Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1970!

Author Topic: Quinton Stalk  (Read 753 times)

Quinton Stalk

(01/05/2014 at 00:26)
  • Ickle Firstie!
  • C0D1T1S2
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Name: Quinton Stalk

Birthday: August 3rd

Hometown: Manchester

Bloodline: Muggleborn
Muggleborn / Halfblood / Pureblood / Unknown

Magical Strength (pick one): Conjuring & Summoning
Divination / Transfiguration / Charms / Conjuring & Summoning

Magical Weakness (pick one): Charms
Divination / Transfiguration / Charms / Conjuring & Summoning

Year (pick two): first or third year

Biography:

Quinton was found late at night in the neighborhood park swing set, by his adoptive father, Officer Thomas Stalks. Upon meeting Quinton on the swing wearing a red jacket, pants, and a black cap with the Manchester United crest on it. Thomas tried asking him a few questions on where his parents are or if he was lost and needed a ride home. Quinton just shook his head looking at the down, while his tummy rumpled angry.  Thomas convinced him to come with him to get some food at the Police station.

In the car Thomas ask a lot of Quinton to with the no response back just him looking at the window. At the station Thomas tried to look up any information about the lost child with nothing showing up. The other officers told him Quinton would have to go to an orphanage if he could not locate his parents. Having grown up in an orphanage himself, he decided to adopt the boy at the park. When he took the Quinton to his house the first time helped him take off his jacket and cap; saw written in black ink the words, Quinton. When he was getting the boy ready for bed, he asked what I should call you. Quinton looked at him with a bored expression nodded. Thomas suggested Robert, John, James; each name Quinton made a weird face, until Thomas said Quinton. The look on his face was the first smile Thomas saw from him. Quinton felt like that word was comforting to him in some way so he chose that word, Quinton to be his name.

While growing up Thomas did the best he could raising a child on his own. He took the overnight shifts so he could spend the day with Quinton teaching him how to letters and trying to get him to remember his past life before the park. During the days Thomas had days off he would take Quinton to the country side to explore. If Thomas did not keep an eye on him he would climb the nearest tree. Quinton always liked to run and greet others, from small dogs to the elderly on the streets. Which was not bad until one time when Quinton five he ran across the street to get some candy from the store and was almost hit by a car. After that incident Thomas enrolled him in grade school that was only two blocks away from the police station he work in.

When Quinton was seven, Thomas got married to a Lady named Mary Peterson, who he did not like at first because Mary and her five year old daughter named Lavender would take up Thomas's attention. So while in school he would pick fights with the kids in his year. When his father heard he put him in football to help but it was not until he punched Lavender telling her that he hate her did Thomas have a serious talk with him.  Since then Thomas would try to spend one day a week with just him and Quinton. During those father and son day he would teach him right and wrong and how to treat others. It was not until he was about to turn eight he started showing sign of magical abilities.

One day after school while walking with Lavender to their house some boys started to make fun of Lavender. So Quinton made the bullies book bags start throwing their books at them. A teacher saw this and walked them back to school and called the mother, telling her what happened. When she came to the school the teacher told help him control his magic and suggested moving would be best for him because there were too many muggles in this city. After a long talk with her husband about the magic, the time jump and Quinton they decided to move to the countryside a couple hours away. Quinton sad to leave the first home he every known but excited to go off to somewhere new and saw the new house had a backyard filled with trees to climb.

Life at home was a quiet one living in the countryside. Before the move Thomas resign from the police force to help his wife fulfill her dreams of owning a tea shop. A normal day for Quinton was in the morning his mother would teach him how to control his magic and some school studies, along with his sister who started to show some magical abilities of her own. After they were done, they went to the tea shop with their father awaiting them. Quinton's job was to be a gracious host, take orders, or help make the tea fusions. He tried other task other the shop but always manage to break something or cut his fingers. Around six in the even they would close the shop and go back home together where either parent would make dinner and ate between seven and eight. Then at night his father would come to bed and tell him stories about brave knights or warriors. When it came to his birthday the family would go to watch the Manchester United football team, his favorite sport team. After the football game, his mother would make his favorite meal grilled lemon chicken and pasta, along with strawberry tea. Life could not have been better for Quinton and his blended magical family.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request: Gryffindor

Personality:
Quinton has always second guessed himself when it came to reports because he was taught that everything spoken could be used against you. He also if clumsy when he is not focus on a task at hand and has been known to be stubborn when it comes to his traditional beliefs. He can be found often outside trying to discover new things, or relaxing in a tree drinking tea. When it comes to meeting new people he is friendly and could talk your ear off if he had the time.

Appearance:

Quinton is 5'9 which is tall for his age being in his mid teens. His light brown straight hair that sits on his neck sometimes hiding his ears. His eyes are a soft blue. Normally wearing collar shirt, sweater vest and a pair of pressed pants.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.
Option 2

Frog legs!?” Quinton replied, shrugging his shoulders without thinking as he turned around to face the sound of the voice. Upon looking at the blonde maiden before him he began to stutter, Well, what I meant to say was …”

Quinton stared down at his legs, thinking really hard on what to say because if he said something negative would he be ridiculed? Do witches and wizards actually like frog legs at lunch or do they eat them at a different time? Maybe frog legs are a breakfast item like eggs because they both have protein. So supposedly, normal magical people would he frog legs in the morning but maybe they like them so much that they would want them from lunch. Either way it would not make sense why this person is asking me. Maybe she overheard me saying that I wanted to try more magical foods at dinner last Tuesday, but why would she care? Oh, yea I she asked me a question and I did not answer her yet. Quinton quickly looked up from his feet to the blue eyes of the girl in front of him like he had just woken up.

To answer your question, I never tried frog legs before so my opinion would not mean much. I say as long as no other foods get taken out of the menu because of them. Then why not have them for the people who enjoy them. Like I said I never had them but if I could try one I would.” Quinton smiling sounding confident that he answer the question without making him look like an idiot. Putting his hands together over his chest, Speaking of lunch would like to join me in the Great Hall? They may be serving the frog legs you have been asked me about?” He chuckled as he extended a hand to her.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable): none

How did you find us?: Through Evelyn Takamura

Collin OReilly

(01/05/2014 at 04:10)
  • 42nd Battalion - Captain - Head of Nursing Corps
  • C15D10T13S8
    • View Profile
Mr Stalk,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School has been accepted. Term begins 01 May 2014. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the School.

Regards,
Collin O'Reilly

Please keep in mind that when Quinton is younger than 11 he might have accidental bursts of magic, but that would never be anything big or complicated, and not something that would usually happen often either. A flying book or a cup busting are the things that might happen. Therefore his adoptive mother and father might very well teach him about magic, but they would not actually be able to teach him magic itself until he has turned 11.
The Wizard's Alliance
SUPPORTING FAMILIES SINCE 1938

Tags: