Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1958!

Author Topic: Griffin Asherworth  (Read 284 times)

Griffin Asherworth

(07/08/2013 at 20:47)
  • 6th Year
  • C6D5T7S6
    • View Profile

Application for Hogwarts School

→ CHARACTER INFORMATION.
Griffin Asherworth:

January 26th.:

Bristol, England.:

Bloodline:
Halfblood, adopted by a Pureblood family.   

Magical Strength (pick one):
Transfiguration.

Magical Weakness (pick one):
Divination. 

Year (pick two):
6th or 5th.

Biography:
If you are applying to be a first, second, or third year, your biography must be at least one hundred words long.
If you are applying to be a fourth year or above, your biography must be at least three hundred words long.

When asked, as she often was in the old days, his mother said that they had found him on the steps of a muggle cathedral. He, a wailing babe with no name or origin, was cradled unceremoniously in the wings of a stone gargoyle. The Asherworths’, kind, and high born, and barren, saw no reason not to scoop up the little shrieking child and bring him back to the home estate, where he would grow up strong and brave and bold.

His mother would then tuck him into bed, kiss him on the nose, and watch him drift on to sleep, never the wiser that every word of his fairy tale beginning was true.

For his part, Griffin did grow up strong, and not without a modicum of bravery, enough to sleep in darkened chambers and listen to ghost stories with nary a flinch. But he was never a bold child, nor an especially kind one despite his parent’s influence. He was never cruel, but he was often cold. Quiet and calculated, measured and highly self-aware despite his youth. His father, a diligent student of muggle histories, thought he saw something of Caesar in the shifting of his son’s eyes.

But the boy was not without his joys. He was a child, after all. Griffin spent hours in his room with his model trains, his building blocks, and his books, never leaving but for meals.

One morning, when he was eight years old, his mother took him on an outing into the city. Griffin’s father thought this would be a perfect opportunity to allow the maid into his bedroom to straighten things up, just to keep things tidy.

No sooner had he opened the door to his son’s bedroom, did he and the housekeeper both recoil in astonishment.

Covering the entire floor, the desk, the walk in closet, almost the entire room save the bed, was a sprawling city. Made almost entirely to scale, the detail work was truly astounding given the limited materials. It was a near perfect overview of one of the most renowned cityscapes in the country.

Without anyone knowing of it, the boy had built London in his bedroom.

Only one detail seemed entirely out of place. As expected, on the miniature Buckingham Palace flew several tiny flags. However, upon closer inspection, Mr. Asherworth realized they were not the colors of the British Empire, nor any country in the world for that matter.

The flags bore the Asherworth coat of arms.

→ ADDITIONAL INFORMATION.
Note: This section is optional, and is up to you to complete.

House Request:
Slytherin.

Personality:
Greatly unchanged since childhood, Griffin is the still the reserved, ambitious young man he always was. But he is more outspoken now. He has dropped his standoffish attitude and had become more open to relationships with others.

He remains fiercely proud of his heritage, despite his families ‘cavalier attitude about their bloodline. He still has no idea he’s adopted.

Appearance:
Dark haired, and chestnut eyed, he is not without some physical charm. But he’s slender and looks young for his age, and has not yet taken much interest in his appearance outside of making himself look presentable.

→ SAMPLE ROLEPLAY.
Please reply to one of the Sample Roleplays below.

“What do you think about serving frog legs at lunch? Some say it’s a delicacy, but others think it’s plain gross.”

It wasn’t that he didn’t have time for this. In all honesty, Griffin’s schedule had been pleasantly open for the past two days, having completed the majority of his assignments ahead of time. At the moment, he was having what many would call a ‘leisurely stroll’ down the corridor.   

No, Griffin had ample amounts of time for idle chatter. But that was the problem, wasn’t it. The senseless talk of the ridiculous school paper was no concern of his, and in fact a possible detriment to his sanity.

So when the young woman came bounding up to him, all stupid questions and intrusions, he looked away. Up into the ceiling and briefly wondered if a mad dash to the staircase would do him any good, or if she would just come clambering after him.

Deciding that no, facing the beast head on was the most appropriate way to slay it, he turned back towards the girl and answered shortly. “I wonder,” he said. “If you and yours would consider doing a piece on the effects of the media’s constant harassment of the general public,” he turned slightly, still eyeing the reporter.

“I would think that it would be a highly illuminating article for all involved. A good deal more than frogs legs, in any case.” Smiling, Griffin inclined his head, and turned away. Perhaps a trip to the lake next, he thought. It was a nice day for a stroll.

→ ABOUT YOU.

Previous Characters (if applicable):
Lotharius Chaucer, Aislin O’Shae, Minera O’Shae, and Shane Caravel.

How did you find us?:
In my heart, I think I’ve always known. Also friends.

« Last Edit: 08/08/2013 at 08:06 by Griffin Asherworth »

Alastair Grimm

(07/08/2013 at 21:57)
Hey Griffin!

Everything looks good! I just want to clarify on Griffin's eye colour as unusual colours for eyes and hair do require a special request. At one point you mentioned they were golden? Just let me know on that!

Thanks!
Alastair Grimm

Griffin Asherworth

(08/08/2013 at 08:05)
  • 6th Year
  • C6D5T7S6
    • View Profile
Hello hello! Thanks very much! Originally Griffin was supposed to have brown eyes but his face claim seemed to have a golden tinge so I went with it. I'll change it back to the original brown.

Eirwen Medraut

(08/08/2013 at 11:46)
  • Secrétaire Des Admission & Conseiller
  • C17D12T13S9
    • View Profile
Mr Asherworth,

Congratulations, your application to Hogwarts School has been accepted. Term begins 01 September, 2013. Currently, students have gathered at Camp Loki. Your admission is joint for both the school and Camp Loki, and we encourage you to spend your summer there. Should you choose, you may also visit our Elsewhere board via the Floo Network to visit or purchase school supplies. We look forward to seeing you at the School.

Regards,
Eirwen Medraut

Tags: