Check out our Summer Workshops!

Author Topic: Little Secrets, Big Secrets (Hawke)  (Read 502 times)

Kaminari Hawke

(12/26/2011 at 02:39)
  • Slytherin '73
  • C7D6T8S6
  • Donor
    • View Profile
After walking from the book store and buying the vampire book, Kami felt her stomach make a funny sound which meant that she was hungry. After getting back from Cali Kami had begun to miss muggle food and she had heard that there was a place in this area that served burgers. So she walked around spotting the place immediately and walked in. Kami ordered a cheeseburger and some fries hoping that it tasted the same that it did in Cali, at least she could smell the meat grilled. The one place in Cali that she used to go to was out near the beach and the place was always packed. The first time she went there Kami was when she had met Roger and she was only 14, her friends had egged her on that day to meet the 17 year old and she did. In her head right now it had been her biggest mistake, but right now as the girl brought her burger was not the time to think or remember such moments in her life. She had been through a lot but thanks to Lucas she was getting past most of her past problems.

“Thank you” she said to the girl as she took out her book from the bag. The vampire book had been awfully cheap and she had not thought about it twice. Kami had been into this vampire rant after her friend had told her about a dream she had about her. She began to eat her food and read at the same time as people came in and out of the restaurant, after she was done with her food Kami had asked the waitress if she could stay to read silently in a little corner and the girl agreed she could. The seclusion from Lucas was simply because Kami hadn’t told him about the obsession she had now, because maybe he wouldn’t understand. Not only that but he probably say she was insane for even thinking of the subject or as much she thought. Yes she loved him but sometimes Kami knew that she was weird enough or sometimes she just liked to have her own little secrets. ‘Yeah Kami like he tells you everything’ she thought as quick as guilt went through her head.

Kami continued to read her book as the waitress came to give her something else to drink (Would you like some desert maybe) Kami looked up from the book and shook her head “No thank you” she said and smiled at her. She continued to read her book but kept her eye out for the people coming in and out the stuff she was reading in the book was beginning to creep her out at times. Kami could see herself getting goose bumps just by reading passages that were becoming more and more interesting but at least she was in a public place and it was day light. She continued to read minding her own business as people came in and out as others argued or laughed it was not the most relaxing place but for now it was good.
Friend to Kami while introducing Hawke:
(OH My gawd is this wow! Kami what a change from skimpy to hawt damn)

Vaughn Hawke

(12/26/2011 at 03:46)
  • Slytherin '73
  • C8D7T6S7
    • View Profile
Hawke looked around the small village disgusted. He still could not believe that he was here, that he was being sent to Hogwarts of all places for his last year. They had also decided to send him to the school's summer camp just so he could meet his 'new friends'. As if, hogwarts was a fluffy no Dark Magic kind of school, he doubted there was anyone who would be tough enough to handle life at Durmstrang.

He hadnt shown up at the camp yet, using some of his allowance to stay at the hotel instead. The very idea of sharing a cabin with other boys, strangers was irksome. After breakfast and exploring the village and surroundigns for a while He decided that some milkshake or something would be good, so he went in search for some interesting food. The receptionist at the hotel had told him of a place that sold american food and upon finding it he decided that was as good a choice as any.

The place was packed and there were no tables, so he just stood there for a little while, wondering where he would sit. Then one of the waitresses stopped in front of him smiling. (Im sorry sir, its the rush hour, but if you dont mind sharing that lady over there is just reading...) He nodded and ordered an icecream soda and a burger, and theen walked toward the table he had been indicated.

"Excuse me? The place is packed. Since you are alone and I am alone would you mind sharing?" He said smiling, unable to stop himself from noticing that she was quite pretty. "That book is really good by the way... though some of the passages can be quite terrifying."
« Last Edit: 12/26/2011 at 03:56 by Vaughn Hawke »

Kaminari Hawke

(12/26/2011 at 08:08)
  • Slytherin '73
  • C7D6T8S6
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Kami had been reading a very intense part in the book when a voice startled her, she quickly closed the book pinching her finger “OW!” she said slipping her finger out of the book and hiding the throbbing thing under her leg. She looked at the person thinking it was Lucas, ‘just great now you have to explain to him what you are doing with a vampire book’ she thought unable to speak or even look at the guy with the sexy voice she nodded and moved the book away from where he was going to sit. “Sure” she said feeling her finger throbbing. But now here was this guy sitting with her and she was feeling rather awkward “yeah the place seems to always be this packed” she said looking at her finger as she strayed her eyes under the table. Kami could not believe how much bad luck she had, Kami wanted to yell her finger was throbbing and her nail was bleeding. A tear rolled down her eye and she quickly cleaned it up. Her anemia would kick in unexpected like that and made her bleed for no reason sometimes.  She used her other hand to grab a napkin so he wouldn’t be grossed out, she cleaned it off and let it sit on her skirt.

Kami looked at him again and smile “Sorry I didn’t mean to be rude what happened I thought it might gross you out” she said putting the book away as he spoke about it. “It is really good I…” she looked to the door and thought she saw Lucas walk in but it wasn’t. Kami sighed in relief and looked at him again, her nerves were killing her and she began to show signs of it by biting her lower lip “I just bought it” Kami said finishing her drink. “Are you new here I haven’t seen you around?” Kami said smiling at him again as he ate “Sorry I tend to talk a little when I am nervous” she said looking towards the door again. If Lucas was to walk in Kami would have some explaining to do again and this was nothing she could’ve avoided but she knew with the way Lucas had been acting with her things would not be seen any other way.

“So you have read this book before?” She said suddenly thinking that she had not giving him her name. The waitress came to bring her another drink “thank you” she said to the girl “My name is Kaminari Chang, friends call me Kami” she said smiling at him forgetting about the darn finger that was still throbbing on her skirt. The guy was very handsome and for once Kami was not afraid of anything not even of Lucas walking in and seeing her here with this darn cute guy talking about vampires. Kami thought that it would be interesting to talk to someone who thought or at least had some sort of idea about this subject and who knew maybe about dark arts as well. Not that she wanted to deal with it but it was a curiosity that she had and was wondering if she wasn’t the only. ‘Yeah this cute guy probably thinks you are crazy because you are reading at a diner alone’ she thought taking a zip of her drink.
I'd Rather Be Vindictive Than Smart

Vaughn Hawke

(12/27/2011 at 05:01)
  • Slytherin '73
  • C8D7T6S7
    • View Profile
Hawke took a seat, smiling at the very pretty girl now sitting across from him. Asian descent, he liked the mix. The big big almond shaped eyes with  and juicy lips. "Thank you." He smiled at her, and smiled at the waitress who had just brought his order of fries. He pushed the plate towards her and noticed her trying to take care of her finger without letting him know. "That book is very thick, are you ok?" Unthinkingly he reached and took the injured hand and wrapped it better, in her hurry she had done a poor job of it. He conjured a cloth, not the best one as conjuring wasn’t his best skill and wrapped the makeshift bandage on her finger before letting her hand go. "There you are... all better." he winked at her. "I think the worse book injuries are paper cuts you know? How come a little cut like that can sting so much?" He flashed a smile at her, and took a fry. "I’m Vaughn Hawke, though everyone calls me Hawke".

When she apologized he thought her nervousness was adorable. "Well I don’t have a problem with blood, I want to know all about vampires anyway... back in my school I did everything I could to find and read all I could about them." he said winking at her. "We can’t like Vampires and be squeamish about blood can we?" He said seriously though his eyes danced. He saw that she was a bit jumpy and he wondered why. Was she hiding from someone? Did she sneak out? Wait! Were they not allowed to leave camp?

When she began to babble he smiled and tilting his head to the side let her talk as he took a bite of his sandwich. It was good, though not the kind of food he was used to. Then again he liked trying new things so the burger was just right. "Speaking is good, and no you probably haven’t seen me around, I am supposed to be at the camp but I sort of escaped and stayed at the hotel." He winked at her and then took another bite of his burger before saying:

"I don’t know... the very idea of sharing a cabin with four other people I never met just... "He mock shuddered; it was just not right in his mind. Deciding he was curious enough to ask he just did "So miss Chang... who are you hiding from?" All that showed in his eyes was open friendliness and curiosity.

(PP authorized by the beautiful Miss Chang)
« Last Edit: 12/27/2011 at 05:09 by Vaughn Hawke »

Kaminari Hawke

(12/27/2011 at 07:14)
  • Slytherin '73
  • C7D6T8S6
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Yes the book had slammed on her finger way to hard but Kami was never expecting this guy, this cute, mouth watering guy to grab her hand.  When he took her hang Kami bit down her lower lip ‘Oh dammit, no if Lucas walks in I am done or this guy is toast’ she thought as he wrapped her finger better than what she had done with it. “Thank you I sort of closed the book on it” she said taking her hand back away from his. Her nerves were kicking in high gear not because he was sitting there but because of what would Lucas say or think if he had seen what this guy was doing. ‘Don’t flirt Kami do not even go there with this guy just relax’ she thought as he spoke about paper cuts. “I don’t know but you are right they do hurt a lot no idea why” she said smiling at him. Kami knew this was petty talk this guy was way too cute to be freaking single so she would relax and simply enjoy the conversation.

“Nice to meet you Hawke, your name is unique never heard it before at least not here or in California” Kami said taking another sip of her drink. “I am from California but got transferred here last term” she said as he said he had no issues with blood “I just thought it to be rude because you are eating” she said opening her eyes in pure surprise ‘he likes vampires wow!’ she thought looking out the window and then at him “really you like learning about them, why?” Kami asked curious because it had been since her friend told her about her dream and Kami. “I have been reading about them since...” she stopped and bit her lower lip “since my friend said she had a dream I was one and her dreams usually come true” Kami was now feeling rather stupid she had said that. ‘This guy is going to get up and think I am insane…true but darn’ she thought looking down in her cup.

“Yeah I tend to talk a little too much when I am nervous and right now I am a bit nervous” she said blushing. The waitress came back and asked if she wanted the dessert this time since she was sticking around.  “Sure I will have a piece of the pie” Kami also ordered another drink ‘are you seriously not leaving this place Kami this spells freaking trouble’ Kami looked at him “Yeah I have been staying with some girls there I don’t even know well not entirely one is my friend Ree but the rest no idea…gratefully for me I just got back from Cali so I did not spend all the time in there and this is why I am in here avoiding them so I can read” It was the truth no lie in what she had just said but being here extending her stay at the diner was less than the truth because right now she was not reading the book, Kami was simply making conversation and that was not a good thing. “Lucky you are staying there I asked my parents but they said no…but they had their reasons” she left it at that but the truth was they didn’t trust her or Lucas.

Kami laughed at his comment about sharing a room with other guys and she understood lately there had been a string of weird things happening around the school and summer but she kept her opinions to herself “I understand especially if you have no idea who the guys are and you don’t know anyone…but can I suggest something? Sometimes is good to meet others I rarely know people here” Kami had nearly devoted her entire time to Lucas. Kami tried hard to not flirt with him but he was so cute and good looking it was inevitable “So are you here alone? I mean what year are you going for here in Hogwarts I am sorry I don’t meant o pry in your business.” She said looking towards the door when it opened.

And there it was the question she should have avoided before it even came to his attention that she was trying to keep a look out for Lucas. Could she tell him about Lucas or would she scare him away if she told him about her boyfriend. “I a…” she thought about it and decided that if the guy was really interested he wouldn’t get scared. “Well I am trying to avoid any problems with my boyfriend so I have to make sure if he walks in that I get up and go to him instead of him coming to me” she said feeling dumb that she had told him this. ‘Nice flirting Kami that was awesome’ Kami thought sighing.

You: OMG did you just fall.?
Me: No the ground just came up and smacked me in my face.!

Vaughn Hawke

(12/28/2011 at 22:36)
  • Slytherin '73
  • C8D7T6S7
    • View Profile
Hawke couldn’t take his eyes of her, of her big beautiful eyes. He could see she was nervous, shifting quite a bit and he couldn’t help but wonder why. Still some people were just shy. “California huh? I hear it’s nice there… never been, though I have travelled quite a bit. I’m from Romania. I got transferred from durmstrang” he said, and felt the twinge of sadness at the fact that he would not be going back there.

When she said she hadn’t wanted to be rude he smiled. “No problem Miss, accidents will happen, I think as long as it’s not full blown gore I am ok.“ he smiled taking a huge bite out of his hamburger. He usually ate a lot more, maybe two or three hamburgers but he didn’t want to shock this beautiful girl who sat next to him. He could see the fascination in her eyes when he mentioned his interest and smiled. “I don’t know, I just find them fascinating.” He smiled, “there is just so much power there. And the whole process and their history. It’s really interesting.” He murmured then took another bite of his burger.  Her reason for being interested was a bit worrying. “Oh I don’t know if I would want to become one of them, but I am certainly curious. What I don’t like about them is the lack of control, all history says they are almost like piranhas when it comes to blood, don’t get me wrong I am not grossed out by it and all, but I hate losing control, so something like that is just a bit… unnerving.” He winked at her, it was more than that, he didn’t want to lose control because he wanted control. It was something he didn’t give up on easily.

Saying she babbled when nervous while babbling, he smiled again. “Well at least your nervous reaction is charming, Miss Chang. Some people stutter or get aggressive, I hate those.” He said trying to get her at ease. He wondered why she felt so threatened by his presence.  When the waitress arrived he had finished his burger and decided to try the pie too. “I’ll have one too, and put it all on my bill please.” He said, he was a gentleman with all but his sister, she had given up her peace and space so he could eat, the last he could do was offer her dessert.
“Well, my parents don’t know I didn’t get to camp. I’m not sure I want to meet the people there just yet, I’m sorry but I hear Hogwarts takes a somewhat fluffy attitude to certain things, and I am still getting used to the whole changing school on my last year thing. “ He said, a shadow darkening his eyes for a moment. He was not happy, but till he finished school there was not much he could do about it. “At least I know someone at the school now huh? I am truly pleased that the diner was so crowded, I got to meet you.” He flashed his most winning smile, she was absolutely gorgeous and he did like the idea of knowing someone, especially someone as beautiful as her and that had some of the same interests.

His smile only grew when she asked a question that was obviously blurted out. “Yes I am alone, my adopted sister goes to beuxbatons and my parents travel every summer. Since I don’t have a girlfriend I am here,” he smiled again. “It’s my last year at school and from what I hear hopefully I will be in the house called… slith… slet..slytherin.” he smiled again. “Isn’t that the least fluffy of all?” He had no idea how this house thing worked, things were a lot different back at Durmstrang. “And I don’t mind you asking Miss. What about you?”

A boyfriend? Hiding from a boyfriend? “Well, he can always ask what happened before assuming there is something wrong, don’t you think? After all I have been the perfect gentleman have I not Miss Chang?” he smiled again, picking up on the fact that she was flirting. “It sounds like there are problems however… I may not know you well, but if you need someone to talk to, I will be more than happy to hear.” He winked. “And if you do want” blatant flirting now. “We can make it look like ‘something’ for him.”

Kaminari Hawke

(12/29/2011 at 02:29)
  • Slytherin '73
  • C7D6T8S6
  • Donor
    • View Profile
Kami smiled at his comment about becoming a vampire and shook her head “I never said I wanted to become one, I said she had a dream I did” she said looking towards the door again as one of her friends came in or rather housemate. The girl nodded at her and she smiled back at her ‘oh crap!’ she thought knowing that Lucas will now know where she was. The girl kept eyeing her and Hawke and if she was not nervous enough now she was worse. Kami instead of panicking decided to pay attention to what he was saying about the vampires. “Yes I was reading that when you sat down, but yes I understand how that would be disturbing especially when you have no control of the urges to feed” she said feeling all bookish now. Still Kami looked at the girl who was eating sitting down looking at her “Dammit” she whispered to herself. ‘Do something quick Kami before the girl goes’ she thought when he complimented her on the nerves situation. “Thanks” she said biting her lower lip again and looking towards the girl.

‘good she still sitting there eating’ she thought when he mentioned to the waitress that it was on his tab her own pie. “No you don’t have to do that really” she said looking at the waitress “I could get in real trouble please” Kami got even more nervous with the girl looking at the interaction of the entire scene. ‘Drat no this isn’t happening to me. She sighed when the waitress walked away “I will pay you with my money” she said looking in her bag feeling so inappropriate right now. But she stopped looking for the money as he began talking about his parents not knowing he was staying at the hotel.

She shook her head and laughed when he said fluffy “Oh dear that I had never heard of before but interesting concept” Kami was now laughing but her smile dissipated when the girl got up and nodded at her again ‘oh I have to go before Lucas comes in’ she thought but the thought got swept away with his next statement “Yeah I guess now you do, we are not all fluffy oh gawd I hope I am not” she said making a face of disgust. Because the moment she heard fluffy it reminded her of Maurus the guy she had slapped across the face for a stolen kiss. “Well then I guess I am glad I met you too” she said taking a bite of the pie the waitress had brought over.

Kami figured in a few minutes she would get up and walk out and if Lucas came in no wrong had been done. Unless of course this guy decided to talk to her way after she had gotten up. When he said he was alone and spoke about his family Kami noticed his face ‘interesting  less of a conversational situation I see’ she thought not wanting to bring up the subject again. Kami beamed at him with her huge eyes “Slytherin really you think? Yes we are not fluffy at all we are actually the best and most important house at Hogwarts” Kami said with pride in her eyes. Who would have thought a year ago that she would be talking this way about her house? No one Kami was so homesick it took everything in Lucas to get her to like this place just a bit. “I am in Slytherin too and this is my last year” she said followed by the mention of Lucas.

Yeah Kami thought Hawke was right in that Lucas could always ask but after the events at the lake Lucas wouldn’t believe anyone especially a fine looking guy like Hawke. “He could but…” she stopped and looked at the door then at her watch “But he is Slytherin too and he also went to Durmstrang too” Kami wondered how this would come down on this poor guy that Kami was dating one of his fellow mates. “You probably know him…his name is Lucas Cavery” the name slipped right out of her mouth as she looked at the door and the watch again. Kami’s nerves were so unsettling that she felt bad, she wanted to stay and chat some more this guy really enjoyed vampires as much as she did “You have been prefect…I mean” she sighed and rolled her eyes at herself ‘oh dear stop it Kami please this is what got you in trouble at the lake’ she thought looking down at her lap as her hand rubbed on it.

Kami looked up her lips now trembling a bit as he mentioned problems. Her eyes drifted back to her lap and out the window once more “No! no problems just a very jealous and little possessive boyfriend” she said smiling at him. It was the truth Lucas had always been like that even the dress at the ball had been an issue for her to get. Although he didn’t care much for the bikini’s but everything else he had problems with, especially after Justin’s issue. When he mentioned making it something Kami sat back and looked at her watch “I really should leave already someone of our house saw me and sure he already knows I am here with you, I just want to avoid an argument with him” she said grabbing her book and purse. “It was nice meeting you Hawke, hope to see you around school and thanks for the finger, the pie, the conversation it was interesting and for the offering of the ear” the latter she said as she got up ready to leave…..

(Lucas gave permission for the he is jealous and possesive part)
Cancel my subscription because I don’t need your issues.

Vaughn Hawke

(12/29/2011 at 06:36)
  • Slytherin '73
  • C8D7T6S7
    • View Profile
Hawke nodded smiling, not becoming a vampire was not exactly an interest, but at times he wondered if he would accept some lack of control for such power as they seemed to have. "Ah, but if your friend's predictions come true, then it is a given already." he winked at her, again blatantly flirting. "I must say, you would make one beautiful vampire. Might even convince me that eternal life is worth it." He smiled his most winning smile again, wishing she wasn’t so jumpy. Even if this boyfriend showed up, all they were doing was sharing a table. He wasn’t even holding her hand anymore.

He ignored Kami's objections motioning the girl to add the pie and her account to his. "Miss Chang, I have intruded on your alone time, stopped you from reading your book, startled you getting you hurt, and annoyed you with my boring sob story, the least  I can do is take care of the check. Please let me be a gentleman." He said, emphatically shaking his head, no, he would not have it any other way. When she complained about getting in trouble, he frowned. "What manner of boyfriend won’t allow you to accept a kindness from a fellow student? It worries me that he has you so scared." he said a frown marring his handsome face. "It was not so long ago that a lady would not even consider such things as money. Please allow me this?" he said, but his actions left it clear it was not a request, it was already decided.

"Interesting concept hm? What would you call no to the dark arts?" he asked about her reply to his comment? "I am a true believer on the 'fear of a name (or information, or reading) only increases the power of that thing. It is our lack of knowledge on the dark arts that makes us weak to attacks by it." that was why he thought it was a 'fluffy' attitude. "You? Fluffy? No, definitely not... you have a..." he tilted his head looking her intently. "You have a martial way about you. Do you fight?" He wouldn’t know how to explain it, but he could spot a fellow martial artist when he saw one. And Kaminari, she had the martial artist air about her.

He winced at the idea of ending up on one of the other houses. "I truly hope so; I cannot imagine myself in one of the others. Especially that fluffyfluff house, it chills me to the bones to think it." He said, unable to suppress a shudder. "And if slytherin is the best that is the one I hope they assign me to." He nodded. When she mentioned her boyfriend he frowned. The name was familiar, but he was not sure. "Durmstrang has over a 1000 students, if he is in the same year we probably had some class or other together. I am not sure."

He smiled and suppressed a chuckle at her slip of the tongue, and when she got up, his face fell. "Do you really have to? I am enjoying our conversation. Then she mentioned the reason for her hurry. "I have a better suggestion." he said getting up too. "I have a big collection of Vampire books that I have brought with me. Would you like to have a look at it? It is also a secluded enough place that no one will bother you while you read." He smiled again winking at her. "We could talk some more then..." He hoped that this fear she had of her boyfriend didn’t stop her, he had been enjoying the company, and he was fascinated and wanted to know more about her. He paid for their meal and very unobtrusively while talking guided Kami towards the door, not forcing but carefully directing her in the direction he wanted her to go. "No one will bother you there, and you can enjoy your book calmly." He smiled at her again "Unless you want to be bothered of course..." he winked at her.

((TO BE CONTINUED... at the hotel :P ))
(( Mild pp authorised by Kaminari)
« Last Edit: 12/29/2011 at 06:47 by Vaughn Hawke »

Tags: