Drop by the Fashion Fair!

Author Topic: Herro  (Read 962 times)

Owen Glyde

(08/25/2012 at 11:38)
  • 3rd Year
  • C4D2T3S3
    • View Profile
New member, newly accepted, Owen Glyde here. Not my real name, for cert, but for the sake of being really annoying, I'll just let you all believe it is.

Hum. I'm from the UK. I'm an MMA fighter in training, whilst also enjoying writing ... which is pretty much on the very opposite end of the spectrum to MMA. Yea. Weird.

Hum. I think Fifty Shades of Grey is an overrated Twilight fan-fic, I think Twilight is an overrated series about sparkling vampires, and I think Glee is a government conspiracy to reinforce the status quo in schools by reinforcing blatant stereotypes. I'm totally against 'the man', yo.

Okay. I didn't mean that last one. I'm not a complete nut job. I don't even watch the show. Don't worry though. I still like Harry Potter.

Hum. Yes, Owen Glyde is my character, as must be fairly obvious at this point. This is his application, for all those who are interested, for all those who aren't, a basic summarisation is that he's a highly insecure 13/14 year old kid, with good reason, being exceptionally unexceptional at pretty much everything he attempts, to the point that he no longer goes out of his way to attempt anything, so as to not be so exceptionally unexceptional at it. He's a small kid with a big temper and an even bigger bluster .... which doesn't really work too well in his favour. Yees. Okay, that's me, I think I've typed enough.

Herro everyone.
« Last Edit: 08/25/2012 at 14:55 by Owen Glyde »

Grey Reinhardt

(08/25/2012 at 12:16)
  • Conjuring/Summoning Professor
  • C18 D12 T14 S20
    • View Profile
Hiiiiiii,

I'm going to brainwash you into liking Glee. :D
But I agree with your opinions on everything else, hahaha!

WELCOME TO HOGS!

* Eugene Prothero

(08/25/2012 at 14:51)
  • Head of family + Wizengamot member + Healer - Spell Damage
  • C14D9T17S9
    • View Profile
Hahahaha, you made me laugh. I agree with you you know.

Here's some welcome sparkle for you.

Blue because Ravenclaw is best. Just saying.
Ashes to ashes.
Dust to dust.

Aries Paladin

(08/25/2012 at 16:15)
  • Undesirable No. 2, Resistance Leader, Hit Wizard, Colonel of 42nd, Former General's Aide
  • C26D14T22S20
  • [1946] Site-Wide Superlative Winner! [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge Superlative Winner - Most Charming
    • View Profile
ARGH ANNOYED GIVE ME YOUR REAL NAME OR I'LL SPARKLE AT YOU

...Nah. If I was annoyed I wouldn't offer. Hee.

Though maybe I'll just leave you with a helpful reminder that

Seriously, now: welcome! :D

Fighters writing. Mmm. Oh, and I agree with you on Glee and Twilight, but I've never read that fanfic, so IDK. :P

I read your appppp because I read all the new apps. It made me smile. And aww, bluster. <3 fingers crossed that Ow's a fourth year boy because then I can harass you extra with mineeee

Grey Reinhardt

(08/25/2012 at 16:46)
  • C18 D12 T14 S20
    • View Profile

I BELIEVE YOU'RE BOTH WRONG.

Hufflepuff is the best, in every way.
Stop missleading the new members.

J. Walsingham

(08/25/2012 at 17:17)
  • Gryffindor House Head
    • View Profile
HI. I like watching things like Deadliest Warrior and/or zombie movies, and reading Dumas the elder at the same time.

Also I'm head of Gryffindor and I can guarantee a Good Time. Exhibit A:

But really, all the Houses are splendid. Welcome, welcome!
M Y S T E R Y
all my life has been a mystery

* Evander Ellwood-Luxe

(08/25/2012 at 17:20)
  • 7th Year
  • C8D5T6S7
    • View Profile
YAAAAAAY Another UK Peep!

(Is in the UK and yes....woooo!)

Also....STOP PLUGGING HOUSES, you naughty people!

RAVENCLAW IS THE BEST YO!

But seriously, welcome, you will love it here. And come say Hi! Its fab to have more UK peeps (i love all you murricans dearly though, you know that) xxxxx

Owen Glyde

(08/25/2012 at 17:26)
  • 3rd Year
  • C4D2T3S3
    • View Profile
Oh, well, lots of replies, more than I was expecting for cert. Hum. Where to start.

Brainwashing me into liking Glee? Not a chance. Government propoganda man, you're buying in to their lies. You're the one being brainwashed, maan. It's all a big conspiracy ...

TOO MANY SPARKLES! Goddammit ... and Aries, that fan-fic went on to be published and, yes, you are about to read this right, it outstripped JK Rowling's Harry Potter series as the fastest selling paperback of all time, and outsold the Harry Potter series in a year on Amazon. This is a fan-fic we're talking about. Of Twilight. The author literally used the names of the Twilight characters in her drafts, before simply changing their names and some other things when deciding to 'publish'. I took one glance at a random page online, lost count of the number of grammatical and punctuation mistakes, and lost all hope I had left for this world. Yees. On a brighter note though ... Owen will either be third or fourth year, so being harassed by Aries is probably going to be a very likely possibility ... a good replacement for the schoolground bullies he used to deal with, no doubt.

Hum. All four houses claiming they're the best, all except Gryffindor, who claims that they're ALL wonderful. No offense ... that's just so cliche ... ahem hem. Wait. Eep. Admin. I mean, that's so admirable.
« Last Edit: 08/25/2012 at 17:29 by Owen Glyde »

* Elizabeth Woods-Taylor

(08/26/2012 at 09:09)
  • Resistance Member + Private, 101st Broom Battalion Medic
  • C13D6T10S7
    • View Profile
omg, I love you to death right now! New around here myself but wanted to say hiya and welcome ^_^ my charrie's only somewhere around 12 but I sooo want to bother yours sometime IC!

J. Walsingham

(08/26/2012 at 12:58)
  • Gryffindor House Head
    • View Profile
No offense ... that's just so cliche ...

WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY.

D'aww no. It's hard to be partisan when you've got alts all over the map though (my Slytherin characters in particular have strong ~*~feelings~*~). You'll find out for yourself soon enough, I suspect.
M Y S T E R Y
all my life has been a mystery

Grey Reinhardt

(08/26/2012 at 13:10)
  • C18 D12 T14 S20
    • View Profile

"Walsingham, if you keep scaring the kids you can't be in my class."

Deidre Sable

(08/26/2012 at 13:32)
  • Free Spirit
  • C9D7T9S7
    • View Profile
Eeee! New kid!! ;D Sort of.

MARTIAL ARRRRRRRTS <3 I don't care if MMA doesn't really mean you do ALL the martial arts, because -- MARTIAL ARRRRRRRRTS <3

I agree with Wally: ALL the Houses are awesome! <3

I agree with you on Twilight, because seriously. Sparkles are awesome, but sparkling vampires? Dracula is facepalming. A little overboard, if you ask me. And I just don't like it because of the sparkling vampires. But moving on...

Fifty Shades of Grey... Never read, but I've seen an audio-book (audio-read?) on YouTube, as read by some guy with this really funny voice that makes everything graphic sound awesomer because, well, his voice. XD

Glee... I like their songs. But I've never watched it, so I'm neutral-ish. :)

Also. Your avvie. School of Rock! I love that movie to bits!!! <3

WELCOME TO HOGGIES!!! :D

^Also. Gah. Sylar. Gaaaaaaah... Ahem. Fangirl here. Pardon me.
« Last Edit: 08/27/2012 at 04:46 by Deidre Sable »

Owen Glyde

(08/26/2012 at 18:55)
  • 3rd Year
  • C4D2T3S3
    • View Profile
Ohai. Look. More replies. I is popular!

Elizabeth, that sounds like it could be potentially amusing. How amusing depends on what year/house Owen ends up getting sorted into, but I dare say we could work something out. Fun fun.

Creepy gifs are creepy. I have a feeling Owen is going to be getting on REALLY well with the Slytherins, somehow ...

Ohai Deidre. Yees. I am so cool, because I do Martial Arts. Fear my hands of lightning steel. No, but fer srs, you'd be surprised how many disciplines actually are involved in MMA. It's just that the most popular/effective ones have kind of outshined the 'Mr. Miyagis' of the world, alas ... also, obviously, you can't go around waving kendo sticks and swords inside the steel cage either. Ahem.

Also, I'm surprised someone actually recognised my avatar! I don't think he's ever been in anything except School of Rock. Obscure 'celebs' own. Tots.

Deidre Sable

(08/27/2012 at 04:45)
  • Free Spirit
  • C9D7T9S7
    • View Profile
HAI THAR. ;D Yes. Yes, you are. *bows* Don't know who the "Mr. Miyagis" are, so I can't really relate .___. Aw, why not? That would be awesome, though xD Even though I can't really watch it on TV :( *has no cable*

School of Rock is just that awesome, bro! ;D *brofist!* I think I remember reading (on wiki) that he's become a real-life drummer... Yeahh, obscure celebs ftw! :)) (Dei's FC is one too :P)

Eilidh C. Adler

(08/28/2012 at 02:10)
  • Housekeeper
  • C11D7T7S7
    • View Profile
Hi. XD I agree with you on everything. I think Twilight is just okay, I don't really understand the drama about it. GLEE is not really to my liking, I don't like musicals.

GLEE FANS DON'T HURT ME.IT'S INFINITY AGAINST ONE!

G.W. Oswald

(08/28/2012 at 06:47)
  • Editor-in-Chief, Daily Prophet
  • C7T8D6S11
    • View Profile
hi I'm Leila and I've been stalking your intro. Procrastinating 4ebahh

ALSO HEY SPARKLES ARE COOL. I actually don't like Harry Potter, but somehow (idek) stumbled upon Fifty Shades of Grey and I couldn't make it past the first page.

I think I lasted for about two and a half chapters of Twilight. Buuut I'm picky.

ps. HI WELCOME DON'T GET COMPLETELY FREAKED OUT - I'm half asleep and all the cray.
« Last Edit: 08/28/2012 at 08:42 by G.W. Oswald »
→ oncE upON a tImE
COME SURRENDER

Owen Glyde

(08/28/2012 at 18:51)
  • 3rd Year
  • C4D2T3S3
    • View Profile
Deidre ... Mr. Miyagi! No? Karate Kid? Daniel-san? Wax on, wax off? I officially feel old ....

As for your face claim, you don't say ... I THOUGHT I didn't recognise her. See, that's funny, cos usually it's, 'I thought I recognised her'. Bwaha. I'm so humourous.

Sophie. Some musicals are a-okay. Repo the Genetic Opera with Anthony Head is frigging awesome ... gory, and awesome. Depp's role in Sweeney Todd is pretty good as well. But Glee? Pft ... no gore at all ...

Hi Leila. I is creeped out now. Mmkay.

Only joking, tots.

Deidre Sable

(08/29/2012 at 04:07)
  • Free Spirit
  • C9D7T9S7
    • View Profile
Nope, never heard of him; sorry :-\ Karate Kid, though... Do you mean the movie? Because if you do, I've watched the current version, but have yet to download-and-watch the older version. Dunno Daniel-san, either :-\ Okay, that "wax on, wax off" thing sounds familiar... ???

lol It's okay, don't take it too hard; I'm just really undercultured :))

Yep. I think the only movie/show she's been featured in was in 500 Days of Summer and How I Met Your Mother, where she was the younger version of Summer and of Robin, respectively. You did? Oh wait, no, sorry, I misread that. >.<

Pfft -- Yes, it's usually "I thought I recognized her" :))

Repo and Sweeney?? O.O Why are you so awesome?? ALL THE GORE!!! <3 *brofist!*

Well, actually, not all musicals have to have gore (like Cats, for example); just saying *shrug*

Tags: