Don't forget to sign up for a cabin!

Author Topic: Incy Wincy Spider [Z]  (Read 601 times)

* Sarah Ann Darcy

(11/29/2012 at 19:47)
  • Resistance Member Personal Assistant
  • C13 D12 T12 S11
  • Superlative Winner - Most Ruthless
    • View Profile
JULY 15
evening
- - -

The cabin beds were uncomfortable. They were lumpy, and hard and nothing like the bed back at home. However, her parents were at home as were her siblings and she didn't exactly feel like leaving camp for her home just for the sake of a warm, comfy bed.

Whether she had a silk bedspread and drapes or not.

The warm summer sun had long since dimmed in the sky and Sarah had her duvet pulled up around her neck in order to keep the evening chill away. She may have been used to a nip in the air having stayed in the dungeons for two years and her own draughty manor, but she did like to be warm while she slept.

Her legs were pulled up into her stomach as she squeezed her eyes shut, her mind willing herself to fall asleep. No such luck came and Sarah sighed, agitated, stretching her legs out again.

Cold toes brushed against something furry and warm and they paused on their journey. It was odd, very odd. Books left astray in her bed wasn't exactly something uncommon, but books being both furry and warm certainly was.

Her breath became shallow as her survival instincts kicked it. Fight or flight? Fight or flight? Fight or flight? Sarah chuckled to herself quietly. Of course she wasn't going to run, running was for Hufflepuffs.

She lifted up the duvet and peered underneath, darkness consumed her so that all she could see was vast nothingness. With a sigh she grasped blindly at her wand from under her pillow and held it up, flicking it gently and mumbling a quick "Lumos."

Beside her, just next to her leg sat a large black tarantula.

Eyes blinking and heart beating over time, time stood still for a moment.

And then she screamed.
« Last Edit: 12/06/2012 at 09:16 by Sarah Ann Darcy »

* Zahara Lacroix

(11/29/2012 at 21:58)
  • 2de Annee
  • C2D4T3S2
    • View Profile
The crepuscular light indicated that it was almost nightfall and the view from the mountains allowed the stars to appear more visibly, some had chosen to watch them as they drift to sleep. Zahara preferred the dark when she slept, the light was for the day but Zahara had long since been up, patting around softly on her bed and in her drawers. Everything was hushed, she could not risk waking the others and causing a chaos. Although, she was sure that with the group of girls she had to share a cabin with, they were all pretty capable of their own chaos as it was.

She was not sure how any of them could sleep while the goats were making such funny noises anyway.

The sheets crinkled under her fingers as she searched, her hands ran along the bedpost and up the side of the wall she was closest to. Wherever she padded, she could not find him. Webster had escaped and it saddened her to think that this pet was the fastest to go. But she had to admit, Slytherin did not seem too pleased to greet him either.

"Psst, Webster. Where are youuu?" Her voice was barely audible, but an inaudible whisper in a silent dorm proved to be much louder than she had meant it for. There was a ruffle, and movement that sounded promising – but not so much for them and Z crawled to the end of her bed, ducking low and peering over the foot of her bed. Dark curls fell over her face and the room was still dark, apart from one tiny glare at a wand tip.

Then, all of a sudden, a scream pierced through the silence and she fell responsible. Immediately, she jumped off her bed and stood hovering over the end of the other girls, alarmed and wary, her dark eyes searching for Webster.

"Don't screech like that, you'll wake the others!" Zahara's voice was a half whispered warning and then she moved forward, a little closer. "Where is he?" She panicked, drawing her own wand out and shining the light over her bed. "Where is Webster-" The light of Z's wand tip swivelled to point in the face of Sarah. "-don't hurt him." She hissed with warning before feeling around in a frenzy and she'd thought she had seen something in the corner of her eye crawling up alongside the girls leg. But she couldn't be sure.
« Last Edit: 11/29/2012 at 22:00 by Zahara Jeaudeu »

* Sarah Ann Darcy

(11/30/2012 at 07:02)
  • C13 D12 T12 S11
    • View Profile
"Don't screech like that, you'll wake the others!"

Although she would have much preferred to continue screaming just to simply show the girl she was not about to do what she wanted her to do, she didn't. There were a few girls in the cabin and she didn't want them to know about what had just happened. If only this random Frenchie had heard her, she could easily deny it.

Darkened eyes skimmed each bed and bunkbed in turn and each contained a sleeping form, undisturbed by her previous screaming.

Taking a deep breath, Sarah's hand darted for the spider, grabbing it by a leg. Her eyes narrowed into slits as her face edged towards the older girl.

"What is this doing in my bed hm?"

Her voice was slow and questioning, because really who on earth would allow their animal to parade all over her bed. She had made it very clear on the first day that accidents like these would not be tolerated.

"Where is Webster-"

Web- what? Sarah frowned before looking down at the large struggling form between her delicate fingertips. They applied pressure about his leg to make sure he definitely couldn't escape.

"-don't hurt him."

The girls voice had almost been threatening and no one ever threatened Sarah Ann Darcy.

Her lips pursed with irritation.

"Don't hurt him you say?" Her wand was held tightly in her hand bringing it up to touch the spider's body gently and it squirmed. "What's the… killing curse again?" Her face lit up with malicious glee, "Oh! I remember…" She twiddled the wand in her fingers before flicking it down towards the spider again.

"Avada K-"

She wasn't going to do it, that would be preposterous. She didn't know how to use that kind of magic, not to mention it was illegal. She may have been rebellious but she wasn't a criminal. Her eyes flicked from the spider to the girl in order to determine her reaction.

Lowering her wand, she burst into a quiet laugh.

"You didn't think I'd actually do it, did you? You must be even more stupid than I had first thought."

* Zahara Lacroix

(12/02/2012 at 08:58)
  • 2de Annee
  • C2D4T3S2
    • View Profile
There were people she despised, and there were people that she could just barely cope with their existence but she found a way. Then there was the newest one, the unaccustomed one where Z actually liked someone like a friend and she supposed it was because they started out with pen on paper and there were no judgmental first impressions.

Then there was this. It was a whole new category for someone younger and obviously less mature than her to pick on her pets.

"What is this doing in my bed hm?"

Dark eyes become quickly infuriated as she sought out Webster between the girls- whatever her name was-fingertips. What was more, she could hardly believe that the first person to actually want to touch him and did would be the princess by first impression that snooted about in their cabin. Then her wand threatened the spider, prodding its body and Zahara winced and shortly became still as a statue.

"What's the… killing curse again?"

"You wouldn't dare it upon yourself." Pressed firmly together were her lips, drawing into a fine line and Zahara was ready to lunge but not yet ready to risk her own life for Webster, in which she found so alike Norman that she could not believe that he too would be taken from her.

"Avada K-"

And she thought the French were crazy. Brimmed with tears that Zahara did not even realize had sprung, because she panicked, it was the first time she had been tested back. She dealt it out, she could take it, but she could not take worse than the offer itself. But the curse was not finished, the rest was left unspoken.

Then the princessy-prat laughed.

"You didn't think I'd actually do it, did you? You must be even more stupid than I had first thought."

It hit her, unparalysed her and fury roamed throughout her body with indescribable words. And besides, you didn't need a killing curse to kill a spider.

"Give him back!" It was a struggle to keep her tone of voice down when she was so incensed, so Zahara lunged at the girl instead. She did not know how this would end, and she did not think before she sprung at her. She wanted Webster back, but he was very little compared to the two of them.

* Sarah Ann Darcy

(12/04/2012 at 07:30)
  • C13 D12 T12 S11
    • View Profile
To Sarah, doing things like this was for entertainment. And if she was about to be awoken in the middle of the night by a girls wretched spider she believed she had the right to do with it what she wished.

"You wouldn't dare it upon yourself."

It was true, she wouldn't. She wouldn't put herself through all the hassle just to have the enjoyment of ridding herself of a pathetic spider. Her shoes could do that job more than swiftly and quietly. There would be no need to get the Wizengamot or the Aurors or anyone like that involved.

However, this girl didn't know that. She didn't know her, and if she had heard any rumours about Sarah then she wouldn't have been surprised if she was just a little worried.

"Are you sure about that?"

Tears were soon forming about the older girls eyes and Sarah was almost shocked. Sure, she had wanted to irritate the girl, worry her, make her a little scared even but she'd never expected tears. Tears were the greatest treasure, they proved you had won and shamed the other person in the process.

Sarah had laughed, no longer being able to keep it in and the girl hadn't looked too happy about it.

"Give him back!"

Wow, she thought. How rude. Her eyebrows frowned and Sarah began to tut quietly whilst shaking her head.

"Now now, don't your parents teach you manners where ever it is you've been strung from? Because I don't tolerate people speaking to me like that."

Her face had inched closer to older girl, their stares set locked together.

"Try it again."

But she never got to hear the girls revised plea for her pet as she lunged at her, sending her back up the bed, half hanging off and hair sweeping the floor. Her legs kicked wildly at the girl atop her and the spider that had once been in her hand, flew through the air and disappeared into the darkness of the room.

"Are you crazy! Get off me, get off-" Sarah's eyes darted around the room before they widened in realisation. "Look what you've done!" She showed the girl an empty hand. "It's gone!"

* Zahara Lacroix

(12/05/2012 at 12:28)
  • 2de Annee
  • C2D4T3S2
    • View Profile
Respect, she realized, did not come from people too ignorant to find the meaning of the word, nor did it come to those who provoked these sort of people. Zahara knew this, because the unpleasant person that had dangled her pet spider by his leg had none. And Zahara knew that she did, because her father had taught her and she returned it to those who earnt it, and did not to those like her step-mother.

And with respect came manners to those who earned that respect. Links, Zahara thought. It was terribly complicated for a math right now when there were more important things staging this moment.

Especially when the word parents rang through her memory, the haunting echo of Sarah's screechy, unkind voice. The girl was putting on a show, Zahara instantly despised her for it. Even though Z was terrible at holding grudges, whatever they may be.

"Are you crazy! Get off me, get off-"

She had lunged, but she did not know what to do after that. Girls at Beauxbatons were catty, and she'd watch them pull at each other's hair before, but that was entirely ineffective when the problem wasn't the girl it was the whereabouts of her pet spider.

It was the girl who caused the problem.

"Look what you've done!"

She pulled back and almost toppled over. "If you had of just given him back in the first place then-"

"It's gone!"

She made a low noise of disapproval at her choice of words. "He had a name and it was Webster." So use it, she thought as she began to get all worked up. No one had angered her or pushed her like this Sarah girl had. Zahara's feelings were bounding off one another and crashing, leaving her with a feeling that she could not quite understand. "I was going to call him Fang." But chit-chat was unimportant; Z quickly reminded herself what had just happened before turning spitefully towards Sarah, head inclined and a rather furious glint in her eye.

"… He's on the loose." She recited, "And he's poisonous."

Somehow it was all managed in a forced but reasonably hushed whisper.
« Last Edit: 12/05/2012 at 12:32 by Zahara Jeaudeu »

* Sarah Ann Darcy

(12/06/2012 at 14:22)
  • C13 D12 T12 S11
    • View Profile
It was a well known fact that she did not like animals. She had thought everyone was well acquainted with the rule and the consequences that would follow without fail if they didn't follow it. Even the animals themselves seemed to have become aware of the piercing glares and swift kicks that were directed in the direction of other animals that got in her way.

But that was life, some people listened and learned the easy way and some people didn't. And they had to learn the hard way.

Like this baguette eating twit from across the Channel.

"If you had of just given him back in the first place then-"

Sarah snarled, swinging her body forward in the hope she would grab at the girls hands and pull herself up from where she was still hanging over the side of the bed.

"If you hadn't let it wander into my bed I wouldn't had had to resort to this!" She wriggled, the blood slowly rushing to her head and her face turning a shocking red colour. "This is all your fault!"

The girl made a low noise as if a growl and Sarah scowled at her. Who gave her the right to growl? She wasn't the one who had been attacked by a giant spider and now its  crazy owner who reminded her a lot of the creature the fight had started over in the first place.

"He had a name and it was Webster."

A large puff of air was dispelled from Sarah's mouth, blowing her hair out of her eyes and cooling her sweating brow.

"I don't give two snitches what that walking ball of disease is called! It could be called King Arthur Pendragon of Camelot for all I care!"

"… He's on the loose. And he's poisonous."

Sarah's eyes bulged to the size of clementines at the news and she momentarily stopped struggled before reaching out to try and shake some sense into the girl.

"You. Let. A. Poisonous. Spider. Loose. In. The. Dorm!?" Her voice was a hushed incredulous screech and her eyes sent daggers through the girl and out the other side. "How could anyone be so stupid?"

Stretching downwards she grabbed her wand from the floor, flicking it whilst mumbling a quick "Lumos." A twinkling light blue light formed at the tip of the wand and she pointed it down towards the floorboards.

"You better just get off me so we can find this… beast! And I swear to Merlin if it bites me the pair of you are coming down with me."

* Zahara Lacroix

(12/10/2012 at 09:52)
  • 2de Annee
  • C2D4T3S2
    • View Profile
Unamused by Sarah's effective use of pulling herself up, Zahara made a low snarl and pulled back from her grasp which had only assisted her in getting up. Zahara's terracotta eyes glinted as anger settled behind them and they narrowed, dark hair spilling over her eyes as she pulled back and forth to set her hands free.

"It's not my fault!" Zahara argued. "I don't tell him what to do!"

"I don't give two snitches what that walking ball of disease is called!"

If looks could kill-

"His name is Webster!!" The force of pulling back so angrily had her knocking her head against the wall with a thud, and like a menacing animal she bared her teeth and pushed for correcting her. Even if ignorance was difficult to push through, and a conflict between two people equally as unyielding was even more so.

"It could be called King Arthur Pendragon of Camelot for all I care!"

"…Who?" Cocking her head to the side and attempting to wipe her thoughts clear of any dragons or Camels or whatever she was on about – Z fiddled for her wand as her hands were finally free from the struggle and lit the tip of it up – only to have it shaken from her grasp yet again.

"You. Let. A. Poisonous. Spider. Loose. In. The. Dorm!?"

"You did! You let him go!" And besides, she had just queried how anyone could be so stupid, but how could a girl of fourteen know exactly whether the spider was actually poisonous or not. Considering it was a tarantula, Zahara was not the stupid one here, huh. This girl had held him in her fingertips, after all.

But if it was going to make the girl search for him, then Zahara would not object.

"And I swear to Merlin if it bites me the pair of you are coming down with me."

"It won't kill you." Zahara stated simply. "Only make you violently ill."

* Sarah Ann Darcy

(12/24/2012 at 19:20)
  • C13 D12 T12 S11
    • View Profile
"It's not my fault! I don't tell him what to do!"

Sarah huffed loudly as she finally managed to pull herself back upright into her previous cross-legged position on the bed. If people couldn't control their pets, then they didn't deserve them.

"Well he's your pet! You should be able to look after him which obviously you can't since you're doing a pretty rubbish job aren't you?"

Her thin brows were narrowed and her hair was a bundle of curls and tangles upon her head. If she was a real girl, a proper girl like Kathleen or her sister it was likely she would have been distraught, however being herself she didn't care.

"His name is Webster!!"

Brushing a nest of hair from her eyes Sarah allowed herself to roll them. Whether the girl saw her in the dark of the room or not she, once again, didn't care.

"You did! You let him go!"

It was true, she had, but she wasn't about to admit that. Instead she held onto the bottom of her nightdress so it wouldn't drag along the floor, she didn't fancy any unexpected visitors up her legs, before pressing a toe to the cold cabin floor.

"Shh" She hissed in the girls direction, before peering over the bed once again and allowing her toes to spread out firmly on the floor, the ball and heel of her foot shortly following.

"Now come on, we better find it before the other girls wake up."

Her first foot was followed by her second foot and Sarah felt herself exhale a long breath she hadn't realised she had been holding in.

"It won't kill you. Only make you violently ill."

At the girls words she felt something furry run over her toes and she yelped jumping onto Zahara's bed on the other side of the room before trying to change it into a cough. Shooting a scowl across the room Sarah hissed at the older girl.

"Get down off there and help me or so help me Merlin if I find that wretched thing first! My face will be the last thing it sees."

* Zahara Lacroix

(01/02/2013 at 08:23)
  • 2de Annee
  • C2D4T3S2
    • View Profile
"You should be able to look after him which obviously you can't since you're doing a pretty rubbish job aren't you?"

Zahara rubbed her aching head and winced, before letting a frown form and an equally as unamused look cross her face. "I think I have done rather well, considering the circumstances. Not my fault your hair looks like its play pen."

"Shh."

She never did appreciate being told to quieten, as Zahara was naturally a very loud mouthed girl and only secluded herself and resorted to silence when surrounded by gabling girls that did not understand her. And not many people could make her, either, but the circumstance was, that or an assemblage of screaming girls and she'd much rather keep this between the two. Surprisingly so, when they hadn't been the quietest.

"Now come on, we better find it before the other girls wake up."

She would have followed suit, only Zahara hesitated to even allow the younger girl to search along the floor with her feet. Anything on the floor was scarce, and they wouldn't hear it so the probability of them stepping on Webster was terrifyingly high.

Then she heard a yelp as her toes dipped carefully to the ground, slowly, almost along with her heel. Terracotta eyes snapped up and glanced the Slytherin's dive to her bed. Her bed where she hid more critters and even a small plastic container of beetles and bugs. That was stationed right atop of her pillow.

"Get down off there and help me or so help me Merlin if I find that wretched thing first!"

"Don't rummage around nearest my pillow!" Zahara whispered quickly, her next foot following and a hand grasping the bed post. "You won't like that very much."

"My face will be the last thing it sees."

"And I'm sure that would be enough to frighten the poor little guy to its death."

On second thought, do touch it, her thoughts cooed. Z circled her foot carefully around every step as she was ensconced into the dark. Until the next moment when something hairy ran quickly over her foot and she bent down to try and get a feel for it. "I think I found him, hey, oh get off of my bed. It's no scaredy cat's haven."

Tags: