Participate in our 20th birthday challenge!

Author Topic: hello pretties.  (Read 966 times)

Esme Vartan

(12/01/2011 at 16:23)
  • Lead Researcher, Supra Mortalitas
    • View Profile

Basically anything that William Lancaster says is true for me. That in mind, we'll keep this short.

I'm Amy, and I'm 22 years old. I just graduated from university with a couple of degrees and a lot of t-shirts. Outside of Hoggies, I'm a graphic designer with a publishing company, and I've recently taken an interest in power tools as I DIY my way into a new apartment. I have a blog about it! It's nerdy. It keeps me happy. These are all good things.

I've been on the site since I was 13. It's not nearly as long as it sounds, because I took two pretty large breaks, the most recent in the middle of university to do all those collegiate things like unpaid internships and eating ramen. I came back in December '09, and I've been here ever since. I'm the (second) newest member of the site administration team, though I've been on the Summer administration team for ages. I do all the designs for the boards, which means that things occasionally get very pink and full of kittens, and if something breaks, I'm probably the girl to talk to.

My main characters have been:

Esme Vartan Charms professor, Keeper of the Keys, and the constantly annoyed wife of Timothy Vartan. Esme was a Ravenclaw and Head Girl during her time at Hogwarts, and recently miscarried her baby in a sick twist of events relating to Supra Mortalitas (I'm looking at you, Spency). I'm not certain if she'll return to the Castle next term or if she's got other plans. I'm enjoying being indecisive.

Ellerie SA! If you see a blonde girl around here with a french last name and a penchant to die, it's probably one of mine. Ellerie's the latest in this set, and she's... sixteen. Old. She's one of the Beauxbatons girls you'll see floating around the site, and her daddy was just made the British Minister of Magic which meeeans she might be coming back to Hogwarts, but probably not. I haven't decided, but most of my castle students tend to be unloved and abandoned.

Georgia Darcy Former Keeper of the Keys and certainly the craziest lady around, Georgia was the necromancy professor, the temporary Slytherin House Head (she decorated their common room with pillows embroidered with kittens. they loved it), and the latest resident of Azkaban.

(I know I copied my intro from last term. Don't judge me.)

Chantal Marie Renard

(12/01/2011 at 16:28)
  • Wizengamot Member French Professor
  • C20D15T20S17
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile
SHOES *collects*

*huggles ECV (or is it EV now?)*
"To Sherlock Holmes she is always the woman. I have seldom heard him mention her under any other name." - Arthur Conan Doyle (A Scandal In Bohemia)

Edgar Charles Marlow

(12/01/2011 at 16:28)
  • 7th Year
  • C10D6T7S7
    • View Profile
*judges*

DIIIIYYYYYYYY.

Can I live with you if I do lots of manual labour?

Esme Vartan

(12/01/2011 at 16:38)
    • View Profile
Eee shoes. <3 I've worn the same pair of black flats four days in a row now, so I think I'm in a slump.

And yes, Ed. Yes you absolutely may. But you need to stop staring like that because I keep thinking I'm in trouble.

Also we need to recruit that guy from that one blog to come with us.

Annabel Grey-Vartan

(12/01/2011 at 16:40)
  • 5th Year
  • C9D6T7S6
    • View Profile
MOTHERRRR.

I can come help DIY. I'm really good at dual-wielding hot glue guns. Also, I just learned how to reupholster furniture off YouTube. Because YouTube never lies.

do or die ◊◊ you'll never make me
because the world will never take my
h e a r t

* Robert Oliveroot

(12/01/2011 at 16:43)
  • Expert of Magical and Mundane Plants
  • C18D10T20S13
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Donor
    • View Profile
Lets get some shoes.

Cassius Ellwood-Luxe

(12/01/2011 at 16:49)
  • Wizengamot Member Head of the Ellwood-Luxe Family
  • C11D6T8S8
    • View Profile
These shoes are $200.

Chantal Marie Renard

(12/01/2011 at 16:51)
  • C20D15T20S17
    • View Profile
Correction, they're $199.95.
"To Sherlock Holmes she is always the woman. I have seldom heard him mention her under any other name." - Arthur Conan Doyle (A Scandal In Bohemia)

Annabel Grey-Vartan

(12/01/2011 at 16:53)
  • 5th Year
  • C9D6T7S6
    • View Profile
...Not if you have the 20% off discount coupon.

Adam Just

(12/01/2011 at 17:22)
Ames, if you don't bring Es back this term, I'm pretty sure AJ will die.

They'll say it was a heart disease, but I'll claim it was because of you. Jussayin'.

* Meghan Lambton-Gale

(12/01/2011 at 18:27)
  • Slytherin '36
  • C11D11T5S9
    • View Profile
SHOES. <3
we are wild , we are like young volcanoes

Esme Vartan

(12/01/2011 at 22:07)
    • View Profile
@Anna-b: I appreciate your thriftyness. Also yes to glueguns. And sandpaper. And the new paint roller that has paint IN THE HANDLE. And Manhattan Nest, which you ought to read if you haven't.
@Meghan: YOUR RED GLASSES omg.
@Adam: Drop out. Hang out with Esme all the time. They can learn macrame.
@Chantal: With tax that's like $210. :[
@CassiusE-L: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wCF3ywukQYA
@Robert: Only if you have a blonde wig and a sassy attitude.
« Last Edit: 12/01/2011 at 22:12 by Esme Vartan »

Timothy Vartan

(12/01/2011 at 22:24)
  • swiss ministry
  • Gryffindor '70
    • View Profile
Wifey, such a beautiful photo, where was it taken?
We are beautiful
We are doomed
♢♢♢

Chantal Marie Renard

(12/01/2011 at 22:31)
  • C20D15T20S17
    • View Profile
Damn taxes. *pets Es* Well, consider the fact that in Canada that would be $225.94 with taxes. So be happy about it. ;)

Megs, you have good taste. The shoes, not the glasses. :P

Cassius Ellwood-Luxe

(12/01/2011 at 22:45)
  • Wizengamot Member Head of the Ellwood-Luxe Family
  • C11D6T8S8
    • View Profile
ESME WINS

* Catharina Adhara Eir Viggano

(12/01/2011 at 22:47)
  • Slytherin '37
  • C9D14T17S8
    • View Profile
Esme you're pretty.
Sweet as candy.

Isabelle Valentine

(12/02/2011 at 04:30)
  • Youth Case Worker
  • C12D6T17S11
  • Superlative Winner - Most Practical
    • View Profile
DIY? Power tools? Can I come play too? Is there glitter involved? If not...can there be glitter involved?

Elizabeth Birch-Hurst

(12/02/2011 at 05:24)
  • Britain's Most Wanted
    • View Profile
Oh, hey look. I read this. It's good to read things.
"It seems most strange that men should fear,
seeing that death, a necessary end,
will come when it will come."

Francis Turin

(12/02/2011 at 06:39)
I was totally gonna comment about this being copied, until I saw your disclaimer. But I guess I still commented about it anyway. :P

You know, in Korea, there isn't a sales tax. So those shoes would only be 199.95. YET ANOTHER REASON TO COME HERE. Also, we have shopping centers in Seoul that are open until 5am. I've done 3am shopping before, it's awesome.

Oh, and you also get a different alter than Kellen. Cause this alter misses you a little. Maybe more than a little.<3

William Lancaster

(12/02/2011 at 07:09)
  • Head of Ravenclaw + Transfiguration Professor
  • C17D14T19S9
  • ['44-'45] Prefect Pick! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Most Likely to be Involved in a Tragic Transfiguration Accident
    • View Profile
I'M GOING TO COMPILE A LIST OF TWINTHINGS HERE.
  • TERM TWINS
  • BIRTHDAY TWINS
  • TRAUMATIC CHILDHOOD DENTIST EXPERIENCE TWINS
  • AGH MY BRAIN HURTS I'LL FINISH THIS TOMORROW

Tags: