Don't forget to sign up for a cabin!

Author Topic: Sweet 16 and never been kissed....(open)  (Read 3375 times)

Jessie Pendragon

(04/08/2012 at 12:39)
  • Hufflepuff '37
  • C12D6T14S9
    • View Profile
July 17

Jessie woke up excited,today was her sixteenth birthday and she couldn't wait to get things set up for her party. She put on her black sundress with the pink and green flowers and her sandals before heading to the lake to set up. The day was slightly cloudy but it didn't really seem like it would rain and it was warm enough outside.

She had set up some tables and filled them with refreshments and decorations. Each table held an arrangement of her favorite flowers with chairs in a group setting. There were pink,green,and white balloons floating in the air all around the party setting. jessie had made sure everything would be perfect,her sister Joelle was even going to be allowed to attend before having to go back home. Jessie had sent out the invitations and was ready for the best day of her life...so far.

She left her blonde,wavy tresses hang freely about her shoulders and her brillant green eyes glowed with happiness. It was a day where Jessie was going to put everything else out of her mind and just have fun. She had been stressing for far too long and today was about letting go and being...well, Jessie.

The music was playing from the enchanted radio she had borrowed from the school and Jessie smiled as she surveyed the job she had done setting up for the party,now all she had to do was wait for her friends to arrive.

Asita Shan

(04/08/2012 at 12:50)
  • 3rd Year
  • C4D2T2S2
    • View Profile
Asita grinned, running down to the Lake. I can't believe it's already Jessie's birthday! Asita thought, laughing softly. She wore a strapless knee length dress, a deep purple colour, and black sandals.
As Asita reached the lake, she grinned as she saw Jessie.
"Happy birthday, Jessie!" Asita laughed, passing a square box to her friend, inside a emerald green necklace, with matching earrings. "Who else is coming?" Asita asked, grinning with anticipation.

Thalia Gray

(04/08/2012 at 18:43)
  • Magizoology Junior Research Assistant
  • C10D6T7S9
    • View Profile
Thalia checked her reflection in the mirror. She looked okay but it wasn't as if she cared much about her appearance. Of course, she was conscious of how she looked but...well, she couldn't have cared less that night. This was Jessie's birthday party and she was going there to celebrate her friend's sweet sixteenth. Birthdays were supposed to be fun.

She had on a green, floral-patterned sundress, partnered with tan-coloured platform shoes. It seemed like dresses were taking over her wardrobe, whether she liked it or not. Her shorts and jeans didn't diminish in number but it was apparent that frocks were almost dominating the space in her trunk. She wasn't supposed to like dresses any more than she liked eating her veggies.

Shaking her hair loose from its braid, Thalia grabbed Jessie's present from her bed. Hastily, the blonde headed towards the lake, where the party was held. Almost late, the teen half-jogged, half-ran to the venue. She arrived, huffing and puffing.

"Whew! Happy Birthday, Jessie!" the girl exclaimed, panting slightly. Having caught her breath, Thalia paused to give the birthday girl her gift.

"Here, erm, it's nothing much but...I hope you like it!"

Inside the box would be a silver bracelet, with sapphire gems embedded on the band. She didn't exactly know what Jessie would like, but she decided to go for jewelry. Girls loved jewelry, didn't they? Takeshi had given her one, and she never took it off.

"Nice party," commented Thalia before noticing Asita, a younger housemate. She'd seen the girl around before, but they've never really talked.

"Oh, hey, Asita! How are you?"   

Asita Shan

(04/08/2012 at 19:03)
  • 3rd Year
  • C4D2T2S2
    • View Profile
Asita looked up, surprised the other girl was talking to her. She had seen her, what was her name?, but they'd never had the time to talk.
"Hi," Asita smiled warmly. "You're Erathalia, right? Nice to finally talk to you." Asita said, grinning. "I'm fine, thanks. How about you?"

Jessie Pendragon

(04/08/2012 at 20:28)
  • Hufflepuff '37
  • C12D6T14S9
    • View Profile
Jessie smiled and greeted her guests as they started arriving. First Asita arrived and Jessie ran up to hug her friend who had actually turned out to be her cousin in a round about family connection. She took the gift Asita handed her and placed it in the middle of the center table. Next was Thalia and she accepted another box adding it to the table as well.

"Thanks so much for coming if you would like there are various pastries,snack and drinks on the long table over there." Jessie offered pointing to the table that held assorted cookies,cakes,pastries and other snacks. There were glasses of pumpkin juice,punch and bottles of butterbeer out for anyone that wished to have some. The cupcakes all had either pink or green frosting with the numbers 16 in sugary candies on top. Of course there was also plenty of chocolates and other candy from Honeydukes.

"How's everyone's summer so far?" Jessie wondered.

Claire Sato

(04/08/2012 at 23:34)
  • 5th Year
  • C5D5T4S4
    • View Profile
Claire had walked down slowly to the lake, after a few minutes of preparing. Claire smiled as she saw Jessie, Thalia, and another girl she did not really recognized. This party will be fun! She decided as if if she says so, it will turn out well. Her gift was in a big box covered in wrapping paper, inside was a soft life size dog plushie that Jessie could easily hug. I hope she likes it. Claire thought hugging the big box with both her arms, her chin holding the box as well so that it won't fall.

"Hey Jessie! Happy Sweet 16! Today will be great fun! Here you go!" Claire said and offered the big box to Jessie, undoubtedly her gift was going the more childish route, but even as one becomes older, having a child quality is never bad. Claire waved at Thalia and the girl she didn't recognized, "Hey guys!" Claire said to both of them, even thought she technically didn't know one of the two.

She wore a plain white dress that ended around her kneecaps it was pretty simple, but comfortable and nice looking enough. Her hair was short now, she had only cut it a few days ago.

(Refer to avatar for appearance, exclude the instrument shown! So if the picture were to show her legs, it will be a white dress.)
« Last Edit: 04/09/2012 at 01:13 by Claire Sato »

Stella Heartsick

(04/09/2012 at 03:29)
  • Hufflepuff '37
  • C6D10T7S6
    • View Profile
Stella wore turquoise, a summery shade of one of her favorite colors, blue. Besides blue, Stella supposed she liked yellow best. The turquoise fabric formed the dress that Stella was now wearing to her best friend's sweet sixteen. Stella's had been back in Winter, and she hadn't invited quite the amount of guests that Jessie did. Among the partiers, Stella found Jessie and handed her a present ((Guess I'm just too lazy to decide what the present is  ;) )).

Over the course of her life, Stella had learned that it was always best to claim a seat as soon as possible, so that she wouldn't have to play the can-I-sit-here? game. She grabbed a lemonade and put it in front of the chair that she decided to make hers for the duration of this party. Stella admired the selection of flowers that had been placed on the tables. Her mother always kept their garden beautifiul, with a wide selection of flowers and other plant, so Stella was quickly able to identify most of the flowers in front of her.

Colton Brent

(04/09/2012 at 07:25)
  • 7th Year
  • C7D5T6S6
    • View Profile
Call it bullying, or maybe there was just some psychological flaw he didn't know about or didn't want to address, but there had to be a reason – a good reason – why Colton was sticking fireworks into a cake. Two tiered and nearly a foot tall, the birthday cake was beautiful and pricy: each layer was smothered in canary yellow icing and bundles of decorative lavendar ribbons dressed the edges. And now he was uglying it up with poking trick blowers (multi-colored sticks of minor explosive available in blue, pink, yellow!) in it, his other hand busy trying to smooth over any suspicious bumps with a spatula.

Satisfied, Colt took a step back in the boys' cabin, licking his sticky fingers and admiring his handiwork. The cake sat quiet on his bedside table and he felt a rush of joy that only he knew its potential. It looked completely harmless on the outside but the moment it was cut, the summer partiers would see a blast brighter than the sun.

Personal vendetta against Jesse, it was not; he was just bored.

First making sure that he hadn't gotten icing on his white shirt or jeans, he bent his knees and carefully slid his hands under the cardboard tray holding the cake and lifted it up. Then he carried it outside with hesitant steps, making sure not to rest the side of the cake to his chest, or it might stick and expose a firework or two. It wasn't long until he reached the part of the lake where tables were already set up with various balloons, napkins, refreshments, and other things that society deemed party-like.

“Jessie,” he called, knowing full well in advance that he wouldn't be well received. A fraudulent frown formed on his face to express his mock-regret, and he looked down as if he was truly ashamed for his past discretions. “I'm sorry about how I acted at the Pitch.”

His hazel eyes peered around with mild interest and at nothing particular, carefully shifting his weight when he saw the cake begin to tip leftward. “Well, I heard it was your birthday today so I got you a cake.”

Asita Shan

(04/09/2012 at 10:29)
  • 3rd Year
  • C4D2T2S2
    • View Profile
Asita grinned at Jessie. "Mine's been brilliant so far, with discovering two of my best friends are actually my cousins. But then again, you know that Jessie."
Asita smiled at the other girl who had just arrived. "Hi. I'm Asita Shan. Who are you?" she asked politely. Asita was really eager to met Jessie's other friends.
Asita frowned as a boy came to apologise to Jessie, holding a cake. Turning to Jessie, she pointed at the new boy. "What did he do to you?" She demanded, glaring at the new boy. Glancing at the cake, Asita bit her lip. "And do you really trust a peace offering from him?"

Ophelia Snow

(04/09/2012 at 18:01)
  • 5th Year
  • C6D5T4S5
    • View Profile
Lia rushed from the cabin, present in hand, as her red locks flew behind her with speed. She didn't want to miss out on anything.

She was wearing a midnight blue summer dress to her knees, which was loose and very comfortable, with white sandals. Her hair was down and curly as usual, her brown eyes gleaming with happiness, again, as usual.

She saw a crowd already at the edge of the lake, and saw a huge cake she immedietly knew would be delightful. Lia just had to try some now.

"Jessie! Happy Birthday!" Lia squeled and attacked Jessie in a tight hug. Letting go, she stuffed the white box wrapped in a blue ribbon into Jessie's hands. Her gift was  an antique broach that used to belong to some Lady in France. It was beautiful, with blue and white gems decorating it, and the rim golden and silver flowers. Lia would've kept it for herself, but she knew it was perfect for Jessie.

"Ah, i remember my 16th birthday..." Lia said mystically, even though she turned 16 only two months ago.

"Do you mind if i try some of this cake?" Lia gushed, skipping to the great thing. She tried some cream. Scrumptous. Then she gasped.

When Lia was five, she'd have lots of fun stuffing blowers into poeple's bags. She knew it would be a disaster if it went off in a cake.

"Jessie..." Lia warned. "I wouldn't light this cake if i were you. Those blowers will expload the whole thing. Cake everywhere! Who brought the cake?"
« Last Edit: 04/09/2012 at 18:05 by Ophelia Snow »

Thalia Gray

(04/09/2012 at 19:27)
  • Magizoology Junior Research Assistant
  • C10D6T7S9
    • View Profile
"I've never been better, Asita." said Thalia to her younger housemate, before adding. "We should hang out sometime." For the blonde, it seemed only natural watch over the younger ones and look out for them. She'd never had a chance to do so since she was an only child. Her childhood would definitely have been less lonelier.

"Same old, same old." Thalia joked, in answer to Jessie's inquiry. "It was fun! And now, with your birthday bash, I'm sure it's gonna be awesome."

The party seemed to be in full swing. Thalia swayed a little to the catchy music. Blue-green eyes gazed at all the scrumptious food that had been especially prepared for the occasion. She might as well enjoy herself.

"Hey, Stella. Claire. You guys are looking great!" Thalia grinned as she sipped at her bottle of Butterbeer. Before she realised it, the blonde had let out an uncharacteristic giggle. Was she drunk or what? Butterbeer wasn't all that alcoholic, was it? Then again, she'd had two bottles now...

Seemingly coming out of nowhere, a tall boy appeared with a huge cake in his hands. Thalia sidled closer towards the group to get a closer look at who was Jessie's new admirer. Anyone who'd bring a cake that size could only be besotted with the birthday girl.

"Ooh, Jess. A boy's brought you a cake!" Thalia gasped, her eyes twinkling mischievously. She nudged the birthday girl forward, whispering into her ear. "He seems sweet and good-looking at that. Forgive him already."

Thalia grinned like the Cheshire cat. Secretly, she'd always wanted to be a matchmaker. This could be her break. Nevertheless, a familiar-looking redhead came along. Lia.

"I wouldn't light this cake if i were you. Those blowers will expload the whole thing. Cake everywhere! Who brought the cake?"

Thalia wondered why not. The cake seemed harmless. However, if Asita and Lia seemed so against it...

"It's that guy." Thalia lazily pointed to the dude holding the cake, addressing him vaguely. His was a new face, and naturally, she didn't have his name. Until she did, she'd have to stick to nicknames in the meantime."Hey, big guy, why don't you hold the cake for us while we light it up?"

If the cake was truly harmless, then the boy would have no problem holding it, now would he? He wouldn't run away.

"Would you like to do the honours, Jessie?" A little Incendio was all it took, after all.

Now, this was going to be fun.
« Last Edit: 04/09/2012 at 19:40 by Erathalia Gray »

Ophelia Snow

(04/09/2012 at 20:01)
  • 5th Year
  • C6D5T4S5
    • View Profile
Lia shrugged and grabbed a bottle of Butterbeer, chugging it down. She smiled, and stepped as far away from the crowd as she could so that the cake didn't get all over her.

She would and could never get drunk, so she examined the scene, popping a chocolate eclair into her mouth. Espeon would've loved it here, Lia thought.

Jessie Pendragon

(04/09/2012 at 20:14)
  • Hufflepuff '37
  • C12D6T14S9
    • View Profile
Jessie stood happily talking to her friends when her green eyes spotted Colton and she instantly froze. Her green eyes clouding over with a terrified look on her face. She couldn't help but wonder what his purpose really was here. The cake looked good but she was sure his intentions weren't. She looked around nervously for one of her many protectors and seeing none clenched her fists as he approached. Wasn't there someone here who could come to her rescue?

Asita and Lia were warning her about the cake that Colton had brought and she eyed it suspiciously as he offered an apology. Jessie looked to Asita and quietly answered her question,"he set some bludgers free on Amber,Calla and I as we stood on the pitch talking,we weren't prepared for it and someone got hurt protecting us.". Jessie liked Thalia's idea so she swallowed hard before putting on her pretend brave face and telling Colton," That is so sweet of you,would you like to light it for us and sing happy birthday to me?"she asked taunting him. There she goes again getting herself in trouble,would she ever learn to keep her mouth shut? Jessie not only feared Colton but she didn't believe his sorry act for one minute. First the poker game now her party,why did he seem to turn up everywhere Jessie was?

Jessie asked Stella if she would grab the new gifts her friends had offered her and place them on the table next to the others for she was afraid to turn her back on Colton.

"Stella,would you please take these for me so I can show Colton where to put this beautiful cake he brought?" she asked her best friend as a sly smile played across her lips for she had her own ideas of where he could stick it.

Asita Shan

(04/09/2012 at 21:10)
  • 3rd Year
  • C4D2T2S2
    • View Profile
Asita smiled at Thalia. "We should hang out." Asita agreed, grinning at the older girl.
Asita listene to Jessie, becoming increasing horrified. She stared open mouthed at Jessie, before storming over to the boy.
"Do you think you can just apologise for that? Hurting someone, and thinking that saying sorry will change that?" Asita spat furiously. "It's no surprise I'm not the only one who's suspicious of you! And now, you're trying to ruin my best friend's sixteen birthday party!"
Asita glared at the boy, before walking back over to Jessie.
"Jessie, can I please kick that sorry excuse for a human being out of here now, before I hit him? I could do both, if you wanted."

Jessie Pendragon

(04/09/2012 at 21:26)
  • Hufflepuff '37
  • C12D6T14S9
    • View Profile
Jessie smiled at how Asita wanted to protect her,she was a feisty little thing. Jessie put her hand on her cousin's shoulder to calm her before whispering,"Let's just wait and see what happens,I'm curious to see how brave he is on my turf with my friends." Jessie said as she smiled deviously.

There were so many people around what was he going to do,throw Jessie in the lake or something? He was harmless here,she hoped. She pulled Asita away and directed her towards where Stella was so she didn't end up throwing a punch at Colton the way amber had on the pitch. She turned her attention to her other party guests. She turned up the music,grabbed another bottle of butterbeer and started talking to her guests. Her attention on her friends who had come here today to celebrate her birthday. Happiness flooded through her as she looked at the turn out and it was still early.

Damon Garcia

(04/09/2012 at 21:41)
  • 2nd Year
  • C1D0T1S2
    • View Profile
Damon was very excited he had never been invited to a birthday party before. He had put on some of the best clothes he had so he could meet new friends.

Damon walked down to the lake wondering how many new people he would meet. he was so excited.

Damon got to the lake and looked around to see all the people and got a little shy but still tried to be open.

He saw Jessie so he walked up to her. "Hi Jessie, I made it." He stood next to jessie and tried not to make eye contact with anybody else.

Claire Sato

(04/10/2012 at 03:15)
  • 5th Year
  • C5D5T4S4
    • View Profile
Claire smiled at Asita, and introduced herself as Claire. Thalia had complimented on her appearance, and she didn't know how to reply back except with a simple "Thank you!"

Sure, she was very pleased by the compliment, but she had thought this dress was not formal enough. People started arriving left and right, Claire greeted and talked to a few people. The a boy who seemingly did something horrible came to apologize to Jessie, the boy had even brought a cake. Expensive gesture...that was pretty nice of him...

"I wouldn't light this cake if i were you. Those blowers will expload the whole thing. Cake everywhere! Who brought the cake?" Lia had conveniently pointed out.

Oooh! Who goes through all that trouble just to prank someone? Claire thought and smile forming, she couldn't help but let out a few laughs.

" That is so sweet of you,would you like to light it for us and sing happy birthday to me?" Jessie said confidently, Claire really wanted to say, "Good going!" and give her thumbs up or something, but decided against it.

"You heard her, the birthday girl is waiting!" She said before she could stop herself, and made an overly sweet smile at Colton that people could probably tell was not genuine. Before she knew it, the girl that had asked for her name was going off at Colton angrily.

Jessie had directed her attention to the guest, so Claire went back to socializing and putting the boy out of her mind. Claire was very impressed by how Jessie handled the situation, cool and calm wins the game.
« Last Edit: 04/10/2012 at 05:45 by Claire Sato »

Ophelia Snow

(04/10/2012 at 10:50)
  • 5th Year
  • C6D5T4S5
    • View Profile
Lia was now on her fourth bottle of butterbeer and was filling a bit light on her feet. She ate another chocolate cup-cake, and curled one of her red locks.

"That is so sweet of you,would you like to light it for us and sing happy birthday to me?"

Lia giggled for no reason. But then she felt instantly sober and set the bottle down, deciding to mingle. She walked to a girl who looked like she was probably a second year, and smiled, sticking out her hand to shake.

"Hi!" she cheerily siad. "You're Asita, right? I'm Ophelia, but call me Lia. How long have you known the birthday girl?" Lia asked, with genuine interest.

Jessie Pendragon

(04/10/2012 at 12:04)
  • Hufflepuff '37
  • C12D6T14S9
    • View Profile
Jessie was happily socializing with her guests when she saw Damon arrive,her smile lit up her face as she excused herself to go greet the shy new friend she had made in the forest just one day prior. She bounced over to him,giving him a slight hug so as not to freak him out but that's what Jessie did,she hugged people when she was happy to see them.

"Damon,I'm so glad you made it,I was hoping you would. Come on I will introduce you to my friends."Jessie offered taking him around and introducing him to everyone. Joelle wasn't there yet but she was bringing Jessie's real cake and would be here soon. Jessie started by introducing Damon to Asita since she was closer to his age and worked her way around the party stopping to grab a butterbeer from the refreshment table.

"Would you like anything to eat or drink?" She asked Damon wanting to get it for him and make him feel comfortable. She knew he was shy and it probably took a lot for him to show up at her party. She was truly grateful for that.

Asita Shan

(04/10/2012 at 12:28)
  • 3rd Year
  • C4D2T2S2
    • View Profile
Asita smiled at Lia. "Yeah, I'm Asita. Nice to meet you, Lia." Asita grinned excitedly. "I've known Jessie since I started last year, and it does help we're cousins."
Asita looked up as Jessie introduced her to a small boy, probably only a first year.
"Hi, you must be Damon. I'm Asita Shan, Jessie's cousin. I suppose you must be a first year." Asita smiled gently at the young boy. "I was a first year last year, so if you need any help, I'll be glad to give it."

Tags: