Author Topic: Days like these {open}  (Read 363 times)

Eleanore LaLouvre

(07/31/2012 at 01:05)
    • View Profile
Eleanore held her arms out in a perfect Port de Bras as she carefully maneuvered down the gentle rocky slope towards the water. After unceremoniously dumping her things on an open cot in the deserted cabin she hastened to escape the aged, moldering smell of the well-used living space in favor of the cool air outside. It was slightly overcast, the white clouds were blushing grey and hinting at rain for later in the day, a slight breeze lifted her mahogany hair from around her face - this Eleanore's perfect weather. She couldn't handle the heat, those days when the sun beat down without pause for hours at a time - no thank you! If it had been one of those days she might have snatched up a book and retreated to the inviting shade of the forest that beckoned in the other direction - but the grey sky, the breeze, and the scent of lake water were just what she wanted to enjoy right now.

Her parents, Vivianne and James LaLouvre, had made a hasty departure. Her sister, Elisée had not joined them today. Eleanore's small lips bowed down and her thick dark brows constricted in both concentration as she made one last little hop to the smooth stones near the water and at the thought of her older sister. Lis was two years older than her, and the reason why her parents had waited until she was on the eve of her thirteenth birthday to finally send her to Hogwarts.

Elisée was a squib. They'd known it for years, they must have known it by the time Lis was 6, when Eleanore (at age four) had dropped a favorite porcelain doll and it had bounced instead. But her parents denied it, to themselves, to their family, to the world. They home schooled both girls, waiting and waiting for Lis to receive her letter from Hogwarts. When Eleanore received hers their mother had primly folded it up and tucked it away, her thin lips tightly drawn. "Well...Lissie just needs another year of course. Eleanore you can wait for your sister to catch up a bit, can't you?" Eleanore had said nothing. They never said it. Squib. It was a dirty word in a family with almost 100% pure blood lineage. . . But they couldn't deny it forever.

Still managing not to acknowledge her sisters lack of magical ability, her parents had received Eleanore's owl from Hogwarts and this time, instead of folding it up and tucking it away for later, her mother had ordered her supplies. Eleanore had received a thorough home schooling and was accepted into the same year as her peers, thank goodness. Ella shoved her hands into the pockets of her jumper, staring into the water, feeling torn between elation at finally being here, and fear at being the outsider.

She knelt and picked up a smooth oblong stone and, meaning to skip it across the water, accidentally hurled it behind her as she drew her arm back.

Ashley White

(07/31/2012 at 09:53)
  • Fourth Year
  • C4T4D3S3
    • View Profile
Ashley hummed a tune as she made her way towards the Lake. It looked like it was about to rain. The perfect weather. It was also her favourite weather. She looked to play in the rain. It made her feel free.

As she approached the Lake she saw a girl standing near the esge of the Lake. She smiled as she thought of going and talking to the girl. She slowly made her way towards the girl. As she was about to call out the girl drew her arm back and a stone came flying out only to hit Ashley square on the face.

"Ow." She muttered as the stone made contact with her forehead.

Shya Cambridge

(07/31/2012 at 16:52)
  • First Year
  • C1D0T1S2
    • View Profile
Aw crud, it was going to rain. Not that she minded the rain, but if it did rain then it would put a halt to most camp activities. She wasn't ready to stop yet!!!

With the smooth stone she had found earlier beneath her fingers she made her way along the edge of the lake. She wanted to find some more stones so she could start a collection then show her dear mum when she got home. That would have made her happy and that would have given her some idea of what her daughter was up to while away at camp. She smiled down at the stone. It was only the first nice one she had seen and she was beginning to think that she would need to walk into the water to find the really gorgeous ones. Those all seemed to glisten and technically the one she now had was once in water...just not really. If things continued like this she would have to go diving for more.

Just a little off she saw a girl take up a stone. She looked like she was about to throw it and as she raised it Shya could see just how shiny it was. Her mouth shot open for her to beg the girl not to when she saw it fly backwards and hit Ashley square in the face. She stood staring for a minute, wondering if what she was seeing had really happened but she didn't miss the fact that the stone had fall right at her friends foot. She headed over there and quickly picked it up.

"Hey Ash, thanks for saving my stone." Oh wait...she was supposed to have shown sympathy for the girl seeing as she just got hit in the face... "Are you alright though?" A hit like that must have hurt without a doubt!

From the corner of her eyes she saw the girl who had just hurled the stone. "I take it you're not a fan of the stones around here." She said jokingly with a smile. "That's quite an arm you've got there."

Eleanore LaLouvre

(08/01/2012 at 21:49)
    • View Profile
As the stone flew from her hand Eleanore's head turned, eyes following it's accidental backwards flight straight into the face of another girl. Eleanore clapped both of her hands to her face, her eyes wide in horror. "ohmygod" she blurted out as she scrambled towards the other girl "I am so, so sorry!" She said in a rush. A second girl walked up and picked up the offending stone. Eleanore's cheeks burned red. Her first day, here for not five minutes, and she was well on her way to making enemies. I'll be known as the girl who throws rocks at people if they get too close to me her thirteen year old mind thought fretfully.

"I take it you're not a fan of the stones around here.  .  .That's quite an arm you've got there."

Realize she was being addressed Eleanore drew her eyes from the mark on the first girl's face and snapped her jaw shut, hopefully erasing some of the dumbfounded. embarrassment from her face. "I um . . . " the second girl was smiling kindly at her, Ella felt the corners of her mouth turn up slightly in a somewhat sheepish smile. "It was an accident? I've never been great at skipping stones" she admitted, shrugging her shoulder slightly. Neither of the girls were staring her down - yet - and the second girl seemed to find the whole situation more funny than anything, which was at least a little reassuring.

"I am so very sorry" Ella said sincerely, turning her attention back to the first girl "It was absolutely an accident" she added, thoughts of being the "rock throwing girl" flitting through her head again. "My name is Eleanore LaLouvre, I just arrived" She threw in formally, holding out her hand - either old habits of polite behavior die hard, or she was doing the next best thing and trying to change the topic from her pegging someone else in the face with a rock. Honestly, it was a little bit of both.

(OOC: Apologies for the slow reply! Won't happen again :) )

Ashley White

(08/02/2012 at 07:06)
  • Fourth Year
  • C4T4D3S3
    • View Profile
Ashley rubbed her forehead. She could feel a bit of a dent. Oh well. Not much damage done. She smiled at the other two girls and reasured them,"I am alright."

The girl who had thrown the stone was looking embarrased. Eleanore held out a hand and Ash shok it. "No problems. My name is Ashley White but you can call me Ash." She grinned. "Its my first time at a summer camp too."

Ash turned to Shya and said,"Your chance to introduce yourself."

Shya Cambridge

(08/02/2012 at 14:32)
  • First Year
  • C1D0T1S2
    • View Profile
Now the girl was getting all frantic, her face turning red and everything. It wasn't all that big a deal. It wasn't as if she had intentionally whacked Ash with the stone afterall so she had nothing to worry about.

"I um . . . " the second girl was smiling kindly at her, Ella felt the corners of her mouth turn up slightly in a somewhat sheepish smile. "It was an accident? I've never been great at skipping stones"

Shya giggled. "Well it's a good thing you aren't, or this nice one would be at the bottom of the lake right now." She told her. It wasn't that she was happy the stone had hit her friend, she was just happy that she could have the stone for her collection that she would bring home to her mum.

This was of course followed by more apologies on the girls part. Luckily Ashley told her it was okay because she had a feeling this girl would have gone on apologizing all day! That, she would have had a problem with.

"My name is Eleanore LaLouvre, I just arrived"

Then Ashley did her intro and told her it was time for her own. Putting on a more pleasant smile she looked from the stone to the girl. "It's nice to meet you. I'm Shya Cambridge."

Eleanore LaLouvre

(08/03/2012 at 14:04)
    • View Profile
"No problems. My name is Ashley White but you can call me Ash. . . Its my first time at a summer camp too."

Ella smiled in relief, at least Ashley didn’t seem too upset about the fact that she’s probably have a bruise on her face somewhere, compliments of Ella’s backward throwing skills. Both of the girls looked like they were around Ella’s age, give or take a year, and for that she was glad.

"Well it's a good thing you aren't, or this nice one would be at the bottom of the lake right now. . . It's nice to meet you. I'm Shya Cambridge."

“You . . . collect the stones?” Eleanore asked, gesturing to the rock that had hit Ashley which Shya was now holding onto. It was kind of a strange hobby for a girl, but Ella could see the appeal in the variety of colors and textures of stones that dominated the lakeside. “Sorry, I’ve just never met anyone who collected stones, I’m pleased to meet you Ash, Shya” She added politely, smiling. “I’m so happy that I’m not the only new girl here at camp, what year will you be going into?” Ella asked the girls.

Ashley White

(08/03/2012 at 17:19)
  • Fourth Year
  • C4T4D3S3
    • View Profile
Ashley smiled. So even Eleanore was also new to the camp. Atleast she wasnt alone. She seemed around their age maybe a bit big.

"First year." Ash replied to the question. It was afterall he first time at Hogwarts. She hoped that she would enjoy her time there. She didnt want to go back to that horrible orphanage that was also known as her home or personal hell.

She shook herself out of her daze and asked,"What about you?"

Tags: