We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere

Author Topic: Clio Rose  (Read 269 times)

Clio Rose

(14/04/2012 at 01:04)
  • Owner, the Pizza Slicery
  • C6 D5 T10 S11

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Clio Rose.

Education: 
Hapsburg School of the Magical Arts.

Residence:
Lakeside Walk

Owner of The Pizza Slicery

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (example St Mungo's, the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
no.

Requested Magic Levels:
  • Charms: 17.
  • Transfiguration: 14.
  • Divination: 16.
  • Summoning: 16.
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
no.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Aviva Leah Wallerstein.

Tibbles Beard of Power:

Biography: (300 words minimum.)

Clio, Clio. That was the most common thing for Clio to here. Her social norm was being the center of attention and that sometimes- quite often- included jokes that made people speak the dreaded two words. Not that Clio minded.

It was far better here in England than at her parents' home in Palestine, where she was constantly under strict rules that made it impossible to be herself. Until she started attending Hapsburg School of the Magical Arts, of course. There, Clio enjoyed her free life. Well, okay, more free than at home.

Life on the lakefront was Clio's paradise, with excellent views and a friendly neighborhood surrounding her. The size of her house didn't bother her much; who needed twenty acres of extra space? Oh, that's right. Her parents.

At school, Clio was always the naughty girl. Not that it was a bad thing. All causing trouble could ever do to her was to brighten the lives of her peers and make them enjoy her company. Oh, yes. Nothing was better than being popular in high school.

Long before graduating, Clio had plans to live the remainder of her life in Great Britain. She shuddered at the thought of her old fashioned parents who insisted on coming to visit every other summer. Or she'd go to them. Either way, Clio dreaded these visits. She far more prefered to be in her home on Lakeside Walk with nobody many years older than herself, or in her shop, The Pizza Slicery.

Rules at home? None. At least not for herself. And for the Slicery, mostly only the stupid default rules that the government required her to inforce. Things like not damaging property or stealing. Okay, Clio had to admit that the rules weren't that stupid. They did save her a lot of trouble.

ROLEPLAY
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:
As she cruised down the road on her broomstick, Clio zoomed past a young girl who seemed scared and alone. By the looks, she was lost. Just as Clio had managed so many times when she was young. Except, for her, it had usually been semi-intentional. Not the same case with this girl.

Clio dismounted and trotted with her broom back to where the little girl stood. It was so dark that she could hardly see, but then the girl yanked on Clio's shirt and she suddenly remembered why she was here. "I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home. He misses my and his mommy." Clio somehow doubted that the girl really wasn't scared, but she went with it anyway. And who in the world was Sambundeakin? Ah, the furry creature in the girl's arms.

Clio needed to do something. "I'll help you find the way home, honey," she offered. "Do you know where you live?" Even if the girl could only name her street, Clio was confident that that would be enough to get the girl home safely.

SHOPKEEPER QUESTIONS
Answer these questions only if you are applying to be a shopkeeper as well.

Shop name: The Pizza Slicery.
Shop Description (200 words minimum): The Pizza Slicery, which was located halfway between Lakeside Walk and the middle of Hogsmeade, cooked its own food. This was not the kind of place that simply made an order of a few thousand pizzas and boxes of square-shaped boxes of garlic bread every morning. No, sir. Not at Clio's restraunt.

Restraunt was a bit fancy to call The Pizza Slicery, as it wasn't the most fancy shmancy place in Britain. Hangout/Diner was a slightly more accurate term, but Clio prefered to call it a restaurant. She thought it made it sound nicer.

Each day, all day, the cooks, with Clio in the lead, worked hard to bake an endless seeming supply of pizzas in an enormous variety of of topping combos. Clio valued feeding her customers delicious pizza and garlic bread, warm and fresh from the oven. Taste was more important than appearance, which was still important but just not quite as much so as taste. Even above taste, Clio prioritized healthiness. She didn't want her pizza to be unusually fattening, or bad tasting either. Often, pizza was one or the other. She'd learned that from a lot of experiece. It had taken her at least a year to come up with the perfect recipe, which, to her, really was perfect.

What purpose will this shop serve other than selling things and being the home of your character? Why would people want to RP there just for fun?
Teens and adults in the area come to The Pizza Slicery to have dinner or lunch. In the evenings, the environment is set up as a fancy-but-not-over-the-top-fancy resaurant. Clio had created an environment fit for this, with dimmed lights and slow music playing in the background. At those times of day, pasta is served as well as pizza and the waiters and waitresses dress Italian. During the day, the place serves as a hangout, with bright lights and fast popular music in the air.

The Pizza Slicery is a good place for people to RP at because it gives their charactors a place to hang out afternoon to night, whether it is in a fancy environment or a loud one.

Professor Tibble

(15/04/2012 at 17:08)
  • C/S Professor
Your requested levels add up to more than the permitted maximum. Could you please revise them?

Thanks!
"If we're going to die - let's die looking like a Peruvian folk band."

- Amy Pond, 'Amy's Choice'

Clio Rose

(29/04/2012 at 00:52)
  • C6 D5 T10 S11
•Charms: 7.
•Transfiguration: 10.
•Divination: 5.
•Summoning: 11.

Clio Rose

(03/05/2012 at 02:44)
  • C6 D5 T10 S11
•Charms: 6.
•Transfiguration: 10.
•Divination: 5.
•Summoning: 11.

Professor Tibble

(03/05/2012 at 18:04)
  • C/S Professor
Accepted.
"You die in the dream, you wake up in reality. Ask me what happens if you die in reality."

"What happens?"

"You die, stupid - that's why it's called reality."

- The Dream Lord, 'Amy's Choice'