn't there
like it was all a bad dream
now we're looking everywhere

David Copper

(11/27/2011 at 18:44)
  • C2D1T3S2
    • View Profile
"In the span of about three minutes this ferocious furry psycho climbs up into a tree to battle a six-foot cobra thirteen feet above the ground, somehow catches and eats a bird, chases off a leopard, and digs some sweet holes, but by far the most incredible aspect of the clip is when the Honey Badger takes on a super-deadly African Puff Adder.  Now, the Puff Adder is one of the most murder-tastic snakes on the entire continent.  One of these vipers possesses enough venom to kill 4 or 5 men, and they are so violent, toxic, and aggressive that they routinely account for more human fatalities than any other African snake.  But the Honey Badger doesn't care- he comes across a puff adder that is eating a rat, and his first instinct is to run up, grab the rat out of the snake's mouth, carry it a few feet away, and then eat the rat right in front of the snake just to show the adder who's boss. After eating the stolen meal, the Badger than decides, "Screw it, now I'm going to eat this snake too." The adder and the Ratel fight, and the Honey Badger kills the viper, but not before being bitten in the face and pumped full of enough venom to kill a creature three times its size. The Badger succumbs to the poison, falls unconscious, but then – amazingly – somehow comes back to life and continues devouring the already-half-eaten snake. Are you kidding me?"

(This is a recount of a video of the honey badger in action)

* Hero Savage

(11/27/2011 at 23:06)
  • C14D7T9S7
    • View Profile
Naw, David, your loyalty is so touching. Come join us.
*steals*

David Copper

(11/27/2011 at 23:32)
  • C2D1T3S2
    • View Profile
*gets stolen*

Clearly David has always been a secret Hufflepuff. What with his friendly, do-gooder attitude and all.
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.

Beckah Vartan

(11/28/2011 at 05:38)
  • 7th Year
  • C11D5T6S7
    • View Profile
Totally not impressed by your knowledge or perseverance on this.
Not impressed at all.
 8)

Calla Douglass

(11/28/2011 at 09:24)
  • Adult
  • C14D11T27S12
  • Donor
    • View Profile
HUFFLEPUFFFF!!!

*polishes Quidditch Cup*
That's all the proof I need of Badger greatness.  >:)

BADGERS TAKE WHAT THEY WANT!

That is all. Good day.  ;D ;D
I can only give you everything I've got.

Erynn Nicole Sincade

(11/28/2011 at 09:28)
  • British & Irish Quidditch League Officer
  • C10D8T17S8
    • View Profile
Thank you Gryffie's for your opinions but, I think we made our point on the pitch last term.

and thank you for bumping our thread ;D

it’s a new dawn, it’s a new day

IT’S A NEW LIFE FOR ME

* Hero Savage

(11/28/2011 at 09:47)
  • C14D7T9S7
    • View Profile

Alexander Kolmer

(11/28/2011 at 16:14)
  • Potions Professor
  • C19D10T7S20
    • View Profile
Personally, all I see in that picture is the lion's complete lack of common sense in tangling with the infamous honey badger.  That lion is so dead.   If you don't believe me, just look at the photographic evidence.

Chantal Marie Renard

(11/28/2011 at 16:29)
  • Wizengamot Member French Professor
  • C20D15T20S17
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
Let's not go there with dead animals, Kolmer.  :P
"To Sherlock Holmes she is always the woman. I have seldom heard him mention her under any other name." - Arthur Conan Doyle (A Scandal In Bohemia)

Nora Lowsley

(11/28/2011 at 22:10)
  • History of Magic Professor
  • C15D5T10S5
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
*Puffle?*

Erynn Nicole Sincade

(11/28/2011 at 22:13)
  • British & Irish Quidditch League Officer
  • C10D8T17S8
    • View Profile
*Noms on the lion leg bone*

Delish!

it’s a new dawn, it’s a new day

IT’S A NEW LIFE FOR ME

David Copper

(11/28/2011 at 22:15)
  • C2D1T3S2
    • View Profile
The Honey Badger is the Chuck Norris of the Animal Kingdom.
Confront them with annihilation, and they will then survive; plunge them into a deadly situation, and they will then live. When people fall into danger, they are then able to strive for victory.

Alexander Kolmer

(11/28/2011 at 22:47)
  • Potions Professor
  • C19D10T7S20
    • View Profile
He is indeed.

Bo Madigan

(11/29/2011 at 00:47)
  • 33rd Infantry - Private
  • C7T10D6S9
    • View Profile
Chuck Norris is the honey badger of human kind.

* Hero Savage

(11/29/2011 at 01:42)
  • C14D7T9S7
    • View Profile
Chuck Norris Fact 1:
When the Boogeyman goes to sleep every night, he checks his closet for Chuck Norris.

Tags: