We are currently accepting new applications for Elsewhere!

Author Topic: Kieren Eckert  (Read 332 times)

Micah Kelly

(05/12/2015 at 21:45)

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name:Kieren Eckert

Birthday:3/2/1961

Hometown:Kilrush,Ireland

Bloodline:
Muggleborn / Halfblood / Pureblood / Unknown

Magical Strength (pick one):
Divination / Transfiguration / Charms / Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one):

Year (pick two):Year 1, Year 2

Biography:
Kieren was born into a family of seven, which later grew into a family of eight. His father was a squib, while his mother was a muggle. Because of this his family was very surprised when he started making his disliked foods vanish from his plate. Kieren's extended family we're ecstatic to find this out, feeling that their bloodline had been redeemed from his father's failure. Others in his family hated him more for being magical while others were indifferent. Kieren's siblings on the other hand treated him like any other younger sibling.
The time warp has understandably complicated Kieren's family life. His mothers relatives turned him away, believing he was another orphan beggar from the war. Destitute Kieren wandered until he reached Dublin, the residence of his magical relatives. His great great grandmother, being an eccentric and the matriarch of the family believed his story, pointing out the telltale family features in the boy's face.
→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request:Hufflepuff

Personality:Kieren is a quiet, but adventurous boy.He does not have the most mainstream sense of humor and has sometimes made jokes that other rarely get, which has labeled him odd by many of his school mates.  Kieren is not the most confident, however he is kind, if not occasionally aloof. He often hikes to clear his head and to study plants and animals he encounter.  He records his findings and hopes to be able to discover something completely new one day.

Appearance:Kieren has curly, russet, brown hair. He has blue-green eyes and a large birthmark on the left side of his chest, that starts an inch above his collar bone.  He has prominent ears that jut out, just before the level of comical largeness. He suffers from seasonal paleness, which is typically remedied every summer. Kieren is fairly athletic and spends a large amount of time outside.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.
Kieren caught himself, dragging his eyes away. His heart seemed to crawl into his throat, and it took effort to untuck his chin and mumble out an apology. He had seen the whole scene unfold, felt more precisely. He had been trying to get in a few minuets of studying while he shoveled in bites of food and he almost chocked. Something had crawled up his leg before jumping off and presumably dashed out the great hall. He thought he saw a tiny brown body move between the doors, and had assumed he was right when an older boy got up in a rush and left the hall as well.

He didn't know what had made him follow the boy, his mom had always called him impulsive, while his father claimed that the motives behind great minds couldn't be explained. Now Kieren had to explain himself and honstly he didn't have an answer. He stumbled to pull out his journal, finding it eariser to right everything off on his hobby."I collect things...uh not collecting exactly...I draw them and write down what I see. Fish, bugs, uh plants. Anything really..."He cleared his throat, hangs flexing on the leather cover."I can help you catch it. I'm really good with things like that"

Awkwardly Kieren closed the book. Feeling that the older boy wasn't someone to be trusted."Sorry...uh"

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have on the site (current and previous):Micah Kelly, Tristan Dumont

How did you find us?:Google

Kelsey Cadwallader

(06/12/2015 at 15:56)
Great app Kieren! Seems like a good kid!

There is one thing about the bio I want you to think about though. Kieren would have likely been between 1 and 3 (depending on the year he is sorted into). Remembering his family would have been difficult and finding his own way to his family highly unlikely. Perhaps he was sent to an orphanage (like many young parentless wizards) and then they found his magical family? Or maybe his magical family came looking for him after the warp of their own accord?

Also the birthdate needs to be within the current timeline of the 30s and 40s, so if Kieren was a first year, his birthday might be 1935.

Make some changes and repost your entire application when you're ready. :)
« Last Edit: 06/12/2015 at 16:04 by Kelsey Cadwallader »

Kieren Eckert

(06/12/2015 at 23:43)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C1D2T0S1
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.

Name:Kieren Eckert

Birthday:3/2/1935

Hometown:Kilrush,Ireland

Bloodline:
Muggleborn / Halfblood / Pureblood / Unknown

Magical Strength (pick one):

Magical Weakness (pick one):

Year (pick two):Year 1, Year 2

Biography:
Kieren was born into a family of seven, which later grew into a family of eight. His father was a squib, while his mother was a muggle. Because of this his family was very surprised when he started making his disliked foods vanish from his plate. Kieren's extended family we're ecstatic to find this out, feeling that their bloodline had been redeemed from his father's failure. Others in his family hated him more for being magical while others were indifferent. Kieren's siblings on the other hand treated him like any other younger sibling.
The time warp has understandably complicated Kieren's family life. His mothers relatives turned him away, believing he was another orphan beggar from the war. Destitute Kieren ended up in an orphanage, like many other time warped children. Eventually rumors reached the Eckert's that a child was claiming to be a member of their family. Piquing his families interest, though they remained skeptical, a few members of his family decided to visit him. Kieren's physical attributes showed some family relation so his family took a vote and ultimately decided to accept the boy into their family. Some of Kieren's family still give him a rough time, believing that a half blood isn't pure enough to be a part of their family. Being so young Kieren doesn't yet understand the perceived impotence of blood and sees no reason why he shouldn't live with his family.
→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request:Hufflepuff

Personality:Kieren is a quiet, but adventurous boy. He does not have the most mainstream sense of humor and has sometimes made jokes that other rarely get, which has labeled him odd by many of his school mates.  Kieren is not the most confident, however he is kind, if not occasionally aloof. He often hikes to clear his head and to study plants and animals he encounter.  He records his findings and hopes to be able to discover something completely new one day.

Appearance:Kieren has curly, russet, brown hair. He has blue-green eyes and a large birthmark on the left side of his chest, that starts an inch above his collar bone.  He has prominent ears that jut out, just before the level of comical largeness. He suffers from seasonal paleness, which is typically remedied every summer. Kieren is fairly athletic and spends a large amount of time outside.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.
Kieren caught himself, dragging his eyes away. His heart seemed to crawl into his throat, and it took effort to untuck his chin and mumble out an apology. He had seen the whole scene unfold, felt more precisely. He had been trying to get in a few minuets of studying while he shoveled in bites of food and he almost chocked. Something had crawled up his leg before jumping off and presumably dashed out the great hall. He thought he saw a tiny brown body move between the doors, and had assumed he was right when an older boy got up in a rush and left the hall as well.

He didn't know what had made him follow the boy, his mom had always called him impulsive, while his father claimed that the motives behind great minds couldn't be explained. Now Kieren had to explain himself and honestly he didn't have an answer. He stumbled to pull out his journal, finding it easier to right everything off on his hobby."I collect things...uh not collecting exactly...I draw them and write down what I see. Fish, bugs, uh plants. Anything really..."He cleared his throat, hangs flexing on the leather cover."I can help you catch it. I'm really good with things like that"

Awkwardly Kieren closed the book. Feeling that the older boy wasn't someone to be trusted."Sorry...uh"

→ ABOUT YOU.

Please list any characters you have on the site (current and previous):Tristan Dumont

How did you find us?:Google
[/quote]

* Anneka Ivanova

(07/12/2015 at 18:18)
  • Hogwarts Headmistress
  • [Winner!] HSNet 30-Day Challenge
    • View Profile

Mr Eckert,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

Term begins 01 Jaunary 2016. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the Castle.

Sincerely,

Headmistress
and if I'm flying solo, at least I'm flying free
to those who ground me, take a message back from me
tell them how I am defying gravity

Tags: