Welcome to Hogwarts School :: A Harry Potter RPG! It's 1971!

Author Topic: Julian Michael Cross  (Read 782 times)

Julian Cross

(26/10/2012 at 07:10)
  • Accidental Magic Reversal Squad, Jr. Member
  • C10D8T7S8
    • View Profile

E L S E W H E R E   A D U L T

CHARACTER INFORMATION
Character Name: Julian Michael Cross

Education: 
St. Cecilia's Orphanage, 1927-1930
Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, Ravenclaw ‘36

Residence:
Clybourne Court, 02-A, London

Occupation:**If you are planning to work at St. Mungo's, please fill out the St. Mungo's application here instead.
Junior Member of the Accidental Magic Reversal Squad

Do you plan to have a connection to a particular existing place (for example: the Ministry, Shrieking Shack) or to take over an existing shop in need of new management?
N/A.

Requested Magic Levels: (see here on how to do this)
If you want levels above the usual 32 total, please read the roleplay instructions carefully upon scrolling down.
Levels Graduated with:
  • Charms: 7
  • Transfiguration: 7
  • Divination: 8
  • Summoning: 7
Do you wish to be approved as a group with any other characters? If so who and for what IC reason?
No.

Please list any other characters you already have at the site:
Thalia G, Sera M. and a few.

Biography: (300 words minimum.)
He didn’t know what to think of humanity.

In retrospect, and if he were cynical enough, the subject wouldn’t have fared very well in his eyes, the definition would’ve earned a scathing remark, a curse word, or a cold shoulder. Furthermore if he were looking upon its root word, humans – he still cringed at the thought, yes, even now- one could say that his opinion of them had remained, to an extent, unchanged.

Of course, the term persisted to be subjective. Subjective to what, exactly, would take another a long day of rumination. Today was not the day to think of such things, however. He had not a mite of concern for those of lowly peerage, and mulling over them would only be a proper waste of time. He’d save that for a wearisome day, at work, for example. If he found one, that is.

Another hour ticked by, and Julian found himself biting back his own words. He had no choice. As he waited, his glorious grey matter had been left to rot with idleness – redeemed only when his mental opines reached upon a most delicate topic - fingers drumming a morbid tune on the armrest, complete staccatos to the tune of ‘Ode to Joy’. He refrained from muttering the I-word.

Interviews were such a chore, a blasphemous chore.

He shouldn’t need to do them, but even he, the great Julian Cross, had to deign himself to such measures, just to prove himself competent. He knew that he was sufficiently so, ergo, he loathed this manner of having to forfeit oneself for critical assessment. It was lowly, having your person be judged and approved by some idiot, just so he could sit behind a desk and perform repetitious tasks over and over again.

He didn’t mind, however.

As long as he had his name scrimshawed on a nameplate, not forgetting the opportunity to boss people around – he liked control, all of it – and took over as Head of Department.

A slow smile edged onto his lips. Oh, he could see it happening. Katie would be proud.

His sister was his truest emollient. Though he wasn’t nearly the man he wanted to be, if not for her, Julian would’ve ceased trying. She was all that he had left, when their parents seemed to have given up on them; he would do anything to make her happy. Sometimes, he thought himself a better man because of her, she brought out something in him that he never thought existed. Something he and his hubris both repulsed and held so very dear.

Since his graduation from Hogwarts, while he’d been wandering the streets of London, contemplative, aimless and lost, he’d decided to pursue his ambitions, just to assuage his boredom and be somewhat…productive? Even so, Katie would be pleased to hear that he was doing something with his time. 

Now, he lounged on a chaise; legs sprawled over the velveteen cushion, seemingly nonchalant. He couldn’t not wait.

The knob turned as a redhead poked her head through the ajar door and called for him.

It was time.

Roleplay: (If you are requesting Exceptional levels - above 32 total - please respond to the roleplay and questions here instead)
Reply as your character to the following:

It was impossible for Dianne to stay out of trouble. It wasn't that she was looking for trouble, it's just that trouble always managed to find her. Today she wished she could find something equally familiar but more comforting.

The five-year old girl hugged her puffskein closer to her and brushed her face in its soft fur for comfort. She had named him herself and he was always her special pet. No she was certain she had never gone down this side street before. Her anxiety increased every second as darkness fell as she walked down the road. A loud noise came to her left and she buried her face in her pet's fur completely. The scared girl bolted the opposite way slamming the both of them into the wall of the nearest building. Tottering back a few steps she found a door a few feet to her right and ran to open it. What light there was inside spilled out into the darkness and she spilled into the room.

Once in, she was caught between the impulse to curl her cloak up more tightly around her and loosen her grip on it. She wasn't alone anymore but she was now among strangers instead, which was nearly as terrifying. Her puffskein had recovered from the shock of the wall and now was purring contentedly as the girl hugged it, causing a mildly calming effect on the girl. Gathering her courage, she marched up to the nearest person, pulled on the nearest clothing hem and blurted out in a loud voice:

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

She paused to draw a breath in her nearly never-ending sentence, "He misses my and his mommy."

To explain the scared girl held up the custard-colored puffskein. Sambundeakin the puffskein, however simply purred as if nothing on earth was wrong in the world.

Roleplay Response:
He was lost again.

It seemed like he always was, unfortunately, lost.

He wandered now, floating like a driftwood out on an open sea, buoyed by the waves, like he was with the people that milled around him. He couldn’t recognise the street he was on, the lights blurred and converged together, it distracted him. Merlin, he needed a drink.

And a drink was what he’d get.

He traipsed into a pub, smoothing his hair from his hat right after he sinked onto the nearest stool he could find. He hadn’t bothered to with the door, he wasn’t a bloody doorman. A finger raised in the air, he hailed a passing waitress, offered a wan smile, muttered his order: a shot of Firewhiskey.

As he steepled his hands on the counter, he felt a slight tugging on his his coat. He turned, a frown fixed upon his face, ready to snarl at the fool who’d disrupted his peace-

A little girl.

What was a child doing in a place such as this?

"I'm lost and it's dark and I wanted to know where I am but I'm not scared but I am worried that Sambundeakin is scared because he's little and needs something to eat and wants to go home."

Julian’s gaze softened, his frown slacked and was replaced by a tiny smile. They were both lost, somehow, Julian took comfort in the fact that he wasn’t the only one.

"He misses my and his mommy."

The young man looked down at the bundle of fur the girl had been cradling. Probably some sort of critter, her pet, perhaps. She was the very epitome of 'hopelessly lost', just as he had once been, rather, still was. Julian felt an odd twinge on his chest. It twisted mercilessly. It made him want to care.

“I don’t think I’m the right person you’d want to get help from, love. I’m just as lost as you are.” He chuckled lightly and snuck a glance at the child, hoping that he hadn’t been too harsh. He didn’t like tears, he never did know what to do with them. And if this child cried, he’d bolt.

“Sit here while I find someone who can help you.” added Julian gently, placating with her, patting the stool next to him. He wasn’t truly good with kids. He usually scared them off, didn’t he?

Fortunately for the girl, the waitress sashayed back towards his table, a shot of whiskey in her tray. He watched as her gaze slipped from him... to the child beside him. She'd be a fool if she'd considered associating him with the kid.

"Thank you," grunted Julian, his hand curling around the glass, shielding its contents from the girl. "Miss, before you go, could you please assist this child?"

His malachite gaze flicked towards the youngster, his other hand pushing a few galleons towards the waitress. He'd probably tripled her tip, more than enough.

"She and her little companion, Sambundeakin, is it? - seem to have gotten themselves lost in this area and... I suppose they would be needing some refreshments, as well." He swilled his drink, ice clinking sharply against the glass.

The sooner he got rid of this girl, the better.

"Put it on my tab."

He wasn't in the mood to feel sorry.

OTHER
How did you find us? Google

Phineas Malthus

(26/10/2012 at 23:47)
  • Gryffindor House Ghost
    • View Profile
Accepted!

Tags: